Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fayrian Kelpie #045

Postby eleutheromania » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:20 pm

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
MAIN // ARTIST SEARCH // ARTIST BULLETIN // FANCLUB // DISCORD // DA GROUP
OWNER ARCHIVE

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────

to try out for this event kelpie, you must have an updated kelpie thread for any kelpies you own.
if you do not have kelpies, no thread is needed.

Describe his first experience with the elven and dwarfs, along with his first reaction to the harness

edit; Word limit is now 800 or less words, this does not affect entries posted before this edit. .

End Date: July 12th

Username: FireWolf52
    Kelpie Thread: Atlantia Kelpie Sanctuary
    Fayrian's Name: Homeland's Callback | "Westron"
    Sex: stallion
    Height: 16.3hh
    Color: Flaxen Liver Chestnut Overo with Brindle
    Eye Color: fiery brown
    Fin & Horn Color: lime green, citrus yellow.

Heritage:
    ------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Sire: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------- SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fayrian Kelpie #045

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:10 am

Username: PuppygirlWillow
Kelpie Thread: N/A (I don't have any yet ^.^)
Fayrian's Name: Durin
Response: Durin, named after the dwarves he is so fond of, actually liked the harness when it came, and appreciated the food and kindness the dwarves showed him. He doesn't like elves.
W.I.P
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireWolf52 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 am

Username: FireWolf52
Kelpie Thread: Atlantia Kelpie Sanctuary
Fayrian's Name: Homeland's Callback | "Westron"
Response:
Westron lived alone, preferring the company of his thoughts to the judgmental eyes of other creatures. The local dwarven village, living in the mountains surrounding his marshland home, have been capturing and domesticating the local Kelpie herd for generations, and have become a vital part in the Solstice Races. Westron had been a sought after steed for many years due to his strong build and spirited temper, but no dwarf could come close the the aggressive animal without getting kicked. Raider parties of over 20 dwarves would charge at the stallion intent on taming him for the famous races. But Westron would not go down easily, and he would stand his ground, kicking and biting the dwarves until finally disappearing into seemingly thin air. He became more of a legend, a name whispered curiously in the village. Stories of the evil, cunning stallion were told around campfires to young dwarves, with the purpose of keeping the risk-taking children away from the marshlands. One such dwarf, a young boy named Kili (my favorite dwarf from Lord of the Rings lol), was listening to the famous tale of Westron slaughtering an entire legion of dwarven armies (of course all fabricated and exaggerated lies woven into children's tales) and instead of being scared he decided that the beast must be killed. Kili was 16 at the time, and his self confidence was heightened by his immature teen mind. He somehow thought that he could kill the stallion on his own, so under the cover of darkness he snuck out of his home and into the blackness of the mountain sky. He carefully walked down into the marshlands and began his hunt for Westron. Little did Kili know the stallion had noticed his approach into his territory and was silently watching the boy from the treeline. Westron was intrigued that this little dwarf dared come into his homeland at night, and alone for that matter. The stallion stalked Kili and watched as the dwarf peered around tree trunks with his sword drawn, searching for the white-splotched coat of Westron in the dark. The stallion chuckled to himself as the dwarf tripped and stumbled through the soft land of the marsh, and he could barely suppress his laughter as the boy got his boot stuck in the muddy soil with a loud squelch and some vulgar words. Westron crept forward and out of the treeline and the dwarf struggled. Kili glanced up and his eyes grew big with fear as he set his sights on the stallion he had been hunting. He yelled and swung his sword, attempting to strike the Kelpie while his foot remained immobile. Westron easily stepped out of the way, and he couldn't decide if this dwarf was incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. Kili swung again but narrowly missed. The force of the strike lodged the blade in a nearby tree. "Stupid then." Westron thought. The stallion turned to kick the young dwarf, but as he prepared to do so Kili grabbed his leg, pulling himself out of the mud. The stallion was shocked, offended that such a small creature would have the audacity to touch him. Kili took Westron's moment of shock to try to pry the sword from the tree, but the blade remained stuck deep below the bark. Westron approached the boy as he yanked on the blade. The dwarf could see the problem he faced, and he knew this was a battle he could not win. Kili swung to stand on the sword and pulled himself into the branches of the trees. "Perhaps the dwarf is not as dumb as he seems." Westron thought. Kili dropped from the branches and onto the back of the stallion. Westron neighed and reared, and for the first time there was fear in his heart. He ran through the marsh, attempting to throw Kili off in a blind panic. The dwarf clung to the stallion's neck, determined to hang on and figure out a way to slaughter the beast later. Westron galloped further into the swamps, and in his terrified state he tripped over the roots of the trees and landed into the mud. He sunk quickly, and Kili jumped off as the Kelpie was buried neck deep in the quick sand. Westron whinnied and neighed, desperate for survival. Kili turned around to leave the beast to die, but the pained sounds of the stallion compelled him to turn around. The sight of Westron sinking into the earth caused the wall around Kili's heart to shatter, and he realized that this was not a blood thirsty beast but a horse fighting constantly for survival. The dwarf sprang into action, gathering vines and tying them around the frantic horse. He weaved the loose ends into the trees, creating a pully system. He pulled on the thick vines, raising Westron from the ground. The stallion promptly passed out, and woke up in a makeshift run-in shed built by Kili, where he has remained ever since.
Westron's first reaction to the harness was very... hateful. Like most things having to do with dwarves he despised it, but he semi-tolerated Kili so he allowed the dwarf to buckle the straps. He doesn't like the feeling of the leather on his perfect coat, and will glare at Kili if a speck of dirt gets stuck under the abrasive straps. He does like working with Kili for the races, but only so he can prove to all the other Kelpies participating that he is undoubtedly the best. Despite what he may say, he does love Kili, but he will very rarely show it and mostly just puts his grumpy, temperamental self on full display.

Thank you so much for the opportunity! Good luck everyone!!!!

Going through a rough time right now, trying to stay active in trades but I might answer slowly, I apologize!

My Fayrian Kelpies
My Khimaira Friesians
My Cupido Drafts
My Ferox Welsh Ponies
My Yukon Drafts

"You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

Ravenclaw ~ Aries ~ Animal-Lover ~ Breyer Horses
FireWolf52

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gigalili88 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:18 am

[center]Username: Gigalili88
Kelpie Thread: Moon Acres
Fayrian's Name: Leanabh Na Coille / Warrior - - - Warrior's Heart
Response:
Warrior's first experience with the elven and dwarfs was very rocky. He had never before seen a two-legged creature and was absolutely terrified to see them moving very quickly at him. At the time, Warrior was only 2 months old, and was rarely away from his mother's side. He also had not yet relieved the name Warrior - as it had come from the elven and dwarfs that tamed him - being known as "Leanabh Na Coille" (Child of the Forest in Gaelic). Him and his mother lived in one of the rare forests on the Fayria Islands. About a mile away from the forest, an elven settlement sprang up, and soon enough, a dwarf settlement followed.

One morning, Leanabh Na Coille went about on his normal routine, meandering around the little forest, playing with the woodland creatures. His mother had always told him that he was NEVER to leave the safety of the forest. For 2 months he had obeyed this as though there was nothing outside the forest, but this morning, he ventured out a little too far while chasing a butterfly around. Leanabh Na Coille didn't realize he had left the forest for a few moments as he was too fixated on the entrancing butterfly, but once he was out, he saw that there was so much more to the world than the small forest he had always known. He slowly made his way out further and further into the open grasslands where he saw his first glimpse of the elven town.

He set off toward the town curiously. Once there, he began inspecting all the little cabins that made up the village. He was intrigued by the intricate little symbols carved into the buildings. Leanabh Na Coille had no idea what any of the symbols meant, but nonetheless, he wandered around looking at them all. All the elven people seemed to still be asleep so he never encountered anyone that first day.

He continued to come back every few days when his mother's back was turned to investigate the little symbols more. He loved those symbols and thought of them as a puzzle! Although, he could not figure out how these puzzle pieces went together.

A moon went by and he had visited the town 14 times. On his 15th visit, he encountered his first of the elven people. He froze. Leanabh Na Coille watched as the strange creature quickly made it's way toward him. He panicked. Tried to run and take cover, but his legs just wouldn't move. The little creature was now a foot away from him, reaching their arm toward his face. It was making some strange noises that Leanabh Na Coille had never heard before, but he assumed that it was some sort of call to the others of his kind, as shortly after a few more appeared. One of which had a strange rope in his hands. The one with the rope was closer to him than all the rest, and moved slowly off to his side. Without hesitation, the creature threw the rope at Leanabh Na Coille and tied it around his neck. Leanabh Na Coille began to move frantically, running as fast as his legs could carry him around the town, but every turn he took seemed to reveal more and more of these strange creatures. He was terrified. A few turns into the town, he realized he was surrounded, and no longer had anywhere to run so he did the only thing he could think of and called out to his mother hoping she could save him.

His mother heard his call and darted toward the town for her little foal. Upon her arrival, some of the little creatures ran, realizing she had no intention to stop for them. Another one of the creatures ran at her instead of away from her, carrying the same weird rope that he had around his neck. Leanabh Na Coille saw it and tried to warn his mother as she bucked at the little men. His attempt was useless, and within a minute, his mother wore the same rope he did. The little men came rushing back and grabbed onto the other ends of the ropes. They pulled Leanabh Na Coille and his mother into a little building and shut the doors. They were trapped. The little creatures left them in the building to settle, later returning with some hay and water for them. From this gesture, Leanabh Na Coille began to think they may not be too bad. His mother on the other hand was still very wary of them.

Leanabh Na Coille and his mother ended up staying with the little creatures for a long time. He began to understand their strange noises, the more he heard them. After 12 moons, him and his mother were still with them and began to notice some new, different little creatures walking around the town. The elven and the dwarfs had combined their towns. With the dwarfs came the dreaded harness.

Before the dwarfs arrived, Leanabh Na Coille and his mother were mostly kept in a walled in area of grasslands, left to themselves. But once the dwarfs came, he noticed that the ropes had come out more frequently and he was taken from the little grasslands area often. His mother was rarely taken out, as she was now quite old. He was walked around the town a lot on that rope, and eventually realized that he was walked along the same route every day. After a few days, he knew the route without having to be told and would walk it on his own. After a few more days of walking on his own, the dwarfs introduced the harness.

Leanabh Na Coille felt the cold leather cover his back from his withers to his tail. The strange leather brought on the same sensation of fear that the rope had once given him. Again, he panicked. But this time around, he realized that this leather thing on his back would do him no harm, and in fact may bring him some good treats! The dwarfs then walked him on his normal route wearing his harness until he was used to it. After a few days he was comfortable with the harness. Once he was comfortable, the dwarfs hooked up a cart to him that they originally left empty and lead him around with it. Eventually, he was very comfortable with it and knew his route, so he became the "town cart." He brought supplies to everyone in the town and delivered things from one place to another along his route.

After about 36 moons, the elven people and the dwarfs decided that Leanabh Na Coille needed a name - of course they were unaware he already had one. They unanimously decided on the name Warrior for his fighting spirit.
Last edited by Gigalili88 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

────────────────

Christina/Chris
She/Her
Bisexual
Super Awkward
Always Open To Chat, Send Me A PM!

Website Storage | Toyhouse Storage ©

────────────────
─────────

─────────
Gigalili88

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:20 am

Congrats to Firewolf. Also remember the prompt thread is open so you can earn tokens!!
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me