( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you play an instrument ?

i used to !
24%
yes , and i love it !
25%
yes , but i don't really anymore .
11%
yes , and i hate it .
1%
no , but i really wish i did ! !
22%
no , not at all , never want to .
8%
i'm learning , not the best .
9%

Total votes : 85

Re: ( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby shibeboi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Heyo! This seems like a really cool idea!

Two things!

First: looking for critique on my idea for my dude Thomas?

Tomas is very polite. He says please and thank you( even when it's not necessary. He won't get mad at you, just disappointed. He has a fear of being late, and carries a pocket watch around his neck.

This pocket watch Thomas owns allows him to time travel. He doesn't know how it works quite yet, and he randomly travels back in time. He does know that anyone who where's a watch and is within 20 feet of him also time travels.

He has no clue what decides that he goes to the future/past.

What should I change to make this better?

I'm also looking for job suggestions for Meril! You can find all the info I have about her on by clicking the link!

Thanks for anyone who helps!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm

trixyr : ahh that kal is absolutely gorgeous ! ! <3 sorry for such a late reply , but a few names that i found were ; ceres , barrow , otto , royce , or solomon ?

shibeboi : wow ! ! okay , first of all , i love thomas and meril . their characters are , though they may be simple , very interesting !
for thomas , i love the watch idea . perhaps , depending on his emotions , it'll react , kind of like a moodstone ? + that's why he never gets that angry , and just disappointed ? maybe he lives in a v normal town and he's just trying to fit in , but along the way he finds out that he's not the only unique one trying to fit in , and that everyone is ? that , for some reason , comforts him into being more stress - free as an adult or such ? perhaps everyone in the town also has an item that they carry around as a secret with powers ? just ideas !
and for meril ! i thought that , though she's shy , that she could be like an orchard hand , and assist some farm that like . farms cacti and succulents of sorts , like a giant greenery orchard ? and meril is the one that has to organize the plants . + when one of her favorites leave she gets a bit sad and like . hugs the plant or smthn ( " i'll miss you carl , you were a great friend " )
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

thanks! I'll have to write that down!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:23 pm

i recently got a new kal but i have no idea what to name him, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

all i know is he's gonna be really bright and happy and probably a camp counselor or something to do with nature

also same issue with this baby here ;o; he's in a medieval era and he's super shy and cautious and likes taking things slow, whatever that may be

icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 pm

viixen : I ADORE THOSE BABS ! ! ! ! maybe for the first boy ; cayo , asher , felix , gil , and alair ! ( n yo hmu if he ever needs relations like dang )
for the second dude , maybe ; alistair , ackerly , aldwin ( i'm getting an ' a ' vibe from him ? ) bently , garret , landon , or radley ?
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:31 pm

@ coolwhip|| i may name him cayo or felix ;o; i'm not 100% sure but for the bottom one i really love the name aldwin! i think that'lll be his name<33 thanks for the suggestions
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 pm

I posted this to the fanclub and was told this place exists and I completely forgot about it being a thing! So I'm mostly looking for some help with my form for #1200. I'm a bit worried that the form isn't that great and I would love for someone to help point out things that could be tweaked to make it better?

Things I'm worried about:
    - The background on the website. Should I change it?
    - The character. Should I add more stuff in regards to him?
    - The design. Does the legendary edits seem okay?
    - Should I make a new topic on CS that has all the text/art in a "plain" format?
    - Should I change the form on the thread to look fancier/different?
    - I should note that the misspelling of "way" for "whey" within the first opening lines is on purpose~ it holds a different meaning as the story goes on.

(most of this copy/paste from the fanclub, rip.)
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:21 am

Hello! I came seeking help for Zafrina! I have absolutely nothing for her yet! I was wondering if someone could throw a few ideas out for me? Some more unusual personalities and jobs would be nice, but anything is good! I really want to start developing her as I have someone growing her for me! Thank you to whoever answers this!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:02 pm

@shibeboi
    Woah Zafrina is such a pretty kalon, and I love that name !! I suggest this site for character information. It's really helpful and is filled with so many incredible random generators, it's sure to give you some ideas. Here is a good site for some jobs too.

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me