*-Novice Writing Corner-*

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

*-Novice Writing Corner-*

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:45 am

Hi there and welcome to my writing corner where I will write short stories and poems
I am still a newbie when it comes to writing so I am looking to keep writing and developing my skills.
Do not hesitate to leave feedback and any comments.
Last thing to add feel free to show me your work.
Last edited by ultrakittyquinn on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Till We Meet - Short Poem

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:53 am

Dear Friend,
One day we shall meet,
And when we do we shall embrace the joy of our first encounter,
Embracing ourselves with warm hugs,
One day,
In time,
We shall meet.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Injured

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:09 am

I was woken up by my cabin mate who was bunking with me, John Smith looked at me with a silly grin. “C’mon lad time to get to work on the ship, the captain would not be impressed with us of we are not upon the deck right this moment.” I stared at John sleepily “Yeah...yeah…” I yawned as I exited out of my bed. “I shall get ready, I will be on the deck as soon as I can. I meet you up there” I watched as John nodded at me before he hurriedly exited the cabin room.

As I was getting ready to head up onto the deck I heard some shouting upon the deck, exiting out of the room and rushing up the creaky wooden stairs I saw the sight that was held before me. Shipmates were rushing around heading to the cannons but it was too late, close by to our ship was a government ship U.S.S Beagle, It was much bigger than ours and a lot better condition than ours too. I ran up towards the captain who was giving orders to fire the cannons at the ship. The captain turned around his green eyes stared at mine “Don’t just stand there help John with the rear cannons!” The captain ordered with his thick scottish accent. I nodded and hurried over to John.

John noticed me coming over as he was setting up the cannon to blast at the ship “Calvin help me by bringing me some cannonballs over here so I can get these idiots” I nodded as I headed over to the stock to grab a cannon ball. These things are quite heavy and can only be brought over one at a time, few moments passed I have been running back and forth to John helping him with the cannon as he blast them at the ship however we was not doing enough damage. The boat came closer towards us and their ship men headed on board our ship.

John headed by my side, he has always been quite tall and stocky which was good as he was able to lift heavy things easily and able to reached things better than I but he has always been a good friend to me ever since I have been on this ship. We both watched as swordsmen began to draw out their swords and began to attack. The captain ordered us all to grab a sword and to fight back, me and John was fast enough to grab a decent long sword and began to attack the enemy.

The battle seemed to last for a while, the hot sun was blazing down upon us all, beads of sweat was running down my face, I was fighting against a small bloke just slightly smaller than I. “You pirate scum should not be allowed on these seas” He growled at me. I smiled I knew the consequences in being a pirate but I enjoy sailing the seas and discovering treasures and seeing new places. I was in deep thought whilst battling this man, I manage to push him off the deck when all of a sudden I heard a scream of pain behind me, John had a sword being pierced in his shoulder blade. “Nooo!” I screamed out loud charging at the lanky enemy managing to pierce through his chest watching him fall down onto the deck.

I rushed over to John checking to see if he was okay, he was sat on the deck blood running down from his shoulder blade he was injured quite badly but nothing serious or life threatening, I quickly tended to his injury feeling a bit concerned hoping I did the dressing right “Thank you” john muttered as he looked upon me “Are you sure you are going to be alright, It does look pretty bad” I said with a small smile as I watched the government's men fleeing from our ship. John nodded “I should be, It is not the first I had injuries like this, I mean remember the battle against Six Nations, their captain was such a fat guy.” I chuckled at him. I knew becoming a pirate can have a cost, you never going to be safe on these seas, everyone has their own battle scars and injuries, heck I have gotten 2 scars one on my left arm where a enemy dug his sword into my arm and the other was my mistake which was located on my foot. “Well they have gone for now lads…..now back to work” The captain shouted at us all, I helped John up onto his feet and began to get back to work. Which was to clean the ship.

╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

You

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:30 am

You

You with the Softest eyes;
The brightest smile;
The kind heart;
And the sweetest voice.

You don’t know it,
You don’t see it,
How amazing you really are,
My friend,

Life will be hard,
Don’t we all know it,
But I will be there,
To lend an ear.

Though you don’t know,
How you impacted my life,
You are unique,
You are a you.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Man Who Runs

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:48 am

He has spent so many days and nights running,
Running away from something big.
He has lost so many,
So many he could of saved.
Though no one really knows what goes through his head,
the thoughts of those screaming him for help,
Those that follow him through the dangers,
Knows the risk that they are taking.
But there was one,
The impossible girl,
The girl who was a lot braver than he was,
The girl who he had to forget.
He had to leave her,
For all she is worth,
She is much safer without him,
The man who runs.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *-Novice Writing Corner-*

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:29 am

We all watched as the sun began to set, slowly revealing the blackness of the night sky. John turned to face me “Beautiful isn’t it. this night sky.” I agree it was a beautiful sight especially at sea. I watched and listened to the other crew members on the U.S.S Beagle chatting away, all seemed to be happy after the long day of hard work, It made me smile knowing the friendship we all have made together on this ship. It was a great life to live.

After a while of chatting away I was feeling sleepy, I said goodnight to everyone before heading to my bunk, it was not much just a small hammock with a few personal things of mine by my side and a picture of my dear girlfriend Cassandra who I do missed deeply. I began to lay in my hammock with the picture of my girlfriend in my hands. I remember the first time we met, It was at a celebration event for someone important I did not know who really and there she was, standing on the fields with her soft blonde hair which was tied up in a neat bun, her blue eyes looked at mine and she gave the most wonderful smile. After that we just started to talk and since then we been together.

I began to close my eyes and softly fell asleep.
I began to dream that I was back there, back at the port signing myself up to become a crewman for the U.S.S Beagle, I was nervous but also excited as I wanted to travel ever since I was a small child, I was 20 at the time when I signed myself up, I was one of the youngest there. I remember Cassandra kept telling me to stay at home I be much safer but my urge for an adventure and to see the seas was much stronger. The captain was quite happy to have me on board “Glad to have someone young as yourself joining, what is it that you wish to seek in all of this boy?” I remember him asking “I want to see new things, to see the full beauty of the sea and I want to see the world, captain” I smiled. Suddenly the boat rocked hard and I fell out of my hammock.

I opened my eyes feeling quite a daze from being knocked onto the wooden floor, suddenly John rushed in with a worried look in his face, I have never seen John so worried and scared before. He helped me onto my feet “She is sinking, we need to get off the ship. We did not noticed we was hit earlier, stupid as it sounds but the leak is spreading and slowly sinking the ship we need to go now.” John said as I grabbed some of my stuff “Come on let’s go” I said to John.

We both exited out from where our bunks where, I could feel the boat rocking back and forth. I stood and watched others trying to find a way to fixed the ship but water was filling up quite fast, I saw the captain standing behind his wheel, the look of sadness filled his face. It was his ship, his lady after all. John looked at me and I looked back at him before quickly heading up to the wheel “Captain you need to come on board the emergency boats” John said with determination but deep inside I know the captain would rather sink with the ship. “John, you go I will stay here with the captain…”I softly said to my dear friend “But you will die here” John scream sounding quite upset “Yes, I will die here John but I will die here with the ship and with the captian….I will die at sea the sea I loved and remember the most...I am sorry John….please...go and tell Casandra if she ever gets sad just look out onto the sea as that is where I will be” I watched as I saw small tears coming from John’s eyes, he nodded at me before giving me a hug “You always have been brave” he whispered before taking my belongings leaving me with my picture of Cassandra “Farewell friend” I shouted watching him getting on a smaller boat with one of the crew members. The ship kept on flooding, the weight of the water was bringing it down “You where something my boy, I glad I had the honour in letting you aboard my ship and fighting alongside you” I smiled standing proud as the ship began to sank feeling the freezing cold water touching my skin, my last thoughts was the first time I was aboard the U.S.S Beagle.
Last edited by ultrakittyquinn on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Father

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:21 am

Father

It was the year 1965, I was sat in a american diner, looking at my watch it read quarter past ten. It was quite late everyone around me was having a good time with their loved ones, me on the other hand well, my father he was too busy doing his own thing which me and the rest of us have no idea what he been up to for the past 6-7 months. I gave a soft sigh as I sipped on my hot black cup of coffee feeling the taste burning my tongue. Looking outside the dim window of the diner, snow was falling softly onto the pavement, very few cars where on the road tonight.

After a while a took another glance at my watch, it was ten to eleven, my father was late again. Just as I was about to get up, a man appeared through the door, his dark brown trench coat covered in specks of snow and his brown hat was covering his head, the man turned and looked at me with a smile before heading over to me opening his arms for a hug. I hugged him "You are late again dad what kept you up?" I let go of the embrace and stared at him sternly "Look son, I know I have been late recently and not been home in a while but I have things catching up with me and I do not want you and your mother getting involved,I wish I could tell you but It is serious business son, I am bringing in the money ain't I" we both took a seat in the booth that I was previously drinking my coffee in, I can't deny that, my father has been making us quite comfortable with the money he has been bringing in however this begs me the question what on earth is he doing to make so much money.

We both sat and talked whilst drinking quite a few cups of coffee to the point I was getting sick of this burnt taste, I looked at my father and gave a small smile, you can tell that he is ageing with his grey brows and the crow feet near his eyes also looking at the man you can tell he has not slept well with the dark bags underneath his eyes "Please come home for Christmas dad" I said with a bit of worry in my voice "Mum would love you to be home too". My father looked at me and smiled "I can only try, promise me you will look after her son if something bad ever happened to me" He looked at his empty cup and then back at me with his hazel eyes "Dad is there something the matter that you ain't telling me?" I asked I knew there was something up and I know that he will not tell me. "Please don't worry son, my matters is not important as long as you and your mother are safe that is all I care about" He begun to get out of his seat "Come and take a walk with me" He gestured me to follow him out of the diner.

I wrapped myself with my jacket and my scarf, the coldness hit me unexpectedly walking by my fathers side listening to the sound of the snow crunching beneath my feet. "Listen, there is something I need to give to you" my father said as he walked closer to me "Open it when you are alone and alone only, promise me that" I gave a odd look at him at first but then silently agreed to it "Good" he said as he handed me a brown envolope, I placed it inside my pocket for safe keeping so I could read it later. It was all so silent outside with only noises of the occasional car and laughter of jolly men and women enjoying their night. we continued on walking through the snowy streets with dimly lit lamppost guiding our path, I thought I could hear someone following behind us, I gave a quick glance round, nothing, just empty streets and snow. I turned back around and look at my father, he seemed sad almost like he knew something was going to happen. I stop in my tracks "Look dad, what is going on" I watched him walked a little further before stopping and turning around "I am sorry son." he said softly and then all of a sudden the was a bang out of nowhere, I stood in shock watching my father falling to the ground red crimson blood was exiting out of his chest and onto the snow "DAD" I yelled looking around for the shooter "I WILL GET YOU" I screamed with anger, I knelt beside my fathers side hot tears falling from my face. I knew I will have to find this person who did this and when I do payback is sweet
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Little bird

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:56 am

Little Bird

Oh little bird how you look so bright,
Your wings shine in the bright light,
Oh little bird how your chirps makes me smile,
Your small beak chirping away.
Oh little bird you flew so high,
Disappearing into the sky.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Exploit

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Exploit

It has been a week since my father's death, I was alone in my reasonable comfortable room. I heard a small tap on my bedroom door and a small voice "David, you been up in your room for 3 days. Please come down and eat something." It was my mother, she has been trying to keep herself stable, the death of my father and her husband, I am all she has left. I sighed as I rolled myself out of my double bed and headed out of my room.

My mother was sat at the kitchen table with a newspaper in her hands, her soft brown hair was in a messy bun. She looked like she has not slept properly in weeks. I feel so sorry for her and I knew I must look after her as I do not want to lose her too. I approached the small rounded kitchen table and said "Mother, why don't you get some rest, you look like you about to collapse" she looked at me with her dull green eyes and gave a soft smile "I will, I just want to make sure you were eating, did not want you to starve yourself son" she looked away and glanced at her newspaper before taking a sip from her mug. I headed over to the kitchen counter were there was some freshly made sandwiches which had corn beef on them "Thanks mum" I leaned against the counter taking a small bite out of the sandwich. I watched as my mother smiled as she got up from were she was sat and headed upstairs. Hopefully she will get some rest I thought to myself.

After a while, I picked up the brown envelope which I had kept in my jacket pocket. I have not even opened it ever since my father's death, did not seemed right. I took a pause before I headed back over to the kitchen table and took a seat on the small brown wooden chair. I felt the smooth texture of the brown envelope in my hands, I open it up and pulled out what seemed to be a handwritten letter :

Dear Son,
If you are reading this then I would of been dead by now,
I know you have many questions left unanswered and your mother getting all worried about you.

The first thing is where I been getting all this money from, well to tell you the truth I joined up with the local gangsters who runs the bar just across the road from the diner we always went to. Now please do not get angry I know what you are like I have raised you for the past 18 years. I am sorry I have not been there for you or for your mother in the past year but we needed the money for food and to live nicely.

Secondly, this is important son. Keep your mother safe as they may come after her and yourself. Move if you need to and keep yourself undercover. One thing I can tell you, Gary Kingsmen is notorious be wary of him, he is a no good crook who had murdered people for money and well....I... I did too....please do not get angry.

Lastly please if you can, exploit these crooked men for what they really are...take them down if you need to. Otherwise it could get worse.

I love you and your mother always,
From your loving father.

I felt angry and sad, how could he get himself into a situation like that. I could not tell Mother about it either without her acting up. I know what I will have to do to exploit them. I will have to go undercover and blend in with them. I rushed out of the door grabbing my coat which was hanging on the doorway, snow was settled on the ground, people was hurriedly doing last minuet shopping. I headed over to the diner and sat down at one of the empty booths which window was facing the bar. This is where I will wait..I shall wait till it gets late and then enter. I will take them down...even if it means risking my life as long as I can protect my mother that all that matters. I will exploit each and every one of them crooked men. I looked at my watch at the time, it was currently 5:00 pm, just four more hours to go. I ordered a hot coffee and began to sit there and await my time.
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items