Buttermilk #600 by sprig

Based on Click to view
Artist sprig [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Buttermilk #600

Postby sprig » Sun May 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Edits: Collar (NR) Eye (C) Brahman Body Type (L)
(Back hump, loose skin, lengthened ears)

Introducing the first legendary trait known in Buttermilks, the Brahman Body Type! (BBT) This new trait is a 'package deal', and it comes with 3 defining edits. Legendary traits are currently impassable without the help of a special item, that will give you a 1% chance of passing the trait. When a cow with BBT is bred, his/her genes cause any other edits that are being rolled for in the breeding to pass at half their normal rate. For example, if you breed this cow with a cow who has 1 uncommon edit, that edits will be rolled for as rare.
Cows with BBT have the normal amount of slots.

There is no set theme for this adopt's prompt. Write about whatever feels good to you.
Word Limit: 1500 MAX.
Extras: None
Prettying Form: Allowed
End Date: June 22
Extensions: Will not be given

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Heifer
[b]Prompt:[/b]
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Buttermilk #600

Postby Streak » Sun May 26, 2019 12:16 pm

mark!
๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ธ๐’ฝ ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“ƒ
๐’ถ ๐“๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ

streak
she/her
bisexual
beechclan
buttermilks
my kals
minigames

art by foxe on fr

โ™ก
Streak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ˜…

Postby astrohund » Sun May 26, 2019 12:40 pm

username wade wilson
          name tbd
          gender heifer
          prompt wip with old music
astrohund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Sun May 26, 2019 1:15 pm

u s e r n a m e
Ravendarus

n a m e
Virva

g e n d e r
Heifer

A somber heifer, her spirit is that of a dying ember, she seems to have given up on something and it has affected her greatly. She stalks across the pastures like ghost moving elegantly as she glides across the ground. She doesn't really seem to notice others when she goes off into her daydreams, others will often find her weird or creepy while others are very concerned for her health. As her name preludes, she is like a will o' the wisp trying to guide those who are lost in hope of one day finding herself again. She, herself a wayward lost soul who desires to find meaning in her existence.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

The sound of sobbing broke her train of thought as she turned to look, a young heifer was crying by herself. She walked to her quietly, "What is wrong young one?" Virva asked with a delicate tone of voice hoping not to surprise her, the heifer jumped surprised and looked at her, "H-Hello." The heifer said, "Nothing is wrong." She added with a mumble. "Something is wrong." Virva said knowingly, she could tell, it wasn't hard after all. The heifer sighed, "I'm lost..." She said sadly. Virva laid down beside the heifer softly, "I see... perhaps I can help, my name is Virva." she said gently. "V-Virva? I'm Venus..." The heifer said softly relaxing as the elderly cow laid beside her.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

"Well Venus... where are you from?" Virva asked her before closing her eyes quietly to listen. Venus blinked and looked around, "Corvidae Ranch... it's my home I live there with my family." She said. Virva thought about it lightly, she had never heard of the place, but by the looks of her she couldn't have gotten far from it, she nodded her head, "I will help you... for a price..." She said, "I-I don't have anything to give..." Venus pinned her ears back warily watching her. "All I ask is that if I help you find your way home you will let me stay and rest for a day or two." Virva said softly looking over at her gently as she opened her tired eyes. Venus blinked surprised, "That's all you want?" She asked.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

"I am a traveler; I walk for many moons before I can find a good place to rest." Virva explained softly, "You don't have a home?" Venus asked, Virva's eyes saddened at her words, no she didn't have a home, not anymore. She had walked across the land but still she had not place to call her own. Venus noticed the solemn look in her eyes and frowned, "I am sorry if I brought up bad memories." She said. Virva got up slowly and shook her head, "Worry not sugarcube, I am fine." She said. Venus blinked surprised, "S-Sugarcube?" She asked gently a little flustered by the nickname. Virva blinked, "I apologize, just a nickname, almost a habit now." She said looking ahead, "The best way to find your way home is to walk where you have been." She said as she looked away from Venus softly, "So which direction did you come from?" She asked. Venus looked at her quietly, she looked so sad and lonely, it concerned her greatly, perhaps her father would know how to help. "I think this way." Venus said heading back, "I remember." She said. Virva watched her go ahead before she followed behind her.

Venus lead the way Virva's mind wandered to a better time, she remembers having a friend that reminded her of Venus, how funny she should run into someone like him. She listened only slightly to what Venus was saying, she was talking about the others that lived at her ranch and she had to admit she was a little jealous, she always ended up jealous of those who were heading home. A place to live, someone to love you. It brought back an ache in her heart she wished would fade away, but scars never really heal and though the saying goes that they fade. Can they fade on a ghost? She let out a sparse sigh eventually she knew she would come to terms with the fact she was destined to be alone, but it would never make the pain go away any faster.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

"Virva!" Venus chirped eagerly when she noticed a gate in the distance, "That's it! This is my home!" She said, "You did it!" She said nuzzling the older heifer happily. Virva mused softly, "I didn't do much... just pointed you in the right direction." She said. Venus ran through the gate, "Mom! Dad!" She called, Marshellow rushed over to her side, "T-There you are!" She said worriedly as she nuzzled against her worriedly looking over, "Mom I'm fine, this nice heifer helped me get home." Venus said gently looking back to Virva who hesitantly approached them. Dashiell walked over, โ€œAre you okay? We looked all over for you." He said, "I'm sorry Daddy I got separated but Virva helped me get home." She said, Dashiell froze softly and turned looking at Virva who stood there silently staring in return. A wave of memories rushed over to her, the storm, the fire, the screams... the bleak look in her eyes before she closed them was heart breaking, she pinned her ears back looking away quietly.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

Dashiell's ears swiveled back slowly as he gently approached her, "Virva... is that you?" He asked warily, Virva gradually returned his gaze, their eyes met and instantly they knew, she moved to him and put her head against his chest before crying against him mournfully, it was the only way she could answer his question. Dashiell let her before he rested his head against hers comfortingly, Virva knew the two heifers would be confused but for the first time in a very long time she was overwhelmed with emotions and had no other way to express them. Who knew that this whole time she had been lost, it would be a vividly confused lost heifer that would actually help her find the one thing she had been looking for... that she thought she had lost forever... her best friend.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

"Daddy?" Venus asked confused, Marshmellow frowned worriedly, "Is she okay?" She asked softly. Dashiell looked at them, "This is Virva, we grew up together on the same farm, she was my best friend, I thought, I would never see you again." Dashiell said sadly to Virva, "As I you Dashi... I never imagined... I went back and I tried to find you, but you were gone. I thought you-" She cut herself off before she could say it shaking her head. Dashiell smiled at her sheepishly, "I escaped the fire... same as you, but I never did find my way back, I ended up here and I never left. I always wondered, what happened to you, I always hoped you would be okay." he spoke softly. Virva stepped back gently and nodded her head, "Likewise... except I never found a place to call home." She said. "You guys grew up together?" Venus asked, Dashiell and Virva looked at Venus and nodded, "You aren't an elderly cow?!" Venus gasped shocked by the revelation that Virva was actually close to her father in age. Virva's ears flicked annoyed, "D-Did you think I was?" She asked a little offended by the young heifer's insinuation. "N-Nooo..." Venus said obviously lying through her teeth, but Virva let it go... she had no reason to argue, she did look older than most, but she wasn't much older than Dashiell was.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

"No matter Sugarcube... it's fine..." Virva spoke gently to Venus relaxing as she did, "Daddy is it okay if Virva stayed to rest before she continued her journey?" Venus asked softly, "Of course." Dashiell said softly and looked at Marshmellow who nodded to confirm she agreed, he looked back at Virva softly and smiled seeing a flickering ember in her eyes burn once more with hope. "... may I stay for a while? I seem to be more tired than I thought I was." Virva said to him gently, he nodded his head, "As long as you want." Dashiell said, Virva had always been a free spirit, it was nice to see the life return to her somber eyes. Perhaps she had finally found her purpose here, at least for now she had a friend again. Maybe she would find a new purpose in staying here, for the first time in a very long time, she felt somewhat content.

โ˜…ยท.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยทโ˜…

A flame reignited inside of her would keep her going on the path she chose; destiny was a cruel mistress sometimes but once the light shines upon you fate smiles. She decided she would stay on the ranch and get to know everyone better and more important she would take her time thanking Venus for helping her find her way. She might be the will o' the wisps, but Venus truly was a beacon of light to follow.

Last edited by Ravendarus on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alledowaya » Sun May 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Quitting this one, did not have a muse
Last edited by Alledowaya on Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alledowaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavenderเฟ » Sun May 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Username: Ana the Derp
Name: Krishna
Prompt: wip

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
โ•ญxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฎ
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™#5098 - ยฉ
โ•ฐxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฏ

HoneyLavenderเฟ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Buttermilk #600 Tryout - Millie

Postby womp womp » Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 am

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”

Username: Diamond Sapphire
Name: Millie

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜

Prompt [1409/1500]:

โI've seen others on the brink of death. Every single time, it's been visibly unpleasant, and after their passing, it's always been filled with despair and sorrow. I've always wondered if I were to pass, would anyone care? Then I'd count the people who would. My mother, my two older sisters, my best friend, the friendly cow I met the other day . . . there was plenty.

Now, not so much. I'm on the death's bed, as frail and skinny as can be.

I used to know how to do a lot of things. Eat, drink, sleep. Now, I can't seem to know where to find food. All the creatures who would care if I lost this life were gone, either from view or from the world. With a final breath, my world turns black.
      โž

The smell of fresh hay and mud filled Millie's nose. She flickered her eyes opening, taking in several long breaths. Here, the air was much more crisp and pleasant than what it was before. It reminded her of her childhood.

xxxWhere was she? What had happened? Did she pass out? Why?

xxx"Hey... hey! Are you finally awake?" The sight of another heifer, who appeared quite young, was right in front of Millie. While her vision was fairly blurry, she could make out the soft brown eyes they had wore. They were a wee bit close for comfort, but Millie was too exhausted to care much. "Oh! Sorry if I disturbed you. When they brought you here, you seemed in pretty bad shape. I mean, I've seen other cows come and go here with all sorts of injuries, but gosh, you looked pretty terrible." They rambled. "Ah, sorry! I should probably stop talking so much. If you want food, it's right beside you. A few of the other cows snuck in earlier and munched on some, but I managed to kick them out." They appeared to beam with joy, and Millie offered them a smile.

xxx"Thank you, I suppose." She murmured weakly. "Uh, may I ask where I am? How did I - y'know - arrive here? And may I ask you who are?"

xxxThe other cow gave Millie an odd look before chuckling slightly. "Ah, yes! Sorry, my bad. I'm Bea. You were rescued and brought here, and given all your medications and whatnot. Do you still feel sore? Anyhow, this your very own stall. It's a wee bit bigger than the others since they wanted yours truly to keep you company, but other than that, I don't know too much. In fact, I've been stuck here the past hour or so waiting for you to wake up."

xxx"Oh, apologizes." Millie sighed softly. "I'm not too used to everything yet. The smells are much more enjoyable than before, that's for sure. In fact, I might just take a quick nibble on my food for a moment. I haven't eaten in ages." Millie gradually got up on all fours with a yawn. With a solemn turn, she proceeded to scarf down the food that was placed next to her, resulting in a smothered laugh from Bea.

xxx"Pfff, you know, you said a quick nibble. I don't think that's quite what you meant." Millie simply disregarded her comment. "Funny. Cows who come here usually don't have much of an appetite, but I suppose there's always going to be exceptions, yeah?"

xxxAt last, Millie raised her head with a pleased sigh. "You know, Bea. I think I'm going to like it here."

---

"Millie? Millie.....? C'mon, are you feeling better?" Bea's classic ecstatic voice rang through Millie's ears. Millie yawned, before craning her neck around to see the long smile of Bea. "You've already rested for so many days, aren't you getting bored? I want you to see the other cows from the rescue, and see the cow pasture! The sun is really bright this morning, you should see!" Bea had rambled on a bit more, though Millie felt a bit too tired to focus on what she was saying.

xxx"That's great, Bea." Millie mumbled halfheartedly, which was followed by an exasperated yawn.

xxxBea stared at Millie for a second before letting out a lengthy sigh. "Oh, you're no fun. Come on, you don't have to run around unless you want to! You can't stick yourself in here forever, you know. I betcha you can walk by now, yeah? I doubt you're that weak at this point." Bea let out another sigh, which ended with a frown. "Please, Millie? My job isn't to just blabber your ears off, I swear. I need to look out for you too."

xxx"Goodness, you're stubborn, aren't you?" Millie grumbled. "But if you insist, I suppose a bit of sunshine won't hurt me, hm?

xxxBea's smile from earlier returned. "Yeah! That's the spirit!" She laughed, before signaling to Millie to follow. "C'mon! If you don't like it, we can always return, if you want." Bea offered sympathetically. "I guess it probably is a bit of a pain to walk... yeah?"

xxxMillie scoffed. "It's okay, Bea." She murmured reassuringly. "I suppose I do need some fresh air." The gray heifer halted suddenly, a smile forming gradually. "Just don't get used to me caving in. I can be almost as stubborn as you, if you're unlucky!"

xxxIt took a bit of struggle, but they eventually made it onto the pasture. Bea had been right, the fresh air and sunlight had been relaxing to stand under. The grass was delicious, the smells were much less icky, though Millie didn't quite find the energy to willingly interact with any other cows, which Bea found terribly lame. "Maybe next time." Millie would retort. "You're lucky enough to get me out here, you don't need to convince me to do other things now. Besides, I quite enjoy just standing around, contrary to what you make like."

xxxBea frowned, but had forced herself to restrain herself from laughing. "Lame."

---

There had been many times where Millie had to say goodbye. To a little mouse she had befriended, an old friend and even her mother. Every time there would always be so much despair and pain that would hang onto her heart, and Millie never quite knew how to handle it. Wail? Complain? Try to hide her feelings? Even with all of that, nothing would ever be able to suppress her intense feelings of heartache, especially when she never expected to feel so attached to someone.

xxxBea had never mentioned that Millie would have to leave one day. Once she was fully up to health and stable, she would find another barn to live the rest of her days in. Bea mentioned how usually it was an exciting experience, as they would be able to move on from their past life and live a new one. But... this was Millie's new life. This was her home, and this was the place she expected to live the rest of her days on. She never once thought about having to leave. But the only thing Millie would miss so greatly was the young, soft brown-eyed heifer that once used to annoy the living daylights out of Millie. Bea.

xxxBut it was time for Millie to leave. Everything was set up, ready for her to depart. It was that day that she realized how much happiness that youthful brown-eyed heifer brought her, almost like they were Millie's daughter. A daughter that took care of her through her toughest times, and the daughter that she would never see again. The daughter that would still stay in her heart till the end of time.

xxx"Goodbye, Millie!" Bea called out.

xxxMillie couldn't bare to look back. I'll miss you, Bea. I really hope that you know that. I really do.

---

Millie's new life wasn't too pleasant as before. The food wasn't as delicious, the pasture was much smaller, and the sunlight seemed to not shine as bright, or it could've just been Millie's imagination. To be fair, there wasn't too many cows that roamed the barn. It seemed to be Millie, and a few others that she never really felt the need to talk to. Bottom line being that her new life wasn't too... spectacular.

xxxIt was one ordinary day before she head a familiar moo from the stalls. What she didn't expect was a friendly pair of brown eyes, staring back at her.

xxxAnd a smile appeared on Millie's face.

xxxBea.
Last edited by womp womp on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Mon May 27, 2019 11:27 am

Mark! QwQ
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am

ImageImageImage
Username wrote:cautiousculpeo

Name wrote:Image
(Portuguese pronunciation: [ฮฒiษหˆtษพiส’]) is a Portuguese female first name. The name in Latin means 'brings joy' and in other languages also means 'she who brings others happiness'.

Gender wrote:Heifer

Prompt wrote:Pay attention to the sunshine,
the sunshine is the most liquid atmospheric condition of all.
Never forget the fluent and fluid sunshine.

The rain that's really damp,
Above all others is the drizzle.
Are you upset by how dull it is?
Does it tear you apart to see the drizzle so dampish?

When I think of the fug, I see a thick air.
Never forget the shrimpy and petty fug.

When I think of the greyness, I see a ghostly reception.
A greyness is woolly. a greyness is muzzy,
a greyness is muddled, however.

How happy is the deep cumulonimbus!
Are you upset by how big it is?
Does it tear you apart to see the cumulonimbus so cryptic?

How happy is the clammy darkness!
Never forget the wet and dank darkness.

I saw the the sticky conceal of my generation destroyed,
How I mourned the fog.
Down, down, down into the darkness of the fog,
Gently it goes - the pasty, the adhesive, the viscid.

How happy is the restless nighttime!
Does the nighttime make you shiver?
does it?

All that is large is not dusk,
dusk, by all account is little.
Does the dusk make you shiver?
does it?
Last edited by cautiousculpeo on Wed May 29, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raining » Mon May 27, 2019 5:10 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImagexxx

xx

xxxxxxxxxxxx Image.... raining
xxxxxxxxxxxxImage.............pluvia (meaning rain in latin, named after her grey coat, based off
..................................................of where she was found in the prompt, and her love for rain.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxImage......... heifer โ™€

a light drizzle of rain showers the flowery meadow around her, as she lays serenely in the
soft plush bed of green beneath her. with each drop that gently splits against her coat,
she sees it as a pat on the shoulder; a reminder that she will not be alone forever.

although she enjoys her little hushed meadow, she does wonder what it might be like with
someone keeping her company. maybe even a heifer just like her. she had lost her parents as a
young calf, awaking during a storm with no trace of their whereabouts.

as she falls into slumber, she dreams of a meadow full of other heifers and bulls, just like herself.
little does she know, her dreams would soon become a reality, as she is suddenly awakened,
met by the sight of a young girl with her hand gently placed on her head. โ€œdonโ€™t be startled, iโ€™m
here to help you!โ€she motions to someone behind her to come over. โ€œthereโ€™s a storm brewing, you
should really be somewhere warm indoors huh?โ€ confused, she lays paralyzed. โ€œcome on, letโ€™s get
her all ready. I think Iโ€™ll name you pluvia, you seem to like the rain!โ€ she follows, and closes her
eyes, thanking the rain for what it has finally brought her.

(this was lightly based off of a farm animal sanctuary near me,
protecting farm animals of all kinds. itโ€™s called the alice sanctuary if you
would like to check it out! itโ€™s a very good cause. (also based off the little moo of course))

and yes, pluvia ended up safe and warm with lots of other heifer friends in misty meadows!
potentially wielding a barn in the future! โ™ก

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wip (this looks absolutely awful on mobile, so heres a mobile friendly image ;w;)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by raining on Thu May 30, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

trades // cottontails // buttermilks
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”