Postby hypnowave » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:21 am

ARPG INFO wrote:Name: Maeko
Role: mage
Guild: The Lorekeepers
Level: 0
EXP: 0
CATACOMBS wrote:
[main thread]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

second of my RPG-themed adopts; this one's a ranger!

please note that you must have a guild and a founder in order to try out for this cat!

another simple prompt for this kid: why did they learn archery?
feel free to answer this with a story, a poem, etc; any form of writing is welcome!

ends on the first post of page two or in a week!

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]role:[/b]
[b]guild:[/b] [url=][/url]
[b]why did they learn archery?:[/b] (max. 250 words)

Last edited by hypnowave on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"I'm Robin Hood, y'all ;)"

Postby Breado » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:24 am

username: Breado
name: Ra'huri Feera rah-hoo-ry fee-rah
role: fighter
guild: Lamplighters
why did they learn archery?:
"Read it again! Read it again!" mewed the small bundle enthusiastically from under the blanket.

The molly sitting beside him on the bed sighed, a gentle smile decorating her face.
"Huri, kitty, this was the second time this night!" she purred, "Shouldn't you be asleep by now?"

"But mooom! It's my favorite story, y'know!"
There was no doubt Huri was tired; the circles under his shining eyes and the huge yawn that followed were telltale signs. "I wanna hear how he wins again!"

The molly giggled.
"Well, you can hear his story again tomorrow. But it's late now, and you know that tomorrow's going to be a big day for you!"

His first time practicing archery. It's his dream coming true, and of course Huri was as excited about it!
He thought about it for a second.
"That's right! You'll see, mom," he jumped up from under the blanket, "I'll be the best archer in the world! And I'll show everyone that I can be just as good as Robin Hood is!"

Now she couldn't hold it back anymore, the molly started laughing. "Well then, my little thief, it's time to sleep! Or else, you'll be too tired to even lift the bow tomorrow!"

"Right!" and with that, he was back under the blanket.

"Mom? Do you really think I can be like Robin Hood?" he whispered.

"I know you can. And you'll be even better than him!"

And with a goodnight kiss, she left, letting her kitten fall asleep.
Last edited by Breado on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Guild Recruit 079

Postby epilogue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:27 am

username: feral.
name: maxwell
role: foarger
guild: rat's nest
maxwell lowered the pointed spear, as he watched the doe hop along, unaware. wiggling his hips, he aimed again, and...
thunk!

the spear hit a tree, startling the baby dear and making her run away. maxwell groaned and sat back. his attention turned to the second weapon beside him: a bow and a quiver full of arrows.

hesitantly, he picked up the bow and loaded in one of the arrows. he had never learned how to use a bow properly because he was so determined to be like his father, a talented hunter with magic hands that guided spears into the heart of prey. he wanted to be as good as him.

unfortunately, this was his last resort.

as a test, maxwell pulled back the arrow, squinting at the tree trunk, and let go.

woosh

he watched as the arrow hit neatly into the back of the spear sticking out of the tree. his jaw hung open wide in astonishment. maxwell looked down at the bow with a new found comfort. maybe this was his specialty.

[179/250]
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:30 am

username: .sins.
name: Persephone
role: forager
guild: Lazarus Rising
      Protection. In the simplest of terms, Pers learned how to shoot flying rocks on a stick at any intruders, thieves, or boogey men that might try and harm what isn't theirs. She doesn't want to be a fighter at all, just simply wants to live and support her guild, even if that means taking an eye or two.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:45 am

username: Alckatraz
name: Hawkeye
role: Fighter
guild: [url]The Fellowship of the Shadows[/url]
why did they learn archery?: He was holding an oakwood arrow, decorated with jay feathers, overwhelmed by some strange feelings. Yes, it was it, the arrow from THAT day. Usually, he would keep it locked in a small chest, together with his past. But today... it just called him, it made him open the chest and face this past.

He was just an orphan kid, with no mother and no father, no one's child, a loner.
No one knew what happened to his parents, but it was so horrible that some people barely dared to whisper about that. Born in a world where every sign of weakness was closely witnessed by someone ready to attack

Feeling constantly threatened, Hawkeye needed to find a way to protect himself from any kind of dangers. As he wasn't strong enough for direct combat he found in archery the perfect alternative.
His adoptive father, the only person who took care of him was killed by an arrow. The same arrow Hawkeye is keeping so carefully locked in the chest.

This didn't discouraged him. Motivated by the will of revenge, Hawkeye was better and better. Soon enough, he became the best archer ever.
Last edited by Alckatraz on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 am

username: knickknacks
name: maeko
role: mage
guild: The Lorekeepers
250/250 wrote:"Nice lightshow there, sparkles."

Maeko allowed herself a small frown at the comment before returning to the task in front of her. She flexed her paws once, pouring more energy into the crackling sphere of energy before her. She maintained the spell for a moment before ending it, allowing the magic to dissipate into thin air.

Her satisfied silence was interrupted again by the other cat who’d entered the sparring cavern- a hulking, sour-looking tomcat with a large broadsword slung across his back.

"Can’t you do anything without your magic?"

"Of course,"
Maeko responded stiffly.

"Yeah?" The tom said, sneering a bit. "You don’t cheat your way through everyday life like the rest of your kind?"

There was venom in his words- a bitterness Maeko didn’t care to try and unpack. It stung all the same.

"Magic isn’t cheating," she said, gritting her teeth. "It’s something you practice with, and strengthen- just like any fighter does with his sword."

"It ain’t natural," he growled back. "You wouldn’t stand a chance in a real fight."

------

Maeko knew she didn’t need to prove herself to that strangely angry tom.

But that didn’t stop her from picking up a worn bow and quiver anyways.

It didn’t stop her from practicing until her paws bled and callused (she bought gloves to help with that).

It didn’t stop her from, the next time she saw that tom, leveling an arrow at him and saying:

"I could best you either way- magic or no magic."
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wings.mov » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 am

username: Cherry.mov
name: Silvian "Sil"
role: Mage
guild: [url][/url]
why did they learn archery?: (max. 250 words)
Sil grew up in the catacombs, her parents valuing strength above all else

Uhh wip
x

Hey, I'm Cherry
She/they/anything non masc • Lesbian
I have anxiety and ADHD so remind me if
I forget or take to long on anything <3
I like bees, plants, drawing, minecraft,
terraria, mcyt, GrayFruit(YT), music,
warriors, and my incredible girlfriend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxFind me here
xxxxxxxxFRTHCS to FR
──────────────────────────
xxxxxx
──────────────────────────

Wings.mov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 am

username: bmkmb
name: Myrddin
guild: Path to Darkness
why did they learn archery?: (max. 250 words)
aaaa For the third time that day, Estrius waltzed into his room without knocking on the wall. "C'mon, Myrddin," he said. "If you don't hurry up now, we're going to be late for practice."
aaaaMryddin made a face. "Practice? Now?" He hated hated hated hated practice so much, he would rather bash his head into the wall. "And how in the world is it even possible for us to be late? I mean, it doesn't even start until you're there, doesn't it?"
aaaaEstrius shot him a look. "Myrddin: we are going to practice now and I will make you clean the entire den if we're late."
aaaa"Okay, okay, I'm going!" Myrddin yelped as he ran out of the room.

aaaaApproximately two hours later, Myrddin limped into Reius's den, muttering something about "stupid knights" not knowing how to go easy on other people. "It's not fair!" he whined. "Estrius always beats me in everything and I'm not even allowed to use magic on them because of the stupid rules!"
aaaaReius sighed. "How about you learn something that Estrius doesn't know how to do?" he suggested.
aaaa"Like what?" Myrddin scoffed. "He's a prince; he knows how to do everything already!"
aaaa"Not everything," Reius said, a knowing glint in his eye. Myrddin's ears perked up. "Estrius doesn't know archery, and maybe if you try hard enough, you could be him to it."
aaaaMyrddin thought for a second, then grinned. He was going to be the best archer the Path had ever seen.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm

username: FluffyBirdie
name: Argos
guild: Karma
    A target zipped by behind him, and he swung.
    Thunk. Clatter.
    "Your instincts are impressive." Salem chuckled, picking up the top half of the target that Argos had sliced off. "I would bet on you in a one-on-one combat. Techniques are good, but raw reaction time determines most fights." Argos dipped his head in thanks, but Salem wasn't finished yet. "Although you become flustered in a team, or against just two opponents. How come?"

"There's just too much to keep track of." He replied after a pause. "Allies I can't hit, enemies all attacking at once. I can never move my sword fast enough. I... My instincts become my flaw, since I sense too much to take in." It felt like admitting defeat to your guild leader. In what world would he be able to fight one enemy by himself?

"You can't fight in the front lines." Argos flinched, and the truth of those words stung. He looked up, about to say something, but Salem was already walking away. Was he...dismissed? But Salem was picking up a bow. What?

"Try archery then. You won't be surrounded, and you can put those instincts to use; shoot whatever moves. Still not allies though." Argos blinked, still trying to understand that Salem wasn't kicking him out.

"I'm getting tired holding this bow. You're gonna try or not?"

"Oh! Yes." Argos took the bow from Salem, and looked at the various moving targets around the room. This could work.

[ 246 / 250 ]
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby supernovacity » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 pm

username: supernovacity
    name: Oakley
    role: Merchant
    guild: Paleopaws
    why did they learn archery?: Oakley is largely cowardly and physically weak, but fronts with her archery skills, she actually didn't care much for being in the thick of fights, preferring to be a ranged, cowardly fighter if she must fight. She learned archery as an excuse to stay back, and protect her goods, in the end, she happily settled into being her guild's merchant, as she could rely on her guildmates to fight for her, and she would only have to actually fight to protect her wares. She much prefers her life this way, and is happy to just use her skills as a threat, as opposed to actually using them.
Won't waste more tears on yesteryears
───════════════◈════════════───
ImageImage
nova - she/he/they
icon - pixels

───════════════◈════════════───
Instead we'll carry on
supernovacity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery