Chaosclan Writing Thread

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

119 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:51 am

--Thrushdive becomes protective of Waspkit and Foxglovekit, seeing the way that Darkfang is already trying to push them to be stronger than they can be at their young age. He ends up growling at the tom, telling him he needs to leave, after he pushes Waspkit too far and she ends up hurting one of her paws. The other queens and attendants back him up, and Thrushdive decides to go to Charstar and Foxstar to talk about Darkfang's unsettling decisions.
    --Quartzheart has been plagued by nightmares. He can't shake them. He tries his best to continue life as normal, finding himself leading a patrol without even thinking about it. Every turn, every step, he sees the white pelt of Quetzalshine in the snow, in the moonlight, in the shine of the rocks against the sun. He can't shake Quetzalshine. The scouting captain has no choice but to stop, his patrol mates taking care of him and bringing him back to camp to the healers. Rabbitfoot is never far away from him, and the tom tells his mate the good news of expecting kits in a calm moment, elating Quartzheart's mood more than he thought possible. He vows to raise his kits in Agatewhisker's memory, in Quetzalshine's memory, in all his lost family member's and clanmate's memory.
    --Aldertooth and Nightwing finally make their relationship official with the rest of the clan, having been getting closer to each other over the past few moons. Connected by their losses, connected by their calm personalities, the toms found that they fell in love slowly, and knew that their late mates would not want them to stew in sadness. Indeed, Aldertooth feels like he can feel Dogskip smiling on him, and the same for Nightwing with Tornadospark. The toms are finally able to move on, growing together, though they know they will never forget their first loves.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

120 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:32 am

--In their hearts, the clan knows that Thymesong's time in ChaosClan has ended. Hemlockflame closes her eyes, the grief filling her soul and causing her to never let her kits out of her sight. The kits barely were old enough to get to know their mother, Hemlockflame vowing to make sure they know who Thymesong was and to honor her kind and gentle spirit.
    --Darkfang is getting desperate, realizing that he won't be able to have the grip on his kits that he wanted with Thrushdive's watchful eye over them. In a fit of rage and desperation, he steals the kits away and runs away from the clan during the night. He hides out in the small hideout of the remnants of the Dark Crows. The rogue group is outnumbered by ChaosClan, but the rogues prepare with a vengeance, hoping to take out the leadership of the large clan and infiltrate and take over, regardless of their lack of numbers. Darkfang wants his revenge.
    --Charstar and Foxstar organize search parties for the missing kits, Lichendust now sure of what it's seen with Darkfang being true. The clan once again prepares for a battle with the rogues, realizing they have no idea how many Dark Crows remain and what they need to expect. Still, they stay and prepare defenses rather than trying to run or find them, deciding uniting is better than scattering in this moment.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

121 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:10 am

--The Dark Crows take the element of surprise on ChaosClan, the clan only just realizing how much of a threat the Dark Crows still posed. Lichendust bravely takes guard duty alone, against the wishes of Charstar or Foxstar, who say they still have days to prepare and allow themselves to be consumed with the idea of finding Darkfang before worrying about the possibility that the rogues will attack them. Lichendust barely manages to wake the clan before The Dark Crows launch a blitz attack under the cover of the new moon.
    --Charstar is the most taken off guard, being the first to die as he tries to bargain with Darkfang as the leader of the Crows. In a turn of fake surrender, Darkfang feigns an injury to get closer to Charstar, dealing a fatal blow as the leader allows the cat closer, naively thinking that Darkfang was indeed going to surrender and disband the rogues. Fueled by grief and rage, the ChaosClan cats laucnh their own attack, a bloodbath the clan will not forget and will not soon recover from.
    --However hard the battle is, the clan cats don't stop fighting until all the Crows are gone. Lichendust does not rest until it knows the rogues are leaving for good, chasing them until dawn through meadows, treelines, over Thunderpaths until he is sure they are far enough way to venture its way back. ChaosClan had almost included it in their count of their fallen comrades, though Goldfishpaw, standing guard valiantly alongside a couple of other apprentices, sees it and raises the alarm that its back.
    --The aftermath is not easy. With so many of Charstar's family in the clan, his loss hits the clan hard. It takes days for Silverdance to be able to step up and receive his nine lives, mourning with the clan even if Charstar wasn't a familial connection; he lost a great friend and great leader. During his leadership ceremony, Silverdance vows to uphold Charstar's way of leadership. Silverdance becomes Silverstar, conferring with Foxstar about again offering Quartzheart the deputy position - the cat that Silverstar was convinced should stand here in the leader's spot instead of him, remembering that Quartzheart had declined deputy once before. Feeling more ready than he had before, Quartzheart accepts the position with a small grip of fear in his heart, though he swears that he feels the soft weight of Agatewhisker's tail on his shoulder as he nods, a lump in his throat as he stares at Rabbitfoot encouraging him with a smile.
    --Lichendust is a clear choice for scouting captain, at least to the leaders and newly appointed deputy. The cat accepts the position humbly, not sure it really deserves it, though knowing it wants to keep this clan safe even at the cost of its life. The others in the clan feel safe with this choice, Lichendust's actions holding him highly in the clan's eyes.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

122 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:11 am

--The apprentice den is getting big - something that Silverstar takes it upon himself to fix as one of his first leader responsibilities. In a bonding moment for the clan, the apprentice den is shifted into a separate building, it being decided as part of apprentice training that each night two apprentices will be assigned guard duty, as practice for expected duties as warriors. Each will take turns for half the night, with the first given the responsibility of waking their next guard.
    --Quartzheart takes the moon off his deputy duties to welcome the arrival of his two kits - Hedgehogkit and Marblekit. He looks at them with wonder in his eyes, wishing desperately that Agatewhisker and Scorchlight could see his kits; with that in mind, he can sense their presence from The Fallen, watching over his small family. With a burning passion, Quartzheart signs to Rabbitfoot that he will protect this family with his life if he must, a new sense of confidence and purpose filling his paws with fire as he goes out to assign patrols and do his duties.
    --Aldertooth and Nightwing welcome their own growing family, Twilightkit and Elmkit being humbly accepted into the nursery, watched for the meantime by Rabbitfoot. Like Quartzheart, each get the feeling their loved ones in The Fallen are watching over their growing family with pride.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

123 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:39 am

--For the first time since Darkfang's death, Fleabite is starting to feel at peace. He, Laurelbreeze, Midgestorm, Cuckoowhistle, and newly acquired in the friend group Songbirdecho are finally feeling peace with themselves too. They are growing, happy, and cherished warriors of the clan. Slowly, a fire burns between Songbirdecho and Fleabite, one that Laurelbreeze and Midgestorm both joke that they saw coming a fox length away, always seeing the way Songbirdecho would steal glances over at Fleabite, the tom too caught up in his own stress to see it until now.
    --Foxglovekit and Waspkit often get glances from other cats about Darkfang, the whispers following them. Now that they are older and understand these whispers, able to piece two and two together about the disappearance of their father and the contempt some cats give them, the sisters vow to change the cats' minds about them. They are loyal through and through, and love their clan as their actual family, the image of their father slowly fading from their mind. They have each other, and that's the ultimate thing that matters to either of them. As they approach their apprenticeship, Foxglovekit realizes that she would rather be a healer than a fighter, and goes to spend time learning from the medicine cats to understand if this is the path she wants to pursue.
    --Finchkit is found on a patrol, too young to be on their own and severely malnourished, yet a spark lies within their eyes, staring defiantly at any clan cat that tried to look at them with pity or discontent. Quartzheart is the first to offer to take the kit as their own, realizing that this young one needs protection just as his own kits do. Once Finchkit receives their own clan name - after refusing to tell the clan their past name, selectively choosing to forget anything about their past - they drop their guard, accepting Rabbitfoot and Quartzheart as their parents with ease and welcoming Hedgehogkit and Marblekit as their littermates. And so Quartzheart's and Rabbitfoot's family grows.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

124 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:18 am

--Foxglovepaw takes her spot among the healers, her dreams turning into nightmares as she watches the silvery pelt of her father taunt her about her choice. You should be the greatest warrior the clan has ever seen. You need to enact my revenge. How could a daughter of mine be a medicine cat? Going into her first lesson feels like she's made the wrong decision, though Wasppaw sees her sister's nerves getting to her and stays by her side in their free time, talking out their feelings together. Wasppaw helps Foxglovepaw understand that they are more than what their father wanted them to be, and that they get to choose their own destinies, not continue their father's mistake.
    --The loss of Cuckoowhistle stings the joyous celebration of the recognition that Songbirdecho and Midgestorm are expecting kits. The two families, and the friend group, feels overwhelmed and bittersweet. That night, each dreams of Cuckoowhistle, coming to them from The Fallen to assure them all that she is always going to be watching over them, and that the kits will be cherished and protected by her as best as she can. Each wakes that night overwhelmed with emotion, saying nothing to each other, but knowing they each had the same dream.
    --Koiscale and Shadowtuft escape from their kittypet Twoleg home, Shadowtuft especially having had enough of the strange haircuts and the constant traveling. They are both fairly easygoing cats, Shadowtuft joking about their haircut while Koiscale looks on in disbelief, explaining that they wanted to wait to escape until the haircut was complete to avoid Shadowtuft having embarrassment for the rest of their life, but here they are... Shadowtuft simply laughs, a twinkle of mischief and humor in their eyes. The cats around the pair find them easy to get along with and easy to make friends with, the two former kittypets adjusting quickly to life in the large clan.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

125 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:30 am

--Twigfrost, a barn cat who decided they were tired of almost getting stomped on by horses, joins the clan. They're a prankster, a cat who loves jokes, and they see the clan as an opportunity to be the social cat they've always wanted to be. It's clear to their new friends in ChaosClan that the other barn cats were not that chatty, at least not towards Twigfrost. They never seem to run out of things to say.
    --Finchkit keeps trying to sneak off into patrols with Quartzheart. The deputy has to keep his head on a swivel to keep Finchkit out of the territory and keep them in camp with Rabbitfoot. Normally calm and collected, Rabbitfoot has taken a disheveled look and shakes his head whenever he and Quartzheart get a quiet moment. One day, Finchkit will be an apprentice... Their mentor better be prepared, they would both sigh - amused and exasperated at the same time. The kit was quite the pawful.
    --Wasppaw, feeling suddenly alone without the presence of her sister in the apprentice den, snaps at Foxglovepaw after a long day of training. Taunting her, telling her that with a name like Foxglovepaw she would be better off gathering poisons for the clan rather than trying to heal them. In a huff, Foxglovepaw retreats to the medicine den, talking it out with her fellow healers - Winterglow particularly, who has taken the main role as Foxglovepaw's mentor. Wasppaw, however, trusts no one, turning her back towards her denmates and ignoring the look of concern on Meadowsong's face. She's always handled things alone, or with Foxglovepaw. She doesn't see why that has to change. In her dreams that night, visions of Darkfang swirl around her mind, and she awakes restless and feeling like she hadn't slept at all.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

126 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:53 am

-- Foxglovepaw and Wasppaw's fights affects Foxglovepaw more than she let on, Winterglow giving her a sympathetic look after she fails her second training session as a medicine cat. Retreating by herself this time, Foxglovepaw can't help but wonder if Wasppaw was right - maybe she isn't cut out to be a medicine cat. After all, how could a cat related to such an evil cat be able to heal anyone? With a heavy heart, Foxglovepaw goes to sleep early, telling herself that maybe she'll just quit if she fails again. Maybe she could go live as a barn cat, or maybe find where Darkfang's old group got off to...
    -- Wasppaw feels guilty, watching from afar, eavesdropping on the healers regarding Foxglovepaw's training while she is clearing out old bedding. She realizes that her pride might have gotten the better of her, and tries to go to talk with Foxglovepaw. Her sister, however, turns her away, too lost in her own thoughts of doubt and too stubborn to admit that she just wants her sister back. Feeling more lost than ever, Wasppaw doesn't really think of where her paws are taking her until she quite literally bumps into Turkeypaw, the newest apprentice of the clan. A whispered hello, and a bright look in Turkeypaw's eye, and Wasppaw finds herself settling down into telling Turkeypaw everything; after all, he isn't clanborn and wouldn't judge her for her father - her main reasonings for refusing to make friends with her other denmates.
    -- Laurelbreeze and Fleabite are both utter messes as the time for their mates' kittings draw nearer. Each are nervous, knowing that Leafbare is the hardest season on new queens.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

127 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:18 am

--Foxglovepaw and Wasppaw are still not talking to each other. Foxglovepaw feels alone as she only can talk to her medicine cat mentors, while she sees Wasppaw making friends with Turkeypaw. As she wanders alone, she overhears the mutterings of one apprentice that can't seem to find himself out of the medicine den - Parsnippaw, still unable to pass his first training session since he started so many moons ago, turns his back towards his brother. Foxglovepaw watches Squirrelpaw stalk away without bothering to understand how Parsnippaw must feel, well on his way to being a full fledged warrior in a few moons while Parsnippaw is stuck training with the younger apprentices, she immediately feels a need to talk to him. It takes a bit for the two to trust each other, so closed off to the world outside themselves, but eventually they spend long hours in the medicine den on their down time talking and venting, understanding they aren't invisible to others at all. It feels nice to have someone who understands...
    --Wrenkit, Partridgekit, and Karakakit are born healthy, and Songbirdecho, Fleabite, Midgestorm, and Laurelbreeze couldn't be happier. There are nice wholesome times to be had in the nursery between the two families, each excited that their kits will have another to grow up next to and be close to and be best friends with. Meanwhile, the older kits, particularly Hedgehogkit and Marblekit, find themselves deeply missing Finchpaw, barely able to contain their excitement to begin training with them next moon. Finchpaw visits the nursery often, telling their adoptive littermates all about their first moon as an apprentice and their interactions with Lunawish. Quartzheart watches on with pride, glad that his adoptive kit got a calm mentor that would hopefully help curb the young apprentice's adventurous streak.
    --
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

128 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:59 am

--With the newfound friendship he has with Foxglovepaw, Parnippaw finally feels better about his lack of skills and lack of mastering his training so far. The usual dark cloud hanging over his head finally felt clearer, and he goes into his next training session with Pipitglow feeling ready to take on hunting. He begs Foxglovepaw to practice the hunting crouches he's seen Squirrelpaw do, and though Foxglovepaw is no hunter herself, the pair get the hang of it.
    --A rivalry appears between newcomer Eveningpaw and Finchpaw. Turns out, both are vying for the attention of Twilightpaw. Quartzheart intercepts his kit, having a heart to heart talk with them and helping them understand their feelings. Though Finchpaw disregards Quartzheart's gentle advice of getting to know Eveningpaw and letting everyone be friendly together, at least for now, they can't help but feel that maybe their dad has a point... Still, for now, they consider Eveningpaw their biggest rival.
    --Hedgehogpaw and Marblepaw are ecstatic that they get to start their training alongside Finchpaw. Their enthusiasm is catchy, and the other apprentices are excited to meet their new denmates, even if the den is getting a little crowded.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me