Re: Rise | #1762

Postby SurgeFire » Mon May 13, 2019 5:04 am

dewly_noted wrote:
    Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; Cinnamon
    Gender;; female
    Age;; 23 moons
    Clan;; BeachClan
    Rank;; wave runner [for now, possibly taking a healer rank after a rotate BeachClan onto it's arc 2 rank system]

Prompt;; [647/1000]

There are two people you fall in love with in life, those you should and those you shouldn't.
    Marigold raised her head off of her mate's side, eyes moving to the amber eyes of Oak. Their gaze met momentarily and the intensity of emotions that travelled between them were many things, but mostly and above all else they were forbidden. She turned her head and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breathe of her mates scent. Sunny was the one she had been assigned and he would be the one she loved even if her heart veered towards another.

The following morning she awoke to feeling of sickness in her stomach, something she was beginning to grow familiar with. It was a tell tale sign that she had known and expected since the first time she had felt it, the emotions that accompanied it were a mixture of good and bad. She wanted to be a mother, she loved kits and the thought of having her own brought her unending joy. Then there was the fear, the worry because she couldn't be certain whose kit she was expecting.

For the sake of her reputation in her tribe she hoped the kid belonged to Sunny, he had expressed his interest in having kittens multiple times. He'd be a great father. Yet for the sake of her heart she hoped that it would be Oak's kit. She'd loved him for as long as she'd had love in her heart. Sunny would be a great father but with Oak they'd have a real family.

Ideally she'd never have to tell either of them, she could have the kit in secret and avoid the confrontation of the lies she had built and continue to live the best of both worlds. She could have the love and kindness Sunny offered and the understanding and genuine love that she felt with Oak.

She stood up from their shared nest and left, eyes yet again meeting with Oak who had woken not long after she had. He knew. Of course he did, he was smart, analytical with a whimsy to him that had swept her off his feet. He gave her a look, concern and adoration that made her melt. She smiled at him and kept moving to leave the den. He was too kind.

When the form that followed her out of camp wasn't Oak but Sunny she felt her heart grow irate, not that she would show it or really blame the tom. He was genuine in his concern where she was dishonest. He was too good for someone like her.

"Are you okay?"

Sunny asked, his voice tentative all concern and hope.

"I'm pregnant"

".. are they mine?"

The worry in his voice made Marigold doubt herself and how sneaky she thought she had been. Maybe it was something that a mate felt deep in their gut when they had been betrayed, maybe Marigold had been seen with Oak. There were so many questions in her mind she simply turned to Sunny and promised,

"of course."

In the end Marigold had a single daughter, a tortoiseshell who had taken the features of both her parents. Bright orange just like her mother, with matching tabby stripes and cinnamon. Cinnamon just like Oak. As Sunny walked into the healer's den for the first time and laid his eyes upon his daughter he found that there wasn't a place for him in this den.

"Cinnamon."

Sunny stated, his understanding burning like rage and disappointment across his face. The healer had thought he was naming their tortoiseshell daughter and went on about how beautiful of a name that would be. But between Marigold and Sunny it was something completely different. Sunny was a bright cream coloured cat and there was none of him it that kit.

And cinnamon was the first promise she ever broke.

Congrats!
I loved the creative way you took the prompt. Especially that last line!
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1762

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon May 13, 2019 5:17 am

skksksks yes!!