{ INKLINGS } LOCK! NEW THREAD

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What do you write?

I don't. I just read.
3%
Poetry
14%
Short stories
24%
Juvenile/Children's books
6%
Young adult/Teen fiction
35%
Adult
13%
Non-fiction
5%

Total votes : 272

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby avaria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

Cali Spaniel wrote:U3U
Now that feminists are ticked at me, let's lighten up the mood, shall we?
What characters do you feel more comfortable writing about:
Human or animal/mythological creature?
If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

I usually am more comfortable when I write with humans, I'd like to write similar like Erin Hunter does, but I usually just write them like an average person, I'll only try to make up words like that if my inspiration levels are off the chart, haha.
Last edited by avaria on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
── growing up
. . . .
╔══════════════╗
nena
partner in crime

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
art credit
signature credit

╚══════════════╝
. . . .
something else
avaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 am

I found 9 questions over at this website: http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/ ... blogs&_r=0

Is Cheating Getting Worse?
If Football Is So Dangerous to Players, Should We Be Watching It?
Should the Private Lives of Famous People Be Off Limits?
Do Great Leaders Have to Be Outgoing?
Should Students Be Able to Grade Their Teachers?
Should Middle School Students Be Drug Tested?
Should the Government Limit the Size of Sugary Drinks?
Should Schools Put Tracking Devices in Students’ I.D. Cards?
Do You Think a Healthier School Lunch Program Is a Lost Cause?

If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

This is a hard question, because if I TRY to make up words- I can't because I can only think of ones that Erin Hunter has done. But at the same time, an animal wouldn't really KNOW what it was, so it's difficult. My solution to this- don't write about animals! I would rather write about humans, a species I know a lot about! :lol:
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neutral Middle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:46 am

Neutral Middle wrote:The conflict is that whatever she sings it happens. The customers who ask for her to come to their parties and special occasions make her do their song. Either it's sad or depressing or just Happy. Her life depends on what song she sings pretty much. It's just an idea not I"M GONNA DO IT story.

Hey you guys remember this? I'm having trouble deciding how I should write this. I've done a story with a diary and I understand music like breathing, comes naturally. So should I do it diary style, first-person ( name won't be released till at least a little of the story is made and critiqued ), narration by me, or different points of views? I enjoy reading stories with different perspectives but have never wrote in that way. Thanks for the help! ( BTW this story will be on CS not Wattpad. Still trying to get used to it )
Kawaiicuttie and me are sisters and do unfair trades gift each other please don't ban us!

Hi, my name is Neutral Middle, but just call me Nemi. I love anime ( Fairytail ), GIFS, mangas, ands music. My dream is to one day become a musician. I enjoy writing, sports, science, friends, art, and most important my family. ( CS too ) Reason for username?: I'm totally OCD so everything must be centered.

I put different user made adopts here whenever I get them.
Neutral Middle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolly-chan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:47 am

watermelonyum11 wrote:If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

This is a hard question, because if I TRY to make up words- I can't because I can only think of ones that Erin Hunter has done. But at the same time, an animal wouldn't really KNOW what it was, so it's difficult. My solution to this- don't write about animals! I would rather write about humans, a species I know a lot about! :lol:

I once wrote a story about a dog and he called every living thing with -beast at the end. His owner was his friendbeast, cars were monsterbeasts. Stuff like that. I don't remember much else, though XD
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

Rolly-chan wrote:
watermelonyum11 wrote:If the latter, do you write them as you would an average person or do you write in a similar fashion as Erin Hunter and make up words that an animal might think when looking into our world?

I once wrote a story about a dog and he called every living thing with -beast at the end. His owner was his friendbeast, cars were monsterbeasts. Stuff like that. I don't remember much else, though XD

Hehe, that's creative!! :D

What is a good writing mood to you? Is it warm outside-cold? Are you happy or sad? Tired or awake? What else?
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 am

(May I just say I found the female/male character discussion really fascinating to read? ^^ I just wanted to say that. I know it's over, but I found it so interesting, especially as someone struggling to write a strong character, who happens to be female.)

Cali Spaniel wrote:U3U
What characters do you feel more comfortable writing about:
Human or animal/mythological creature?

I like all kinds really. I don't feel more or less comfortable with any one or the other. If I'm writing from a non-human perspective I do try to write as the animal. I stay away from making up words, and try to just use simple human words to describe things.I focus more on describing scents, and sounds, and body language. I try to use less dialogue (unless the animal/creature is a very chatty one ^^) when writing them as well. I try to think like how the animal thinks - what type of world they live in. What does a sea monster think about when it gazes out into the ocean? How does the deep sea pressure feel to it? What does the world look like to a dog? What sorts of things are important to it? What does it ignore? What does it need to know about the world? I try to think like this when I'm writing non-human characters.

I also tend to write at night. That's when I feel most awake and creative. I usually listen to instrumental music while I write.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 am

What is a good writing mood to you? Is it warm outside-cold? Are you happy or sad? Tired or awake? What else?

I like to write when it's really chilly outside and I can curl up with my blanket and laptop and write.
I only write when I'm happy, if I try to write when I'm upset my words will just come out bland and boring.
I definitely have to be awake, if I'm tired I'll just get really unmotivated.
Also, I enjoy to read other users stories before writing my own, I really like to read their descriptions and their word choices before working on my story.
── growing up
. . . .
╔══════════════╗
nena
partner in crime

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
art credit
signature credit

╚══════════════╝
. . . .
something else
avaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FruityPieQ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 am

i'm a new member!
FruityPie /Call me whatever x3/ Currently I only have offline stories / Sure, if I ever post any o3o
Hello! You can call me Pixel or Nick, he/they. I have absolutely no idea how to code a signature to make it look nice <3
FruityPieQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercury.Muses » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 am

I prefer animals. I hated rping humans and hence my writing comes off alot on rping skills I have, humans are not my thing.
socially.
rping.
drawing.
or writing. So I rather prefer animals.

Whatever my thoughts aspire at the time, which is usually I'm wide awake in a slighty cool area. I do better in places I like too, like being around horses, or a place where a past idea spurred as a setting.
Signature under construction.

Hey! Will you help me decide on a new username? http://www.strawpoll.me/10382494/r Vote here!
Mercury.Muses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am

Fruity Pie wrote:i'm a new member!
FruityPie /Call me whatever x3/ Currently I only have offline stories / Sure, if I ever post any o3o

Welcome. c:
── growing up
. . . .
╔══════════════╗
nena
partner in crime

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
art credit
signature credit

╚══════════════╝
. . . .