Tips for writers! (Don’t get too high hopes)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Tips for writers! (Don’t get too high hopes)

Postby LunaMoon’s Pets » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:57 pm

I have made many stories from quite young ages, so normally, i have learnt something! Just theseare from my personal experience, they won’t work for everybody!
These are some of the most obvious tricks because the others mostly work for me and for me only, so there is no point in posting them.
I will add more tips daily!
If you don’t get any ideas, don’t just sit there! Either go away and wait until it comes naturally or go outside! Fresh air helps (at least for me) to spark creativity + it’s healthy!
If you want to write, you have to enjoy it! If you don’t like it, it just won’t work out the same! I have had to write things i didn’t want to, and it wasn’t even half as good as the stories i enjoy writing.
I think this is obvious, but still. READ. Read books from your favourite authors and learn from them! Look at their techniques and tricks to make the stories as good as they are!
This also might seem obvious, but you need to get enough sleep! My sleep deprived brain might be good for many things, but not at writing! You need to get enough rest for your mind to work normally and have enough focus and energy.
Don’t give up! I am writing a book myself, and i rarely have any motivation to write. It’s so long, tiring and boring sitting all day by the screen... but look from the good side! Find things that motivate you! Is it a person, a goal, anything!
epic signature
LunaMoon’s Pets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tips for writers! (Don’t get too high hopes)

Postby Royal Destiny » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:11 pm

Can I add on? I've officially finished my first draft & I'm currently rewriting it in preparation for publishing. ^.^

6.) Brain Food Snacks & drinks are extremely important. Especially if you get wrapped up writing a scene. It really sucks breaking concentration because of rumbling belly. Your brain needs sugar to function. My go to is always fruit snacks :P

7.) Notes Even the craziest ideas you come up with. Write. Them. Down. You never know if you might want to use that idea later on or expand on it. Even little scribbles on your phone to make sure you don't lose the memory. Sometimes writing in a notebook helps as well if you normally type.

8.) Be kind to yourself. You're creating an entire world. How insane is that!! Don't judge your work so harshly. Grammar & spelling is fixable. Dialogue can be corrected. A scene can be expanded on. But, it doesn't have to be done when your "scene" is so fresh in your head. Write what you're feeling or "seeing". Worry about the boring part later.

9.) "Gardener" vs. "Architect" Finding a writing style that works for you is so, so important. In school, I was only taught the "Architect" way. Plan your steps carefully from beginning to end. Maybe there are a few corrections along the way, but you know the finish product before you're done. I struggled with that so, so much. I'm a gardener writer. I plant the seeds & watch them grow in their own unique, twisted way. My characters grow with the story.

10.) Music Like what Luna said with reading, music is another amazing source for ideas. Throw up a random playlist with some earbuds in, close your eyes, & just imagine your characters. Music is emotion. It's especially helpful when you're trying to portray a certain feeling across the page.
Hoarding:
- Adult Ponies
- Pocket Myths ->

Searching For:
- Store Pets
- Chicken Dollars
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Royal Destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me