I Refuse to Call This a Diary, This is a TREE!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What Do You Want To See More Of?

Romance!
27%
Action!
No votes
Mystery!
8%
Humor!
19%
Other! (Comment What If You Choose This)
No votes
All Of The Above!
46%

Total votes : 26

Re: I Refuse to Call This a Diary, This is a TREE!

Postby *~Pantherleaf~* » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:45 am

*twitch*
Did I hear "update"?
✹ тнe qυιeтeѕт people ✹

textextextextextextextext

Links;;

LeafClanPineClanFleaf AdoptsCharries

✹ нave тнe loυdeѕт мιndѕ. ✹
*~Pantherleaf~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:21 pm

*~Pantherleaf~* wrote:*twitch*
Did I hear "update"?

>> *Weird eyebrow wiggle* Maaaaaaybe...

While I'm here, I figured I'd ask: do you guys want a thread explaining the lore and stuff in more detail? It's essentially the same as everything in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters universe, but it would probably be easier on you guys if I summed it up and used the terms I made up for it. Thoughts?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:45 pm

p a r a в a т a ι. wrote:
While I'm here, I figured I'd ask: do you guys want a thread explaining the lore and stuff in more detail? It's essentially the same as everything in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters universe, but it would probably be easier on you guys if I summed it up and used the terms I made up for it. Thoughts?[/size][/list]

I'd like that! And an update, too! ;)
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:59 pm

>> Excellent, a post is underway! Meanwhile, have a snippet (contains no spoilers, for those who care), which also explains a bit about the lowlanders.

The Shade World consists of many different creatures; many are from the classic monster movies you've probably watched, and the others more... Special. This kind of ties into what I said earlier: all the stories are true. Which they are, but the logic isn't all the same. Garlic on a vampire? Please. They'll just ignore it and try to kill you, if you're on their territory. Oh, speaking of territory... The lowlanders (who are the residents of the Shade World) generally like to reside in more secluded areas of town, or the downtown region. In Brooklyn, there's this group of vamps that stay in an abandoned hotel. We have a sort of pact with the Lowlanders called the Rapports, which Batille and Tosh touched on earlier. Basically, we can't hurt them, and they can't hurt us. The only exceptions would be if someone entered vampire or werewolf territory without permission, or if a lowlander goes rogue and starts breaking Laws and killing people. Normal people can't see the Shade World, not if they don't have the Sight. Some prosaics have a bit of it and can see some flashes, but otherwise it's limited to lowlanders and Shadechasers. Even then, some Shadechasers are born Blind, or without the Sight. It's a rare thing, but they simply need a Mark to help them out with it.

Stay tuned for more... I'll try to make updates more frequent (though, knowing me, I can't make any promises)!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lambsbite » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Can I join the tree? (Waffles?)

Picture:
Pet's Name: Karasu
Hobbies: books, stalking people
Personality: She's often very excited and precarious, but she is always cautious around others she doesn't know and at times can be serious.
Other: Boop!
I'm only in it for the pets rn tbh
He/They/Xe/It
Only active when I remember this exists lol.

lambsbite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 am

SpiritsEclipse wrote:Can I join the tree? (Waffles?)

Picture:
Pet's Name: Karasu
Hobbies: books, stalking people
Personality: She's often very excited and precarious, but she is always cautious around others she doesn't know and at times can be serious.
Other: Boop!

Accepted! I'll have her be a prosaic.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Holy Water Blessing

Postby rocoboq » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 am

A/N: Hey, guys! I am so terribly sorry for the wait; things got busy for a while and I totally forgot about this. I will be closing character submissions. So sorry!

Hey, Tree.
Hm... It looks like there's not many pages left in you, so I hope we finish this up soon. Plus, we need to save Izzy. I've said that a lot, haven't I?
Anyways, we just arrived at the nearest Good Woof.

Skyler: OK, I'm not taking all of you in with me. Only one. Mace?
Me: Alright. You guys, stay here. Watch the car.
Aiden and Kaydin didn't look overly pleased with not coming in, but stayed in the car nonetheless.
Before we entered the store, Skyler stopped me.

Skyler: Just... Let me do the talking. I'm not sure how... Social you guys are.
Me: Fine, but make it quick.
She was right, we don't really make much contact with prosaics, despite the fact that it is our mandate to protect them. We like to limit our business to the residents Shade World.
We entered the shop and it just looked so... Mundane. No weapons, no nothing. Just clothes and a bunch of other junk.
Skyler lead me over to the jewelry section, where we looked for a rosary.

Skyler: *Points at necklace that is apparently a rosary* There's one. *Looks at store clerk* Excuse me, Miss?
Clerk: Yeah, kid? Make it quick.
Me: Don-
Skyler: *Steps on my paw* Sorry. What he was going to say, was that we would like to look at that rosary, right there.
Clerk: That piece of junk? Alright, then. *Brings it out of glass case and sets on counter* Four bucks.
Me: Can't we ju-
Skyler: Thanks for your time, Miss. I think we'll take it.
Well. Thanks for letting me talk. What a blast.
At least we got the darned thing. I picked it up as Skyler gave a twenty-dollar bill to the clerk, who eyed it and her suspiciously, but gave us the change we were owed.
We exited the store - which was a relief, by the way. That place smelled just like my prosaic grandmother. Aiden and Kaydin were still sitting where they were, but they had rock music blaring on the radio.

Me: Mind turning it down? The whole block doesn't need to know you like this kind of music.
Aiden mumbled something and turned it down, and moved to the back seat as I sat down in the driver's seat. I hopped into the driver's seat as Skyler sat down next to me, and we sped off to a place where we could do this without looking like freaks - which we kind of are, in prosaic's eyes.
I pulled up to a warehouse and everyone got out.

Me: Still have that blessing, Aiden?
Aiden: Yeah, right here. *Pulls ancient-looking paper out of pocket* Where's the water bottle?
Kaydin searched one of the bags in the trunk and came back holding a bottle of water.
Kaydin: Right here.
Skyler: Well, let's get this show on the road! Who's gonna do it?
Aiden: I will; I'm the one who found the blessing in the first place.
He skimmed through the page, and saw written in fading ink a shortened version. He searched the bags for something, and came back with a small thing of salt.
Aiden: I thought this may come in handy. So basically I put the rosary into the water, then as I say this Latin thing I sprinkle salt for some reason into the water and bam - holy water.
Me: Alright, let's do it then.
Aiden: Alright, but some of it is really faded, and I can't make it out very well. I'll try, though.
He grabbed the rosary from Skyler and water bottle from Kaydin, then sat on the ground. He dunked the cross part of the rosary into the bottle - which had a pretty large opening - after unscrewing the lid.
Aiden: *Sprinkles salt into bottle while talking* Exorcizo te, creatura aquae. In nomine... dei patris omni...potentis et in virtute spiritus sancti!
We all looked at the bottle, expecting to see something - anything - happen. Nothing did.
Kaydin: Let's, uh, just hope it worked and move on. What else do we need again?
Me: The saliva of a Greater Demon and the blood of an angel.
Skyler: Woah, wait, Greater Demon? Angel? 1. Those are real?!?!?! 2. How are we supposed to get those?!?!?!
Kaydin: They're very real, but I have a source that may have them.
He pulled out his cell phone and walked away so we couldn't hear his conversation. When he returned, he looked somewhat satisfied.
Skyler: Well?
Kaydin: My source has the saliva, but not the blood. Ro- I mean, he says he may know an easy way to get the blood, though.
Me: Alright, where's this source of your's?
Kaydin: You're not gonna like it, but... His shop is located in the Shade World section of town.
Aiden: I don't see the problem with this... Let's just go. We don't have much time to waste.
Kaydin: Alright, then I get to drive.
Me: *sigh* Fine. Let's go.
We all exited the old warehouse, and Skyler hesitantly followed. I felt kind of bad for her because she was something of a fourth wheel, but she was helpful in translating the regular world for us. We piled into the car, this time with Kaydin in the driver's seat, and sped off. I guess while we're driving, I can give you some more information on the Shade World. Maybe when Izzy reads this, she'll learn a bit.
The Shade World consists of many different creatures; many are from the classic monster movies you've probably watched, and the others more... Special. This kind of ties into what I said earlier: all the stories are true. Which they are, but the logic isn't all the same. Garlic on a vampire? Please. They'll just ignore it and try to kill you, if you're on their territory. Oh, speaking of territory... The lowlanders (who are the residents of the Shade World) generally like to reside in more secluded areas of town, or the downtown region. In Brooklyn, there's this group of Vamps that stay in an abandoned hotel. We have a sort of pact with the Lowlanders called the Rapports, which Batille and Tosh touched on earlier. Basically, we can't hurt them, and they can't hurt us. The only exceptions would be if someone entered vampire or werewolf territory without permission, or if a lowlander goes rogue and starts breaking Laws and killing people. Normal people can't see the Shade World, not if they don't have the Sight. Some prosaics have a bit of it and can see some flashes, but otherwise it's limited to lowlanders and Shadechasers. Even then, some Shadechasers are born Blind, or without the Sight. It's a rare thing, but they simply need a Mark to help them out with it.
Wow, that was a lot of information... Anyways, we just arrived at the store.

Skyler: I thought we were going to some weird shop with some freaky mojo, not a closed-up antiques store?
Aiden: Give it a couple of seconds...
She gave him a confused look, but focused in on the building. After a few seconds, when Skyler appeared astonished, I could tell she could finally see the place for its true... Not-so-glorious glory. There wasn't much of an improvement from what she saw. It was still old and sort of falling apart, but there weren't boards over the windows and the sign said "Fjergn's Eccentric Oddities," which was what the shop was called.
Skyler: Whoa... What in the world was that? And what kind of a name is Fjergn?
Kaydin: Er, Fjergn's the name of the old owner; he was a pixie. And that was a glamour, which is what helps to hide the Shade World from the normal world.
Skyler: Okay... Not even gonna question that...
Kaydin: Alright, come on, let's just get the saliva and finish this.
We all got out of the car and Kaydin led the way into the store.
It was a strange place; not somewhere I'd ever been. There was prosaic junk all over the place; globes, paintings, stones, lamps, even some small statues. You name it, it was probably there. Kaydin seemed oddly at ease there, almost as though he was regular. Though if the girl at the checkout counter recognized him, she certainly didn't reveal it.
Once the group was inside, Kaydin confronted the girl I mentioned.

Girl: The name's Amelia, how may I help you?
Kaydin: Nice out today, isn't it? I'll need a yellow bandana as well as a deck of cards.
I glanced at Aiden, a confused expression on my face. He looked rather puzzled as well, but the both of us placed our trust in Kaydin. Skyler was strangely silent.
Amelia: We're fresh out of yellow bandanas, how's black?
Kaydin: That'll do just fine.
The girl nodded before retreating through the opening in the wall behind her.
Kaydin: Let's go.
He promptly followed Amelia back behind the counter and through the opening, disappearing once he turned. I looked at the others, shrugged, and followed.
The back area was so much cleaner and definitely looked more like somewhere Shadechasers like ourselves would be. There were all sorts of interesting relics on shelves, all of which derived from the Shade World. There were also some weapons, most notably our swords made of lamasdo.
I looked back to see the other two had followed, Skyler right behind Aiden. She seemed to be in awe at the sight of the room, but still said nothing. It was as though she was trying to remember something, but was having some difficulty.

Kaydin: Rodrigo, it's good to see you again.
Image Image
A dog I hadn't even noticed poked his head out from behind a pile of books. Amelia was standing next to him, and whispered something into his ear.
Rodrigo: Kaydin! The same goes for you. I hope my daughter Scarlet didn't give you and your friends any trouble?

TO BE CONTINUED

Next (TBA)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:That_Potato:. » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:14 am

Idefinitelywasn'tstalkingthis
quit.
.:That_Potato:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~Pantherleaf~* » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:59 pm

:)
✹ тнe qυιeтeѕт people ✹

Links;;

LeafClanPineClanFleaf AdoptsCharries

✹ нave тнe loυdeѕт мιndѕ. ✹