CAC Birthstone Event Cat Applications - DNP!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

CAC Birthstone Event Cat Applications - DNP!

Postby broken* » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:03 am

in the posts below will be my form(s) for the create-a-clan birthstone event.

my own birthstone is December / turquoise.
    my order of preference aside from that is listed below.

1. december - turquoise
    2. october - opal
    3. august - peridot
Last edited by broken* on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#1 - turquoise

Postby broken* » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:05 am

december | turquoise
    username: broken*
    clan: celestial beings
    cat's rank: soldier
    cat's name: phiroza -> will become "phirozashatter"
    xname meaning: "turquoise gemstone" in arabic
    cat's gender: tom-cat (male)
    cat's age: 30 moons
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    ~prompt~
    this cat has a bit of an intimidating look – enough of one to scare others away more often than not. they struggle a bit when it comes to making friends and have moved from place to place looking for somewhere to belong. what sort of friendships do they find in your clan that make them want to stay?

prompt fill:
    {{story includes - whitespring, mallowsun, & mouflonclimb}}

phiroza didnt have the easiest start to life; he was born into a tight-knit rogue group that was known to outsiders as being very cruel and strict. his father, omar, was the 'boss' or leader of this group, and so he expected a lot from his son from the very start of his life. while his mother, esta, was known as being the soft-spoken kind one, the singular ray of light shining in the darkness, phiroza never had a chance to experience his mother's love. esta had a particularly difficult labor, and shortly after phiroza was born into the world, esta had passed from it. perhaps his future would have been different if he had had his mother growing up, had her to support him when his father would tear him down, but that was not the life that the fates had planned.

from a young age he was taught to be the stereotypical harsh and cold rogue who radiated an aura of masculinity that said he was not going to be walked on or pushed over. omar had very specific beliefs that he bore down into his son and heir. one of the very first things that he was taught was to completely close off his emotions; not only was he not allowed to show how he felt (since that was very much seen as a massive sign of weakness) but he was raised to push down anything he did feel until he just had this numb void where feelings would normally have been. another thing that his father taught him was that, especially as the future 'boss' of the group, was that there was no such thing as having real friends. the cats around them, everyone that they knew, were simply objects or tools that they had to know how to perfectly manipulate to get what they wanted from them. it was a very lonely way to view the world, and phiroza often found himself longing for even a single companion that he could just talk to without having to carefully think through every word he said, the tone of his voice, and the movements of his body.

however, phiroza was barely an adult at twelve moons old when two-legs found their home; they had been living for many moons in an abandoned building in a deserted part of town. little did the rogues know that the plot of land that their home was on would be part of a construction revamp project that would bring a large number of two-legs and their monsters straight into the heart of their camp. many cats were killed in this first 'attack', but omar refused to allow those who remained to leave, determined to somehow fight the monsters when/if they returned. but when the two-legs returned a second time, it was a different situation, and they came with cages and catch-poles; anyone that was still alive from the first attack was captured by the two-legs and dragged off to local animal shelters. phiroza doesnt know how he managed to get away; he chalks it up to being the youngest/smallest cat in the group and was able to slip through tight spaces that the two-legs couldnt follow. phiroza wandered the streets for about a week before he snuck back into the warehouse building to see if anyone from his group had also managed to escape; there was no one there. all he could smell was the rusty metallic scent of blood, and he knew that he had to truly leave this place. he had know idea if anyone else from his group had survived like he had, but if any of the captured cats had made it to wherever they ended up, he never saw them again.

he spent almost twenty moons on his own from that moment, finding temporary company in various clans and small groups of loners. but he never fit in, never really found his place or actually made a single friend. he came across the celestials really by accident; he had scented he had crossed into a clan territory but he had truly almost given up on ever having a place to call home where he fit in or had friends. he came across a splitting river and slowed down to stop at the edge of the water, lowering his large body to gulp down the cool refreshing liquid. little did he know there were a few other cats making their way towards his location. it was normal for the soldier whitespring and her mate mouflonclimb to go on walks when they had finished their morning tasks, before they were assigned to any evening patrols or something. but lately they had been including one of their clanmates, another soldier mallowsun, on their daily walks. the other molly had been in a bit of a funk lately, and so they were trying to get her to talk about her feelings and figure out what was wrong. finally, mallowsun had begun to rant about feeling a bit left out and lonely lately; she loved her mate flareblood with all of her heart, but he had recently had a litter of kits with his other mate, so he had been spending more time with his four kits still in the nursery rather than her, which she understood. but then she had tried to turn to her own four children, but all four little toms were cheribum now and were 'too old' or 'too busy' to spend time with their mom. the blue smoke tom looked up as he heard the feminine voices approaching, his blue eyes locking on the trio who also seemed to have spotted him quickly.

while immediately the two soldiers were on edge, puffing up their fur and baring their teeth, the fluffy messenger allowed her former leadership skills to take control of the situation, greeting the stranger with a soft friendly smile. after a brief conversation, they decided to bring phiroza back to camp to meet with the archangel satinstar and seraphim smogwhisper. the chimera tom was given the opportunity to stay in the clan for a few weeks to see if he would grow to feel comfortable there. for the first few days he just sort of kept to himself, slowly meeting some of the clan cats and exploring the territory; no matter what he tried though he still felt a bit like an outsider. until one day, when the same three mollies who had found him by the gihon river approached him, this time with the flame point soldier in the front. "good afternoon phiroza. we're going for a walk and we'd like for you to join us, if you'd like that is." the large tom couldnt help but feel confused by her request, but also a bit excited at the prospect of someone else wanting to spend time with him. he rose from his seated position along the shade outside in the church's shadows with a slight nod of his head.

the beginning of the walk was relatively calm and mostly silent, with the only conversations occurring being small talk type things. after walking for a bit they had made their way to the gihon river, and the cats laid out on the smooth riverbed, sprawled out comfortably to soak in the warmth of the suns rays. after just existing in the comfortable silence for a bit, the calico molly spoke up, her voice warm and welcoming. "so, phiroza. i want to start this off by telling you that i consider myself to be an empath by nature; what that means is i'm very good at reading others feelings and i tend to feel with them. which is how i know that you've been through some hardships in your past and thats why you find it hard to connect. is that safe to say?" the tom's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, his maw opening slightly as he was about to snap out a response, but he forced himself to breath deeply; this molly was not attacking him, she was trying to understand him. "yeah, you're correct. i was raised a very specific way which makes it hard for me to befriend anyone or trust them."

it was then that for the first time the muscular, scar-covered pure-white molly spoke up; in the time that he had been staying with the clan, he had known whitespring to be the strong-and-silent-type. "i used to be a lot like you, phiroza. you could say that i still am at times. i was born in a clan that no longer exists; the shadowed kingdom was a very strict group with many laws and regulations that had to be followed or you would be severely punished; these punishments ranged from physical beatings to being chased and banished from ever returning. i was a soldier in the kingdom, the very first soldier under the ruling of the high lord blackstar, along with my twin brother that is, and due to this i was highly trusted by the royal family; so much so that i was given blackstar's daughter as an apprentice to train. i had to be cold and hard and cruel; show no weakness or lose everything. well several moons ago our clan fell apart and i ended up here; the shadowed kingdom bordered the celestials but we were always on negative terms. the clan was initially very uncertain about my joining because of this, but i managed to prove my intentions just a moon later during a rogue battle. i finally felt at home, and then just a moon or so later, mouflonclimb came to join the celestials as well, and she quickly became the love of my life and my reason to try to be good."

after she finished talking, they sat in silence for a bit, allowing her story to seep in to phiroza's mind, before mallowsun opened her mouth to speak next. "i also came to this clan from the shadowed kingdom; i joined the kingdom about ten moons after whitespring did, so it was far more established by the time i entered, and i was assigned to the rank of stormguard. well i fell in love with flareblood, a tom from the celestial beings, and we had to keep our romance a secret because of our clans mutual dislike for each other. well i fell pregnant and had a litter of four handsome boys, but it felt like everyone was judging me because i would not share the identity of my kits father. flareblood actually risked his life once and snuck into the nursery of our camp to meet his firstborn sons, and he took one of the boys, tangkit, to live with him in the celestials. i soon realized that being a mother was my calling, that caring for my kits was everything that i needed, and the opinions of my clanmates didnt matter anymore. when the kingdom fell apart i was able to fully reunite my family by joining the celestials. and since then my family has continued to grow; my mate flareblood is polyamorous and so he has two other mates, both of whom have birthed kits in the last three moons or so. even though i didnt carry them myself, i still love them as if they were my own."

phiroza was truly starting to feel something by the stories these mollies were telling him, and he had to look away sharply to hide the sudden tears that threatened to leave his eyes. finally the third molly raised her voice to speak, mouflonclimb's words much more soft and gentle than anyone elses had been. "i used to go by a different name; areli. i was the chieftess, or leader, of a clan known as evanora's reach. we existed for a full year before everything sort of just fell apart...i couldnt protect them, couldnt hold everyone together the way that i had promised; the gods had abandoned us, and so we each traveled down different paths to find our new homes. i was the last cat to leave the reach, wanting to make sure not to leave anyone behind before i left to find my new place in the world. when i came across the celestials i was still wracked with guilt, feeling like a failure to evanora's reach, that i just didnt know if i would belong anywhere again. but not only did everyone here welcome me with open arms, but i found love in the form of whitespring. and now i couldnt think of my life being anything but where it is now, with the friends that i have like mallowsun. what we're all trying to tell you phiroza is that if you give the celestials a chance, we will grow on you, and we will truly become your home, if you let us." it was at that moment that phiroza finally let his walls down, the tears erupting from his eyes as the three mollies came towards him, engulfing him in a group hug of sorts, holding him close as the sobs racked his body; he really, truly was home.
Last edited by broken* on Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:41 am, edited 17 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#2 - opal

Postby broken* » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am

october| opal 
    clan: celestial beings
    cat's rank: messenger
    cat's name: mohini -> salmonglide
    xname meaning: "to enchant & allure" ; the hindu trickster goddess
    cat's gender: she-cat (female)
    cat's age: 34 moons
    ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    ~prompt~
    this cat has a stack of various different identities and aliases. they’ve claimed all sorts of reasons for having them – the story changes every time they’re asked. when they come across your clan, what persona do they put on? Is it their real one, or has your clan yet to reveal the truth of this cat?

prompt fill: mohini was born and bred to be a prize-winning show-cat, living her life as a kittypet to a rich pair of two-legs who gave her absolutely everything she could have possibly wanted. every competition she was entered into, she won; the two-legs claimed that they had never seen such a unique and gorgeous cat, that very few could compete with the chimera. she lived in what two-legs called a mansion, a house so big that one could get lost in the many winding corridors and hidden passages, but not mohini though. she knew that entire building like the back of her paw, including all of the secret ways to slip unnoticed from one room to another. she had her own room in the home, full of the most plush luxury beds and climbing towers for her to dig her claws into; there was even a cushioned seat for her on the large windowsill, looking out at the several acres of land that lay out behind the home. it was the life that most cats could only dream of living, and it was all hers.

but there was something very unique about mohini, something that she told no one, a hidden secret about herself. when she was born, she had almost died during her mother's kitting; she had gotten stuck with her umbilical cord wrapped around her, cutting off her oxygen and making it hard for her to breath. she had died, for several minutes, with no heartbeat or pulse; the two-legs managed to bring her back though, with their machines and fancy equipment. because of this tragic start to her life early on, mohini has the special ability to see and speak with ghosts of cats who have passed on but not crossed over. when she was young she feared her gifts and tried to ignore any spirits who approached her, but as she grew older, she learned that these friends on the other side could be advantageous to her. she began to pick up different habits and personality traits from the ghosts who would approach her, and she made deals with them in exchange for learning secrets about the her fellow competitors/the other show-cats. if the golden absynnian had a god complex, she was trained by his former room-mate how to bring him down a peg. if the silver ragdoll was insecure about her eyes, she was told by the cat's sister, and would make some off-handed comments to feed into the ragdoll's irrational fears, making them seem more rational. if the black himilayan thought his fur made him the most handsome cat in existence, the sphynx he once bullied would show mohini how to change the orders on his groomers list and shave him down to the skin, ridding him of his luxurious locks.

well, one night, she was visited in her dreams by a handsome brown marbled bengal tom with with long fang-like canine teeth and bright gold eyes that captivated her immediately. he was so charming, knowing the exact right things to say to win her affection, and began to visit her every night in her sleep. that is when he began to tell her who he was; his name was payara, and he had been born to a small coven of cats where his mother and father were the leaders. he was the firstborn son in his parents only litter, and should have been the next ruler after their demises, but when the time came for his mother's kitting, he was stillborn. payara blamed this on his twin brother desmodus, claiming that the charcoal tom had sucked all of the nutrients from their mother while they were still in utero and was the reason he never had a chance to breath his first in the world. mohini was fascinated by his story, sucked in from the very first word, claiming how awful it was that payara's own kin had been the cause of his demise and wishing she could help. the pretty chimera hadnt even noticed the shift in their surroundings, the change in their meeting place as the bengal no longer felt the need to hide his reality from her.

the forest where they met in her sleep was dark and hot; there was no living plants, with the trees and bushes burnt to crisps, the grass black and crunchy beneath their paws. the moon that provided the only light for the cats was a deep-blood red color, bathing the entire landscape in shades of scarlet. the longhaired molly would get very warm occasionally from the hot steam that seeped from the earth beneath them, but she grew to find comfort in the heat from the cats around her. you see, it wasnt just payara who lived here, who had a terrible story about being wronged in his life before his death; there were dozens of cats that he had gathered beneath him with various stories of their own, all in need of vengeance, of retribution. once they believed that she was truly on their side, the cats began to reveal themselves to mohini outside of her dreams, allowing her to see them during her waking hours. she was told by the ghosts that they had spies out in the world who knew where their wrongdoer's were, and that they had all 'suspiciously' gathered together into the same forest clan; the celestial beings. mohini's 'true' love, the bengal ghost payara and leader of the crew, even shared that his murderous brother desmodus had somehow climbed his way to the top of the clan ranks, being the mate of the leader satinstar.

never before had mohini even considered leaving her comfortable kittypet life, but these new friends of hers had put thoughts in her head, and she desired to help them in whatever way she could. and so they devised a devious plot that allowed her to slip away in the night, unnoticed by the twolegs she once called her family. she broke through the flappy-door that she would use to go out into the yard during the day, but that her two-legs typically closed off at night to keep dangers out. she dug her claws into the dirt in the yard, and then pulled out bunches of her fur and placed them specifically around the claw-marks; this made it seem as though there had been some sort of animal attack that had caused mohini's demise. she then slipped away into the treeline behind the house, following the directions given to her by her spirit/ghost guides. just over a week passed and her normally pristine pelt was covered in patches of dirt and had even grown matted in some places, as well as her already lean-body growing even more skinny due to her struggles catching prey. finally she crossed into the territory of the celestial beings clan, the multitude of unfamiliar cat scents hitting her nose like a slap in the face. ready to begin the guise she had planned, her voice called out loudly into the forest, very shrill and high-pitched; "hello? is anyone out there? hello?"

it only took a few minutes of calling for a nearby border patrol to hear her calls and approach her; the group consisted of six cats, led by a large grey and white tom who introduced himself as smogtongue the seraphim of the celestials clan, and asked why she was in their land. mohini jumped to answer him as quickly as she could, her voice erratic, her eyes glancing all around rapidly, her tense body even twitching in excitement or nerves, it was unclear to the cats of the patrol. "oh! well my name is mohini! i was a kittypet my entire life! but my two-leg got sick recently and they took her away; i waited for her to come back for a moon but no one came for me, and i had gone through all of my food so i was starving. i never thought about leaving before but i didnt think i had any other choice if i wanted to live! so i broke out of the screen-door and sort of just started walking! i smelled a bunch of cats nearby which is what lead me to your land, because i thought maybe you guys could help me." smogtongue offered her a warm smile and offered to take her back to their clan's camp to meet their leader and see if they could find a place for her in their clan.

the leggy chimera's green eyes scanned the area around them as they began to walk, making sure to mentally note where she was going, taking note of any minor landmarks and things. as they approached the abandoned church that was called the camp, she ducked her head to slip into the opening behind the seraphim tom, following him to the front of a large room, where he stopped and bowed his head to a petite calico molly with kind eyes and a sweet smile. introducing her as satinstar, the clan's archangel, mohini was prompted to once again share her 'story' about how she 'found the clan'. now satinstar, being the young and open-hearted leader that she was, immediately took pity on the other molly, offering her a place in their clan. she was asked if she would prefer to be a messenger or a soldier, and mohini stated that while she felt she would need some training in either hunting or fighting, she thought she would be better eventually at hunting; satinstar then assigned her as a messenger, giving her one of the clan's older messengers hawkfrost to teach her until she felt more comfortable. while this seal colorpoint tom began to show her around the camp, offering to help her make a nest to sleep in and things, mohini already had payara's spirit at her side again, unseen by the rest of the cats, floating at her side and taking everything in just as she was.
Last edited by broken* on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#3 - peridot

Postby broken* » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:23 am

august| peridot 
    clan: scarabclan (site)
    cat's rank: hunter
    cat's name: axolotl -> (will become axolotlslip)
    xname meaning: an endangered species of salamanders w/ regenerative properties.
    cat's gender: she-cat (female)
    cat's age: 21 moons
    ~prompt~
    this cat has been feeling a little down about their appearance recently – they used to be really proud of it, but recent remarks have placed doubts in their mind. maybe a reminder of some other beautiful qualities could help? How does your clan let this cat know they’re beautiful - both on the inside and out?

prompt fill:
    {{story includes raggedsnap}}

while she had short and patchy fur, for whatever reason she found herself drawn to the hills and sharp-peaked cliffs that lined the arid mountains which skirted the central-northern section of the scarabclan territory. she never traveled too deeply into them yet for fear of getting lost, but each day she had begun to venture a little farther or higher, exploring the range bit by bit. recently however she had found this hidden cove that had a bubbling natural hotspring escaping from the rocks; this warm water had become her sanctuary, the place where she went to escape when her thoughts became too overwhelming that she just lost all desire to interact with other cats. call it just another oddity about the already odd she-cat, but she enjoyed lounging in the water, especially liking finding a shallow space where she could lay down with all but her head underneath the liquid; something that she knew most cats absolutely hated. that was how she currently lay, resting her chin on the edge of the small pool, her ears drooping to either side of her head with the tips occasionally blowing into the water when the breeze picked up. she was in such a state of calm that she didnt notice the approach of another cat until he was practically upon her, her green eyes blinking open to lock with the red eyes of one of the clan's fighters, a lykoi like herself but with thicker fur and more sparse patches. she stood quickly in the water, causing it to splash a bit, but the tom offered her a smile and a nod of the head to tell her she didnt need to leave the pool. "apologies axolotl, i didnt mean to frighten you. but i caught your scent winding up here, and most of our clan cats stay away from these hills due to the sudden drops and perilous twists. i wanted to make sure you were alright."

the young fawn molly found herself surprised by the kindness of his words; whereas she was used to this sort of care from her former two-legs, she was also used to being treated like complete dirt by other felines. taking a few steps to the right before she sat in the warm water, she gestured with a paw to the space beside her before she spoke. "im glad it was just you raggedsnap.. to be honest, i just get so lost in my thoughts. if you had been anyone else, well i would have been vulture-bait huh?" the grey mackerel slipped into the water beside her as she spoke, accepting her offer far faster than she would have expected, and as he noticed her eyes widen quite a bit, he couldnt help but chuckle softly as he sat down. "when i lived in a two-leg city as a street-cat, i had a friend who was a completely hairless kittypet that i would visit every week or so. he taught me that water could sooth the burns that the sun gave to my hairless patches of skin. but enough about me now, you said you had alot on your mind. why don't you tell me about some of it? i find sharing can provide a release of sorts."

for a moment, the molly just stared at the tom, contemplating what he said and how she would answer. her two-tipped tail twitched subconsciously, moving like a fish in the water, and she watched it for a moment before she finally spoke. "i was born to a family that rejected me from the moment i was brought into the world; i was less than a day old but my parents picked up my littermates and left me in the middle of the desert to die. but the gods saw me and chose to spare me; i was found by a group of scavenging two-legs and brought back to their home. it was an incredible place; above the ground it appeared as nothing more than abandoned ruins from some former time, but these two-legs had an entire community existing underneath the sand. the most intricate tunnels and temples you can imagine carved out of nothing; these two-legs worshiped the same gods that you all do here in scarabclan, and they still followed this ancient belief that cats had the power to bring luck or prosperity to those who cared for them. they saw all of the qualities in myself that my birth family had seen as weakness or failure in a totally different light; to these two-legs, i was like half-god or something, and i was practically worshiped myself. they saw me as a gift sent to them directly from the gods. i lived a life of peace and comfort for fifteen moons before i was replaced; a tom whose appearance was even more strange than my own arrived, and the two-legs saw him as their newest gift. he had extra toes on all of his feet, an extra set of ears on his head, and his fur was a mixture of the uncommon colors of chimera and vitiligo. i stuck around for a few moons after his arrival, trying to see if their was room for both of us to coexist, but he wouldnt have it, wouldnt share. he killed one of the two-legs kittypets and staged it to look like i had done it, so i was cast out, banished from the only home i had ever known. as i was run out they yelled all sorts of awful things at me, calling me an abomination and a monster...but luckily i found you all, scarabclan, shortly after that so i wasnt really alone for very long."

as her voice sort of died off at the end of her words, the grey tabby tom could tell that the recent events had a stronger affect on the molly than she seemed to want to say. he took a risk, praying mentally to the goddess bastet that the molly wouldnt react badly to his next actions, and moved closer to her, leaning in to rest his chin on her head, tucking her smaller form against his larger one in a comforting way. at first her body seemed to stiffen, unsure what he was doing or why, but in a few heartbeats she seemed to appreciate his action, and leaned into him. "i know that things may seem a bit crazy right now, but you couldnt have come across a better clan to call your new home, axolotl. you are not the only cat here with uncommon or rare physical traits; scorpionslash and wheatcloud and cremepaw have that curly fur, streambare has different colored eyes, caimantooth has a short tail and a floppy ear and heterochromatic eyes, fallinglotus has a stubby tail, coalcrypt and his kits are all completely hairless, flameskipper has super short legs, heck look at me even i have these weird patches of fur versus skin. the things that make you unique are the things that make you a true part of scarabclan; we are a place where the insecure become confident, the lost become found." the polycaudal molly sat in his words for a breath before looking up, her deep green eyes locking with his warm red ones. "axolotl, youve only been with our clan for a few weeks now, but youve quickly caught the attention of many of our clanmates for your extraordinary hunting abilities. watching you track something that the rest of us have given up on catching is truly remarkable; i dont know if its your sense of smell or your hearing or what, but when a lizard or snake buries itself in the sand to hide and the rest of the patrol loses it, ive begun to turn my focus on you, like i know if anyone can still find it, its you... i apologize if im coming across as too forward, but i've never really had a reason to flirt before... but you, ever since you first arrived, i havent been able to keep my eyes off you or remove you from my thoughts. i know that you've been feeling down about yourself lately, and now that you've shared it with me, i understand why. but no one sees you that way here; i dont see you that way at all. you are the most beautiful molly i have ever laid my eyes on, you are talented beyond measure, and you have this kindness in your heart that draws me in to you. it may sound a bit old-fashioned but i.. i would like to court you, with your permission. i think that we could be amazing together." for once, axolotl didnt feel the need to stop and think, instead her words flowing out of her muzzle almost as soon as raggedsnap had stopped talking. "i would like that very much." the pair spent the next few hours getting to know each other, telling stories of their pasts that caused the other to laugh; the sun had set and the moon had risen by the time they left the little hotspring and made their way back towards camp together, their tails intertwining subconsciously as they walked.
Last edited by broken* on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 am, edited 21 times in total.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me