[ Hunter's Woods | Tribe of Rushing Rivers Archive ]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[ Hunter's Woods | Tribe of Rushing Rivers Archive ]

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:26 am

Tribe of Rushing Rivers - Hunter's Woods

various writing tasks for Hunter's Woods. Please do not post here.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

archive.

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:29 am

Level Tasks

Scene Submissions
    » link
Last edited by clip ♡ on Mon May 04, 2020 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

levels.

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 am

Level Zero - 1 cat
    » Get your founder
    » Make a thread
    » Describe your clan's territory

Level One - 3 cats
    » [165] Art x2
    » [275] Explain your cat's role & how it does/doesn't suit them
    » [100] Create gift lines for the community

Level Two - 5 cats
    » [200] How are your cats built physically?
    » [150] Art x2
    » [450] Generate a random first line and write a short story with it
Last edited by clip ♡ on Mon May 04, 2020 4:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leveled histories & personalities.

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 am

Leveled Histories
    » link

Leveled Personalities
    » link

Non-Leveled Histories
    » link

Non-Leveled Personalities
    » link
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

misc.

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:36 am

res.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: C23 | incapability

Postby clip ♡ » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 am

┏────────────────────────────────────────────┓
      level task

Prompt; explain this cat's role in the group and how it does (or doesn't) suit them
      Characters; silent stream
      Mentioned; n/a
      Word count; 400

┗────────────────────────────────────────────┛

Silent Stream has always had the makings of a leader. It was in the way she spoke, the way she walked, the way she held herself. Even as a kit, she had this aura of authority hanging over her head and leaking through her words. When she spoke, even in her squeaky kitten voice, others couldn't help but listen. Her former clanmates would always tell her mother that Silent Stream would end up leading them one day. That she was meant to lead. They never dared speak it to her directly, though, because who would want to plant that seed of importance in a young kit's head? Who would want to be responsible for her thinking she had a right to lead?
      They never spoke it to her. They spoke it to her heedless mother, to her coward father, but never her. That, of course, didn't stop her from hearing it spoken through loose teeth while she acted too busy to notice. As she got older and progressed to an apprentice, she didn't hear it spoken as often. Even after she proved herself time after time to be above the capabilities of her fellow trainees. When she became a warrior, she stopped hearing it completely. Not a whisper spoken to her mother or father, or anyone else. She could see it locked under their heads and behind their tongues; the words they now dared not to speak. And why? What made her more capable to lead as a kit, but not a fully trained warrior?
      She found out, of course. Through late-night whispers between her parents, when she was supposedly across camp. Whispered confessions about how they couldn't believe she'd turned into this. How she'd gone from a normal kit to such a brutal unstable cat. Is that what they thought? That she was brutal? That she couldn't handle her own emotions? She'd only ever wanted to prove herself capable of leading, to hear those words of affirmation. If that made her an unstable antagonist, then so be it. She would be an unstable antagonist. She deserved the throne. She'd had it practically handed to her on a silver platter from the time she could talk, and to have it snatched back because she was incapable of self-regulation? Screw them. She deserved this, and if she had to forcibly take it from them to get it, then so be it.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: G7 | Tribe Ability

Postby clip ♡ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:50 am

level task

Prompt; how are your cats built physically? do they age like/have the restrictions
      of normal cats, or do they have longer lifespans/bigger physical/magical prowess?
      Mentioned; n/a
      Word count; 280

When Silent Stream initially had the idea for the tribe, she wanted a group that could withstand the harshest of conditions. Weather, foes, predators... anything that stood in their way. Because of this, her selection process was quite extensive, and she wouldn't allow "weak'" cats into her territory. Any cat that could be seen as a liability was to be chased from the territory and not allowed back in. Her process was -- and is -- harsh, but it ensures her tribe is always strong and able to handle what others may not.
      If you were to look around the tribe, you'd see that most cats are agile and lithe. Living in an area surrounded by rivers requires that, in order to catch the quick prey that line the riverbanks. However, that doesn't mean the tribe isn't physically strong. Most of the cats' strength is in their legs, both hind and front, from crossing the rapid rivers and catching the biggest fish.
      The tribe cats have normal lifespans, and the physical prowess capable of a regular feline. As for magic, the tribe is mostly made up of cats who don't have any magical prowess. However, some cats among the tribe are born with special abilities, and no other cat knows why this happens, as the parents often have no magic ability, Those who have it are especially favoured by Silent Stream, as they are often stronger and more able than the rest of the tribe members. Each time a cat with abilities is born, Silent Stream takes it upon herself to train them in an effort to create strong soldiers, who are able to defend the tribe with fierce results.
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: M7 | Family Secrets

Postby clip ♡ » Mon May 04, 2020 4:46 am

level task

Prompt; generate a random first line, and write a short story about it. (they say
      everyone who looks into their family history will a find a secret sooner or later)
      Mentioned; npc
      Word count; 710

They say everyone who looks into their family history will find a secret sooner or later. This was particularly true, in one fashion or another, although never something Silent Stream expected to fall victim to. Growing up, she had known her family. She knew of her blithe mother, who, despite having a white picket fence of a family, could never stay present enough to concern herself. She knew of her coward of a father, who couldn't stay long enough anywhere to ever really amount to anything. That was her legacy, proud or not, that she could never really erase. She'd tried -- god, had she tried -- but even after defecting from her clan, her prideless legacy had followed; a stain on her record she couldn't wipe out. So when she finally travelled far enough where no one knew her name nor cared enough to learn, she was content. She was content when she rallied others into living under her rule, and content when she was finally getting the recognition and respect she deserved. That was the legacy she wanted.
      When word travelled of her parents' deaths, it was a pure coincidence the whispers reached her ears. The good couple with the defective daughter, they'd said. She didn't have to go searching to know it was about them. Even after countless moons, she was still the ungrateful daughter who left a stain on her perfect family. Even now, after she'd finally made something of herself, was her past still haunting her, tapping her on the shoulder. Silent Stream was, as she had been for a long time, sick of it. She wanted her parents out of her life, her past, her legacy -- everything. She wanted them erased.

Silent Stream had walked, her head stuffed full and a gaping hole in her chest. She'd left her current tribe, travelled back to her old clan's territory, and all for nothing, it seemed. Many of the clan had died out, leaving a few stray members left to build it back up. As it turned out, not many of them were willing to talk to her, which, okay, was fair. But she needed closure, and even if she had to face every single one of them, she was going to get it. She hadn't forgotten how every single one of them had wronged her, and she was going to guess that they certainly hadn't either, because they were skittish. They knew she was dangerous, and although that made them less likely to talk, it also made them vulnerable. Silent Stream had been in the clan long enough as a warrior to learn what she needed. Every member had their breaking point, and she'd filed them away in her head; red blinking buttons with "do not push" written above them. And she'd push every single one of them if she had to.

She learned many things that day, but not one of them was what she'd come for. She'd started with the younger members, made them promise to keep their mouths shut about anything related to her past or her parents. It wasn't particularly hard; they were young, naïve, and fearful. The older members were, of course, harder to persuade. They were stubborn, and although they too were fearful, they refused to lie. She wasn't even asking that much, just a little white lie here and there about who her parents were and who she was. She didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea, you see. If she was painted as unstable, the cats who served her would no doubt start leaving. One by one, until everyone had left with no one to replace them. And how could she so rightfully rule without a tribe to rule over?
      In an attempt to sway her, one of the older members -- a senior warrior Silent Stream used to patrol with, whose name she couldn't recall -- claimed to know something about her, that even she couldn't fathom. A family secret, that had been hidden away behind their faces and above their throats. "If it's a family secret," she'd spat back, "how do you claim to know all about it?"
      "Because," the molly had answered, voice unwavering, "your mother isn't who you thought her to be."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery