Artist nmrn [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dinoken Flock #45 [Time-Lost] CLOSED

Postby nmrn » Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 am

Hey guys, this is my first flock of three total as a guest artist Image
These are based on Parasaurolophus and prehistoric marine life respectively.

1. Piebald Parasaur
Owned by ℋoney

2. Intrigued Ichthy
Owned by rat.
Last edited by nmrn on Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nmrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dinoken Flock #45 [Time-Lost]

Postby friggin' foxes » Fri May 10, 2019 10:00 am

Intrigued Ichthy

username: friggin' foxes
name: predator

how did they get the hook caught in their wing?:
digging through his junkyard can be very rewarding but also dangerous. predator was pierced by the hook on one of his foraging trips. he loves to find interesting things among peoples disregarded items, so these expeditions are quite frequent. when others come and toss their garbage in his yard, he heads out as soon as they leave and dig through it, picking out anything that catches his eye.
X
Last edited by friggin' foxes on Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyphants » Fri May 10, 2019 10:01 am

intrigued ichthy
    username: rat.
    name: pisces
    how did they get the hook caught in their wing:
    pisces roared, and the creatures of the grass scurried in terror far below him. his blunt wings were still, omitting the occasional twitch of a subtle flap as he glided over the clifftops, faster than the thrashing movements of the quickest silver fish, faster than the wind that forced it's way chokingly through his constricted nostrils and into his open jaws. pisces snarled to himself, a breathy hissing. the dinoken was growing restless and angry, driven more reckless by hunger. he had slept out the winter's cold for many months, and now he had to feed or die.

the sea was in front of pisces now, he was swooping over it, calculating reptile eyes flickering in all directions. he knew that the convulsing turquoise carpet laid out in front of him held precious cargo. pisces could see it even from his altitude, the darting movements of silvery fish as they flung themselves out of the water, the flying-fish gliding just like he did in a reckless battle against the water's rabies-like foam. he bared his teeth, a preparation for the hunting that laid ahead. pisces folded his wings in and dived for the flashing fish as they tore through the waves, his jaws open, legs outstretched to grip the fish in his paws-

and was blinded by a flash brighter than anything he had ever encountered. it was a visual cacophany, a spasmic burning of his eyeballs, and pisces thought it would never end. the dinoken gave a primal shriek of terror, whirling into the water. his dilated pupils slowly narrowed as he swam as fast as he could, ignoring the fish that moved away from him, pure fear coursing through his veins.

it wasn't until five minutes later that he dared to raise his head from the water, his body slick with salt, and he saw the creature. it was big- some new whale, pisces thought- and sliced through the water with an odd grace. but the oddest thing was the animals atop it's back. they were large, around 3 times his height, and pale-skinned, clutching dark boxes with protruding black eyes to their chest. parasites- although they're odd ones. he acknowledged in his head; pisces was just glad that the lights were gone. he treaded water, watching the strange whale leave over the horizon before diving back under. he was even hungrier now, and knew he would starve soon. the dinoken started swimming, his thick wings acting like paddles as he moved, then stopped.

there was a fish in front of him, writhing in the water in a dance of death. pisces approached with caution before lifting both wings, closing them over the fish before recoiling in pain. there was a sharp thing, a tooth-like thing, in his wing, piercing muscle and sticking visibly out of the other side. the fish had been attached to it- a trap, maybe. he roared, columns of bubbles rising from his throat- and got dragged upwards, out out of the water.

as he grew adjusted to the light and heat, pisces took in his surroundings, glancing around. he quickly realised he was travelling up the side of one of the odd whales he had seen before. this wasn't good, at all. pisces opened his jaws in a threatening rattle, before flapping his wings frantically, pulling away from the thing. he could see there were the tall parasite animals like before, clustered around where he was. were they going to kill him? were they going to eat them? pisces shrieked, and the animals started yelling. they threw fish, they threw seawater, but he didn't know why. all he knew is he had to get out. one of the animals approached the string that held the hook-trap to his wing, and he screeched, flapping down and pummeling it with his feet. they were going to pull them down to kill him, he knew it, he had to get out, he would fight-

another one of the whale-parasites suddenly darted forwards, something glinting in it's appendage, and pisces wheeled away as the tension in the string that bound him. the trickle of blood dripping down his right wing didn't phase him as he made his way to freedom like a bat out of hell. only when he reached the cliffs he had came from and nestled into his rock nook did he feel in any way safe.

pisces had managed, after a lot of pulling and biting, to tear the remaining white string from the sharp hook- but he could never get the hook itself out. his wing healed around it, and he thinks of it as a permanent part of his body, an eternal warning to never approach the slicing whales that skim the tops of the sea.

794 words
Last edited by jellyphants on Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm

dropping
Last edited by Lepid on Thu May 23, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Piebald Parasaur
Username: annie15970
Name: Alojzij
What talent or skill do they have that they're a master at?:

Lojz has always had an affinity for hearing things he shouldn't be able to, and its gotten him into some interesting situations in the past. How he uses it though, isn't usually the first idea that comes to mind. As a young hatchling, he was always peeping and chirping to express his feelings. Happiness was shown by off-key tweets, anger by shrill chitters, and love was a crooning song. His parents had found it endearing and showered him with praise. Encouraged by their pride, he began to learn new melodies by listening to the sounds around him. He picked out notes that sounded just right and stored them away in his mind for later use. Odd and new sounds that no one else noticed. As he got older, his library of sounds grew, and so did his hearing.

He developed his singing skills through his hearing, each note has to be a perfect pitch. It is an advantage at times as it enables him to sing songs that are ordinarily hard for the common Dinoken. At other times, its a hinderance as it makes him terribly critical of himself if he messes up even just a little. After much coaxing and encouragement from his friends, he's trying to not concentrate on these imperfections. Sometimes they even help the song sound more beautiful, so he's trying to just let himself sing. He still struggles with it, but he thinks that he's doing alright with his hand in life.
Last edited by annie15970 on Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

Every life is a pile of good things and bad things
The good things don't always soften the bad things,
but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil
the good things and make them unimportant.

Equine Stable | Commissions| My Kalons | ©

└─────────────────────┘

ImageImageImageImage
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby royalpoppy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Piebald Parasaur
Username:
Name:
What talent or skill do they have that they're a master at?:
parasaur is my fave dino!
xxxxxxx

venus 🏵 she/her 🏵 gaymer gurl
off and on activity, find me on discord.
here for closed species and deer collection.
dislikes: radishes, yelling, and big meanies.

♡ ♡ ♡

royalpoppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly bear » Fri May 10, 2019 11:14 pm

absolutely stunning! may or may not fill out a form <3
sarah - infp - jw.org
grizzly bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 am

Intrigued Ichthy
Username: rabbit448
Name: Ichor
How did they get the hook caught in their wing?:

Ichor set his roll of paper down at one side of the room and kicked the roll open to the other side of the room with his foot. Out burst forth mountains, valleys, towns, anything a explorer would care to have marked down were all scrawled out on a patchwork of paper. Ichor surveyed the scene.

There was a rumour from one of the scouting dinos that a town a short distance away was having a festive get together. They saw lights shining from behind a glass dome, with interesting shapes carved of wood and rock. It may be a good site for food forages, but above all it sounded like the perfect opportunity to add more interesting human objects to his collection.

He rounded up the supplies he needed to scavenge along with the bit of the map that showed the path to town. With that, he let the map roll back up and stowed it away.

---

As Ichor approached the glass building, he noticed a dinoken plodding along on foot. He recognized her as a young scavenger. They went spelunking in the abandoned basements not too long ago.

"I'm heading to the glass house Bud, would you like to join me?" Ichor shouted from his perch.

"Sure! I was planning on heading there soon anyways! I brought some supplies that was supposed to help me do some scouting." She revealed the long coils of rope.

"Great I'll follow your lead." Ichor flew down to walk beside her.

"We need to be careful though, I heard they have some security measures in store for us".

When the reached there, they spotted a window ledge that didn't look too difficult to scale up to. With Ichor flying to the ledge and Bud needing to climb up via ropes, it was easy to set up the hooks.

The hook system failed and one split Ichor's wing. The pain was like fire running rampant through his wing. Bud's rope was barely saving her from the dog that took notice of them.

"Ichor please! Don't let me fall!" The young dinoken struggled to climb up, finding no hold for her feet on the glass surface. The dog was now jumping dangerously close to Bud. Ichor's wing was straining from the stress and his heart felt like it was going to cave in with the pressure.

"It will be okay, you will be okay." Taking hold of the rope to steady her and to lift some stress from his wing, Ichor looked around frantically trying to think.

"Bud, loosen your ropes and aim at the dog."

Bud quickly tugged on the knots until they fell free and they hit its target. The hook, piercing the dog and the ropes only tangled further as the dog tried to step out of them.

With the dog out of the way, Ichor slowly managed to pull Bud onto the ledge.

"I'm sorry Ichor!" Bud said.

"There is nothing you can do about it Bud, let's get moving." The adrenaline numbed the pain in his wing and the bleeding was subsiding, Ichor felt the whole issue was behind them. However, the rogue dinoken was blubbering out apologies until the entered the glass house. It was likely that they were too awestruck to keep talking.

The interior was luxurious. All the human trinkets that Ichor could ever hope for. With sparkling lights on the surface of a stream winding through out the glass house, large tree canopies, and a little gazebo filled with sculptures, it was a dream.

And when the sun set, they both set off on their own journeys home. Ichor hobbled home with a hook in his wing, a lantern strapped to his back, and many shiny trinkets to add to his hoard. He considers this trip a definite win in his books.

Ichor Wins
Last edited by rabbit... on Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroWander » Fri May 17, 2019 10:11 am

Res just in case~
Moderately more active recently
AuroWander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 am

Intrigued Ichthy
Username: Dragonstars
Name: Tano
How did they get the hook caught in their wing?:
Tano got the hook caught in his wing while fleeing from poachers who had come to hunt him down. They had thrown a net at him and there was a hook attached to it and it went through his wing,He managed to escape but was very tired and in pain, He was able to get the net off of the hook and tried desperately to get the hook out,but failed. Now he keeps the hook in his wing as a reminder that he was able to escape the poachers.
Last edited by dragonstars on Thu May 23, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me