{ INKLINGS } LOCK! NEW THREAD

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What do you write?

I don't. I just read.
3%
Poetry
14%
Short stories
24%
Juvenile/Children's books
6%
Young adult/Teen fiction
35%
Adult
13%
Non-fiction
5%

Total votes : 272

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby tooru » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 pm

dannys77 wrote:
        Would anyone be interested in reading a short story about two oc's? It does contain some triggers, PM me if you'd like too. c:

The three who've read it so far really like it - anyone else? ;u;
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ooru.

OIKAWA

[ kiddos, kals ]

it's n o t t h e
p a in they're
g e tting over,
it's the l o v e.

𝔻 𝔸 𝕌 ℕ 𝕋
☀ ☀ 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xcall x me x an xaddict
xto xxx your xx electric

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xwe'll never lose xfaith
xnever forget this taste

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tooru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suhø » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

I want to join, but should I wait since this thread is close to being reposted due to length?

(Just being cautionary)

▬▬▬[ ᴛɪᴄᴋ ᴛᴏᴄᴋ ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VIXX - Concept Kings of kpop
Song: Voodoo Doll [x]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
█████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- link one - link two -
- link three - link four -
© credit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
#VIXXinCanada
-Oct. 27th, Toronto-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████
Suhø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Lord of Lothlórien wrote:I want to join, but should I wait since this thread is close to being reposted due to length?

(Just being cautionary)

I think I might jsut delete like half of the list soon (poeple not active on here, etc.) so I'd just wait ;)
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercury.Muses » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:03 pm

I've been here for awhile and Ive never filled out a form for being a member x'D But I will when we get a new thread. I'm sick as a dog and my writing spirit has died with my soul. I've been reduced to bedrest and the longer I lay here I feel like its more and more my deathbed x-x
Signature under construction.

Hey! Will you help me decide on a new username? http://www.strawpoll.me/10382494/r Vote here!
Mercury.Muses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 am

I want to enter into this writing competition thing my school is doing, and I have plenty of ideas, but absolutely no inspiration. I only have a bit over two weeks left, I haven't started writing at all yet, and it needs to be at least three pages. Does anyone have any suggestion for how to get the inspiration?

Also, a question.
Code: Select all
[b]What do you think of using big words in your writing?[/b]

My answer
What do you think of using big words in your writing?

It depends on the writing. I literally used the word 'inhibit' in an essay I was writing for school today, and pretty much anything serious I write has words like that. When I'm writing fiction though, I prefer not to use large words, as I don't want to scare the reader away or make them spend longer reading the dictionary than my writing. Then there's dialogue, where it depends on the character. Generally though, I stay away from large words because characters don't asseverate, they say.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 am

Aliria wrote:I want to enter into this writing competition thing my school is doing, and I have plenty of ideas, but absolutely no inspiration. I only have a bit over two weeks left, I haven't started writing at all yet, and it needs to be at least three pages. Does anyone have any suggestion for how to get the inspiration?

-snip-

How I usually get inspiration is either by reading (which I guess is rather obvious) or watching a movie/TV show that has excellent writing and good characters. Also music. Sometimes music helps my creative juices flowing. Oh, and just thinking about various plots and such as I fall asleep. LOL, guess I have more than one way to get inspiration for a story.

What do you think of using big words in your writing?

Well, being naturally good at language (at least, that's what everybody tells me XD) I find big words easy to come by and I quite like them. Of course, that question depends on your definition of "big" when it comes to words. Which I guess means that some words others may find big, I find small and simple. Also, when I do write poetry (which is incredibly rare) I will almost always use big words over small, probably because I think it sounds better.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: { INKLINGS } LOCK! NEW THREAD

Postby Nightfury_Rider » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:04 am

i'm a new member!
Nightfury_Rider/ Night

I will upload stories as quickly as i can!

▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
Hey bro! Yee, I'm a weirdo, but I am friendly <3
I really, really miss CS, but I'm so busy and I don't really use our mac anymore unless I have to, but once I get my laptop and iPad I'll be much more active. Promise <33 And I need to sort out my sig too bc it's being stupid ;-;
I'm a Scorpio. Don't hate. Not all Scorpios are spawn of Satan.
I love anime, manga, my horse, Mavis, cherry blossoms, the colour teal, art of any sort, and music. And How To Train Your Dragon <33
My favourite animes: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Attack on Titan, Haikyu!!, Tokyo Ghoul, and Owari no Seraph. Obviously, I've watched a load more. I just really, really love these ones. And the characters are basically my children
▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
DATumblrAnimted Character DatabaseEquestria's Ascendant

▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
Nightfury_Rider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ceratosaurus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:44 pm

ρѕу¢нσтι¢ wrote:
ρѕу¢нσтι¢ wrote:
    I know I'm really new around here, but I'd like some advice/suggestions on what I think may be a good story setting to write about. So, this is kinda based off of my beliefs with the supernatural, but, hold onto your seatbelts.

The time frame would be unsettled (not the past, or a really far away future), max amount of time between now and time frame would be three, four years max. Not a dystopian society or anything, just regular human life. Scientists, however, have discovered that many humans have a natural sixth sense to see/hear/experience the supernatural (for sake in this story, no vampires/werewolves/fairies/etc, just ghosts (bad or good natured, for the most part), and it is not a figure of your imagination. Out of Body experiences become way more common to the public, and are public knowledge, but due to a few accidents, the public fears having them. Some test subjects that had OBE's ended up stuck in the realm between what is after, and Earth, because they didn't get back to their body before a bad natured/good natured ghost took over their body.

Let me explain further on the whole OBE thing.

If you are in between sleep and consciousness, you can essentially "tug" your soul from your body, and look down at your body as just a sliver of yourself (this is said to be a true thing). My theory is that people that have OBE's that are sucked back into their bodies immediately are born with built-in sensor that tells them a "bad" natured soul is trying to take over their body, and attaches them back to their bodies. However, some of these people are not born with that sensor, and due to lacking it, are not alarmed of their body being taken over, and are left for eternity in the realm of souls, unless they steal someone else's body.

My main character will be having obe's, (she does have that sensor) but she refrains from returning to her body a couple of times, etc. I don't even know. I'm writing this at 2:14 in the morning?? Yay/nay? Something? Comment? Suggestion?

Bumping this idea because if someone maybe has some suggestions, I might start writing.
ceratosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: { INKLINGS } LOCK! NEW THREAD

Postby tuesdaysart » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:56 am

I'm sure the new thread is up, but I can't find it?
I'll try to be more active, I'm sorry.
ImageImageImage
tuesdaysart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Falls » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 am

Beth. wrote:
please carry on all conversation to the new thread.
click
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
﴾ Ғαℓℓs ﴿

CS Status:
semi-inactive

Coding Help:
click here

Sig Requests:
closed

Emergency?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI'llxalwaysxacceptxPMsxandxhelpxrequestsxfromxfriendsxandxoldxacquaintances.
Falls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me