Notebook Chronicles

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Notebook Chronicles

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Here I'll be posting some small stories not related to my canon
and different storylines that I'm exploring to develop my characters.
My canon will maybe feature here if I want feedback... (and there's some interest)

I'll probably do a small illustration for each story snippet (when I have time)

Here are the characters that features in my drabbles.
Alberic
Charlie
Jane
Kaleb
Sai
Dae-Hyung Kim
Jinx
Adder

Feel free to comment :)
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:32 am, edited 14 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOT ALL
. . . . . . .

I'm currently working on
a long comic project. I have this
bad habit of hoarding contests and art
trades until I'm overwhelmed... Still, the deadlines
keeps me on my toes.
WHO WANDER

. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Notebook Chronicles

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:13 pm

First meeting

The forest floor was damp from the morning dew. The trees towered over him like giants. The air was humid. Alberic climbed over a protruding branch and fell over another one.

Nestled in the embrace of the roots, a nest laid.

Alberic still stunned from the fall, blearily blinked at the camouflaged eggs.

Slowly as if not to frighten them, he picked himself up and enchantingly looked on as one of them broke and shifted until a creature emerged from within the egg.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Duality

Darkness surrounded them.

The tower they were in was damp, wet and unpleasant.

A sliver of light passed through the badly sealed barred window.

Through the darkness a child watched warily the boy. They were almost identical; curly mop of white hair rested on the child’s head whereas the boy’s hair was tipped with black. Their eyes were the oddest shade of golden, and the strangest marks slithered over their bodies, as if alive.

Golden eyes watched keenly their counterpart.

XXX

A little child was curled on himself. He was naked and so, so cold. All over his body slithered a tattoo-like a mark moving with a mind of its own.

He looked up to see an identical pair of golden eyes. They shone with anger.

Startled, he flinched and they weren’t there anymore.

Shivering and nervously sweating he rocked a bit shutting his eyes tightly.

“You can’t ignore me,” the boy’s voice jeered.

Pressing his hands on his pointed ears, he violently shook with the force of his fear.

“Pathetic,” it sneered.

Then, the presence disappeared.

XXX

The child glared at the boy; the boy smirked. They had uncommon eyes: black invaded the eye entirely, like a starless sky. The pupil was an unusual golden shade, a lone star shinning in the obscure abyss. They both wore the same clothing.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Ostracized

He had snow white hair with equally pale skin that was marked with a graceful design of vines that coiled and moved in time with his mood. The tattoo stretched all over his body. His gaze was the one thing that had most people backing up in fear. His pupils were an eerie golden hue in a sea of pitch black.

With time he learned how to hide and avoid the attention of others.

His most unusual feature could be covered through mud or ink. Like his hair. It would be easy to darken it. Tattoos were not uncommon for men. Children rarely had then but there were always exceptions. As for the moving, people seldom looked close enough to see it move and if they did they somehow convinced themselves that it didn’t. His eyes though there was nothing he could to do unless he considers putting a blindfold on. Which was unthinkable there was no way he was going to make himself more vulnerable than he already is as a child.

People were always chasing him. Be it for the rumors surrounding him or for his abnormal looks. So it wasn’t unusual for him when on a sunny afternoon a man with a pitchfork came running towards him loudly chanting prayers because apparently it kept demons at bay. He seemed quite satisfied when Alberic went running as the farmer paused his chanting to catch his breath. But the boy knew that it wasn’t his prayers that repulsed him; the intimidating pitchfork aimed menacingly at him did.

Alberic did look strange for a child of any kind really.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:28 pm

A Conversation Between a Mutt and a Chick

Kaleb took Charlie’s hand and ushered him out in the hallway out of sight of the teacher.

“C’mon Charlie, let’s find our errand cat,” he said tiredly combing his hair through his fingers.

The Chick didn’t pay any mind in what Kaleb said though. He looked up inquisitly at the Mutt and exclaimed excitedly: “The teacher! Did you see? He saw us!”

“Must be your imagination, kid, he was just staring off into space,” the Mutt said, looking furtively through the students passing, hopping to see the elusive Cat.

“I’m sure he saw us. He looked scared,” Charlie persisted.

“Look mate, things like that happen. Sometimes one of the living just look at you without seeing you. They’re just thinking about some’ing,” the Mutt said looking exasperated. He was now squinting at the moving bodies, hopefully trying to see through the gaps.

Charlie, seeing as the Mutt wouldn’t see reason about his great discovery. Huffily he dropped the older boy’s hand and stomped off into the torrent of moving bodies.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Thu May 12, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Changeling’s Meeting with Piper (WIP)

The Changeling was upset. He’d meant to lure the boy but it had been the girl who’d stepped into his fairy circle. Sometimes Changeling thought about becoming an adult just to be rid of these inconveniences (like being submitted to another’s authority). His powers were limited (he couldn’t just snare an adult just yet and he was too restless to wait out his time as a child).

Thus, he was imposed a family outing (a trek in the woods). He’d just discovered the joys of technologies and now he was back in the familiar (unwanted) wilderness. This family wasn’t what he thought it would be.

After all the broken homes he’d visited, he was used to doing as he pleased. He was curious about the different cultures of mankind. Exploration and manipulation was a must. These parents sheltered their children.

Fortunately children have always been gullible and the Changeling child resolved to lay a fairy trap as soon as possible. His male twin was trying to talk him (her) out of his (her) funk with little success.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Thu May 12, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Changeling’s Alternate Meeting with Piper (WIP)

The boy’s room was in the attic.

He liked being in high places and had all but begged his parents to relocate his bedroom upstairs. The whining and tantrums that he had pitched had helped but what had sealed the deal was when he had started to move his things by himself in the attic. There were still a lot of boxes in the boy’s attic room. He had only brought the essential in his migratory move: a blanket, a pillow, his favorite dinosaur and a bucket of LEGOs. By stacking boxes he’d managed to make himself a cozy fort.

To prove his point he’d refused to sleep anywhere else than in the attic. His mom had finally felt obligated to put his bed up in the room he’d chosen. She’d nagged at his father until he had dismantled and rebuilt his bed amongst the boxes in the attic. The boy supposed that it had taken that much time (at least a couple of weeks!) because the boy’s parents had assumed that he’d abandon at the first inconvenience, but the thing inside the boy had survived by being stubborn and cunning. So, he’d plotted and schemed until the boy’s parents had finally given up and capitulated to the thing’s wishes.

Through the window (slanted on the ceiling), the moon shone upon the boxes and stretched their shadows.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Thu May 12, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Where a Canine Mourns

The Canine was standing before a cross, one of the many in the graveyard. The boy was mourning, sobs shook his tiny frame.

As the years passed it became easier to deal with. Now instead of being sad he embraced the few joyful memories he remembered instead of punishing his childish ignorance.

He would play a tune on his flute that made him think of them to honour them.

Every year he came back, never the same, different, more mature to the cruel world he was introduced early.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Familiar Face

What a sweet sight it was for the Wolf to see the Changeling’s face with his hooked nose once more. The Wolf’s fathers looked wary at their son’s reaction.

Since his infection, the Wolf had indulged his feral side. It was a bit childish, but he could never quite get a handle of the impotent anger that his separation caused.

He was always a bit surprised when his fathers seemed to try to help the Wolf during his bouts of feral behavior. He supposed they thought that it was because of the infection that he was unhinged.

A mocking smile formed on his lips. Every time he saw someone that looked like the original Changeling, he was hit by a shock of feral anger.

“Nice to meet you, Birdbrain,” the Wolf bared his teeth in a mocking smile.

Most of the time these Changeling lookalike were insulted or confused by the moniker, but this one smiled at him. It was a terrible smile. A smile that spoke of secrets and mischief with a corner of the mouth more pulled than the other and gleaming teeth showing. It was a familiar smile.

“Nice scars, Mutt,” the boy replied.

The Wolf’s smile stretched into a grin for he didn’t have any visible scars on his exposed skin. The only ones he had were the Beast’s bite still healing on his right side.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Misplaced, The Adventures of a Distracted Cat

She looked at the strange people walking hurriedly from places to other places after a loud shrill sound came.

Some had even passed through her!

Turning her head from each sides trying to get a hold of all the details of this strange establishment, she had inevitably strayed from the boys.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me