activities & challenges

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

activities & challenges

Postby sforzando. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm

archive for snowclan, mallowlight warren, and whatever my nox pack is named I can't even remember
Last edited by sforzando. on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sforzando. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm

index
      words
      words
      words
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, levelling up

Postby sforzando. » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:36 pm

snowclan *
      level up • 1 > 2 • 718 words

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
xxxThe whole Clan began to form under the stump. He’d only sat up there twice: once when he was promoted to deputy, and then again when he became leader. But this time, he was leading one of the more important ceremonies. Today, a single apprentice would grow to being a warrior.
xxxHe’d been told very few things. First, this cat was a she-cat, currently named Rosepaw. Second, Rosepaw prevailed in simple stalking, as neither hunting nor fighting were her strong suit. Coldstar had been told she was a little softer than a normal Clan cat. She would attack, but her bites and scratches were not strong, and she would leave practice with visible marks while her companions would not.
xxxColdstar had to hide his disapproval with the new warrior. A cat’s job was to defend their Clan with their life, not have sympathy towards who they fought. But it was no matter. She had passed every test thrown her way, and that was what mattered in the ranking ceremonies.
xxxHe counted all of the cats outside now, and wrapped his tail around his paws to shield them from the wind that was blowing. It had stormed last night, and they’d gotten at least a half tail length of snow. So much that the Clan now sat with snow halfway up their torsos, staring up at their leader. He’d assign some warriors to move the snow from camp later today, maybe after the ceremony.
xxxColdstar shook his pelt.
xxx“Thank you for joining me today,” he began, his rough voice ringing out over the wind. “We have one of the most important ceremonies today, and the first one I have ever done, as you all know. Today, an apprentice becomes another moon older, and we gain another able warrior in our ranks to defend our Clan and everything we stand for.” He glanced to his left, where he knew the apprentice would appear from inside a hollow log that led out of camp. “Please, allow our apprentice to join me.”
xxxIt was silent for a few moments, and then steps were heard. Out stepped a small but fluffy she-cat, her bright eyes shining with pride that she had made it to this moment. But past that, Coldstar’s heart stopped.
xxxShe was beautiful. Her purity showed through her face, her coat stunning and her pattern unique. He felt his claws dig into the tree stump to keep his breath steady while his heart raced faster than usual. How had he never seen her before?
xxxRealizing their gazes had been locked longer than they should have been, he quickly blinked a few times, then stood and sidestepped, allowing her space up on the stump with him. She gracefully took a seat, and he gazed her over quickly, taking in her coat pattern and her silky fur. Her pale green eyes hadn’t left his.
xxx“Rosepaw,” he began, his mind reeling for the correct words, “I have heard so much about you. From your spirit to your kindness, my deputy has informed me you are ready to progress to joining the ranks of the warriors. Do you accept this rank, and all of the responsibilities it has with it, including giving your last breath for the Clan?”
xxx“I do,” she said with a confident but excited nod, and her soft voice was music to his ears.
xxx“Then by the power granted in me, I welcome you as a full warrior to SnowClan. From this moment onward, you shall be known as Rosesplash. I hope you honor your name, and your Clan.” She dipped her head, and he placed his muzzle to the top of her warm, soft head, as was their tradition. A small purr rumbled through her body, and he wished not to pull away from her, but had to as the Clan started chanting her new name. When he sat back, their eyes met once more, a warm smile curled on her lips, and she lifted to her feet and leapt down from the stump, heading towards the Clan. The excited apprentices that were to become warriors within the next few moons sat up front and she met them there immediately, but not before giving Coldstar one last glance with a small tail twitch.
xxxHe had to get to know her now.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mallowlight warren activity

Postby sforzando. » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm

mallowlight warren *
      activity • gathering • 535 words

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
xxxThe air was cold between them on the bright summers day, the humidity rising as the temperatures did. As they hopped through the field, they spurred up resting gnats that clouded the skies before landing back down elsewhere, leaving the hares undisturbed. Nothing had been spoken between the two as Qa’Helsaad led her leader, her eyes locked on the ground ahead in search for objects of interest. Nothing had been said between the two since they’d left, and she wasn’t sure if he preferred it that way. She didn’t even know if she preferred the silence.
xxxShe wasn’t sure if he was watching her every movement or if he was also searching for things to gather, and she didn’t plan on glancing back at him. Her focus was on making sure she didn’t look too nervous, and keeping an eye out for anything she saw.
xxxQa’Helsaad still hadn’t fully adjusted to her new name. Her new prefix and job as a noble had taken her by complete surprise, and still did now. How did Tsiyivva-Rah see her as so much more than she was? She had no idea, but she was determined to show her strength in her new job to make sure her leader had no regrets about ranking her up. When Tsiyivva-Rah asked to join her on a gathering expedition, she hastily agreed, knowing this could be her chance to prove herself worthy of being a noble. But as they searched, nothing had given her the opportunity to. Until -
xxx“What’s that?” she asked, her head shooting up with perked ears. There was something shining on the ground, and she was determined to get the object and proudly display it to Tsiyivva-Rah. She found herself racing over to it, until she realized that the shine wasn’t from an object. It was from the sun shining down on the damp blades of grass. Her heart dropped past her stomach, and she stood there, staring at the emptiness as Tsiyivva-Rah joined her. “I was mistaken. It’s nothing,” she admitted sheepishly, and felt the eyes of her leader lock onto her, which she was afraid to meet.
xxx“You don’t have to prove your worth to me, Qa’Helsaad,” he said, his deep voice lined with slight amusement. She finally met his dark eyes, seeing a smile on his lips, and spotted the pride on his face. “You earned my trust a long time ago when I first experienced your gathering abilities. You sparked me a great interest, and you’ve only gotten better, not worse. I’ve never doubted making you a noble. My trust in you grows every day you’re out here. I know that, regardless of what you bring back to the warren, you’ve done your best. You don’t have to prove your worth to me.”
xxxShe felt immediate relief rush through her, and she felt her body loosen as she realized what he said. He trusted her. He had so much faith in such a young member of the warren.
xxx“Thank you, Tsiyivva-Rah,” she said quietly, and he responded with a warm smile before they both went back off through the field, now side by side. She felt more comfortable with her leader than ever before.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, levelling up 2

Postby sforzando. » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:41 am

snowclan *
      level up • 2 > 3 • 141 words

xxxColdstar and Sorrelpath had never had a very rocky relationship. Of course, they would butt heads on certain topics, but in the end, they would always find a way that suited the Clan, or at least suited one of them. Coldstar trusted, and still does trust, Sorrelpath with all of his heart, which was why Coldstar never turned away from him when he found out his friend’s parents’ history. As dedicated as Coldstar is to SnowClan, he never once worried about the path Sorrelpath would take, whether it be a traitor like his parents, or a dedicated Clan cat. He saw the leadership skills Sorrelpath possessed, and the patience he had with his fellow Clan cats that would outcast him as a traitor, and realized that his closest friend would be the best deputy, and maybe future leader, SnowClan would get.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, leveling up 3

Postby sforzando. » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:25 pm

snowclan *
      level up • 3 > 4 • 327 words

xxxHe approached the medicine cat's den, first eyeing around to make sure no others were in the den besides the medicine cat herself. She was busy shifting through her herbs, sorting them into piles on the floor, her tail flipping back and forth with her ears pricked. He cleared his throat to get her attention, and she jumped at the sudden sound.
xxxCraning her head around, she gave him a look over, then tilted her head and meowed, "I was wondering when you'd show." He felt his face flush uncomfortably. To keep the she-cat from straining to move, he sheepishly walked around to sit in front of her, careful not to disturb her herbs.
xxx"I need your advice," he said simply, and her ear flicked. "I don't - I don't know what to do."
xxxAt one point, he couldn't go to her for anything. Her personality clashed too much with his, leaving the two to never talk unless they had to. Then, Sorrelpath forced the two to get along, as it was important to have two high ranking officials as friends, not enemies. Since then, he went to her for everything.
xxx"Her heart is broken," she stated the obvious. He knew this already, but didn't want to admit it. He couldn't fathom heart break. "You ignored her. Your kits are dead, Coldstar, and you haven't even acknowledged it." Her blunt words cut into him like a knife.
xxx"I know," he mumbled, dropping his gaze from her. Morningskip suddenly softened.
xxx"Have you thought about what to say to her?"
xxx"She probably won't talk to me now. It's been days since we talked." Morningskip shook her head, and Coldstar looked up at her.
xxx"I wouldn't say that. At least give it a chance. Talk to her. She needs someone. She needs you. She doesn't have your kits, the last thing she has is you." He shifted his paws.
xxx"Thank you, Morningskip."
xxx"No need. I talked to her this morning."
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snow clan, leveling up 4

Postby sforzando. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 am

snowclan *
      level up • 4 > 5 • 426 words

xxx"But Coldstar, it could wipe out the warriors!"
xxx"And what about our queens and kits? What about the future of our Clan?" Impatience lined his voice, and he fought to not openly show it in his features, but he couldn't hold his tail from twitching irritably. He felt all eyes locked on him, likely all with disagreeing ideas, but there was no way he would stray from his idea now.
xxx"Think this through, Coldstar," Morningskip mewed carefully. Although the cat had nothing to fear, she didn't want an all out war between the two. It'd happened before. There was nothing worse than two high ranking officials that hated each other and never agreed on anything.
xxx"I have, and I know that if we get all of the warriors out to take care of the bear, the rest of the Clan will survive," he meowed firmly.
xxx"At what cost?" Morningskip asked calmly.
xxx"Everyone in the Clan should be willing to give their life for the good of the Clan." He saw Sorrelpath frown. Just a flash, but a frown no less.
xxx"Not everyone has the same beliefs as you," Sorrelpath reminded, and Coldstar dug his claws into the dirt below.
xxx"This is a bear we're talking about. Not some little fox that just left its mother," Morningskip meowed, trying to reason with him and side with the two warriors discussing this with the ranked officials.
xxx"Call a meeting." Sorrelpath glanced back at Morningskip, then at Smallfoot and Stormflurry, and headed out, the two warriors following side by side from behind him. Only a few moments later was the deputy's yowl heard, and cats sunning in the rare summer heat began bustling, lifting to their paws to approach the tree stump in the middle of camp. Coldstar gave Morningskip one last glance, finding nothing but the desire to argue in her eyes, but this wasn't something she'd go for. When she was younger, she would have gladly done it.
xxxBut Coldstar also knows she'd give her life for the Clan, and that she'd spend the next moon healing those that needed it from a fight with a bear. She was caught between agreeing and disagreeing with her leader, and found it better to just keep her mouth shut.
xxxHe flicked his tail once more, then stood and followed where Sorrelpath had gone, straight to the tree stump, where he jumped up onto it, replacing his deputy, who took a seat beside the stump.
xxx"It has come to my attention that there is a bear lurking around our territory."
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, leveling up 4 trash writing lol

Postby sforzando. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am

snowclan *
      level up • 4 > 5 • 391 words

xxxThe cold was starting to get to Smallfoot's ears when she finally gave the suggestion. "Hey, maybe we should head back. It's starting to get dark, and the cold is starting to get under my fur."
xxxStormflurry was the only cat Smallfoot could openly admit being cold to. The other cats in the Clan would make comments about how weak she was, how her fur was unmade for the winters, how she should've never survived her first night. But Stormflurry never made such comments. She would usually pull the she-cat closer so she was swallowed up by the thick fur, and there'd be no more complaining from Smallfoot. But not this time.
xxx"C'mon, just a little further! Morningskip said something about this really cool log this way. She said there was plenty of things to do. I have to find it!" Stormflurry chirped, picking up her pace, and Smallfoot gave a quiet groan before trotting after her friend.
xxx"Are you sure it wasn't just a story? Or that it's even here still? You know she's as old as the territory we walk in. Who's to say it's not gone?" Smallfoot tried reasoning. It was cold. The sun was setting. It'd be dark soon. Why couldn't they go home? She was always up for an adventure, but only when she could see the adventure.
xxx"We're almost there! I can feel it!"
xxxThey both stopped in a clearing, just where Morningskip said the log would be. It was supposed to be three times taller than the tallest cat in the Clan, but as they looked around, they saw nothing. Nothing at all.
xxx"Mousebrains!" Stormflurry yowled.
xxx"Maybe it's in a close by clearing. C'mon, let's go home and we can try again tomorrow." Stormflurry sighed, but nodded, finally giving into her friend's wishes.
xxxLuckily for the two, they could see in the dark, so as the sun fell below the mountains and turned the territory to black, they could see in the moonlight.
xxxThe only problem was the amount of noises, and the dangers that lurked in the woods beyond them. While heading back, Smallfoot stopped in her tracks.
xxx"Did you hear that?"
xxx"Hear what?" Smallfoot shook her head.
xxx"My imagination, I guess." They continued onward, all until a tree fell right behind them. Without a single glance behind them, both she-cats took off.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, leveling up 5

Postby sforzando. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:16 pm

snowclan *
      level up • 5 > 6 • 437 words

xxxThe dream always started off peaceful. Well, it wasn't a dream, although those who had never been in it would describe it as such. Morningskip always said it was unexplainable. It was too much for words. And, it really was. She still felt awake, as though she'd fallen into a light sleep and then awoken abruptly, in a much different place than where she'd fallen asleep. Very few cats would ever experience such a thrill of being in the equivalent of a dream world where they could control their own words, movements, and even thoughts.
xxxMorningskip shook her fur, fluffing it out, though it wasn't cold in this world like it was in SnowClan's territory. In fact, there was no temperature. Hot, nor cold.
xxxThere was an unexpected nose against her ear, and a quick lick that she would've jumped at had she not expected it. There was one reason she came to this world. Well, two, actually.
xxxShe gave a loud purr and looked back behind her at the ginger tom joining her, sitting right next to her, his tail entwined in hers. Morningskip had been rumored to have been in a relationship with just about every leader she lived through, but this was the only true romance she'd secretly had in her time alive. She nuzzled his shoulder, and felt all of the worries of the real world wash away.
xxx"This time it is you who came looking for me?" Elkstar's voice melted into her skin, and she shivered at its softness. She gave a smile.
xxx"Didn't think I knew how, did you?" she asked teasingly, and he shrugged.
xxx"I wondered how long it would take for you to get the hang of it." His face hardened slightly when he asked in all seriousness, "What was it you needed help with?"
xxx"The new leader. What did you see in him that made you choose him?" His ear flicked in curiosity.
xxx"Coldstar? I chose him because I knew you'd hate him," he teased, but she frowned, not taking the joke well. He shook his head. "He has natural born leadership skills. He can make choices in half of a second that I'd never thought of before. He knows this territory and its members inside out. He has everything I never had. Yet, you still hate him." Morningskip tilted her head.
xxx"His choices are dumb. He's dumb. He's going to get the Clan killed before he even loses his first life." Elkstar smiled
xxx"You just hate him because he's not me."
xxx"I hate him because he's dumb."
xxx"Give him a chance, Morningskip. He's smarter than you think."
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

snowclan, breeding request scene

Postby sforzando. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 pm

snowclan *
      breeding • coldstar & rosesplash 779 words

xxxThe only things he heard were "bear" and "Rosesplash" in the same sentence. He didn't know what had happened. He didn't know the severity of her injuries. He didn't need to know. Having it explained would have taken precious time. Instead, he dashed to camp, the adrenaline taking him there without taking a moment to pause.
xxxIf this was the last time he saw her, he needed to let her know how he felt. They'd had such a hard fallout when their kits died, and he could hardly face the fact he ignored her and the situation.
xxxThere were cats littering the camp, nursing minor wounds they could without needing assistance from the medicine cat. Coldstar's eyes scanned the scene, then without seeing the she-cat he was looking for, slipped his way down into the medicine cat den.
xxxThere were few cats down there, one easily recognizable as Morningskip as she threw her herbs everywhere, searching for the right ones. Either she had just started, or not many were seriously injured, as there was only cat at the back of the den.
xxxThe den turned stale as Coldstar approached the she-cat. "Rosesplash? Are you alright?" He fought to keep his voice calm and leaderly, but the way it wavered in the end gave away weakness. Her head lifted, her golden eyes opening to meet his.
xxx"Word travels fast."
xxx"It was only a patrol. I didn't have to stay the whole time.“
xxx"I know, mousebrain. I've been on a patrol, too." At first, he took it as an insult, but then realized she meant it teasingly when he saw the sparkle in her eye and the twitch of her tail tip. “Why are you here?”
xxx“What happened?” he asked, nearly cutting her off, and a flash of surprise hit her face that he hadn’t heard. “I didn’t listen to Darkbear. He said something about a bear and mentioned your name and I raced back here before he could finish his sentence.”
xxxThose must have been the wrong words.
xxx“After all of this time, now you care about me?” He took a step back at her sudden reaction. They had never officially argued about this. If it ever came up, it was a few words, and something cut them off. But now, with her injured in the back of the medicine cat’s den, there was nothing to stop them.
xxx“Rosesplash-“
xxx“I carried our kits for two moons and when they came out dead, I thought you would’ve come to see me. I genuinely thought you cared about us starting a family, Coldstar. But no. You did nothing but hide in your responsibilities with the Clan.”
xxx“That’s my job,” he tried defending himself, but Rosesplash was prepared.
xxx“You have a deputy for when anything happens,” she snapped. “Sorrelpath was prepared to take your duties. He even came to see me when you didn’t.” She glanced behind Coldstar, and his gaze followed briefly before he turned to look at her again. She had already placed her head down and tucked her nose beneath her fluffy tail. “Your Clan is waiting for you, Coldstar. You better not keep them waiting.”
xxx“No,” he said, sudden fire in his voice. “I won’t leave you alone again, like I did. I never got to talk to you about it, and I won’t make that mistake again.” She didn’t move, so he continued: “I have thought about it every single night and day since it all happened. I just never knew how to go about it. I never knew what to say. You have always known that. You have always known that I never knew how to put words together like you have, and yet you have always loved me for it anyway. I tried going to you about it, so many times, but you always were with someone else, whether it was a queen or other warrior, you were always busy. I didn’t know how to get you alone.” He paused, feeling out of control and fighting to keep himself stable. She didn’t move. Her eyes didn’t open, her ears didn’t twitch, nothing. He sighed. “All I ask is that you forgive me. I’ve never stopped loving you, and it hurts that we can’t even look at each other anymore.”
xxxThere was a moment of nothing once more, and he turned to leave, defeated. He took a step away when -
xxx“I love you too, Coldstar.”
xxx“I want to start again.” The words spilled out of his mouth faster than he could catch them, and that was when Rosesplash finally lifted her head. He felt his face flush, and his ears flattened in regret.
xxx“I do too.”
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me