A Different World - That of the Rat

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Why do you like this story?

I don´t
No votes
Because it´s about rats
80%
Because it´s well written
No votes
because it has an interesting plot
No votes
Other
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: A Different World - That of the Rat

Postby animalobsessed1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 am

Any comments or advice?
Read my newest story, Ricekagure: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2416413
Collection City: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1889365&p=58661597#p58661597
Read my true story about a stray dog: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=797402&p=20143783#p20143783
And here´s my fictional rat story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=889005&p=22810405#p22810405
I´m giving away free pets. Read my trade rules to find out the details.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:
♠ The world is round, it has no point. ♠
♠ Value the present moment, for it is all you will ever have. ♠
♠ Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. ♠

I learned an awesome new word! Defeatism - I am a defeatist. :D
animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TigressJaguiar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I like it so far.
I have quit CS. However, I WILL check in regularly to trade pets for designs and art. If you're interested please send a trade with what you want or a PM.
TigressJaguiar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 am

TigressJaguiar wrote:
I like it so far.

Thank you, I´ll try to write more soon.
Read my true story about a stray dog: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=797402&p=20143783#p20143783
And here´s my fictional rat story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=889005&p=22810405#p22810405
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:
♠ Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. ♠

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Chapter four is done! :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Betta132 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Moremoremore! This is COOL!!!
Betta132

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Betta132 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:06 pm

More please!!!
Betta132

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Betta132 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Bump!
Betta132

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoofbeats » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:54 am

I love this is!!
Finally there's a story with the word " Rat " in it.
Hoofbeats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:24 am

Yes I know, that´s why I started writing it! :lol:
I´ll probably have more up in two weeks at the latest. I can´t post any right now because I don´t have internet and my friend refuses to sit next to me while I type a whole chapter.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 am

Chapter 5

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

When the four rats passed the food storage, the stink of the Warriors was still there, although it was now so faint that they wouldn´t have noticed it if they hadn´t known what to look for. Many other rats had passed in the meantime, and their scents now covered that of the Warriors.
"Sniff." Tarana commanded the males.
They did.
"Smells just like it always does. Lots of rats and juicy food." Sio said.
At the word food, Feah's tummy growled, and they all turned to look at her.
"I- if you smell more carefully, you can smell the Warriors´ scent underneath all that!" Feah squeaked, trying to divert their attention away from her.
"Nope. It always smells like this." Felix said, shaking his head.
"No it doesn´t! And why won´t you just believe us!?" Feah felt like clawing out their eyes as punishment. This was serious buisness, so why wouldn´t they take it seriously.
"Because, like you said yourself, if you actually had been attacked by an army of Warriors, you wouldn´t be alive right now. Apart from that, I don´t think the other rats would have just ignored it if something like that happened here."
Sio's nose was so close, so irresistibly close... If she decided to bite it right now, he would never be able to react in time to save himself... Feah, braced herself.
"Fine then, we can show you the exact place where Zabex fought them. If there is still blood, you´d have to believe us, right?" Tarana suggested.
Sio and Felix sighed in unison.
"Don´t you think we´ve wasted enough time already." Sio was obviously getting annoyed. Or is he just scared that we´ll prove him wrong!
"Come on, just give them a chance," Felix said. "but only if it´s not going to take long. We need to get started on the hunting."
Happy to have won the argument, Tarana led the way, holding her head up high and taking big steps. Feah, on the other hand, followed behind the males, not being all too eager to go back and look for some rat´s blood.
They reached the spot where Nana had been cornered, but there was nothing there! Apparently, someone else had already come and cleaned it up.
"See!" Sio shouted triumphantly.
Tarana glared at him.
"Fine! Let´s go find Zabex and he can tell you that it´s true!"
"No! We said we´d only come if it didn´t take too long, and finding Zabex is going to take too long. So just leave us alone and let us hunt!" Sio whipped around and began hopping toward the entrance.

Feah crouched low. Above her, the leaves rustled as a bird landed in the branches. Feah forced herself not to look up. She couldn´t risk giving away her position, and she knew that Felix was on guard and would warn them if he saw an owl. Besides, it sounded like a much smaller bird.
Something brushed past her, making her jump. Next to her, Sio jumped up and ran after it, then stopped when he realized it was too late.
"What was that about, Feah?" He scolded. "Tarana chased it almost right into your mouth! All you had to do was open your mouth and you would have had it!"
"Sorry..." Feah mumbled, looking down at the ground and avoiding eye contact. Jeez, that was embarrassing! She thought.
"What are you doing!?" Tarana had finally reached them. "Why are you shouting so loudly? Are you trying to chase away all the prey!"
"You´re the one who´s the loudest around here!" Sio retorted.
"Guys, cut it out already! I think every prey animal and every predator around here knows where you are by now!" Came Felix´s voice from up ahead, where he was sitting in a bush, looking for predators. "Okay, lets go. We´re not going to catch anymore prey here. You´ve already chased away everything there is." He jumped down to join them, then led the way towards the village.
"What? Are we going home already?" Feah asked, confused. "We can´t come back empty handed!"
"I know, but we´ve wasted too much time already, so we´ll go where it´s easier."
They trotted along for a while, until they reached the edge of the forest. Once the rats were out in the open fields that seperated the forest from the humans, they picked up their pace, wanting to get this part of the journey over as fast as possible. They knew that, thanks to the Guards, the Colony´s territory had much fewer predators than those of other rats, but that didn´t mean that they were completely absent. They only stopped when they reached the tar road that had been built by the humans.
For some reason, the predatory birds stayed away from the human buildings and roads. Not that they had ever tried luring one there, but that was what they had been told by the older rats. So, feeling safer next to the road, the four rats lay down to rest after their long sprint. After a few minutes, they decided that it was time, and so they continued, traveling next to the road, until the first human house was in sight. Normally, they would have crossed the road at this point, but something stopped them: The smell of death. There was the distinct smell of a dead rat in the air, but it was not that of someone they knew. Following their noses, the four searched for the cause.
What they found was a young Warrior, lying on his his side in a pool of blood. Tarana nudged the dead rat tentatively, just to prove how brave she was.
Feah gasped as she recognized who it was. It was the same young Warrior that had been there at the food storage; the one that Zabex had... well- mauled.

Last edited by animalobsessed1 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me