Forever Alone ~ Orignal by Teacup

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Forever Alone ~ Orignal by Teacup

Postby Teacup-old » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Idea (c) Teacup
    Writing (c) Teacup
    Poetry (c) Teacup

Another story concept to share if you guys. Hope you enjoy!

No contact,
    no concept.
    Forever alone,
    forever broken.

The world has come to an end,
    we are all that's left.
    Nothing can stop us,
    Forever alone.

Introduction
    The caos outside our small, cozy den was enormous. People running around wildly. I couldn't quite register anything since I was still half-asleep, but I picked up on a few words; "Radiation", "World", "End", "I love you". The last one was said with both fear and love, so I figured it would be some use. Sticking that in the back of my brain, I looked outside. With a loud thump, every human fell to the ground; theri bodies limp. I tilted my head. Cats, humans, rats, bugs. Everything except for us.

Eventually, I grew and the bodies were moved to the cities one by one where they couldn't be disturbed. I had always felt a strange feeling in my stomach, but the only thing I was focased on was my attraction to Rayn. I should've paid attention. It would have saved the time and the price.

I had to be brain dead or something. It was the stupidest move I had ever made in my life. Rayn had been my crush ever since we were pups, then I had to go turn around and mess with her mate. He made me mad. He would beat her, and I couldn't stand it. We were coyotes, we are stocky. I figured my plan would work, but with every stupid idea comes the stupid mistake. I brought my best friend, Mud, and he got cocky. He knew Rayn too, and he jumped right out and dug his teeth into Rayn's mate's soldier. I had to defend him of course, so I went for the throught.

By now, humans were long gone so we didn't have to watch for them. Apparently, Rayn wasn't too key on the idea. With a, "Bubba, off of Ringer!", we were kicked out. My name is Bubbles, but every one called me Bubba. It angered me so much. I had to leave with my head down and my tail tucked under. I could feel Ringer's amusment. "Look at you! Listening to girls!" he laughed, Mud following me. Ringer was a large muscular wolf. We had no chance, which was why I gave Mud a little "lecture" afterwards.

"Mud, what the crap were you thinking?! Are you an idiot! Ringer's a wolf he would have killed us if we didn't listen to Rayn." I growled as we walked along a cracked road. Humans would drive past as we were picked off one by one, their metal machines were death machines.

"Dude, I know how much you like Rayn. You're my best buddy Bubba. Why would I not help you? Really, what best friend would I be if I didn't help you with this problem." Mud shot back, his tail back in the ari as he walked a few feet away. I only sighed, shaking my head.

Rayn's slender appearence and ruby-red coat drove me crazy. Her scent alone consisted of two things; roses and rain. Her eyes a plain grey, yet they put a spell on me. There was no way to pass that girl and not fall in love with her. Just the curl of her tail tip was enough to put you under. She would always lift her left paw up whenever she sat, tucking it near her chest, a reflex she had learned as a pup. Yes, Rayn was a fox. I was just a coyote.

"I have now chance with her. With my grey pelt and brown eyes, I'm no greater than Ringer. I just don't get why a fox of her...smallness would choose a wolf to be her partner. It's idiotic and with us idiots as her friend; it's a disaster just waiting to happen. Girls are nothing but trouble anyway. I have no reason to love her." I held my head low, my ear flickering every so often. After the disater; only canines remained. I wished there could be another disater. With just me, Rayn, and Mudd as best friends left.

Mudd and I exchanged no more glances. The last words I said to him were these, "See ya' later." I turned around and ran back down the color faded road back towards Rayn's den. Ringer was on a hunt. I could sence it. That was the thing about coyotes. We had a sixth sence. Or atleast I did. My instincts were telling me that not all of us came out of the disaster completely normal.

Myself included.
Teacup-old

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me