Based on Click to view
Artist gяεч [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E009

Postby gяεч » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:31 am

Welcome to the Fallen Oaks Farm event!
It is here that an illegal Euphorian Thoroughbred breeding operation was shut down by local authorities. All of the mares, stallions, and of age foals are in need of homes. There will also be some mares that still have their foals that need to be taken care of. Euphorian lovers from all over have come together to get homes for all of the animals. They've brought giant trailers and are ready and waiting to bring home a bunch of new faces. But before adopting, they must visit the trailer parking site.

Owner: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: BBR I See Spirits
Barn Name: Phantom
Height: 16.1hh
Eye Color: foggy blue
Phenotype: Sooty brown dunskin tobiano frame overo sabino few-spot pintaloosa
Genotype: Ee/Ata/Crcr/DD/Toto/Oo/Sbsb/LpLp/PATN2PATN2
Discipline: Dressage
Halter: sweet orange
Edits:
- braided tail
- flipped ears
- wide eyes
Breeding Info:
- homozygous dun
- homozygous appaloosa (LpLp)
- homozygous leopard (PATN2PATN2)
Last edited by gяεч on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

~~~ 🎨 ~~~ 🔄
gяεч

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E009

Postby DeadlyArcana » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:43 am

Username: Alhena
    Show Name: Kid in the Dark
    Barn Name: Eeli (Meaning uplifted Soul or Spirit)
    Discipline: Hunter Under Saddle
    Halter: Lilac
    Short Story: When Atlanta first picked up Eeli, she noticed the mare was more hesitant than others to be open to human touch or their presence. Corralling her into the trailer was a task in itself, she refused numerous times to load up and it took around 4 people to finally coax her in and quickly close the trailer door before she could react. Atlanta knew this girl was going to be a difficult one to train but she was up for the challenge.
    Once Atlanta had returned to ATB, she immediately backed the trailer into a round pen, using spare gates to align next to the sides of the trailer so the mare couldn't spook and run off. once her and Memphis opened the doors, the dirt covered mare took off like a rocket into the round pen, snorting and pacing around her new surroundings.
    "It's going to be okay girl. Don't worry." Atlanta spoke with a soft voice, she could tell this mare has never experienced love, human affection or any type of desensitization. "I think we need to first clean this girl up, her coat is all matted with mud and she's caked in dirt. Memphis would you mind going to grab my brushes?" Her brother nodded and swiftly went into the barn to grab the brush set. Atlanta slowly crept into the round pen, keeping her distance but not backing away when Eeli showed fear. She knew she couldn't apply too much pressure or she would overwhelm her, and then their trust would crumble. Memphis passed a few brushes to Atlanta through the round pen bars and Atlanta slowly walked towards Eeli, brush in one hand and delicious oats and honey balls in the other. Eeli flicked her ears towards Atlanta and began to walk towards her, eyeballing the treats in Atlantas hand.
    "Thats it Eeli, good girl." Atlanta extended her hand and let the mare pick up a few treats from the palm of her hand, she watched as Eelis body relaxed briefly and began brushing up and down her neck. She had a light hand, making sure the motion wouldn't spook Eeli and cause her to back off.
    With a few more treats the dirt covered mare was slowly beginning to trust Atlanta and was letting her brush more of her body. "I think you're going to trust me soon enough pretty girl." Eeli looked at Atlanta and let out a small knicker, which made Atlanta chuckle. "I also have found your favorite treat huh? I'll have to make more honey oat balls for you."
    Link to Trailer Park Entry:
Last edited by DeadlyArcana on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
    ↬ Arcana/Arc - She/Her ↫
    - Adult User - She/Her
    - Discord: arcanaxx
    - Ghost Artist for Palisade Roping Horses
DeadlyArcana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: BBR I See Spirits
Barn Name: Phantom
Halter: Orange
Short Story: Many of the horses found at Fallen Oaks mare looked to be in absolutely pitiful condition. I took it upon myself to begin grooming some of the horses that were awaiting adoption. There was one mare in particular that was causing quite a bit of commotion whenever someone walked past, so I figured I’d go investigate what was going on and see if I could help her.

As I neared the mare, I looked into her eyes to see they were foggy looking, and a pale blue. I wondered if the reason she kept spooking was not only because of the horrid life she had been living, but if she was also losing or had already lost her vision. In the mad rush to help the horses, I wasn’t sure anyone else had noticed that this could be a potential issue, and I took it upon myself to get this mare calm and cleaned up.

I spoke soft, reassuring words to the mare as I entered the pen with her. All movements I made were slow and extremely deliberate. I could see her ears flick forward towards me to listen, the whites of her eyes showing. Before stepping further in with her, I extended a hand out to her to sniff. I could feel her hot breath on my palm, followed by a couple worried snorts. I continued to speak softly to her as she calmed down, eventually letting me stand next to her.

As I began grooming her, I went ridiculously slow. It may seem silly to go so slowly, but I wondered if it was sudden, unfamiliar movements that spooked this mare if she could not see very well. Lord only knows the last time she was groomed, if ever, so this was a new experience for her, and a vision impaired horse might be more uncomfortable. The whole time I went over her muddy coat with a brush, I continued to speak to her, as if we were having a conversation. I hoped that as long as she could locate me based on sound, she would feel more secure.

It took awhile, but she was eventually as clean as a brush could get her. She would need a bath at some point, but there was no need to stress her out like that when she had finally calmed down. I was able to leave the pen without her spooking and running off again, which made me smile. It took some extra time and effort, but already, this mare was warming up to humans again.

Link to Trailer Park Entry: x
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Unbridled- » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 am

Username: -Unbridled-
Show Name: All Eyes On Me
Barn Name: Beatrice
Discipline: Jousting
Halter: Turquoise
Short Story: I could tell just when loading the mare in the trailer, she was extremely skittish and fearful. She spooked so easily. It was like nothing I've ever seen before. Driving down the road, my mind was racing. Where would I stall her? What mares would be a good match to turn her out with? Is she aggressive? Then, the most provoking thought came to mind. How was I going to bathe her?

When we arrived at the equestrian center, I was especially careful to let the ramp down carefully. Even her being aware of the ramp moving spooked her. I led her out of the trailer. She seemed to be relieved to be out of it. I led her to the stable. I was worried about bathing her. I would have to be up close and personal with a very skittish horse, who obviously didn't put all her trust in humans, or anything else for that matter.

I eventually decided I would give her a feeding bag to distract her while I was bathing her. I made sure she was comfortable with me stroking her. I made sure wherever I was going to wash, my hand would follow so she knew where I was at and wouldn't be startled when the water hit her. The water was warm and adjusted to her comfort. She didn't really care for the soap. She tried shaking it off, covering everything around her in soapy bubbles and suds. Bathing her went a lot smoother than I thought. We may have even bonded.
257 words
Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here
-Unbridled-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 am

Username: Laurara
    Show Name: Summer's Sonata
    Barn Name: Aria
    Discipline: Show Jumping
    Halter: Pale Pink
    Short Story:
      She had been here a couple of days, and even still the filth of her ordeal still sat upon her coat. From what I could tell, her coat was light, but that was all I could tell. I had been trying to build her trust for the whole time she was here, and she had shown that she was able to be haltered and attached to the cross-ties, but every time I brought something close to her pelt, or even reached for a bucket, she would stress, rolling her eyes and squealing in protest, trying to pull herself loose. On this day, the radio playing softly in the background, I haltered her up - okay, no problems. Praising her constantly, I attached her to the cross-ties. Yes, perfect, good girl! The worried-eyed mare watched me as I walked to the tack-room, constantly keeping an eye on her as I picked up the grooming box. So far, so good. She watched as I walked back, nostrils flared but otherwise unmoving. Dropping the box, I ran my hand down her neck, praising and praising.
      The radio started to play some typical pop song, causing me to roll my eyes. I don’t hate pop music, but my local radio station wasn’t great at changing up their playlists, and so you’d often hear the same song several times a day, and this was one of those times. My barn radio was one of those old-fashioned ones, with big dials on the sides to change the station, and I didn’t have twenty minutes to try to tune it to a specific one. Twisting the dials until I heard the sound of music, I raised an eyebrow as classical music started to drift from the speakers. Shrugging - it was better than that song at the time - I turned back to Aria, and, to my surprise, she was turned in my direction, ears priced towards me. I greeted her, murmuring a hello, but I then realized her attention was not on me. Turning around again, I twisted the volume dial on the radio, earning a positive bob of a head from the mare. Walking slowly over to her, she watched me, but kept one ear trained on the radio. I don’t know much about classical music, but whatever piece played was a simple piano piece, bouncy and light, but still calming, and, as I walked back to the mare, all I could imagine was a pair of dancers, elegant dresses and coat-tails moving to the rhythm of the waltz. Moving on my toes for the last few strides, as though I were to break into dance myself, I laughed lightly as the mare’s expression turned to incredulous, blue eyes widening lightly as ears pricked towards me. As I walked to her side, her ear flicked back to the radio, and, for the first time since I had met her, I saw her body relax completely, one hoof coming up from the ground to rest on its toe.
      Slowly, I reached for a flat, soft brush, and, as the music changed to something I recognized - Clair De Lune by Debussy, something I had studied in school - she allowed me to sweep the brush along her shoulder, sighing lightly. I tested each part of her body, and, by the time I was finished loosening the dirt, her head had dropped, lower lip swinging loosely as she dozed. She didn’t flinch when I used a harder brush on the more difficult spots, barely opened an eye when I tugged the mats from her mane. The only time that she reacted negatively was when the radio station tuned to adverts, but we took a little break at that point, during which I gave her plenty of treats and pets, and soon enough the music came back, and she relaxed back into her snooze.
      I thought I had cracked the code, that I had taught her that grooming was nothing to be afraid of, but the next day, in the crossties, as soon as I took out the comb, she spooked, rolling her eyes at me and pinning her ears. Luckily, the radio was still on the classical station when I flicked the switch, and she relaxed almost immediately.
      It seems I named her well...
    Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here!
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 am

Username: LivingLethal
    Show Name: Lady of the Lake
    Barn Name: Laiken
    Halter: Your choice!
    Link to Trailer Park Entry: Here
    Short Story:

It was a miracle that Laiken had been trailered back to Sullen Stream Stable, but it would take an even greater miracle to make her appear like a healthy, clean horse again. The mare was as skittish as a rabbit and about as quick as one too; at a moment’s notice, she was ready to run. Her piercing blue eyes watched every movement around her. The moment there was one too quick for her, or one she didn’t quite perceive, she became riled up. The sight of the hose put her in a panic. Seeing the brush made her thrash her head with brilliant agitation. Laiken was inconsolable. At least, she would be until she became acquainted with the stable.

“Laiken... I think you’ve won this battle. For today, at least,” I conceded.

It was with great difficultly that I clipped the lead line to her halter and led her out to the pasture out back behind the stables. It was a well-secured area, with only a few trees for shade—though these were plenty adequate, and a wide pond peppered with lily pads and algae sat in the center. I led her within the area, then set her free to her own devices.

I backed off to a distance in which Laiken likely thought I wasn’t observing her at all. It was the moment that I seemed to disappear that she began to let down her walls—and do something rather hilarious, if I do say so myself.

Laiken sauntered up to the bank of the pond, sniffing the water with such a knowing curiosity. Within seconds, she waded into the murky waters with such calmness that I was forced to believe that this was her normal routine. The layers of filth that were trapped within her coat were washed away, trailing behind her swimming form like the taillights of a vehicle. With one submersion of her face, it became clear that she was a beautiful, brightly-colored mare. Once it seemed that she had never been covered in a layer of grime in the first place, she trotted back to the shore and emerged on land, dripping with water but free of even a speck of dirt. She was white as a pearl and about as clean as one, too.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gяεч » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 am

thank you all for entering^
the winner of this mare is BadgerBuddies~