Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
90 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by fūi

by zutopia

kalon #1613

Postby fūi » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:05 pm

this kalon looking grumpy? maybe even sad? but they're in paradise! what could they be so sad about?

this is a writing prompt !! max is 600 words!
      tell me what they seem to be upset about D:
      coding is fine, but please no extras! prettying up is aye okay!
      no off-threads / websites!

nr: teeth
      s: shine edit
      common : fur, tail, hair

rarity of kalon: common

this ends on the 26th of july at 11pm est.

Code: Select all
      username:
      kalon name:
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1613

Postby TheWolfyWonder » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm

i. TheWolfyWonder ii. Shelby iii. Female iv. 600/600
Image───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    After a long few months of working a 9 to 5 office job, Shelby was more than excited when her roommates from college brought up the idea of a beach trip. They had planned to rent a house right on the shore and stay for a week, from a Saturday to the following Sunday, leaving all of the worries of work back home. She submitted her weeklong leave request a month in advance and was delighted when her boss finally emailed that her request had been approved.

The night before, Shelby had packed up her laptop, swimsuits, and everything else one would need for a successful beach trip. They had planned to meet up at one of their houses bright and early as to avoid traffic heading towards the coast. Shelby shoved all of her items into the trunk, set an alarm for 5 am the next morning, and went to sleep dreaming of the small grains of sand on under her feet and the refreshing saltwater hitting her fur in waves.

It took about 4 hours to drive to the beach. Once they were there, they quickly tracked down the office they rented their beach house from and went to check out the place. The beach house appeared to be one right out of a fairy tale. It had a private beach, surfboards, and numerous lounge chairs. Shelby grinned, "Time to relax, girls!" She exclaimed loudly after everyone had brought their belongings to their room. There was so much to do, and she finally had enough time to do everything.

The first three days, Shelby just relaxed on the sand, working on her tan and reading some fictional books. She couldn't remember the last time she had read for fun. They ended the day with a bonfire and s'mores.

Halfway through the fourth day, a Tuesday, she was in the middle of a surfing competition with everyone when her phone rang, the ringtone she had set for her boss obnoxiously filled the air. Shelby excused herself and went inside to answer the call.
    "Hey, Shelby, where are you?" Her boss asked.

"I'm at the beach... you approved my leave request for the week of July 10th," Shelby explained, confused as to why she was calling her when her leave request was approved.

"No, I approved your leave for July 10th. Your leave request didn't say anything about needing the whole week off."

Shelby's heart sank and she scrambled upstairs to check her email. "I thought..." She trailed off as the email loaded on to the screen. Sure enough, she only asked for July 10th off.

"I'll let the manager on duty know that you're out sick today, give you a single paid day off, but you need to be back tomorrow morning or else you'll be on leave without pay." With that, her boss hung up.

Shelby felt her eyes become watery and put on her reflective sunglasses. Her lips curved down in a slight frown, she went back outside where the surf competition was just wrapping up.

One of the girls saw her and began to congratulate her, "Congrats!! You won the competition!" She pulled Shelby into a hug then noticed her gloominess, "Hey, you okay?"

She relayed her conversation with her boss to her friends, tears threatening to spill behind her lens. "I'm sorry guys," Her voice cracked as she finished retelling. "I have to go."

This was supposed to be a girls' week away from work. She was going to catch up with friends and just relax. Instead, her work came calling and ruined her plans.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by TheWolfyWonder on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
TheWolfyWonder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lux lisbon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 pm

username: d0nnie
kalon name: Genevieve
why so gloomy?

23rd of August, 10:04 AM. Summer's ending; it's cold and windy. I'm alone.

I took a deep breath; it was all I felt I could do. I sat there on the beach,
in my environment, in my habitat, in the place where I was supposed to
feel the most at home.
I felt nothing.

When asked my favourite song, I answer simply. 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'.
"Why is that your favourite song, Genevieve?"
"I don't know. I just think it's nice. It calms me down to know that others feel
the way that I feel."
"Oh, that's too bad."

When I was thirteen years old, I had everything I ever wanted. I had happiness
and prosperity. I had family. I had friends who cared about me more than I cared
about myself. I don't know what happened to that. I'm lost. My past feels like a
dream that slips into the back of my mind just to taunt me. It's been a year,
an entire year, yet I still cannot fathom what has happened. I still can't think
of him without feeling like none of this has been real. I feel as if my life ended
alongside his, yet here I am, still subjected to the endless tortures of continuing
without him. I can't say it enough. I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone.

23rd of August, 7:16 PM. It's too hot inside this house.

I couldn't eat. I couldn't touch my food at all.
She made his favourite meal.
I saw his face in the back of my spoon. I looked up towards the mirror and I didn't
see myself. I saw him. I saw his innocence and his beauty. I saw his joy. I saw
everything that ever was of him, and everything that he could've been. I resent
my mother; how could she do this? How could she make his favourite meal, on
the day that he died, and force me to eat it? She knows how I feel. Everyone
knows how I feel.
My hands started to tremble and I dropped the spoon into the bowl. The soup
splattered onto my face and I felt like I could cry. That was him, I thought,
that was him trying to touch me. He was reaching out to me. I could feel it.
I know what I felt.
"It's just a bowl of soup, honey," Said my mother, full of hideous ignorance.
"Come on, sweetie, you have to eat. I'll make you something else if you want."
She wiped my cheek and I solemnly ventured into my bedroom.

24th of August, 12:03 AM. Reflection.

I've been sitting here for hours, and I haven't cried. I don't think I'll cry any more.
I'm looking up at the poster on my ceiling. Dead Poets Society. His favourite movie.
He always told me I was a poet, and I still don't believe him.
I can't help but feel like he's with me. It's funny how he's the one that's comforting
me now. I've been so selfish.
His day has passed, and I still don't know how I feel. It's only been a few minutes.
It's okay for me to miss him, I think to myself; he misses me too.

[541/600]
Last edited by lux lisbon on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
lux lisbon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeadlyArcana » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm

username: Alhena
kalon name: Blake
why so gloomy?
- built a massive sand castle and it got torn down by bullies
res!

Gonna drop out, good luck to everyone!
Last edited by DeadlyArcana on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ↬ Arcana/Arc - She/Her ↫
    - Adult User - She/Her
    - Discord: arcanaxx
    - Ghost Artist for Palisade Roping Horses
DeadlyArcana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:19 pm

username: ➳ palla
    kalon name: svetlana

why so gloomy?

although svetlana had been excited for her family vacation to the beach, it became apparent very quickly that the culture of this tropical paradise was nothing like that of her home town. there were busy people everywhere: carts of street food full of iced treats on every corner, souvenir peddlers calling out to any potential customers that walked by, and loud tourists that bumped carelessly into people as they wandered the streets. it was too much for the delicate girl to keep up with! her nose wrinkled in torment from the smell of salt and fish coming from the ocean. plus...even the food here smelled odd! from her quiet town in the middle of the woods, coming out to a strangely warm country full of loud, obnoxious, and energetic people was too much for svetlana to handle.

she had to step away for a while, which meant hiding in her family's hotel room pretending to be sick and watching tv while her family went out to do their tourist-y things. yet something tugged at her heart when her family came back full of smiles, sand in their toes and ice creams in hand. was she jealous of them? surely not — this place was horrid, overwhelming on her senses. how could they be so happy in a place like this?

after a few days of insisting to hang back, svetlana's family felt sorry for the girl and brought her some gifts so she wouldn't miss out on their trip. whenever they'd leave, svetlana would gently lay each item out on her bed, examining them carefully out of sheer boredom. she felt them one by one, noting their different textures. she could even smell the ocean lingering on them! it was a welcome change after being cooped up inside for so long.

in that moment, svetlana realized that missed her family. she wanted to feel the sand between her toes and smile like they had smiled that first day when they came back to the hotel room. she wanted to have fun and she didn't want to be alone anymore. so on the last day of their trip, svetlana finally joined them and went to explore the busy city. she tasted the exotic food and waded through the waves as they crashed onto shore. she went swimming in the ocean and built a sandcastle with her younger siblings. and last but certainly not least, she got ice cream and finally grinned from ear to ear. the loud city on the beach wasn't so scary afterall. ♡
Last edited by mars on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm

username: Grey_Hoodie
    kalon name: Axel
    why so gloomy?
      Axel had lost just about everything today and had, at this point, given up on trying to do anything else lest another dose of karma come and ruin his day further. Among other things – be it losing a perfect picture of preening parakeets to pesky passerby or sacrificing scrumptious steaks and sandwiches for soggy salads so somebody would stop staring – losing all his hard work to some petty thief really was the absolute worst. From early in the morning to late in the evening, Axel had toiled relentlessly in the sand to gather up his greatest collection yet. All for naught, it would seem.

With simple blue bucket in hand, Axel had wandered up and down the beachfront, critically eyeing each and every seashell he came across. As a collector, of course he wanted to make sure he got ahold of the best of the best – and so far, he thought he’d done a good job. Every time he peered down into his bucket, he couldn’t stifle the pleased smile stretching across his face. His current prize happened to be a smooth, curled shell – Axel couldn’t sure what it was from until he consulted his books – with black and white patterns that melted away into a cool turquoise color at the center. Pride swelled in his heart, and he knew this collection was definitely going to be the envy of his friends. He couldn’t wait to show it off.

With the sun perched high in the sky, Axel realized that he’d spent the entire day collecting and had completely forgotten to take a break and find something to eat. Although he wanted to keep scavenging for treasure, what with the tides starting to change again, his stomach growled threateningly until it convinced him to set down his bucket by his umbrella and towel. Axel had wandered off for a little less than half an hour, returning with a sandwich in hand, before he realized, to his horror, that his bucket of seashells had been knocked over and the contents… were completely gone!

Axel spent the next three days scrambling around the beachfront, confronting anyone and everyone he came across. Eventually, the disgruntled vacationers had had enough of him and chased him back into town. With hunched shoulders and a bitter pout, Axel could only think of returning to his hotel room. What else could he do? Angry thoughts swarmed his mind, mood souring further as he thought of all the ways he could have prevented the thief from taking his things.

He’d almost missed the souvenir stand. But a glance up revealed pretty necklaces hanging from hooks on the ceiling and large conch shells and netted bags of sea glass laid out across the table. Upon closer inspection - because although he wouldn’t admit it, his curiosity had been peaked – he recognized the turquoise shell! It had an ugly hole drilled through it to make way for a string. In fact, he could recognize almost all of his other shells, too! Each of them unfortunately marred in favor of turning them into necklaces and bracelets tagged with absurdly high prices.

Axel’s head swelled with anger, face turning a vibrant red, and he stormed up to the shopkeeper, demanding his collection back. How dare this person take his hard work and try to profit off of him! But the shopkeeper only gave him a lazy smile, infuriating the kalon further.

Sorry, bud, but I don’t see your name on any of these.” the shopkeeper drawled, “If you want them, you’ll have to pay for them like everyone else.
Last edited by Grey_Hoodie on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyscribblez » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

mark!!
ivy| fluent in meme, vine, and english
christian | sagittarius | ravenclaw | ambivert
pfp credit | my flight rising | my deviantart
Ivyscribblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 pm

i just rlly like their aesthetic
    They/them | Adult | Guest teacher
    Starting my PA program in May!!
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittybby » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

username: abysmal.
kalon name: amphitrite
why so gloomy?

WIP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you can call me Kitty!
she/her
in love with mr.sleaze!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
image credit

ImageImageImage
kittybby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the forest of nightmares - kalon 1613 entry

Postby allu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 pm

username;; alluvium
kalon name;; esme
gender;; female
why so gloomy?;;

598 words

a cold breeze drifts through the night as esme walks slowly through the darkness. it chills her every bone. behind her something falls on the ground, cracking with the impact. she flinches, whipping her entire body around. she examines the scene behind her. i'ts just a branch. with a soft sigh, she continues on. an ear piercing shriek rips through the night. could there be a rational explanation? perhaps. glancing around the cold, dark forest she sees a glint of eyes in the trees. the piercing screech breaks into the night again. it came from the same place she saw the eyes. upon closer inspection, she notices it was simply an owl. her heart is beating quickly now. these false alarms make her fear every move she is to make. the forest seems to have no end. a large gust of air blows behind her. and she flinches. shes afraid. shes scared. shes... upset. her expression would appear to anyone as a mixture of fear and sadness. she hears a laugh ahead of her. what could the explanation be for that? ahead of her bushes rustle and she begins backing up onto a tree. her breath becomes shallow and a small tear slips from her eye. she can't remember how she got here. she's sure someone is following her too. the laughing gets louder, and more obvious. its from someone else, that was something she can't deny. she is hyperventilating now. her eyes wild with fear and her eyes red and puffy. she covers her mouth with her paw and lets out a silent sob. then a voice rings out in the night. "don't be afraid... i'ts not like i'll hurt you." she whips her head around and sees what looks like a shadow towering over her. it terrifies her. she lets out a choked sob and her heartbeat races in her chest. she backs away as far as she can but it gets closer. its eyes are a piercing red, but she can't quite make out what it is. "no, oh god, no please just leave me alone." she whispers, her voice barely audible. the shadow creature tilts its head. it lets out a demonic laugh. leave you alone? why? if you want to get away, you'll have to run. it grins, revealing razor sharp teeth. her eyes widen and she turns around as quickly as she can, bolting through the seemingly endless forest. she can hear it close behind her, cackling. her breathing is shallow. the creature was still hot on her tail. laughing. laughing at her? probably. then a branch falls ahead of her and she has no time to move, she trips, falling face first on the ground. "well, you tried. i'll give you that. i'll try to give you a painless death, dear." she manages to turn around and look. its razor sharp claws and fangs getting ever so closer. no, no, no. i can't die. i don't even know how i got here... she thinks to herself. then the creature lunges towards her. its face close to hers. it grins. it scratches her with those sharp claws and she lets out a gasp of pain. but then, she jolts up from her bed. it was all a dream. of course. she buries her face in her hands. she lets out a silent sob, her face scrunched up into a frown. she couldn't ever escape the nightmares. they always seemed so real. she could never seem to remember that they weren't. this is why she was always so sad. they followed her everywhere.
Last edited by allu on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me