❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby emu-tionallyunstable » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Aaa I haven’t posted on here in so long, i guess i was too busy not writing my nanowrimo novel
Although I did actually get the goal, somehow with all of the procrastination hmm
Well, anyway, I’m already insane so why not try another writing challenge -
What is the advent challenge?

How do the people in your life (irl or online) affect your writing?
They affect it a lot, actually. I usually base minor or even major characters on my friends, or parents, or random people at school who don’t know me and I don’t know them (which is a little creepy I know), especially in a novel when I need a last minute character
Do you know anyone in real life who writes? Do they help you or you help them?
Yeah, my guitar teacher writes and she’s only a few years older 8ish years older than me but idk I guess I’m mature but she writes petty and often helps me, sometimes well just meet up at coffee shops and write and aaa she’s amazing
What's your biggest weakness as a writer?
Staying on task. I love to procrastinate, and to be honest the only time i feel like writing is when I’m not supposed to during class or something. Something else is I have extremely low self esteem and always second guess myself and then quit something in the middle. I’m surprised i even got NaNo done, my inner editor was going nuts

Sorry for my horrible spelling today, um I drank way to much coffee last month
trades are always open!
emu-tionallyunstable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:51 am

day 2
-high pitched mocking voice- oh I'm just going to write super shorts every day!
-writes almost a thousand words of pure nonsense-
Also, shall I spam the thread with a new advent every day? I think not, but I may anyway.
@ Vanillamelon The advent challenge is where you write a promt every day as a countdown to Christmas from the 1st to the 25th, you could still join though, no one cares when you start. You can pick out your own prompts or some people have posted lists if you want to check them out.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 am

wow! a wild advent challenge page appeared
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 am

Geowlett wrote:I cannot write to save my life but I'm required to write a poem and present it. Any tips?
Oh no! I actually have no idea, I'm so sorry D: Maybe you could look tips up on... somewhere? Library? Pinterest? I wish I could help! Good luck!!

Is there something your characters are much better at than you? (conversations with others, making friends, etc):
Logue's is being an optimist HAHAHAHAHAHAHA help

ghoul. wrote:~snip~

(i didn’t see a forum for this so i inserted myself, hope that’s okay)
Welcome along! Watch out for carrots! I hope you enjoy it here :D

*snatches advent links*
Mine.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:06 am

@Ghoul
Welcome! I completely missed your post, but remember to watch out for carrots!

Is there something your characters are much better at than you? (conversations with others, making friends, etc):
Femie has better emotional control and is much more motivated than I am. I guess she's also going to have to have a better stamina than me, which really isn't difficult as mine is about a nanometre long. I mean she probably has better emotional control than I do, especially for anger.

Guess who's already behind in the advent challenge??
This guy *finger guns*
(I've got 2 hours before I'm late for day 2)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 am

First off, I have a ton of characters with abstract personalities so in a sense, all of my characters are better than me at something.

Bellaluna (and her entire family) and Björn are so much better at being optimistic. Aki is better at negotiation, Amelia is way more intelligent, Terrance is better at being a bad person, jophiel is better at withstanding the crap of others, wisteria is better at cooking and taking care of people and Xia is... Me XD

Also yes I am also behind in the advent challenge
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:01 pm

annnnnd
I'm late on the advent challenge
Although!!! I have written most of it, I just need to transition into the end of the chapter ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:09 pm

I finally started the advent challenge! I skipped the first three days, may catch up later, and jumped straight to number four boop.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm

aaahh need some asap advice for this bit. it's super repetitive and I need to edit it by tomorrow

To come settle on the red planet, to make it theirs. As new oxygen flooded the planet’s atmosphere, it became clear that it no longer belonged to the Martians, but the the colonist’s as they staked claim to each mountain and canal. And when eventually they exhausted Mar’s resources and land, sure enough the humans would leave to find some other land to call their own. The irony of it was ridiculous. They shaped and bent Mars to look like their own out of a dislike for change, but they let their own familiar planet die and chose a whole new world to change, instead of changing their own for the better. The want to preserve human culture seemed to fall to it’s knees in comparison to the fear of letting another life on. And so, human nature ripped up the marbled cities and golden walls. Crystalline windows lay shattered in the dusty red earth, and the dust of burnt bones and lost life flowed throughout valleys and plains. The humans payed no mind to this devastation. To the obliteration, the excavation, even, of the life that once filled the strange and broken city streets. Martian life became a myth once more, something only those joking around would believe in. For there was no more such thing, as Martian life. Only the colonies.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm

annyeong wrote:aaahh need some asap advice for this bit. it's super repetitive and I need to edit it by tomorrow

To come settle on the red planet, to make it theirs. As new oxygen flooded the planet’s atmosphere, it became clear that it no longer belonged to the Martians, but the repeated word the colonist’s as they staked claim to each mountain and canal. And when eventually they exhausted Mar’s resources and land, sure enough the humans would leave to find some other land to call their own. The irony of it was ridiculous. They shaped and bent Mars to look like their own out of a dislike for change, but they let their own familiar planet die and chose a whole new world to change, instead of changing their own for the better. The want to preserve human culture seemed to fall to it’s knees in comparison to the fear of letting another life on. And so, human nature ripped up the marbled cities and golden walls. Crystalline windows lay shattered in the dusty red earth, and the dust of burnt bones and lost life flowed throughout valleys and plains. The humans payed no mind to this devastation. To the obliteration, the excavation, even, of the life that once filled the strange and broken city streets. Martian life became a myth once more, something only those joking around would believe in. For there was no more such thing, as Martian life. Only the colonies.

I really like it! I don't think it's repetitive, but I have noticed a few grammar and spelling mistakes I highlighted. I really like it! Especially this part: And so, human nature ripped up the marbled cities and golden walls. Crystalline windows lay shattered in the dusty red earth, and the dust of burnt bones and lost life flowed throughout valleys and plains. Good job!

So I have a question for everyone - I've been working on some world building and I want to ask everyone to send some questions. As simple as "What is the government like?" or some small detail like "What does a bride where when she's getting married?" Then I shall answer one a day or something (Probably won't post them tho) It will help make the world much richer. :)

Code: Select all
[b]What questions (big or small) would you ask about a new world or culture?[/b]
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren