' { cak writing prompts - pls dnp

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

' { cak writing prompts - pls dnp

Postby w0ah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:45 am

MAY YOUR THOUGHTS ,
RUN WILD AND FREE!!
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

' { set prompts -

Postby w0ah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 am

strike = accomplished

( ━ ✰ describe a character's reaction to getting rejected
    ( ━ ✰ describe your deputy/beta/second messing up, big time.
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your group would react to a new type of prey in their
    territory.
    ( ━ ✰ describe a kit's/pup's/child's escapades on a normal day in your
    group.
    ( ━ ✰ describe your leader's least favorite task.
    ( ━ ✰ describe the most annoying patient your med cat/shaman/healer
    has dealt with.

( ━ ✰ describe how your cats/dogs/people react to a particularly
    beautiful sunset.
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your cats/dogs/people handle rain.
    ( ━ ✰ describe a favorite hangout of one of your cats/dogs/people.
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your group reacts when a small dog gets lost on
    your territory.
    ( ━ ✰ describe a place your group avoids.
    ( ━ ✰ describe the place everyone knows about, but they all think only
    they know about it.
    ( ━ ✰ describe the place all kits/pups/children sneak out to.
    ( ━ ✰ describe the most dangerous place in your territory.
    ( ━ ✰ describe the most beautiful place in your territory.
    ( ━ ✰ describe an odd quirk of one of your cats/dogs/person.
    ( ━ ✰ describe a single training session
    ( ━ ✰ describe a single patrol/hunt
    ( ━ ✰ describe what your group felt after a death
    ( ━ ✰ does your leader believe in their ancestors? Show them
    talking to a member of their group as to why or why not.

( ━ ✰ describe your group's reaction to a particularly violent
    storm
    ( ━ ✰ describe how you group appears to an outsider
    ( ━ ✰ describe a common negative trait found in your group
    xxxxxxxxx
    ( ━ ✰ describe one thing your group hates
    ( ━ ✰ describe an individual your group could never accept
    ( ━ ✰ describe the best way to get out of work in your group
    ( ━ ✰ describe your groups reaction to music
    ( ━ ✰ describe your groups funerary rites/what they do with their dead
    ( ━ ✰ describe your groups birthing rites/what they do with/for their
    newborn
    ( ━ ✰ describe an inside joke your group has
    ( ━ ✰ describe what your group does if a newborn dies
    ( ━ ✰ describe a young member's first love
    ( ━ ✰ describe the worst job in camp
    ( ━ ✰ describe an individual who is a favorite of the younger members
    ( ━ ✰ describe a younger individual who drives the older members crazy
    ( ━ ✰ describe the first snow/winter
    ( ━ ✰ imagine your group suddenly were invaded. describe the situation
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your group reacts to a natural phenomenon
    ( ━ ✰ describe the leader’s favorite member who IS NOT family
    ( ━ ✰ describe the most complicated relation between two members
    ( ━ ✰ describe the hardest choice your leader will have/had to make
    ( ━ ✰ describe a time when your group was desperate
    ( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if your leader and deputy/s all fell ill
    ( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if the med cat(s)/shaman(s)/healer(s)
    all disappeared
    ( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if your group had to change camps
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your deputy/s handle disrespect
    ( ━ ✰ describe the first time the med cat/shaman/healer failed to save
    a member
    ( ━ ✰ describe a member who is hiding a secret and what that secret is
    ( ━ ✰ describe how your group handles sickness
    ( ━ ✰ describe the easiest way for your group to catch prey
Last edited by w0ah on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

' { flexible prompts -

Postby w0ah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 am

strike = accomplished

( ━ ✰ "Please, leave him."
    ( ━ ✰ "I hope the dawn never comes."
    ( ━ ✰ "They never crossed the stream."
    ( ━ ✰ "Run to the moors."
    ( ━ ✰ "I hate to see you smile like that."
    ( ━ ✰ "Why do you never slow down?"
    ( ━ ✰ "Who told you so?"
    ( ━ ✰ "Fight me now. Before it's too late."
    ( ━ ✰ "There is only one poison that is its own remedy,
    and that is hope."
    ( ━ ✰ "I swear, there were five kits."
    ( ━ ✰ "Why do you listen to them?"
    ( ━ ✰ "Just....let me know."
    ( ━ ✰ "This doesn't change anything you know."
    ( ━ ✰ "He still cares."
    ( ━ ✰ "I never betrayed who I am."
    ( ━ ✰ "You know you want to."
    ( ━ ✰ "Just relax!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Please....I know him."
    ( ━ ✰ "You're about twenty seconds too late."
    ( ━ ✰ "And then, it appeared!"
    ( ━ ✰ I wish I had chosen a different path.
    ( ━ ✰ "I'm so sorry. There's no hope."
    ( ━ ✰ "Is there another way/path?"
    ( ━ ✰ "But.. you promised.."
    ( ━ ✰ "We do what we must because we can."
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ( ━ ✰ "For the good of us all."
    ( ━ ✰ "Death to the innocent ___!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Stop iiiiit.."
    ( ━ ✰ "Wait for me!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Shut. Up!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Please. This is an art form."
    ( ━ ✰ "They'll never see if coming..."
    ( ━ ✰ "Don't tell me you haven't thought it."
    ( ━ ✰ "No. Just. No. Never!"
    ( ━ ✰ "What? Why?"
    ( ━ ✰ "That is completely illogical."
    ( ━ ✰ "Never insult them again...!"
    ( ━ ✰ "There's always an excuse, isn't there?"
    ( ━ ✰ "She said he said you said they said she said he
    needed to leave."
    ( ━ ✰ "Stop messing with the tree and bite it!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Excuse me, but you're not actually in charge?"
    ( ━ ✰ "That... seems extreme?"
    ( ━ ✰ "I don't understand why you feel the need to
    keep talking."
    ( ━ ✰ "They're dead okay!? Gone!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Oh yes, do explain."
    ( ━ ✰ "Oh, I'm sure he was flying - that's logical!"
    ( ━ ✰ "Ugg, you idiot."
    ( ━ ✰ "Please... I shouldn't..."
    ( ━ ✰ "I loved you... but now I'm not sure..."
    ( ━ ✰ "Why are you always in the middle of it?"
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ━ ✰ does your leader believe in their ancestors?

Postby w0ah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:21 pm

( ━ ✰ 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠?
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xxxxx“I’d like to properly welcome you into the group, as I’ve realized I haven’t done very well at.” Chuckled the brute, tucking his chin into the groove of his chest. Kemuel smirked at this, but did not let out a word. He was a rather quiet brute, as Julian had noticed, but lenient and observant when it came to following orders given to him. There wasn’t much for him to do, anyways, as it was just the two brutes wandering around camp, and occasionally setting out on patrols. But besides that, Julian enjoyed the company of another dog, and hadn’t realized until a few days ago when he had come across Kemuel of how much he had missed it. Even the slight smirk that the other dog gave him filled the empty pit of his soul, of which had reminded him that he was lacking in companionship.

xxxxx“Is there really much you can say?” He asked, his voice quiet, but carrying an attractive gruff deepness to it. Julian smiled at this and tilted his head, eyes glancing away at a far-off object. “Actually, there is.”

xxxxx“Kemuel, in order to truly start this off and tell you what I need to tell, I must share with you a story.” The other brute held onto a questionable expression for a few seconds or so before he finally decided to nod in agreement. “Alright.”

xxxxx“When I used to live with my brother, around twenty moons ago, I encountered something different. It was a normal day like any other. We spent our time together hunting for the fun of it, and just relaxing while we were still young and without many worries.”

xxxxx“However, when hunting one evening, a faded-figure came to me from the shadows. I remember them to be in the shape of a rather large and slender dog, but they had no texture to their fur and were expressionless. This dog was not a living or breathing creature - this was a spirit.” Julian seemed rather breathless at this, and he looked into Kemuel’s eyes with a seriousness that he had never witnessed before. Kemuel kept his expression neutral, but the awe managed to show through anyway. His eyes never left Julian’s as he waited for him to continue on with the tale.

xxxxx“I managed to find out this figure was a female, but she was not a mortal like the rest of us…. she was immortal, a goddess. Her name is Idyn, and she told me something that has stuck with me my entire life since that day; A journey like no other lies ahead of you, Julian. Set out on your greatest wishes, and conquer your fears... they may just lead you to what is wanted.

xxxxxKemuel pondered this statement for a few seconds or so, before he nodded in realization. “She is what our group is named after, and she is what lead you to want to lead.” The brute let out. Julian smiled and nodded, his eyes casting upward toward the darkening sky. “I’ve learned much more about Idyn, and all the others that are constantly surrounding us. They come to me in my dreams, visions, and even shadowy apparitions from time to time.”

xxxxxJulian looked over to Kemuel and sent him a curt nod in acknowledgement. “The reason I wanted to tell you this is because you have a very important role among us. As our herbalist, I’m sure you’ll be visited by Idyn and the others as well.” Kemuel nodded and focused back on the Chancellor, a smile appearing on his maw. “I’ll teach you and the others more as time goes on, but, for now, this story is all that I can offer you..”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( words ) 613
      ( characters ) julian, the chancellor, & kemuel, the herbalist
      ( submitted ) 4/21
      ( edited ) 4/21
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ━ ✰ describe the most annoying dog your herbalist has...

Postby w0ah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:00 am

( ━ ✰ 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ.

xxxxxIt was an early morning, the usual time of when the two brutes were just awakening from their relaxing slumber. Kemuel chuckled to himself in the silence, as Julians snoring when he was deep into sleep was quite amusing. Standing from his nest, the mountain dog lowered his nose and nudged the leader’s shoulder. “Julian, wake up.”

xxxxxThe stabyhoun stirred almost instantly, his eyes flicking open and adjusting to the morning sun. His pupils dilated as they took in the light, then glanced back toward Kemuel and his large figure. “Morning.” He huffed. Although Kemuel had proven to be a silent soul, he had opened up to Julian and had been rather chipper lately. He was definitely a morning dog, as Julian had called him, while he was the exact opposite himself. The leader groaned and rolled over onto his other side, facing away from the healer.

xxxxx“Don’t ignore me.” Kemuel woofed sharply. He trotted over onto his other side and nudged his flank several times. “You’ve got to be the chancellor, no matter the time of day.” Julian huffed through his nose in response and let out a heaving sigh of annoyance. He slowly rose onto his paws and let an obnoxiously loud yawn escape his lips. “I didn’t realize I’d lose sleep with you around…” He chuckled.

xxxxxKemuel shook his head and turned away silently, heading toward the large wooden door with a hole in its center, of which the two used as an entrance and an exit. “I’ll meet you out.” He barked quietly, and out the door he went. Julian watched his herbalist leave the den from the corner of his eye before he started heading toward an open window of the upper level. The tower they took residence in was rather large, and had a spiral staircase winding up the center. On the upper level was a window that proved to be a perfect spot to look out over the gardens and observe. Although there wasn’t much to see at the moment, Julian knew this window would be of use when his kennel had more occupants. Toward the left he could see Kos, where many would gather and chatter in safety. On the right, a little farther back, he could see the domums where the others would use as their homes and for shelter. The brute could imagine it all in his head, even as he looked out among the empty gardens that lacked its kingdom.

xxxxx“More will join us, Idyn, I promise.” Julian murmured, his eyes landing on the structure toward the center of the gardens, of which withheld the statue where he had contacted the goddess before. “Strangers are attracted to your light, whether they realize it or not, and I know the numbers will flock to us in no time at all.”

xxxxxJulian and the large mountain dog walked side-by-side, passing a wide, ivy-covered column before entering Kos. Kemuel dipped his head in a form of respect and pushed past the ivy to enter the building. The stabyhoun followed behind, his nose pushing through the long vines that guarded the grand entrance. As they stepped inside, the sound of their nails clicking against the stone floor filled the empty space, echoing off of the tall ceilings. The pair kept silent as they entered, still failing to get over the awe that entranced them each time they entered. However, in this case, Julian decided to speak up.

xxxxx“I haven’t learned much about you, Kem.” He pleasantly sighed. “Where were you from before you even came to me?” Kemuel seemed puzzled by this question from the brute. He furrowed his brows and glanced to the dog at his side, as if wondering in his head ‘why would he want to know?’. “I don’t think there is much to say about me, Julian. I’ve always been a healer, a shaman, and now an herbalist.” He chuckled lightly, stopping before the stairs that lead over the bridge.

xxxxxJulian shook his head, lifting his paw and placing it on the first step. “If you’ve always been a healer, and I’m sure a good one, tell me more about your experiences.” He stated. The brute turned away and started making his way onto the bridge, his tail swaying behind him. “Maybe I’ll tell you a bit about me too.” Kemuel nodded and trotted up behind the chancellor, meeting him on the bridge. The two sat side by side and looked over Kos, as Julian turned his head to the other and gave him a look, beckoning him to go on.

xxxxx“Before I came to join you, I lived with my mother and my two sisters.” He began, returning Julian’s gaze. “My mother had been banished from her previous group and gave birth to us. She was a healer, and the pack she had come from had a strict law against any romances with the healers. So, when others realized that my mother was pregnant, they kicked her out.”

xxxxx“As we all began to grow from pups into adolescents, my mother strived to teach us her healing abilities. She was a very skilled and experienced healer, known for her work by many. I’m not sure if I inherited her level of skill, but I can say I learned from the best.” Julian nodded as the brute spoke, looking away as a frog leaped from the pond and onto a lily-pad. “I remember one time, while traveling around a kennel’s border in order to avoid encountering their patrols, we came across a rather ill and elderly dog.” Kemuel began to chuckle lightly to himself. “He was a handful.”

xxxxxJulian smirked and looked back toward the brute, raising an eyebrow. “Ever heard of respecting your elders?” He inclined. Kemuel shook his head and laughed once more, looking over to his companion. “No no, not like that. There was just something really strange about this guy.” He sighed with a slight annoyance, as if looking back at this memory was a trouble in itself. “My mother and I kindly decided to help him, but we all soon regretted it. This dog would complain, complain, and complain.” Julian shook his head and peered over the railing, watching a few birds outside. “Still, he’s just an old man.”

xxxxxKemuel huffed and glanced away, looking down to his large paws. “Trust me, if you were there, you would feel exactly the same.” The leader laughed at this shook his head once more, lowering his head to rest it on the railing. “Tisk tisk.” He murmured.

( words ) 1081
      ( characters ) julian, the chancellor, & kemuel, the herbalist
      ( submitted ) 4/21
      ( edited ) 4/21 - may be revised once more
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me