kalon 1413 tryout

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

kalon 1413 tryout

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:00 am

Username:
Peppermint Mist
Name:
Kiah
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:00 am

f̴̢̻͎̰͕̟̝̘̫̥̰̭͕͉̗́͛̈́̌̌̾͐̆̿͐͘͜o̷̡̺͙̞̝̭̖̝͍̜̙̘̥͔͖̦̺̰͂̆͑̇̃̀̽̈́͌́̑͛͌̓̀̉̍̕͠͝r̵̦̗͗̊̈́́̈́ģ̶̛̪̗͖̟͔̂̈͆͗̌ͅợ̴̊̌ͅţ̷̣̫̠͕̯̪̹̳̞̗̪͓̠̣͛͋̍͂́̊̄̒̎̽̽͘t̴̗̪͎̆͌̔e̶̜̪͎̦̝̭̥͇̍̾̐̽̈̓̈́̽̐̽̉n̸̡̢͚̙̮̣͕̣̠̫̱̬̥̯̺͍̱̅̏͒͒̆̆͐͐̈́͛͒̌̋͜͝

The rain continued to pour down which made the woods difficult to travel through. I tried to carefully take another step, forcing my paws out of the mud so that they could move forward, the wind changed directions and the rain pelted straight at me. I tried to shield my eyes from the unexpected change. I could have brought an umbrella or a raincoat but clearly, I did not think about it before I went charging into the rain. Ever since Lilo disappeared my family have been edgy about me going out, in fact, I’ve hardly been out at all the past few weeks, I somehow managed to sneak out but obviously, it was not the right time, but I couldn’t turn back now. I thought that it would be better to get answers now rather than later. It was getting darker by the second, and I suppose the dark thick clouds didn’t help either, by some miracle a flash of light illuminated my path for a second, I could see the witch’s cottage in the distance, at least in knew I was going in the right direction. Just after the light faded there was a loud bang in the sky, to say I did not expect it was an understatement, it probably was unsafe to stay outside for much longer so I quickened my pace, hoping that my journey was going to be worth it.

When I finally got to the cottage door I was at a loss, ‘Do I knock on the door? Do I barge in?’ I thought, but then there was another loud crash of thunder and so I reached for the small knocker on the door and at the first knock, the door swung open.

“Come in” the voice crowed, I stepped inside hesitantly, stopping at the doormat. The floorboards were made of soft coloured wood, which has been kept clean, like there wasn’t a speck of dirt on the floor. Given that I was dripping wet and mud was caked into my leg fur I was hesitant to step inside further and I didn’t know if I should call out, I didn’t have enough time in the end as the witch stopped what she was doing.

“Don’t you know the definition of come in?” she snapped, not facing me, but then she whirled around.

“Well shut the door! You’re letting all the cold air in.”

When she saw me her eyes widened. Ah, I so looked worse than I thought then. Well-done Kiah! You’ve made yourself look like an idiot! I began to regret not wearing a raincoat even more. I nudged the door with my shoulder and it shut quickly.

“Stay there” the witch commanded.

I stood still just like she told me and the storm went on, although the thunder was muffled now. The cottage smelled of different things. I’d expected the potions to have an awful aroma but they seemed to calm me down, I could also detect a hint of vanilla. The witch was dashing quickly around the cauldron; she then put a bit of the liquid on the spoon and handed it to me.

“Drink this” she ordered, and I did, hesitantly and within seconds the dirt and the water dripping from me was gone. I goggled at the witch in surprise.

“Well, why are you here?” the witch demanded, turning back to her work.

“I need your help” I mumbled.

“My friend Lilo went missing and I want to know what happened to her.”

The witch faltered in what she was doing and she put down what she was holding. Silence stretched out for what seemed like hours before she finally spoke.

“Tell you what, I’m in need of an apprentice, if you help me, I’ll teach you the spell that will help you find out what happened to Lilo.”

I paused for a moment, then shook her paw.

“Deal.”

I’d been working with the witch for months and after a while, I realised that she began to grow weaker, soon enough, she was on her deathbed and I felt sad, but no tears fell from my cheeks. I don’t know why I didn’t cry when I saw her like this, I just couldn’t. She slowly placed her hat on my head.

“In these past few months I have taught you everything I know, but there is much more to learn, continue my work without me.”

I shook my head solemnly, and then she dismissed me from the room. She passed away that night but I did not cry in the morning because I realised something. She had never taught me the spell, she'd tricked me.
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am

A̸͎̾̈́ ̷̨̫̫͍̪̭͋͛s̴̛͇̗̦͌̋̐́͝p̴̢̛͚͙̫̗̓͒̉͊ȩ̴̺̲̩̒͗̏̀͐ĺ̷̦͔̕ĺ̸͖͙͔͉̹̊̋͜ ̴̛̻̯͇̺̰͐̌t̷͍̔̀͝ó̸̭̠͙̲͂͆͘̚͠ ̵͎͎̟̣̺͇̈̔̂̀͆̓r̶̢̃͗̿̅͆ͅe̷͕͛̊m̵̻͊̔̄̄̑̚ͅë̷̤͙̣̬̞́͠͠m̶̹͇̠̬͌b̶̬̜̾e̶̦̲̭̔̋͌͂̔͜͠r̷̨̦̲̼̲̳͒̅̄

It had been a while since the local witch died but Kiah still didn’t go home, everyone thought that it was because she was grieving her death and so they left her alone. I’m not, I’m the one who went to the witch’s cottage to see her and I know she’s still upset about her friend, and she’s frantically searching for a spell to find answers. Even though we were never friends I’ve taken it upon myself to help her, I usually get things from village to help her with spells, and I get her food every week, which I don’t think she’s eaten and she’s beginning to look thinner. I feel like I need to force her to eat but I’m scared of going against her.

It’s a lovely day now that its spring, everything is green again. The grass beside the path looks soft and lush and there are masses of flowers all over the place. The path is dry for once, and there are a few smooth stones covered in dirt. I stop admiring the forest and make my way to the cottage. When I open the door Kiah jumps around, muscles tensed, but she relaxes when she see’s me and twirls around to look at her book.

“Have you been sleeping and eating?” I ask.

“mmm later” Kiah mumbles, still looking at the book.

“Kiah you need to sleep and eat, you’ll make yourself ill if you don’t!” I protested.

“I said I’ll do it later” Kiah said darkly.

I put the food in the fridge and then move to clean up the leftover bottles that Kiah most likely used for a spell. Kiah gasps and I move over to see what she was looking at.

“A memory spell! How did I not see this before?”

She turns to me “I have a few of the ingredients, I need you to get a few more, could you go into the village for me?” she asks, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

I hesitated “Kiah, I’m not so sure that’s a good idea” I said slowly.

Her excited eyes turned into anger in an instant.

“Why not” she growled.

“You said that you’d help me! So help me!” she raised her voice and moved towards me.

I flinched “okay, okay! I’ll go!” I scanned the ingredients I needed to get and hurried outside to go back to the village.

Finding ingredients didn’t take long, while some ingredients were expensive I could afford it. Kiah gave me access to where the witch used to keep her money a long time ago, and since she was local and charged for her business, she had a lot. I ushered back to the cottage with the ingredients in a small basket. I opened the door slowly and Kiah slammed it open the rest of the way, the excitement had returned to her eyes. “Did you get all of the ingredients?” she whispered. I sighed and nodded, she snatched the basket out of my hand and rushed over to the cauldron. I closed the door softly and watched from the doorstep as she rapidly poured the new ingredients into the cauldron. She turned to scan the book one more time before whispering the words into the cauldron to start the spell. A small green mist slowly arose from the cauldron. I pushed down my feeling to run away, but I stayed, for Kiah and for my curiosity as to what actually happened. The mist grew thicker and swirled around the room until images above the cauldron started to form. At first, they sped by, I could hear billions of voices; we were speeding through Kiah’s childhood! After a while it finally slowed down, it had found the memory Kiah forgot.
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 am

t̴͉̱̘̪̫̟͑͗̈́̕h̷̝̒̏̌̾͠ͅe̵̮̲̯͎̐̒͜͠ ̸̻͖̖͈̉̀t̷̘̯͖̹͗̾͒͑͘r̶̯̠͚̮̚ư̴͉̦̣͉̣̙̎̀̎̓̚ť̷̡̞̐̉̚ḩ̴̖̠̹̙͆̂̚

I was a grade A student, top of the class, always the best. Lilo… wasn’t as good, but it always came a surprise to me when she said she didn’t care. Lilo and I were close, we’d always been stuck together ever since we were tiny kits. We always told each other everything, or so I’d thought. One day I caught the bullies at the school who were harassing her, and after some pushing, she finally told me that it had been happening for a while. That didn’t sit right with me, so after that day I was constantly at her side, but then I also became a target. It was constant, every day. Whispers of how I wasn’t smart, and that I’d be a failure; they’d find a million different ways to humiliate us. But at least I had Lilo, but it got to a point where she wasn’t enough, it got to a point where I wasn’t in the right mindset, where I snapped. I needed to scare them.

I knew that the bullies were the first to arrive at school in the morning, it was so that they could set up their pranks and plan who’d be their first target for the day, the sad thing was that they were smart, which is why they never got caught, but they never put their brains into schoolwork and so I had assumed that they’d never go far. One morning, I got to school and took out the thing that I’d hidden the night before; gasoline. If I managed to get away from the crime scene with no evidence that I was there, then when they realised someone had burned down some of the school on purpose, then the bullies would be scared and blamed, so it was a win-win situation.

I could hear that their loud voices were close and so I decided to pour the gasoline into the corridor that seemed closest to them. It covered most of the corridor floor, it had a sweet scent, I reached for the matchbox and when I lit the match I could hear them drawing near, and so I dropped the match and ran, leaving the container behind me. I ran out the back entrance and disposed of my gloves in a bin quite far away from school and then started to walk back to school.

When I arrived there was a crowd of school children talking in horrified hushed whispers. By now most of the school was in flames and then the bullies burst out rushing towards a teacher, I moved a little closer to hear what they were saying. “You’ve got to do something! Lilo is trapped inside!” one of them screeched and my heart stopped. Without thinking I raced towards the door and into the burning building.

“Lilo!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, thick smoke went in with it and I coughed. “Lilo where are you?!” I ran through the corridors, screaming her name until I finally got a response. “Kiah!” I ran towards the voice but it was blocked by flames, I got ready to jump through them when I was pulled back by a fireman.

“What are you doing?” I screeched, “you need to save her!” I struggled against his grip but he slowly started to pull me away.

I watched as Lilo was carried out on a stretcher into an ambulance and I struggled against the mask pressed against my face. When it was pulled back I jumped up “I need to see her!” I yelled, “I need to see Lilo!”

I couldn’t take it when I saw her in that hospital bed, I told her everything, and needless to say, she was mad at me. After a while, I was told to leave and the morning after my parents got a phone call saying she had passed away in the night. My world went spiralling into a black hole; I didn’t want to eat, do my school work or do anything. The world was nothing without Lilo, I couldn’t believe this had happened, why didn’t she tell me she’d be at school early? If only she’d told me, if only I hadn’t been so stupid!

One night I overheard my parents arguing about what they wanted to do with me, in the end, they both settled on taking me to the witch and erasing Lilo from my mind, so that I could live a good life in the future. I didn’t want to go but they forced me, I remember the witch being hesitant, but then she finally gave in, and then at the last moment I drank the potion she gave me and everything went fuzzy.

As the mist disappeared Kiah turned towards me, her eyes filled with horror.

“Why didn’t you tell me” she said in a small voice, she stalked her way towards me, her eyes icy and I prepared for a fight when suddenly she collapsed onto me, shaking and crying her eyes out, I hugged her gently as she slowly cried herself to sleep.
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 am

y̶͚̙̻̭̞̓͐̀́͆͘ȏ̸̧͙͇̰̹͉̰̘͙̮̒̽̀́̑́̇̀͌́̋̊͐̄͘̚͜͝͝ŭ̴̯́͌̓̔̓̌́̋̽̈̀͘͠͠ ̶̢̻̳̪̖͈͇̦̦̮̼̓f̶̧̗̭̣͈̜͕͍͉̲̻̖̯͓͛́̅͛̏̑̊̚͜͝ͅo̶̧̨̩̗͉̲͍̥̺͜͝ͅͅŗ̴̨̰̞̥̫̝̮̞̦͇̭̤̻̐͜ͅģ̶̗̯̰͕̱͌̌̓̅́̍̓̈̊̓̊̃́̎̒̈́͛͒͠ḗ̸̺̤̝̯̭͈̈́͋̋̄̈́̾́̉̈́͒̽͐͋͒̚͘͝͝t̴͎̳̟͖͖̣̣͈̠̫̙̮͂͛̂͊͜ ̴̧̲̹̻̹̥̱̘̥̲̜̺̼͐̍̂̓̕͠͝e̴̛͈̰̦̜͓̳̰̠͔̅͐͛̎̃̉v̴̨̘̼̖̙̳̤͕̺͉͌̏͌͂͗͐͊̀̀̈́e̷̡̮͎̯̜̫̬͕͙̘͐͆̊ř̸̛̦̹̫̝̲̭̭̱̊́̇̆̐̋̄̓̓̽̕̕͜͠͠͝y̷̧͇̝̮̩͍͓̜̠̜̏̉̽̄͆́͊͂͗̚t̷̨̢̢͚̤̜̘̰̖͇̪̦̣͔̞͎͇̐̄̎́̔̀̐͑̐͘h̶̢̧̝̦̥̯̱͍͔̔͒̓͊̓̆̓̓i̶̧͉̰̤̠̟͕͚̬̗̞͍͍̝̩͔̖̼͊̌͒̈́́̿͊̽̚̕͝n̶̢̛͉͈̫̙͚̩̘̥͚̞̩̪̝̠͔͂g̴̢̖̺͈͉͕̭̼̝̪̅̔̍̅̇̓͛͌͛̓͘͜͜͠

(This is an animatic)
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

The next few weeks were silent, Kiah hardly did anything but read the witch’s spell books, but she allowed me to feed her small bits of food, she wasn’t eating that much but it put me at ease to know she had a bit of food in her. She hardly went out. Her eyes were dead; they held no emotion at all. I thought this would go on forever until one day she finally went out, I found her in the pouring rain laying flowers by the witches grave, she barely acknowledged me as she walked right past me to the hill that overlooked the village.

She was staring into the distance, lost in thought; I edged closer to her and held out my umbrella, which broke her out of her trance.

“She was trying to protect me” her voice croaked from not speaking for days.

“The witch, I think she didn’t want to teach me the spell to protect me, it didn’t go so well didn’t it?” she chuckled darkly.
“Everyone’s plans failed.”

It went silent for a moment until she spoke again.

“Did you see anything?”

“What do you mean?” I tilted my head.

“Did you see what the spell was doing?”

“Yes, the clouds of mist were making shapes as they told the story.”

“How peculiar” she turned towards me.

“I saw it as a vision, yet the only thing that was made of clouds of mist was Lilo.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I can’t even remember what she looked like, the spell didn’t replace all of my memory I guess.”

Silence passed again.

“I loved her” she choked out.

“I loved Lilo, she was my everything, and then I’m the one that made her go away... I still don’t know how I’m going to live like that.”

“I guess you have to push through.”

“Did you know Lilo? Did you know me?”

I shook my head.

“I knew of you, but we never spoke, same goes for Lilo.”

“Were you there on the day?”

“No, I’d accidentally slept in and when I woke up my mother told me what had happened.”

“Does the village see me as a monster? Do they know what I’ve done?”

“They know what you’ve done, and they’re not that happy about it… but things can change!” I exclaimed.

“You can change! You’re already so different, Kiah!”

“But I’ve done something horrible” Kiah spat.

“I’ll never forgive myself for what I’ve caused.”

I frowned “you may not forgive yourself, but you need to move on one day.”
“I know! But it’s just too soon!” she faltered.

“And it’s just so hard” she mumbled.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry?” she asked me, panic flashed in her eyes, “you didn’t do anything.”

“I know” I assured her.

“It’s just… I don’t know how to help you, Kiah.”

Kiah smiled slightly “I don’t know either, but maybe we can find out together, as friends, you can help me move on, right?”

“I’ll try my best” I smiled weakly.

She stood up and held out a paw to help me up as well.

“I was thinking about what the witch said, and I think I want to become the new witch, but I don’t think I can face the village just yet, so I’ll need a helper.”

I laughed, “I thought I already was!”

I knew she was in pain, I knew that she was still upset, but I could see that she had accepted what she did, and that she was ready to face the consequences. I think Lilo would have been proud.

R̴̡̹̞̓̾̓̓͒̕ë̷̪̘̖́̑m̵̘͖̳̺̀̏͌̈́͜ͅē̷̺̾́m̷̖̅͆̓̊͜b̶̛̭̈́ͅȩ̵̫̪̰̅̑́̒ȓ̸̢̳̘̊̍̔̄ȩ̶̤̯̞̹͐̇d̴̝̲̺̄͑̿̌̓͛

shhh i'm just making it look cool
Last edited by Peppermint mist on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am

Í̴͙̤̱̉͑̃ͅ'̸̛͖͔̬͕͎̈̂͒̓͑m̸̭̏̒ ̷̠͂̈́́s̷̘͎͔̘̎õ̶͎̜̬̫͇̝r̷̮͉̐r̷͙͈͕̩̭̻̐̓̀̓ỹ̸̠̙̘̠͊

(Another animatic)
Peppermint mist