[-☾ flying! i’m flying!! (avidae)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[-☾ flying! i’m flying!! (avidae)

Postby beebun » Fri May 28, 2021 12:29 pm

avidae writing stuff c:

beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri May 28, 2021 12:31 pm

table of contents of everything
Last edited by beebun on Fri May 28, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri May 28, 2021 12:34 pm

regular stuff—
    all of this is in the regular avidae world
Last edited by beebun on Fri May 28, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri May 28, 2021 12:36 pm

lunarya au writing toc—
Last edited by beebun on Mon May 31, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Sun May 30, 2021 1:15 pm

sunflame exploring/gathering, activity #1
    redeemed here and here | wc; 696
    lunarya au.

the fluffy, brown cat walked through the ruins of a once great city, carefully avoiding the sharp shards of glass and broken stone on the ground. for a cat with no paw pads, that was a crucial thing to do. though she could fly all the way to where she wanted to go— she wanted to try and experience it the way that she would have as a kit. it was bringing more and more memories back. it was of her kithood mostly, nothing that led to why the city was ruins, and why she was still alive. if noelle was to be believed, this city —her hometown— had been standing here, destroyed, for over 200 years after the tribes had mysteriously disappeared. how could she have lived here, then?

sunflame called up a little wind, a simple spell that noelle had taught her, and blew the tiny pieces of glass away from a small, rusted metal thingamajig. it seemed to be made mostly of copper, though the long exposure to oxygen had definitely changed it from its original color. it was almost all the way blue now, and you could only tell that it was originally copper if you observed it closely. there were still some spots where the copper had managed to survive. sunflame folded her leather wings, packing them tightly to her back. something about this made her tense, but the feeling was small and for now, she ignored it completely.

sunflame reached over, slowly rolling the copper ball to her. it felt like a toy of sorts, like something a kit would bat back and forth. but it wasn’t anything she remembered, sadly. when she tried to draw up what she knew about toys, everything she could find was either a ball of moss, rock, or something natural. nothing metal. that led sunflame to believe that this, toy(?) that she had found wasn’t supposed to be here. it didn’t belong. that intrigued sunflame, and her yellow eyes blinked once before she reached to scoop around it and place it in her bag.

crash! something behind her toppled over, and sunflame jumped around, leaving the copper ball. she caught a glimpse of a wispy, white tail before the cat turned around the corner. “wait!” sunflame exclaimed in surprise, her wings unfolding and making a whoosh sound when she leaped into the air.

soon enough the she-cat was above the city, watching for the white figure. but, to her sadness, it was nowhere to be seen. though something else caught the avidae’s eye— a lush green color. from here, it looked like vines had overgrown the space, but when she got closer, sunflame found that the plants weren’t just vines. they were edible foods and healing herbs, pretty flowers. sunflame landed in what she knew to be an overgrown garden, astonished that the city’s garden had survived after all the years.

a chuckle erupted from sunflame as she mrowed, “nice to see you again, plants. do you remember me? if you’ve survived all these years, I could have too.” sunflame started to pad around, checking to see if the plants were in good condition. and most were, surprisingly. “hope you don’t mind if I take some leaves. I need to stock up on medical supplies. I don’t want to ask more of noelle. she’s been a great help already, and I don’t want to be more of a burden.” I don’t even know why she’s helping me in the first place.. sunflame thought, then added, and I’m talking to plants! maybe I am crazy. sunflame let out another laugh, and started to clip a few leaves from the plants she knew were good for healing.

sometime later, sunflame was on her way to noelle’s den. it was almost sunset, and noelle had said that bad things happened at night. she didn’t want to be caught out here after dark.

sunflame pushed aside the plants that covered the entrance, and then walked into the den. it was lit with fire that noelle had cast herself. sunflame smiled, staring down at her copper ball toy thing, and said. “hey noelle! you won’t believe what I found!”
Last edited by beebun on Mon May 31, 2021 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Sun May 30, 2021 4:50 pm

um something. pt.2 to above. (page two?)
    redeemed here | wc; 604
    lunarya au.

noelle was humming when she heard sunflame’s voice, and her ears perked up when her humming stopped. “umm.. sunflame? where were you?!” there was worry in noelle’s mew, and she cleared her throat before saying. “uh, I meant where were you? didn’t I tell you to stay inside?” noelle couldn’t see it, but sunflame had a affectionate smile on her face.

“oh! like you stayed inside all day. I bet you were out and doing who knows what?” sunflame teased, the same smile on her face. “also, could I ask you a few questions?” added sunflame, her leather wings folded neatly next to her side and her tail flicking back and forth as she walked towards the room where noelle currently was. noelle nodded when she noticed that sunflame was already there. “great. first, do you know of any cats who live in the tribe ruins?”

noelle’s eyes flashed up at sunflame when she mentioned cats living in the ruins. “what— like ghosts? the ruins have always turned avidae away. no one really knows why, but there’s like some sort of curse that’s prevents cats from resettling the tribe cities. it’s one of the reasons why the tribes haven’t rebuilt, among other things.” she said matter-of-factly. “I don’t believe in that stuff, though. and I wasn’t out! I was tending to my garden, and practicing my casting. for some reason, I’m better with plants than other stuff.”

“ok.. I saw a white figure, but.. I don’t think it was a ghost noelle. it made some metal things crash, and it had a shadow! it couldn’t have been a ghost.. someone is living there, noelle!”

she scoffed, meowing, “nothing can live there, sunflame. not even plants. nothing grows. at all. it was probably a tourist. people come to visit the tribe ruins all the time.” noelle turned back to her garden, pushing a gemstone into the dirt. “what were your other questions?”

“hmph!” sunflame muttered. “if nothing grows, then explain to me why there was a huge, overgrown garden in the middle of the city? I even grabbed some leaves and fruits from it!” the tortoiseshell avidae unclipped her bag and brought out a bag full of nuts, some leaves, and small fruits such as blueberries and cherries. “that enough proof for you! noelle! a garden flourished in the city, why can’t avidae?!”

noelle looked at her with shock, her green eyes flickering from sunflame to the things she had gathered. “h-how..?” the she-cat asked, her expression one of shock. “nothing grows there.. that’s what they say. everyone knows it.”

“who are they and why do you believe them?” sunflame prompted, “it seems someone’s been lying to you..”

“they haven’t been lying! and they.. they’re no one.” noelle growled, wondering why they would have lied.. and why she had a feeling —no, she knew— that sunflame wasn’t lying. should she do what they wanted, then? what of their cause wasn’t as good as she thought? noelle then had a frightening thought pop into her mind; tribes forbid, did she place her trust in the wrong people?

“sunflame, listen to me... trust no one, not even me. outside of this forest— once I get you to the city. don’t trust anyone” sunflame was stunned at the seriousness in noelle’s voice, but she nodded. “I meant it sunflame. cats.. aren’t as good as you think.” there was a long pause before noelle added, “goodnight. we’ll set out tomorrow midday.” she turned around, her long, swishy, brown tail hanging behind her. sunflame sat there confused, but after a while she did the same and retired for the night.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Mon May 31, 2021 10:15 am

noelle casting, activity #2
    redeemed here and here | wc; 515
    lunarya au.

when a second moon rose in the sky that night, she had to admit she was lost. she slumped down by the river, watching the cool water rush over the rocks. her mother had been right, she shouldn’t have taken the short cut through the forest. it wasn’t like her home —her forest— and she didn’t know it as well as she would have liked. and now, she was stuck in a forest in the middle of winter. it was definitely going to get cold. at that moment, a huge gust of wind blew at noelle, and she shivered, her long fur not doing a thing.

noelle continued to travel down the river,, searching for a clear, settled spot where she could scry her mother, or maybe the university. she was going to be late, she realized. all that work! and she was going to be late! on her first, tribes-cursed day!

at last, a calm spot. noelle wasn’t as good at water related things as her mother, but she could at least try.

sucking in a breath, noelle placed her paws over the water. scrying was one of the first things she had mastered, but now, she wasn’t sure she had enough energy to argue with the water. stumbling through a forest all day drained her energy. noelle tried to think of her mother, where she would be right now, and hoped that it was near water or a reflective surface. she stared at the water for a few minutes, trying to concentrate, but nothing happened. “hmph. fine.” she growled at the water, turning around with a certain sassiness.

noelle walked into the forest a bit, straying away from the river. her long, brown tail dragged close to the ground, picking up dirt as she continued. every once and a while, noelle would stop and pick up a dry stick. perfect for fire. she had decided to try and make a fire, magic or no magic.

in time, noelle had a small tower of sticks made to start a fire. it was now night, and the trees and shadows looked a bit scary— but she wouldn’t admit that! noelle decided to try magic. she knew she could do it, she had to, otherwise how did she get into the university? it was for magic, and in her, (very) small town, she was one of the best casters. and she hadn’t even had any training! noelle quieted her thoughts before concentrating on the sticks in front of her. noelle had a lot to prove to her town, who didn’t exactly like her, and her mother. if she could just.. start a fire. small steps, right?

she focused on fire. on warmth, on love. that’s what the books said helped, but she didn’t know if that was true. “it’s a simple spell, noelle.” she mewed to herself, trying to stop the silence. “simple.” noelle started rubbing her paws together, and started reciting something inaudible. the avidae’s paws moved over to noelle’s fire pit, and a single touch incited a flurry of flames. she had done it.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me