{ INKLINGS } LOCK! NEW THREAD

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What do you write?

I don't. I just read.
3%
Poetry
14%
Short stories
24%
Juvenile/Children's books
6%
Young adult/Teen fiction
35%
Adult
13%
Non-fiction
5%

Total votes : 272

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby Dylan Klebold » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:10 am

rosa there's a The Black Parade skeleton in your signature! :O

do you know what that means?

welcome to the black parade awwww ye

--

I'm starting a pet diary <3
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:10 am

Exema. wrote:
|Do any of you write any kind of poetry?|

i know i'm late for this one, but i really wanted to answer! ^u^
i hope that's okay. o~o
i love writing poetry! most of mine is rather dark, or sometimes sad, but i find something incredibly beautiful about that. grief is one of my favorite expressions, because i feel like it has more meaning to me than happiness. happiness tends to vary from person to person, but sorrow is a pretty constant thing in my experience.
what do you guys think about that? is sadness beautiful, or depressing, or sometimes both?
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iWonder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:11 am

watermelonyum11 wrote:
What is a good writing mood to you? Is it warm outside-cold? Are you happy or sad? Tired or awake? What else?

I write best when I have a neutral mood. I like it when it is cold best, and I like being tired when I write.
Sometimes if I just read a good book my writing improves by a lot. Wanna read something I wrote two nights ago? I am working on the second chapter Atm.

WELCOME TO THE CULT OF WRITERS. FRUITYPIE.
Fortunately, there is no initiation ritual.

I am now opening Commissions and Art-Trades for a limited time!
PM me on DA for more info and offers!
I do: Anthro, Human, Portraits, Character Design, Fan Art,
Animals, Ponies, Species Design*, Contest Art*
(for adoptions on CS)
-Cheers, Tenna M. N.

** PM Machenza on Deviant Art for more info.

+++I Accept CS$, Deviant Art Currency and Art-Trades.+++
iWonder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am

Gerard Way wrote:rosa there's a The Black Parade skeleton in your signature! :O

do you know what that means?

welcome to the black parade awwww ye

--

I'm starting a pet diary <3

Yes, I know what it means. >:3
Oh! I'd love to read it.
── growing up
. . . .
╔══════════════╗
nena
partner in crime

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
art credit
signature credit

╚══════════════╝
. . . .
something else
avaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 am

high five! -pap-

--

Username: Gerard Way
Story link: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2422991
Thank you
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tuesdaysart » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:16 am

To answer my own question:
...Cali's anthro and is basically a human in a dog body (sort of a metaphor for my Autism, not really "fitting in", more internally than externally).
People mistake her as a Cocker spaniel, but she's actually a Cavalier King Charles spaniel: a breed that i not only look like with my hair on my shoulders 99.9 percent of the time, but practically NAILS my personality when you meet me in real life. Sometimes on the internet as well, though I'm annoying and clingy to my internet buds.
Cali can't seem to find her place and she's a hopeless romantic. La dee dee dee do.
XD If you saw my signature that needs a desperate update because it's filled with old art and it disorganized, I ship her with Mister Blik from the forgotten Nicktoon that everyone think is from 1990 because it's been off the air for seven years- Catscratch.

Sue me.
I just find that their personalities contrast, yet I relate to Blik and I've got the most A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. screenshots of him.
He's greedy, he's a jerk, he's a narcissist; but he's so potato chippin' cute that I want him as a pet no matter how many times he scratches me when I pick him up.
What is a good writing mood to you? Is it warm outside-cold? Are you happy or sad? Tired or awake? What else?
A good writing mood happens under these conditions:
- when my thoughts aren't on something else
- when I have free time to be writing stories
- when I find something awesome about an already existing story or get a good idea.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas season because the conditions can be met and my spirits are very high, though it has to be compacted into about 11 days (Dec. 22- Jan 2).
Weekends and anything outside of school is also nice, but I have to be in a mood to write and I can't feel ashamed of my story.
Daylight Breaking on Wattpad hasn't been updated lately and part of me wants to, but I have high school now and I can only get 1-2 chapters in and that's if I'm not in the mood to do anything else. MAYBE three.
|Do any of you write any kind of poetry?|
I do and I have plenty of examples, though the one I like is on Instagram and it's kinda hard to look for.
ImageImageImage
tuesdaysart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:21 am

Cali Spaniel wrote:U3U
Now that feminists are ticked at me, let's lighten up the mood, shall we?
What characters do you feel more comfortable writing about:
Human or animal/mythological creature?
If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

Cali I love doing that! I really have been inspired by brian jaques. He made up entire tribes and vocabularies. Also If I may refer to what melon had to say about "inspiration" I'm inspired by stuff I'm not allowed to read. Warriors inspired me to write a Christian based book about cats. I also wanted to read a series called Wings of Fyre. That and "How to train your dragon" inspired the book I'm working on write now. There was one time. And this is going to sound silly. But I watched a movie called "Kung fu rabbit" and there where two tigers in it that inspired another story.
SO I have been inspired by a lot of things. :D

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iWonder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 am

Neutral Middle wrote:
Neutral Middle wrote:The conflict is that whatever she sings it happens. The customers who ask for her to come to their parties and special occasions make her do their song. Either it's sad or depressing or just Happy. Her life depends on what song she sings pretty much. It's just an idea not I"M GONNA DO IT story.

Hey you guys remember this? I'm having trouble deciding how I should write this. I've done a story with a diary and I understand music like breathing, comes naturally. So should I do it diary style, first-person ( name won't be released till at least a little of the story is made and critiqued ), narration by me, or different points of views? I enjoy reading stories with different perspectives but have never wrote in that way. Thanks for the help! ( BTW this story will be on CS not Wattpad. Still trying to get used to it )

Write it! It sounds good, diary style (first person) sounds like it will work.
-----------
Thank you for your interest Ros!
The White Bear.
I really need some critiques

I am now opening Commissions and Art-Trades for a limited time!
PM me on DA for more info and offers!
I do: Anthro, Human, Portraits, Character Design, Fan Art,
Animals, Ponies, Species Design*, Contest Art*
(for adoptions on CS)
-Cheers, Tenna M. N.

** PM Machenza on Deviant Art for more info.

+++I Accept CS$, Deviant Art Currency and Art-Trades.+++
iWonder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 am

Cali Spaniel wrote:U3U
Now that feminists are ticked at me, let's lighten up the mood, shall we?
What characters do you feel more comfortable writing about:
Human or animal/mythological creature?
If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

I have written a novel (editing it, planning on publishing it soon) with a cat as a main character. And yes, things that may seem normal to humans seem strange and/or bizzare to my character, etc.

I used to be opposed to writing from a human's point of view, but I've started roleplaying, and now I find it to be a total blast.

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Look at our pretty new page!!

By the way- I'M OFFERING A PRIZE TO SOMEONE WHO CAN FIND WHERE I SAID THE MEMBERS LIST WAS UPDATED!

I am willing to update but I don't really wanna find it... , I've added a bans and suspentions section to the list. DON'T END UP THERE!

Alsooooo are any of ya willing to come to a join me? I might design a character map :)
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me