HW Prompt Storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

HW Prompt Storage

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Last edited by lennon; on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HW Prompt Storage

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:18 pm

G3 - What is your group’s main goal and why? (200 words min.)

GhoulClan's primary goal is, simply put, to become the greatest pirate crew out there. Sounds cliche, I know, but there's a bit of a deeper meaning behind it - mostly tying back to each individual crew member's backstories.

The cats of GhoulClan all have some form of a theme of resentment within their histories - be it through something they did, or something someone else did unto them. Regardless of semantics, these cats all feel like there's something missing from their lives - a hole where their satisfaction should be. They simply feel as though they're not good enough at what they've trained their whole lives to do; which, in itself, is reason enough to become a pirate. However, these cats feel the need to prove their worth to an nonexistent (or perhaps just unseen?) being, to show that they're more than what others perceive them to be. They want to show this world that just because they're cats with a different coat (so to speak) doesn't mean that they're necessarily worse than anyone else who was dealt a better hand in life.

So in a way, GhoulClan's secondary goal is to prove their worth to those who doubted them - to show the world what they're made of, and to make sure that history knows their names.

[214/200 words]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:30 pm

G7 - How are your cats built physically? Do they age like/have the restrictions of normal cats or do they have longer lifespans/bigger magical or physical prowess? (200 words min.)

Physically speaking, the cats of GhoulClan aren't built like your average cat - rather, they have a more bipedal structure to their bodies. Not entirely anthropomorphic, as they still don't have opposable thumbs, but they can stand on their back legs and walk around like little people. (When standing in a bipedal manner, GhoulClan cats average at a little under two feet tall.) Of course, they can still walk and run on all fours - they just prefer to opt for their bipedal nature instead, as it makes getting taken seriously as a pirate a little easier than just being a regular old cat.

Because they prefer to walk on two legs now, GhoulClan cats are oftentimes seen adorned with fancy jewels or cloths. Yes, these cats wear little outfits, and yes - they're absolutely adorable. They have their outfits tailored to them specially from an Elven noble who lives just across the way of Sanclift Harbor - in return for his services, they'll run errands for him whenever he needs it.
    As far as their lifespans go, GhoulClan cats' lifespans have been increased through years of evolution and adaptation to their bipedal forms. Granted, they still only live about thirty to fifty years or so, but it's still a major improvement.

[208/200 words]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:45 pm

G12 - Who is the leader of the group and what role do they play? (150 word min.)

Kestrelstar is the captain of GhoulClan - as captain, he maintains a very dignified and respected authority over his crew, and is known to be the one to call the shots. However, Kestrelstar has a very... odd disposition about himself and his position as captain; for instance, most of more notable pirate crews (such as the Rat Toothed Grinners, the Fishgut Pirates, and the Black Fog Bandits) rarely take GhoulClan very seriously, mostly due to the fact that their captain is very eccentric, to say the least. Kestrelstar rarely takes anything seriously, oftentimes returning fire with witty one liners and a confident toothy grin - much to the annoyance of his crew. It doesn't help when Kestrelstar has a very Jack Sparrow-esque way of handling things... Which usually ends up with GhoulClan in more trouble than they're already in.

However, Kestrelstar truly does mean well - there's nothing he'd put his crew through that he isn't sure they could handle (though it does feel that way at times), and he cares deeply for each and every one of them.

[176/150 words +25 exp.]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:53 pm

G15 - What sort of climate does the territory have? (150 word min.)

GhoulClan's climate honestly changes frequently. The Clan rarely stays in the same spot for more than a day, maybe two or three if they're running errands - for the most part, when they're in Sanclift Harbor, the climate remains humid and warm. The skies in Sanclift Harbor are often grey and gloomy, and the promise of rain is more so a threat - gentle rainfalls in Sanclift Harbor can quickly turn into deadly thunderstorms or monsoons. At times where the rain is heavy, GhoulClan's only option is to take refuge somewhere away from the Duncansby Snapdragon - typically they mooch off of the Elven tailor, Silas, whom they run errands for in exchange for their custom outfits, when they need some place safe to stay. Silas is more than willing to help the little pirate crew, but it does get tricky at times - especially when GhoulClan is occasionally on the run from the law for stealing one too many fish from the market. (Silas usually ends up having to bribe the local authorities into letting the little cats go free - they're practically children, after all.)

[182/150 words +25 exp]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm

G30 - What sort of reputation does the group’s leader have? Among the group or outsiders? (200 word min.)

Kestrelstar's reputation is one best unspoken, as it varies from person to person. To those who've met the tom in passing, he's notoriously ditzy, with a spaced out demeanor and an overall eccentric personality. This cat is commonly attracting trouble - if he's not doing everything in his power to find it first, that is. He has a bad habit of not thinking of the the weight of his words, and oftentimes doesn't think before he starts rambling - which usually gets him into loads of hot water (sometimes both figuratively and literally). Kestrelstar seems to not consider the consequences of his actions, and for that reason, is generally seen as a bad captain by those who don't know him well enough.

And then we have those who are actually familiar with Kestrelstar, and have gotten to know the tom on more than one occasion. They'll say that while all of the aforementioned is very much true, there's something deeper that most fail to miss upon first meeting him, and that is that Kestrelstar thinks out loud. He tends to talk out his ideas, his thought processes, and it's honestly incredible to listen to how this cat perceives the world around him. When you get to know him, and you get to listen to his long tangents about various theories or plans he has, you'll find there's a lot more than meets the eye with Kestrelstar. He's actually a force to be reckoned with, and not a lot of people understand that - they just see this rambling mess of a cat and think he's a moron. And while that may be partially true, it's that type you've got to watch out for. He's a lot smarter than he looks, sounds, and acts.

[290 words +25 exp]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:58 pm

G39 - What sort of weapons does your group utilize? (do they prefer brute strength, claws, bites,etc.) (150 word min.)

Various forms of weaponry are used in GhoulClan's combat system. Sure, claws and teeth can be used in a pinch, but seeing as these cats are a tad more...evolved, than regular cats, fighting with tooth and claw just seems barbaric in their eyes. Of course, they won't outright refuse to use their natural weapons - they just prefer something a little more lethal, in all honesty.
    The most common form of weaponry utilized in GhoulClan would have to be cutlasses, such as scimitars and short swords - something easy and versatile enough to be used with one or both paws if need be. They're very skilled with blades, with one of their strongest crew members owning a claymore that's nearly twice the size of him! Other weapons that have been seen used by GhoulClan cats are whips, maces, battleaxes, and the occasional guitar - but that's only because they have a tendency to pick fights in taverns where bands are playing. (Yes, this behavior will get them kicked out - and potentially fined/arrested, if not for Silas's help.)

[175 words]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:10 pm

G37 - How are elderly cats viewed/treated within the group? (150 word min.)

Elderly cats are viewed as a source of wisdom and knowledge. Sure, these cats may be pirates, but that doesn't mean they know absolutely everything there is to know about adventuring, so elders are treated with complete and utmost respect. As the current clan elder, Daisylight is oftentimes seen as the unofficial advisor of the group - she may be a grumpy old medic, but she actually has very good social skills, and knows when someone is lying or being dishonest with her. She can pick out poor characteristics in a cat within the first few moments of meeting them, and as bad as it sounds, she knows how to exploit these personality weaknesses in order to advance her goals. Because of this, Kestrelstar often brings her to meetings with other pirate crews - the old she cat can and will call someone out if they decide to lie to the GhoulClan cats, and that's usually more than enough to get the leader riled up enough to start a fight.

[168 words]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 pm

G40 - Who/what are the group’s external allies? (150 word min.)

GhoulClan is constantly finding new external allies to help them whenever they get into a pinch that requires outside assistance. The most notable right now is Silas, an Elven nobleman who currently works as a tailor. Not only does he make and fix GhoulClan's custom clothing, but he also helps them by appraising various baubles, trinkets, and artifacts they find on their expeditions, as well as offer them shelter in return for running the occasional errand for them. He's a young man in Elvish terms - not even a day over 179 - and is the very reason GhoulClan hasn't been arrested or executed yet. He knows how to talk to people, as back when he used to be a part of an adventuring party, he played the role of the bard/druid, and as such, is very persuasive and charismatic. Silas can convince someone the sky is green if given the right incentive for it, and is a very valuable asset to GhoulClan.

[162 words]
lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me