-- `★ )( captain's ¹⁰⁰ ˢᶜᵉᶰᵉ ᶜʰᵃᶫᶫᵉᶰᵍᵉ | posting open

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

-- `★ )( captain's ¹⁰⁰ ˢᶜᵉᶰᵉ ᶜʰᵃᶫᶫᵉᶰᵍᵉ | posting open

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:55 am

I'd love to hear any comments you have!

Congratulations, you've stumbled upon my one- hundred scene challenge! This is, I think, going to be
    exclusively character pairs from my story Swindle. The main couple is Scarlet and Vin, but there will
    be others as well. This includes the characters I share with delcie, Beth and Will. The third pair is the
    former's son and the latter's daughter, Erren and Rosemary. I may or may not write some during the
    time Beth and Scarlet's brother, Warren, were together. I might even have some Beth and Scarlet
    going in a totally platonic way. So sit back, relax, and have some fluff, free of charge.

“Marry me?” // “Hey! I was gonna drink that!” // “You did all of this for me?” // "Don’t you dare throw that snowball-" // “I do.” // “Follow me.” // -SIGH- “I can’t reach it.” // “Oh crap, we fell asleep!” // “GIVE ME THAT.” // “Little by little, day by day, okay?” // “Get. Off. Right now.” // “... That’s it.” // “So, uh, we should… probably run now.” // “You’re insane! I love it.” // “Hey, I offered to help you.” // “Who’s laughing now?” // “Would you please just be quiet?” // “Whoa, buttercup, whoa.” // "I can’t believe you talked me into this." // “This isn’t over.” // “If you die, I’m gonna kill you.” // “Well, this is awkward.” // “It was you who was standing there.” // “That is the stupidest idea you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in.”// “Hey, I’m with you, okay? Always.” // “Uh, she’s gunna punch you, man.” // “BAHAHAHA- ahem.”// “I think I am concussed.” // “You have got to be kidding me.” // “This ain’t that kind of movie.” // “Is it… dead?” // “I’ll just sit here and wait for you to be finished.” // “You wound me.” // “Trust you? PAH.” // “I don’t know who you are.” // “It’s okay. I promise. I’m here.” // “Oh, this is going to be good.” // “Well, I finally got your attention.” // “Like a hole in the head.”// “I'm... okay.” // “Well, are you coming?” // “Where are your pants!?” // “Help me push it.” // “It’s almost midnight, no way!” // “Positively smashing.” // “Don’t let go, okay?” // “You can’t leave me like this.” // “Say that to my mother.” // “Sing me a lullaby, please?” // “This hurts worse than I thought it would.” // “Hah! - oh, wait, you’re serious?” // “As much as I’d enjoy that…” // -gasp- “The plague!” “No!” “YES.” // “I won’t let you do this.” // “I’ve still got it.” // “I can’t do it. I just can’t.” // "Don’t you ever do that again!" // “I thought I lost you.” // "Teach me?" // "It could be worse." // "We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?" // "I’ve seen the way you look at me when you think I don’t notice." // "What are you so afraid of?” // “How did you get that scar?” // “You said WHAT?” // “Can you stop bringing that up?” // “Wait for me!” // “We’ll be dead by morning.” // “STOP TALKING.” // “I don’t want to.” // “What did I ever do to you?!” // “What are you waiting for?” // “WAIT NO THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT-” // “I don’t need you.” // “You deserve better.” // “If you love something, let it go.” // “Why do I have to wear this?” // “Here goes nothing.” // “Where the heck were you?!” // “I don’t need help.” // “We’re gonna be parents…” // “I didn’t think you knew.” // “I thought those were poisonous.” // “Don’t make me go alone.” // “I’m sorry… I didn’t know.” // “I’d be lost without you.” // “Just leave me!” // “I dare you to…” // “Run!” // “How did you manage that?” // “Liar!” // “I don’t even want to be here.” // “Is this the life you wanted?” // “Get back here!” // “Let go of me!” // “I’ll just follow you.” // “YOU DON’T SAY.” // “And yet, you love me anyway.” // “I just thought I’d have a swim.” // “Don’t cry.”
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Mon May 18, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 31 times in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 am

Really, they shouldn’t have gone off on their own again. The excuses they needed to do so were becoming more effort than keeping their secret. Scarlet briefly wondered if there was even a point to it anymore. They’d been together and hiding it for nearly a year, and if her crew was stupid enough not to have noticed, they wouldn’t have been on her ship in the first place.

Now she stumbled across a beach, stepping over slain bodies as her sword dragged through the sand. She slumped and breathed heavily, but dared not stop. Blood was smeared on her face and into her hair, though it was no doubt the blood of another. The same could go for the red on her hands, though her own stained the shoulder of her sleeve.

She mumbled under her breath, dragging her feet away from the water and towards the treeline. That’s where she’d seen Vin disappear to. They’d left the ship on their own, only to find an ambush had been waiting. Ten or so men, she’d figured. She scoffed to herself. Hardly enough.

This wasn’t the first time they’d been attacked by rogues out for their heads. A steep price had been put on them, lifeless, or nearly so, as well as a pardon for any lawbreaker that turned them in. Not only her and Vin, but her entire crew. This had begun shortly after it had been leaked they had the map to El Dorado. Though the map had been burned, there were plenty of other charges put on her and her men.

Yet they still managed to get themselves into these situations. As she reached the treeline, she swung her sword to lazily cut a path she easily could have stomped out. “Swords at my throat,” she grumbled to herself, “guns to my head, daggers at my chest, ropes around my neck-” she continued to rant as she carried on, though after a moment breathlessness won over and she grew silent. Nothing will kill me faster than that man.

Still, worry pricked at her and she lifted her head to look around. “Vin?” She called, her tone still slightly harsh. Her expression began to fall when there was no answer. “I know yer there!” She shouted accusingly, but she was met with only silence. “Vin!” She called again. A slight desperation rang in her voice as she picked up her pace. She’d watched him die before. Constant fear of a day she’d have to live it again lingered in the back of her mind, and began to surface now.

“Scarlet?”

Relief washed over her as she heard her name being called by a familiar voice. Vin stepped into her line of vision quite a few yards away, which would explain why he hadn’t answered her earlier call. He seemed virtually unharmed as he broke out in a smile and began to make his way towards her.

Already walking fast, however, Scarlet broke into a near run and dropped her sword just before reaching him. She threw her arms around him as tightly as she could and buried her face in his neck. His arms wrapped around her in return, her hair tickling his nose and making him smile wider. She leaned back and moved her hands to grip his face firmly before kissing him, as if he’d get lost again if she let go. “That was yer worst idea yet,” she scolded playfully.

“Mmm,” he mused, kissing her cheek. “I would not say that quite yet, mi tesoro.”

“Why not?” She asked with mild suspicion, though did not take the comment too seriously.

Vin kissed her again, but this time he did so slower and less frantic than her’s had been. When he felt her tense muscles relax and stop jittering with adrenaline, he moved his lips closer to her ear. “Marry me,” he whispered.

Scarlet froze. After a moment, she stepped back, though her hands still lingered lightly on his shoulders. She stared at him wide-eyed, searching his face for some kind of humor, but found nothing but sincerity. Her lips moved, but all she managed to get out was a small, “What?” He was right. She’d spoken too soon.

Vin took a hand and reached up, brushing some of her wild hair from her face. “Marry me,” he repeated a little louder, but his voice remained a soft murmur.

“That’s what I thought you said.” Scarlet spoke quickly, trailing off into less than a breath as if her lungs could hold no more air. She turned her distant stare to the ground in thought, slowly lowering his hand from her face and turning away. She felt a wide range of emotion. The most prominent was fear. Fear of being betrayed, fear of being held back, fear of losing him, fear of change. What would he expect of her? To live at the villa? To stay there always, possibly even raising children? That was certainly not her idea of a life. Is that what she would be agreeing to if she said yes? And if she said no, what would be the cost?

Having fallen deep in thought, she jumped when she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She immediately stepped forward and drew a breath. “Absolutely not!” She shouted at nothing, though her voice trembled. “I could never- I-” she let out a nervous laugh. “I will belong to no one,” she stated clearly. “I-” She stopped dead upon whipping around to face Vin and meeting his eye.

No, he had not expected her to say yes. Not yet, anyway. He was prepared to make an argument. Prepared to be patient. And when she turned to look at him, the soft smile had not left his face. That is what made her stop. The way he looked at her was so different than the way anyone else had ever looked at her before. As if he’d never been more sure of anything in his life. Still, she felt hesitation. “I- I don’t know,” she stammered. She cleared her throat and struggled to regain composition from her dumbstruck state.

Vin stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, gently resting his chin on her head. Scarlet leaned against his chest, but left her arms dangling at her sides. “Nothing would have to change.” Her hair muffled his voice as he spoke. He unwrapped his hands and placed them on her shoulders, holding her back lightly.

She looked at him as he began to lean forward and smirked. In a flash, she bent and picked her sword up off the ground. She touched the point to the hollow of his throat and stepped back until she held it at her full arms length.

Vin paused in surprise and followed the blade to her grinning lips. He snickered in return and she kept his gaze a moment longer before turning and sheathing her sword. With the way her hips swayed picking through the undergrowth, it hit her leg with every step. “Ask again in a few months or so!” She shouted.

Vin watched the way her body moved as she made her way towards the water. He snapped sharply back into focus when she spoke to him. “Mio amore!” He rushed after her, stumbling over a couple shrubs on the way. “What can I do so that you will say yes?” He called.

A laugh escaped Scarlet. “Try it without a shirt next time,” she purred tauntingly.

Vin stumbled and touched a hand to the ground before pushing himself back up and raising an eyebrow. “Is that all?” He asked playfully as the shrubbery gave way to white sand, down the beach from the bloodbath that’d happened not long before. Emerging from the trees, it was apparent that the sun had begun to set. He slid off his long jacket and tossed it aside. His vest followed, and, finally, he pulled his shirt over his head, creating a trail behind him all while Scarlet’s back was turned. After two years on the ship, he’d gained a fair amount of muscle. He stopped and whistled to get her attention.

Scarlet stopped walking and looked back at him. He smirked and held his arms out slightly. She simply smiled, turning to continue walking. Vin took the few long strides it took to close the distance between them and wrapped his arms around hers from behind, effectively keeping her from flailing. She cried out in laughter as he kissed her neck. She then forced her way around and paused as she did so, looking down as her fingers played on his chest. “Marrying me would be a madman’s mistake,” she murmured.

“Aye, mi tesoro,” he said slowly, putting a finger under her chin and lifting her head. “By now, you should expect nothing less.”

She smiled softly, but there was still sorrow in her eyes. She looked away for a moment and frowned before speaking. “I have an answer for you,” she said quietly, barely audible. She looked up at him, steadily meeting his gaze. “Ask me again.”

“Scarlet Rose,” he said, his voice hushed as the orange light made her hair look like a glowing flame. She closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly, listening to the way her name rolled off his tongue. Vin gently brushed some loose curls behind her ear. “Will you marry me?”

Scarlet looked at him a moment longer before a smile broke out on her face. She tippy-toed and leaned forward. Her lips brushed his ear and is hair tremored with her breath. She lingered there a moment before voicing her answer. “No.”

She leaned away and the smile on her face broadened before she broke away and started walking back down the beach with a teasing, seductive sway in her hips.

Vin smiled and followed her, leaving half his clothes behind and not particularly caring. “I will keep asking!” He shouted.

A silky laugh escaped Scarlet’s red lips. “Someday,” she called back, “I might say yes.”
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

two

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:15 am

The night was clear and the men sat on a rough circle of crates on deck, surrounded by torches and lanterns. In the banter of exchanging stories, the majority had become more than a little tipsy. This included Scarlet and Vin, who sat across from each other in the circle.

Somehow, the subject of dresses came up and the men were arguing about the names and their favorite kinds to see women walk around in. “What, I wonder, would the Captain look like in a dress, hmm?” Vin spoke, causing most of the men to snap their mouths shut. Vin leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, gesturing to her with the bottle he held and smiling mischievously.

Scarlet paused and raised an eyebrow at him with a smirk, crossing her legs and leaning forward in turn. “Wouldn’t you like to know,” she purred.

“Indeed I would.”

“It will never happen.”

“Not even once?”

“Mm,” Scarlet mused, pursing her lips and looking up before returning her gaze to him. “Maybe if you make me.” She grinned and brought her own bottle to her lips.

“Is that a challenge?” He snickered.

Meanwhile, Sam and Warren exchanged glances that held a mixture of surprise and amusement. Sam glanced at the bottle Scarlet held, then back at Warren and gave him a nod. Warren smirked and nodded back. Suddenly, Sam grabbed Vin’s bottle from his hand and Warren Scarlet’s, both of them throwing the things overboard.

“Hey!” Scarlet shouted in protest, attempting to stand and retrieve it. “I wasn’t finished with that!”

Warren pulled her back down by the shoulder and held her there. “Trust me,” he told her, “you’ve had enough.”
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

three

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:18 am

Firelight flickered off the walls of the captain’s quarters, dancing shadows cast about. It illuminated Scarlet’s hair as she lit the candles littering the tables around the room. It was in a braid that nearly reached the small of her back, thick with waves and curls escaping it. The windows along the far wall were black with night.

She froze when she heard a soft knock on the double doors. Blowing out the match she held, she slipped on her captain’s jacket and rushed to the door. She cracked it open to see Vin’s familiar face. A wide smile reached her face though she gripped the front of her jacket nervously as she let him in and closed the door in his wake.

Smiling, Vin raised an eyebrow and turned to face her. “What is all this?” He asked softly.

Clearing her throat, Scarlet shrugged the jacket off her shoulders but held on to it still. In doing so, she revealed a long, white negligee that she wore over a silky black night dress. “It sets the mood, don’t you think?” She said smoothly, walking up to him and brushing his arm with her hand. He turned to face her and looked as though he was about to speak, but stopped when he saw her. She looked up at him and smiled, her eyes moving around the room before resting back on him. “Do you like it…?” She asked carefully, wringing her hands nervously. Vin looked around, but failed to reply. Scarlet frowned. “It’s too much,” she admitted, taking a step back and shrugging her jacket back on, turning from him.

“No no no,” he said quickly, stepping towards her and turning her around. He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her. “Of course not,” he hushed, stroking her hair and pressing his lips to her head. He then held her back by the shoulders and she looked up at him with wide eyes. Vin let out a small smile and brushed a curl behind her ear. “I just… Did not expect this from you.”

Scarlet looked away and bit her lower lip, clutching the jacket around her shoulders. After a moment of silence, she looked back up expectantly only to find him still gazing upon her with a soft smile. “What is it?” She asked quietly, slightly self-conscious.

His smile widened and he shook his head slowly before looking at her again, reaching up to gently caress her face. “You are so beautiful,” he breathed.

Her eyes widened in surprise and she let out a small laugh of disbelief. “What? No-” she disagreed, shaking her head and turning away before he could see the tears threatening to sting her eyes. “It must be darker in here than I thought,” she muttered, staring at a candle flame before her.

Vin frowned with concern and approached her slowly, sliding his arms around her from behind. “You are beautiful,” he repeated in a low voice, resting his head upon hers and feeling her hands lightly grip his, clasped before her. “The darkness cannot hide that.” She gripped his hands tighter as they began to sway slowly back and forth. “You are like the moon and stars- like the flame of the candles. It only makes you brighter.” He stopped and moved his head to look down at her, lowering his voice further. “It is one of the many reasons I love you.” He kissed her cheek and noticed it was wet with tears. “Scarlet?” He whispered worriedly, gently turning her around. Before he could see her face, she fell against his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso. Reaching up, he tilted her head back and leaned down, pressing his head against hers and looking into her eyes. “I do love you,” he assured her quietly.

Scarlet nodded and drew a sharp breath, moving her arms up to wrap around his neck. “I know,” she rasped with a sniff. She leaned into him and looked down as a smile forced its way to her lips, gently brushing the back of his neck with her fingertips. “I love you too,” she whispered. With a small laugh, she looked up and kissed him lightly. “I love you.” She continued chuckling through her tears and smiled wide. It was an odd thing for her to say out loud, but there was a relief in knowing she meant it and a comfort in knowing he did as well.

Vin smiled and brushed her tears away, kissing her forehead. “I have an idea,” he said suddenly.

“Hmm?” Scarlet hummed, looking up at him. “What’s that?”

“I will show you,” he said, taking a step back and intertwining his fingers with hers, leading her to the other side of the room. He walked around the table to where the floor to ceiling windows looked upon the black sea and sliver of a moon. He sat her upon the bench before the piano where she sat and waited curiously.

He walked into her small room and brought out an armful of her blankets- all of her blankets. “What are you doing?” Scarlet laughed as he dropped them in front of the windows. She watched him go back and make two more trips for her pillows- decorative and not. He did not answer as he walked back to another wall and opened a couple bureau doors until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out the bottle of wine and blew off the dust before holding it up and grinning at her. “And what makes you think I’ll be opening that for you?” She teased.

Vin shrugged and walked over, shuffling the pillows into a neat row before sitting heavily on one of the blankets and looking over at her. “You will not be the one opening it, and you do not have a choice anyway,” he told her playfully as he began to peel off the wax.

She raised an eyebrow and raised a corner of her lips before standing, slipping out of her jacket in the process and leaving it draped on the bench. She sauntered over and sat sideways beside him, snatching the bottle by the neck and holding it up in the candle light. “Expensive taste?” She asked mischievously, glancing sideways at him.

“I know where you hide the best things,” he reminded her, grabbing it back and opening it. He leaned back so his shoulders and head rested propped up on the wall of pillows he created.

Scarlet moved closer and leaned against his chest. He felt his arm wrap firmly around her shoulders and he handed her the wine. She took a small sip, followed by a bigger one after a moment of hesitation before handing it back. Her eyes traveled out the window and up at the stars glowing in the sky. A smile and a blush reached her face. “”Just like the stars?” She murmured.

“No,” Vin said with a shake of his head, lowering the bottle from his lips. “Brighter than the stars, and the moon-” He paused to kiss her head. “And the firelight.”
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

four

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:27 am

“Rose!”

The shout was loud enough, but she’d barely heard it in her half-conscious state. Groaning, Rosemary wrapped her arms around her pillow and buried her face in it. The comfort was short lived, however, when she felt someone jump on her bed and hover over her on their hands and knees.

“Rose, come on! Wake up!”

She opened one drowsy, green eye to glare with mild confusion at the boy grinning ear to ear. “Erren?” She muttered, rubbing her eyes and stretching her arms over her head with a glance at the window. “What do you want? It’s still dark outside.”

“No it’s not,” he said mischievously.

“What do you mean? Of course it is,” she grumbled irritably, closing her eyes again and swatting at his arm.

“No it’s not,” he repeated. “There’s just something in front of your window.”

“What?” She hissed half-heartedly.

“Yeah, so come on!” Erren sat up and reached behind him, grabbing her coat and scarf he’d brought in and tossing them onto her face.

Rose let out a muffled squeak and scrambled to shove them away from her face before pushing herself up. “What are these for?”

“It’s a bit chilly outside,” he told her, sliding back onto the floor. “Don’t you remember what day it is?”

Rose paused as a yawn escaped her. “January… Something,” she offered.

Erren scoffed playfully. “It’s my birthday, blockhead!”

That woke her up. Rosemary’s eyes shot open as dread settled in her chest and a blush reached her cheeks, offering a crooked smile. “Oh, I knew that,” she laughed nervously.

“No you didn’t,” he countered, though he still smiled. “It’s fine, just meet me by the back door!” With that, he rushed back out and she realized he was himself wearing a jacket and scarf as well as gloves.

Hasty now with her movements, Rosemary quickly pulled on her jacket and threw the scarf around her neck before hitting the floor and slipping on her boots as she ran out the door.

She was immediately hit by a wave of confusion as she stepped into the house, which was just as dark as her room. All of the windows were blocked in the same way. by what, she couldn’t tell. Slowing as she approached the ridiculously excited Erren standing by the back door, and looked around.

“Ok, close your eyes,” Erren instructed.

“What?” She burst, then laughed a little. “Its your birthday, not mine!”

“Yeah, so you have to do what I say,” he pointed out smugly. “Go on, then.” Rosemary heaved a sigh and squeezed her eyes shut as he ran around behind her to guide her forward by the shoulders. “No peeking!” He insisted, kicking the door open. They were immediately met by a winter chill, making Rosemary glad he’d made her put on a coat. She heard him close the door as they shuffled outside, when stopped. “Alright, open them!”

Erren let go of her shoulders and ran around to stand in front of her as she opened her eyes. They grew wider as a squeak escaped her and her hands flew to her mouth. Looking around, she saw that everything was a glistening white, covered with a thick layer of snow, which Erren had packed into the windows- most likely so she wouldn’t see what was waiting beyond.

She stood, dumbstruck for a moment, before hastily turning to head back for the door.

“Nope!” Erren snapped, lurching forward to hook his arms around her waist, dragging her back.

“No, Erren, let me go back inside!” She insisted, pushing on his arms and kicking through the air to no avail.

“I don’t think so,” he grunted, setting her down in a drift that reached halfway up her calves. Rosemary froze, completely rigid as she stood in the cold substance, his hand lingering on her shoulder. “See, it’s not so bad,” he said cheerily.

Then, the second he let go, Rose practically jumped on him, wrapping her arms tightly around his torso.

“Rose,” he laughed, “ there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

“You know I don’t like water!” She cried, tightening her grip.

“It’s snow!” Erren argued.

“Frozen water!” Rosemary countered, squeezing her eyes shut.

“Rose,” he said insistently, prying her arms off of him, not without effort. “Look at me,” he laughed, holding her arms gently through her eyes remained closed. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes and did her best to focus on just him. The pale blue of his eyes matched the morning sky behind him almost perfectly, his curls hanging damp from spending the early hours outside. Both sights she found beyond comforting, but only for so long. “You can’t drown in snow,” he pointed out.

Slowly and without looking away, he let go of her arms and she pressed her lips together, doing her best not to reach out for him again. Smile widening, Erren straightened up. “See?” He praised. He then pranced off into the deeper snow and proceeded to collapse, disappearing from sight.

“Erren?” Rosemary shouted worriedly, picking her way through the snow while holding her hands close together. She then stopped, taken aback, when something hit her chest and exploded in a white puff. The happening was immediately followed by Erren’s laughter, and she looked up to see him standing with a smirk, another snowball in his hand. That’s when what just happened, and was likely to happen again, dawned on Rose. “Oh no,” she said quickly, holding up a finger. “Don’t you throw that snowball!” He only pulled back his arm and her words became quicker. “I mean it! Erren Elmwood, don’t you da-”

She was cut off by another one hitting her shoulder, some hitting her face and causing her to flinch. Erren only continued to laugh. “Alright, alright,” he said, “I’m sorry. You try,” he told her, holding out his arms.

“What?” She asked in disbelief.

“Come on, throw one,” he taunted. “Take your best shot.”

Rosemary paused, raising an eyebrow in consideration. “Alright. Close your eyes.”

“What, why?” He laughed.

“So you can’t flinch away,” she pointed out with a smirk.

“Fine,” he gave in, closing his eyes.

Rosemary’s grin widened, but rather than bending over to get her own snowball, she bounded forward, gradually picking up speed until she was running full speed and tackled him to the ground.

Erren hit the ground with wide eyes and a grunt, Rosemary only giggling breathlessly as she sat on her knees over him with her hands on his shoulders, her loose hair tickling his face.

“What was that?” Erren laughed, batting her hair away.

“My best shot,” she answered, tucking the dark strands behind her ear. She then felt his arms slide loosely around her waist, finding herself leaning closer until their noses brushed.

“Rose?” Erren murmured in a low voice, a cloud of his breath caressing her cheek.

“Yes?” She hummed back.

“I’m sure you’re fine,” he whispered, “but it’s really cold down here.”

“Oh,” she laughed nervously, her face becoming red from far more than the cold as she shot to her feet.

Erren jumped up and brushed the snow off himself, suppressing a shiver. “We can go back inside if you’d like now,” he offered. “I can start a fire.”

“Sure,” Rosemary agreed with a small nod, her arms crossed tightly over her chest, avoiding his gaze.

“Alright,” he said with a smile, sauntering over to the windows and pulling his sleeve over his hand to start brushing the snow off the windows. Rosemary shuffled through the snow towards the door. She paused when she pushed it open, stopped by Erren’s voice. “Wait,” he called, taking a step forward and leaning towards her to take her hand and pull her closer. She stumbled against his chest and he snaked his arm around her waist, planting a kiss on her wind-chilled cheek.

Rosemary widened her eyes in surprise, lips quivering trying to hold back a smile. However, when she leaned back to look at him, he was already walking back towards the window. “I’ll just be a minute,” he called with a wave of his arm.

Smile widening now that his back was turned, Rosemary touched her fingertips to her cheek and headed back towards the door, stopping a time or two to glance at him again before disappearing inside.
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

five

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 am

There was a room in the villa in which Isabetta kept a wide array of fabrics and other sewing necessities. Her late husband had never understood why she refused the expertise of his long time tailor, but she never dared say that sewing was the only time she ever got to herself. However, a quiet getaway was far from the chaos of the last few days. It hadn’t taken much of Scarlet’s continuous hovering and criticizing for Isabetta to kick her out. She’d been working in peace with her daughter, taking advantage of the time until they’d have to bring Scarlet back in for final sizing. Then, as the door flung open and was followed by the quick step of heavy heels on the marble floor, the two of them tensed.

Scarlet marched in and flung her worn captain’s hat onto the table, then looked to Fia. “Whatever you’re doing, I want this to be part of it,” she told her sternly.

“What does she want?” Isabetta asked bitterly without looking up.

Fia approached the two and looked to her mother, gesturing to the hat. “She wants the hat to be included,” she told her softly.

Isabetta looked at the thing and wrinkled her nose. “Absolutely not. I have waited for this longer than she has, and by God she will be a feminine bride!”

“What did she say?” Scarlet demanded.

Fia looked at her and paused before stammering, “She will think about it.” She then glanced once more at her mother, who seemed unphased, before turning and putting a gentle hand on Scarlet’s shoulder, leading her back out of the room. “Do not worry, you will like it, I promise.” Fuming, Scarlet exited the room and Fia gently closed the door behind her. Isabetta looked up and met her daughter’s mildly scorning eye before letting out a small sigh and snatching the hat from the table.

--

Simple as the dress was, the silky fabric indeed held a stunning beauty. As the blood red garment draped over Scarlet’s body, it conformed perfectly to every distinct curve and fell straight to the floor from there. Though for some, it didn’t seem to be enough.

“I don’t understand why you won’t wear a corset,” Beth growled as she dragged a brush through Scarlet’s fiery curls, her white-knuckle grip far from gentle and her fingers stiff from spending the last two hours taking out the beads and braids that hadn’t been touched in who knows how many years.

Scarlet’s pale eyes were trained on the many beads before her, laying in scattered piles upon the vanity. She clenched her teeth against the pain and shouted back, “What would I want to wear a corset for?” Scarlet argued. “All they do is make everything that much harder to take off- Ahh!” She added with a mutter until she was cut off by Beth tearing through her hair, gripping the sides of her chair tightly. “What are ye tryin’ to do, scalp me?!” She barked.

“Maybe if you brushed your hair sometime in the last ten years, we wouldn’t be having this problem,” Beth pointed out bitterly.

Scarlet pulled her head forward and looked in the vanity mirror, narrowing her eyes at Beth’s reflection. “There’s enough hair in the brush for an entire hoard of poppets!” She exclaimed.

“Well, then, its a good thing you have plenty to spare!” Beth pointed out.

“Don’t get any ideas,” Scarlet muttered quietly.

“Don’t tempt me,” Beth countered in an equally low tone.

“Perhaps we could keep the shouting to a smaller volume?” Fia murmured impatiently as soon as there was a break in their conversation from her seat on a small couch on the other side of the room. She held a very small and very tired Rosemary in her arms. The boys had been sitting on the floor before her, Erren playing quietly with a small wooden horse while Marcello’s repeatedly divebombed it, though Erren hardly seemed to mind, his own horse often galloping along his cousin’s arms. However, they had looked over, wide-eyed and slightly startled when the yelling began, silently glancing between their toys and the women at the vanity.

“I wouldn’t have to shout if she’d cooperate,” Beth muttered.

“Well I wouldn’t have to shout if ye weren’t pullin’ out every damn hair I had!” Scarlet growled.

She was then met with a sharp yank from Beth’s brush, jerking her head back with a small yelp. “Don’t curse in front of the children,” Beth snapped, though a smirk of accomplishment reached her lips as Scarlet was reduced to muttering said curses under her breath.

It remained silent, for the most part, as Beth pinned up Scarlet’s curls, save a spiraling tendril which she allowed to drape over her shoulder. When the large doors to the room creaked open, the chattering came to a halt and everyone’s attention was captured by Isabetta rushing in with an armful of things. She closed the door behind her and rushed to the vanity, placing a bouquet of white roses and round, pale green leaves in the empty vase. “Sorry for the hold up- I came as soon as Vinazio brought the flowers,” she grumbled.

“It’s quite alright- just finishing up now, anyway,” Beth told her cheerily.

Scarlet looked over at the flowered in bewilderment, her tired eyes widening slightly after staring straight ahead for what felt like forever. “What are those?” She asked dumbly.

“Flowers, dimwit,” Beth said casually. “From your fiancee? You can’t go out there without a bouquet,” she added matter of factly.

“... Oh,” Scarlet murmured, a blush reaching her cheeks and her lips quivering in an attempt to hold back a small smile.

Beth glanced over as Isabetta handed her another small and less fancy bundle of flowers- white daisies and one rose, all tinged with pink. She took them gladly and began to place them carefully in Scarlet’s hair. Once they were all placed, Beth took the pluming red feather from Isabetta and tucked that into the mass of pinned-up curls as well.

Scarlet’s eyes widened as she looked in the mirror. “Is that from my hat?” She asked carefully, her voice teetering on surprise and anger.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be able to put it back,” Beth assured her flatly. Scarlet visibly relaxed and Beth took a step back, smiling in admiration at her work.

Scarlet tore her eyes away from her reflection and looked over to Isabetta, who held on last thing draped over her arm. “What’s that?” Scarlet asked, hesitantly curious.

Beth opened her mouth to speak, but Isabetta held up a hand to silence her. “My grandmother’s,” she said in a slow and very thick accent, holding up the delicate lace. She’d spent enough time around people speaking English that she’d managed to pick some up, though speaking it was not entirely her favorite thing. “Something old from you,” she said, nodding to the feather then looking back down at what she held. “Something old from me.”

Her words brought a smile to Scarlet’s lips as she stood from her chair and the older woman slipped the garment over her shoulders, the back of it laced up with pale pink ribbon. “Thank you,” Scarlet breathed, entirely unsure of what else to say.

“Oh! That reminds me!” Beth said suddenly, causing the other two women to look up curiously as she reached behind her neck and undid the pearl necklace Scarlet had never seen her without. “Here,” she said, handing it over to Scarlet, who took it tentatively. “You have to give it back though,” she pointed out. “It’s only good luck borrowed.”

“Alright,” Scarlet agreed, fastening it around her neck. “I wouldn’t want to keep this anyway,” she teased.

Beth laughed and shoved her by the shoulder playfully. “Oh, shut up. Now come on,” she added, gesturing to the door. “Time to get yer arse married!”

Scarlet paused and looked to the doors, her chest tightening with sudden dread. “Right…” She breathed. “Where’s my coat?” She asked suddenly, turning to look for it.

“Oh no-” Beth said, rushing over and turning her around by the shoulders. “You’re about to get married, act like it!” She demanded. “It won’t kill you to be a woman for a day!”

“How would you know?” Scarlet grumbled in protest.

Beth let out a loud, exaggerated sigh and marched over to the vanity, plucking the flowers from the vase before returning and shoving them against Scarlet’s chest until she grabbed them. “Now get out there!” She barked, taking Rosemary from Fia as she approached, the dark haired woman in turn lifting Erren onto her hip and taking the hand of her own son.

“Do not be worried,” Fia assured her future sister in law as they headed for the doors side by side, an encouraging smile on her lips. “You look beautiful, and really, it does not take as long as you might think.”

--

Fia had been wrong. Very, very wrong. The ceremony took infinitely longer than Scarlet thought it would- or, at least, to her it felt like an eternity. Not that she didn’t want to be there, but showing affection had never been her strong suit, especially not in front of a crowd, no matter how small. She took only mild comfort in the confidence Vin held himself with during the whole ordeal, knowing all too well that he could stay perfectly composed under the pressure of any situation, certain his heart raced just as hers did.

Scarlet wasn’t the only one that suffered the inconvenience of appearance change, though Vin did undergo significantly less of a transformation. Nonetheless, it was mildly shocking to find that his hair was less than half the length it had been before. Admittedly, his previously unkempt hair had reached ridiculous length, even by his standards, the end of it having reached the middle of his back. Still, he refused to have the layered cut any shorter than the base of his neck. Needless to say, he held the most surprise of the two of them upon seeing her.

Mind rushing this way and that, Scarlet walked far faster than she intended down the aisle, stumbling once, though quickly righting herself. Beth had cringed, but only because it had been entrusted to her to teach Scarlet how to walk properly in a dress; a duty she’d forgotten entirely. She felt liberated, however, when Scarlet shoved her bouquet at Vin and told him to hold it as she plucked his ring from her hair, her dress having lacked pockets.

This time, Fia shrank back and groaned slightly. “I was supposed to take the flowers,” she whispered.

“You were also supposed to have the ring,” Beth pointed out with a smug grin, far more amused than she should have been.

However, Beth’s pride shined brightest when Scarlet recited her vows in Italian, much to the surprise of Vin, who had spoken his first in English. Though Scarlet’s were far shorter and she stumbled and stammered around the words, she still managed to make sense of them, just as Beth had taught her.

Other than these minor flaws and the fact that they both burst into giggles upon hearing the mention of death parting them, the whole thing went far smoother than the majority anticipated.

As the end of the ceremony was sealed with a kiss, Vin continued to hold Scarlet close and murmured in her ear, “Did Beth write your vows?”

“Only some,” Scarlet admitted reluctantly, her arms as tight around his neck as his were around her waist. “Though I did make her rewrite them four times,” she pointed out. Nervousness fluttered in her chest, expecting him to be disappointed, but instead she heard a breathy laugh escape him. Pulling back to meet his eyes, she found amusement there. A wide smile reached her as she pressed her head against his, and in that moment, the fear that had plagued her for months melted away in an instant.
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

six

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 am

“Lost?” Will repeated quietly as he trailed through a forest behind Beth.

“Yes, lost,” Beth snapped, exasperated. “What part of that do you not understand?”

Will furrowed his brows and picked up his pace, coming up behind her accusingly. “What I don’t understand is how we’re lost when you’re supposed to know where you’re going!” He shouted.

Beth spun around and held up a finger, forcing him backwards and her expression causing him to immediately regret his actions. “Listen, pretty boy,” she spat, “I’ve been nice so far. Don’t think I won’t knock you out and leave you behind!”

Will simply stared at her wide-eyed for a moment before heaving a sigh and turning away. He slumped against a tree and slid to the ground. Leaning against it, he pulled a flask from his belt and unscrewed it.

Beth watched him and raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing?”

“I need a drink,” he announced casually, taking a swig of the stuff. He then looked over and held it out to her. When she hesitated, he looked up at her and wiggled it encouragingly.

Beth groaned to herself and stalked forward. She snatched it from his hand and fell to the ground beside him. It simply was not in her nature to reject free liquor.

They passed it back and forth for a while in silence. Eventually, Beth tipped her head back against the tree and stared at the branches. Her expression changed when she thought of something. “I have an idea,” she announced.

Will turned his head to her and smirked. “What would that be?” He asked.

Beth ignored him and continued to stare at the branches until her sights came to rest above his head. She pushed herself to her feet. “Give me a boost,” she demanded, lifting her skirt as she stepped on his shoulders.

Will cringed against the pressure and simply tried not to buckle under her weight. He moved his head to the side when her dress attempted to smother him. “What are you doing?” He demanded, his voice muffled by the fabric.

“Just help me up,” she hissed, looking down and trying to keep her balance.

Will grumbled to himself and used one hand to move her skirt out of his face. He used the other to hold her steady and found that it made contact with her leg rather than fabric. He glanced over and smirked, moving his hand upwards.

Beth looked down and scoffed, kicking his hand away. “Do you want to keep your head?” She barked. She then moved her hips so the rapier that hung from her belt swung in front of his face.

Will winced and retracted his hand. Seeing the blade before him, his eyes widened and he jerked his head back, striking it against the tree. Beth smirked in satisfaction as he groaned in pain and looked back to a branch directly above her.

She bounced a little and grabbed onto it, scrambling up the trunk and pulling herself up. She twisted around and sat heavily, swinging her legs with a smile of satisfaction.

As soon as he was relieved of the pressure on his shoulders, Will pushed himself up and staggered backwards. He craned his neck back and squinted into the sun, looking at Beth up in the tree. “I feel compelled to repeat my question,” he called. “What the hell are you doing?”

Beth grabbed on to a higher branch, pulling herself to her feet and teetering on the one she stood on. “Well, we’re lost-”

“I think that’s been established,” he pointed out, cutting her off.

She paused to glare at him over her shoulder before climbing onto the next branch. “If I can get high enough-” she grunted as she leaned on her chest and continued higher. “I’ll be able to see where we’re trying to go. In theory, anyway…” she added under her breath.

She made it about three branches high before stopping in hesitation. The next branch strong enough to hold her was just a bit further than the others. She looked down and steadied her feet, noticing Will’s skeptical expression below. She looked back to the next branch with determination and held on to a small twig with one hand, reaching out with the other.

She shifted and leaned forward more. She was so close to reaching the branch. She had only brushed her fingertips when the twig she held broke from the tree and she found herself falling forward.

Beth’s eyes widened and she let out a cry as she fell to the ground. However, what she hit was not the ground. A muffled yelp sounded as Will crumpled beneath her.

Groaning, she pushed herself up onto her elbows. Her eyes had been squeezed tight and when she opened them they were met by Will’s wide-eyed gaze.

The two of them were frozen to the spot, nose to nose. Suddenly, Will cleared his throat and scooted out from under her, pulling himself to his feet. He brushed the grass and dirt off himself before offering her a hand.

Beth quickly looked away to hide the blush in her cheeks and took his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet. However, still being slightly tipsy, she stumbled into him with the momentum.

Will took a step back but caught her in his arms. She looked up at him only to find them daringly close once more. What was this cruel trick of fate? Both wanted to back away. Neither was able. The embrace was strangely familiar and unsettlingly comforting, as well as impossible to resist.

Beth shifted so she was standing on her own, though her hand remained pressed against his chest. Will’s arms went slack, but fell only to her waist.

Then, as quickly as the last few seconds had come to this, their lips suddenly met. Will’s grip on Beth's waist tightened and her hands began to loosely slide downwards. They continued until she reached his belt. It was in that moment that she reached around and snatched the flask from it, pulling back and briskly walking away.

Will stood, dumbfounded at the sudden emptiness of the air before him and whipped his head towards the green-eyed woman leaving him behind. “Wait, where are you going?!” He shouted after her.

Beth had brought the flask to her smirked lips and lowered it at his call. “I’ve suddenly remembered the way!” She chided over her shoulder. “Follow me!”

Will heaved a sigh and reached for his belt. He paused and frowned then looked down to see his flask missing. “Hey!” He barked after her, stumbling forward as he began to run towards the sound of her amused laugh in the distance.
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

seven

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 am

Rosemary was in a clearing in the forest near the house. She stood barefoot and tippy-toeing in the grass, trying to reach up to the branches of a tree. With a grunt of frustration, she stomped her foot and examined the trunk. After a moment, she lifted her dress and picked her way forwards, gripping the bark in an attempt to climb it. A few feet off the ground, she tried reaching up again, until a voice sounded behind her.

“You’re not supposed to be out here.”

Startled and attempting to look over her shoulder, Rosemary fell from the tree with a yelp, hitting the ground on her back and stirring up a flurry of pollen that danced in the late day sun beams streaming through the trees.

“Rose?” Erren asked hastily, pulling his quiver over his head and tossing to the ground with his bow before rushing up to her side. “Are you alright?” He asked worriedly, reaching out a hand which she took, coughing as he hauled her to her feet.

“I’m fine,” she insisted, brushing the dirt off her dress.

“You know you’re not supposed to be this far from the house,” He told her sternly while simultaneously looking her over.

“I can do what I want,” she soffed, gently shooing him away. “My mother can’t keep me there forever.”

Erren sighed and looked up at the tree then back down at her. “What were you doing, anyway?”

Rosemary stopped fussing over herself and looked at him with a smirk before looking up into the branches and pointing lazily. “See that?” She asked. “That’s the last blossom on the tree.” She paused dreamily to look at it. “There won’t be anymore until next spring.” A heavy sigh escaped her. “But I can’t reach it,” she explained solemnly.

Listening intently to her dilemma, Erren examined the tree in thought. “Hmm,” he mused out loud.

Rosemary looked over at him curiously. “What?”

He held up a finger then looked around. Eyes finding what he was looking for, he smiled and walked over to a large stone before kneeling down and rolling it over to the tree with a grunt of effort. Looking up, he aligned it with the blossom and then rose to his feet and stood on it.

“Erren, what are you doing?” Rosemary laughed.

Ignoring her, he reached up with both hands and jumped, grabbing onto a low branch and hauling himself up. Propped up with one arm while teetering on his torso, he quickly reached out and snatched the blossom before he lost his balance. After he had it, he dropped to to the ground with a thud and smiled with satisfaction, slowly wandering over to Rosemary.

He looked up with a sheepish smile when he stopped before her, the girl’s freckled cheeks already blushing furiously. Reaching up, he brushed her hair back and placed the pink flower behind her ear. “There,” he declared softly. Their eyes met for a brief moment before he summoned the courage and quickly kissed her cheek before turning away, scraping his hunting gear off the ground and wandering back into the woods.

Green eyes wide, Rosemary stared after him. Suddenly, a wide grin spread across her face and she broke out into giggles, her attempts at holding them back completely futile. She stopped trying after a moment and fell back into the grass, taking the decoration from her sprawled out hair and twirling it between her fingers, admiring the pristine petals of the last blossom.

She shot up suddenly when she heard rustling in the bushes. Frozen to the spot, her heart rose to her throat and pounded in her ears, eyes wide. When she heard it again, she gathered her dress and shot to her feet, slowly backing away from the sound and gripping tightly to the flower in her hand. “Erren!” She called in an unsteady voice. She stumbled as she backed up before turning and rushing from the clearing in the general direction she remembered him going. “Erren!” She shouted a little louder, looking over her shoulder as she rushed through the undergrowth.

Suddenly, she collided with something solid and staggered back, feeling hands steady her by the shoulders. She looked up to see Erren looking down at her, brows furrowed with concern. “What’s wrong?” He asked sharply, scanning the area behind her.

“I heard something in the bushes,” she gasped breathlessly, squealing and spinning around when she heard the sound once more.

Erren swiftly stepped in front of her and pushed her back with his arm, drawing an arrow. He felt Rosemary grip his shoulders, jumping when something escaped the brush. Erren drew back the arrow and then paused before a laugh escaped him. “It’s just a rabbit,” he told her, though drew his bow further.

Just as he let the arrow fly, a cry escaped Rosemary. “No!” She squeaked, pushing his arm down. The arrow hit the ground just beside the rabbit, causing the creature to startle and run off. Cursing under his breath, Erren lumbered forward and jerked the arrow from the ground. “I’m sorry,” Rosemary said quietly.

“It’s alright,” Erren said with a sigh, sticking the arrow back into his quiver and turning to face her with a soft smile and a shrug. “After all, it is just a rabbit.” Though he tried to be comforting, his tone was slightly disappointed and frustrated.

“Can you track it?” She asked slowly, wringing her hands together.

Erren shook his head and looked up. “There’s not enough time. I’m supposed to be back by sundown.” He looked back down and over to her, looking down at the ground with pitiful regret. “But there is time for something else,” he offered, causing her to look up curiously.

Still smiling, Erren strung his bow over his head and across his chest, wandering back over to her. Rosemary looked up at him wide-eyed as he stood in front of her, closer than she’d expected him to be. “And what would that be?” She asked in a small voice, the red returning to her face.

“Well…” He began with a small laugh, taking her hand that wasn’t still grasping tightly to the pink blossom. Then, before he could back out, he leaned forward and kissed her.

Rosemary was only just registering what had happened by the time it was over. When he looked at her he searched her eyes, his own nervous until a wide smile spread across her face and giggles escaped her. His smile grew to mirror hers before he turned, still holding fast to her hand as he began to lead the way back home and she followed.

By the time they made it to the house, they remained side by side, hand in hand, and laughing as they murmured to each other quietly. They both jumped when they heard the door slam, quickly retracting their hands back to their own sides.

“Where have you been?” Beth shouted at Erren, marching towards them. “The sun is already setting!”

“Exactly,” Erren said defensively, holding his arms out. “I’m back before sundown, just like I said.”

Beth put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow. “Well where’s your catch?”

“M- My catch?” He stammered.

“Yes, you have been hunting all this time, have you not?” She pointed out. “So what have you caught?”

“Oh, well…” He began nervously, his hand flying up to grip the back of his neck.

“He had a rabbit, but I scared it away,” Rosemary said quickly, stepping forward and folding her hands behind her back.

Beth paused and turned her sights to her daughter. “What were you even doing that far out?” She hissed.

“I asked her to come with me,” Erren lied.

“She knows she’s not supposed to leave the yard,” Beth told him sharply.

“Well she’s back now!” Erren shouted, his voice rising enough for Beth to be slightly taken aback. “Come on, Rose,” He grumbled, grabbing her hand and pulling her inside.

Beth stepped in front of them and pointed a finger at Rosemary. “You will not go into the woods again.”

Tears welled in Rosemary’s eyes and Erren looked over as she leaned into him, letting go of her hand only to wrap a protective arm around her shoulders. He then turned his sights to glare at Beth. “She can’t stay here forever,” he said with a small shake of his head. “None of us can.”

“It’s safe here,” Beth spat, a ring of desperation sounding in her voice.

“It’s not a life!” Erren barked loudly. He waited a moment, but Beth was stricken with silence. Shoving past her, he led Rosemary inside, leaving her mother standing in the yard.

Rushing through the main room, Erren breathed a sigh of relief when he found it void of anyone else, though he was sure they’d all hear about what had just happened before too long. They went into her room, Erren shutting the door softly behind him. Taking Rosemary by the shoulders, he sat her on the end of the bed and kneeled in front of her, holding her hands in her lap. "Hey," he murmured, trying to catch her eye through her tears. The second she made eye contact with him, she couldn't hold back a smile and quickly looked away. He smiled back and gently squeezed her hands. "It'll be ok," he promised quietly.

Rosemary looked at him and slowly began to nod until the movements became faster. She then paused to let go of his hand, wiping the tears from her face.

"Alright," Erren said slowly, glancing around before standing. "Then I'll just..." He gestured towards the door and began to head for it, running a hand through his hair.

"Wait," Rosemary said quickly. Erren stopped and twisted around to face her, fingers still tangled in his curls. "Don't go," she sniffed.

Erren turned around and slowly headed back over, sitting beside her. Rosemary immediately threw her arms around his waist and leaned her head against his chest. Hesitating with momentary surprise, it took a second for Erren to return the embrace, wrapping his arms around her. It hardly took long for his grip on her to tighten comfortingly.

"I'm sorry for getting you in trouble," Rosemary said quietly.

"No, no," Erren said quickly. "Don't be. If anything... I'm glad."

Rosemary leaned back and looked at him curiously. "Why?" She asked.

He shrugged with a soft smile, shifting his arm so he could brush her tears away. "Look in your hand and tell me."

Pausing in confusion before realization came over her face, Rosemary retracted her hand and smiled down at the pink flower still there.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

eight

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:47 am

The wind blew strong through the night air, whipping Scarlet’s hair as she climbed into the crow’s nest. As she stood, she grumbled in frustration and tried to move it away from her face. “This was a stupid idea,” she muttered.

Vin laughed and approached her from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist. “It is a lovely night, mi tesoro,” he said, pointing up at the sky.

Holding her hair back with her hands, she leaned into him and looked up at the sky, frowning. “There is nothing but clouds,” she pointed out bitterly.

“Hmm,” Vin muttered, lowering his arm. “I thought it would be clear tonight. But look, you can still see the moon.” Scarlet turned her sights to the pale glow behind a cloud. She raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips, unimpressed. Suddenly she found herself being turned around and facing him. “It does not matter anyway,” Vin stated with a wave of his hand. In this direction, the wind pushed her hair away from her face and behind her. He gently put a hand to her face and smiled. “What does matter is that you are here with me.”

Scarlet let out a breath and smiled, placing her hands on his chest and looking him up and down. As she leaned nearer and drew a breath to speak, she was cut off by a call on the deck, cringing at the sound of it.

“Cap’n!”

Shutting her eyes tight and groaning, Scarlet shoved Vin away and looked over the edge at who she found to be Benny. “What?!” She called back.

“What… What’re you doin’ up there?” He asked curiously.

“... Navigating!” She answered, stumbling over the word.

“But-” Benny looked around at the sky then back up at her. “There ain’t any stars, Cap’n.”

“I am aware there are no stars,” Scarlet said in a pained voice, clapping a hand to her face and brushing her hair away.

“Then what are you navigatin’, Cap’n?” He asked.

Scarlet paused then shook her head. “What are ye even doin’ awake, boy?” She shouted.

Benny shrugged, his arms hanging limply at his sides. “Navigatin’.” He leaned slightly to the side and looked at Vin standing behind her, a smirk reaching his face. “Are ya navigatin’ ‘im?”

Scarlet’s eyes widened and a blush reached her face, though thankfully, the boy was too far to notice. “Quit with yer questions or I’ll throw ye overboard!” She shouted and he gasped, turning to run back down the stairs. “Cabin boys are as easy to find as a stone on the shore!”

Once he had gone, Scarlet groaned and leaned over the edge, letting her arms and hair dangle in the wind. She soon felt Vin’s hand on her shoulder. “No,” she snapped, and he quickly retracted. “Damn clouds.”

Vin frowned and looked at her with a sigh. He quickly smiled once more, however, when an idea came to mind. He walked up behind her casually, then gasped. “Hide!” He shouted, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her down with him and onto his lap as he sat abruptly.

Scarlet shrieked and attempted to move the hair from her face once more. “What is it?” She asked rapidly. “Is there someone else?”

“No,” Vin admitted, reaching up and running his fingers through her hair so it cleared her face, her icy eyes wide and confused. “But if there were, they would not be able to see us anymore.”

A smirk slowly grew on Scarlet’s lips and she flicked her fingers under his chin. “Well aren’t you a clever man,” she said sarcastically.

Vin scoffed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer. “You did not think of it,” he teased.

“Maybe I did not want to think of it,” she taunted, parting her lips and looking at her hands as she pressed them against his chest.

“Why would you not want to think of it?” He chuckled softly.

She paused and looked up at him with a snicker. “You think awfully high of yourself.”

“No higher than my Captain thinks of me,” he murmured, gently brushing her face with fingers that were still tangled in her hair. She smiled softly and he pulled her face to his and gently kissed her lips.

Scarlet slid her arms around his neck and kissed him back, pulling him closer to her. She broke away with a flinch, however, when gust of wind blue their way once more and whipped their faces with her hair.

“There is a chill in the air,” Vin murmured. He pulled down her arms and grasped her freezing hands. “Perhaps we should make our way back down.”

“Why?” Scarlet asked wearily. She shifted and leaned her side against his chest. She nuzzled his neck and felt his arms wrap around her shoulders. “Are you afraid of a little cold?” she asked playfully.

Vin shook his head and looked down at her. “I will not be cold while you are with me,” he told her quietly, pressing a kiss to the side of her head before resting his upon it.

--

They woke with the sun just as they had fallen asleep. As the pink of dawn light spilled into the crow’s nest, Scarlet blinked her eyes open. It took her a moment, but they suddenly widened and she shot up, slamming a hand into Vin’s chest with a gasp.

He woke with a startle and looked around wildly. “What? What is it?” He asked, blinking sleep from his eyes.

“Shh!” Scarlet hissed, covering his mouth with both of her hands. “We slept here all night!” She whispered harshly.

Vin remained quiet as she took lowered her hands. He pushed himself up straighter as she scrambled to sit beside him. "It is barely dawn," he pointed out. "You go down now. I will wait a while and follow. No one will know."

Scarlet paused and looked at him before crawling over and kissing him. "You must be some kind of clever man," she teased.

He grinned and gave her a last, quick kiss. "So I hear."
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nine

Postby ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm

In the purple light of an early dawn, the forest floor crackled and snapped underfoot as Scarlet trudged stiffly through it. Her narrowed eyes stared straight ahead at the figure that had her there at such an ungodly hour. Vin had woken her before everyone else, suggesting that they continue what was left of the journey alone. Scarlet had not taken kindly to orders that had not come from her, nor to the hand that had been firmly planted over her mouth when she’d tried to protest. Yet somehow, she’d been compelled to follow when he had started to leave without her.

“I can feel your eyes on me,” Vin said suddenly from a few meters ahead, hardly bothering to turn his head.

Scarlet’s scowl intensified and she began to pick up her pace just slightly. “I wouldn’t have to look at ye if ye weren’t here,” she pointed out sharply.

“I would not have to be here if you had not burned the map,” Vin retorted flatly.

“Yer not the only one that can memorize a few lines and landmarks,” she snapped.

Vin shrugged, acutely aware of her footsteps slowly growing closer. “True, but I do still have the keys,” he reminded her.

“That can easily be changed,” Scarlet snarled, holding her sword out in front of him once she reached his side, causing him to stop abruptly.

Surprised, he looked over at her and held his hands up. “You want the keys?” He asked innocently.

“Well I certainly don’t want you here,” she replied bitterly, keeping her blade poised at his chest. “And if havin’ the keys’ll fix that, then aye, I’d like the keys.”

“Alright,” he said simply, making her expression falter in surprise. “But,” he continued, “You must take them without weapons.”

Scarlet scoffed. “Challengin’ me with or without weapons would be a deathwish.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about,” he replied. Then, he reached for his own sword and unsheathed it, tossing the blade to the side. He then looked to Scarlet expectantly, gesturing to hers.

Scarlet narrowed her eyes untrustingly before she tossed her own sword aside. Hesitating a moment before, she lurched forward and reached out, only to find her arm smacked away and Vin taking a step back. “Surely you can do better than that, captain,” He taunted with a smirk.

Icy glare trained intently on his challenging gaze, she bolted forward in an instant and grabbed his wrist, ducking under his arm to twist it dangerously.

Bending to the side in surprise and pain, Vin grit his teeth and grabbed her arm with his free hand, tearing her away.

Scarlet jerked back against his chest and promptly crushed his foot under her heel, causing a yelp to escape him and his grip on her arm to be released. Taking advantage of the momentary freedom, she spun to face him and reached out, holding fast to the string that dangled around his neck. She yanked it, expecting it to break, but instead it only jerked his head forward.

With a glare, Vin met her eye and grabbed her forearm and tore her grip off. Still clutching tight to her wrist despite the flow of profanities that loudly escaped her, he whipped her around and hooked his arms through hers, lifting her off the ground and walking forward.

Scarlet kicked and growled furiously, twisting back and forth, but to no avail. “Let go of me!” She snarled breathlessly, rattling off insults between her demands.

“Fine,” Vin spat, stopping and letting go so she hit the ground with a thud. He paused before stepping around her and continuing on his way.

Scarlet groaned and rolled sideways in the undergrowth, attempting to catch her breath. Blinking her eyes open, she saw him walking away and determination crossed her face before she pushed herself back up. He kept his back turned as she gained speed and ultimately jumped onto him, sending them both toppling to the ground.

Scarlet scrambled to slip the string from around his neck while simultaneously holding him down with her weight. “Ha!” She cried when she succeeded, holding it far from his blindly flailing hands, keys jingling together.

With a smug grin, she stood. As soon as her weight was lifted, Vin rolled onto his side and scowled at her through his hair, coughing and spitting out bits of dirt and leaves. Before she got too far, he impulsively lashed out and grabbed her ankle, rolling onto his back and effectively pulling her back down.

With a squeal of surprise and widened eyes, Scarlet fell to the ground and was dragged back over. She scrambled to push herself up, but was forcefully jerked upright when Vin’s grip moved to her arm. She soon found both of her forearms in his grasp as she sat on her knees over his torso, flailing wildly in an attempt to break free. “Yer not gettin’ these keys, rat!” She barked.

“You think taking them will keep me from following you?!” Vin responded bitterly, twisting his head away from her sharp nails. With a grunt of effort, he shoved her arms against her chest and rolled over, pinning her beneath him.

Scarlet’s back and head hit the ground a second him and she shut her eyes tight, gritting her teeth. Pieces of her hair sprawled behind her, more and more escaping the loose braid as the struggle continued. It took only a few moments for Vin to pin her arms to the ground. Unable to thrash further, Scarlet opened her eyes and the two of them glowered at each other, breaths coming heavy from either chest. “I should have killed ye the second I had the map,” Scarlet hissed, keeping an iron grip on the key string.

Vin’s face softened and he let out a breathless laugh. “Am I really that bad?” He asked innocently.

Scarlet’s expression faltered and showed more confusion than anything, her eyes searching his for some kind of sinister trickery that simply wasn’t there. “Worse, actually,” she replied dumbly, maintaining her sharp tone though unable to sink back any further into the ground when she noticed him drifting closer to her.

“Surely I am no worse than you,” he teased quietly, leaning forward until his nose brushed hers.

Scarlet froze though her heart began to race. Normally, the comment would have put her off, but she was far too concerned with his body language to pay attention to that which was spoken. “What-”

The second Vin felt her relax, he snatched the string of keys from her hand and swiftly stood, cutting off whatever she would have said.

Dumbstruck, Scarlet laid there a moment longer, processing what had just happened before catching her breath and scrambling to her feet, rushing after him. “Hey!” She shouted, scraping up both swords as she passed them. He did not respond. “Hey!” She repeated impatiently.

Vin slowed and looked over his shoulder, gesturing to himself and mouthing, Me?

Scarlet rolled her eyes and let out a heavy breath. Upon catching up to him, she shoved his sword against his chest, forcing them both to stop. She glared at him a moment longer before turning away and walking ahead of him.

Once her back was turned, a smile reached his lips and he lumbered forward after her. “What were you going to say?” He asked curiously. “Of course it could not have been a ‘what now?’ or a ‘what was I thinking, trying to kill you?’ or ‘what do you do to keep your hair so smooth in this heat, Vin?’” He reached up and ran a hand along his hair then paused and frowned. “Or perhaps it could have been… Two of those,” he concluded.

Scarlet’s bitter expression melted way and her lips quivered with the attempt to hold back a smile. Clearing her throat, she added smoothly, “More like what the hell are you doing.”

“Would you like to know what I was doing?” He asked. Her silence indicated that she waited intently for him to continue. He held up the string of keys in his hand and jingled them so she could hear before slipping them back over his head. “Fighting without a weapon.”
Last edited by ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʞ ɔ ǝ ɹ ʍ d ı ʞ s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me