Viscet #2883 by milo.

Based on Click to view
Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2883

Postby milo. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am

the most important thing is not to live, but to have a reason to live.

so, i definitely binged Detroit: Become Human and i decided that a series of the characters were in order. Connor is my precious angel, and i love him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but he'll come later. i have about 8 in the works, with two more coming today <3

this Viscet has had the same routine all their life, but something feels... different lately

for this competition, i'd like an explanation as to what's changing in their life and how they feel about it in 1k words or less

are they excited for this change of pace? are they scared of it? do they want to go back to simple routine, or explore life outside the routine more?

i will allow two extras; either two art pieces, 2 short stories of 500 words MAX, or one of each (1 art piece, one story of 500 words MAX)

this comp will end on December 21st

username:
      name:
      what is changing, and how do they feel about it?: 1k words or less
      - 2 extras: 2 art pieces, 2 short stories (500 words max) or one of each
Last edited by milo. on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2383

Postby Prince Audric » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 am

wow I really like this.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pacsaj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

Yes! Defiantly entering.

(I love Detroit!!)
Last edited by Pacsaj on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•Icon made by Doosio on DA

Pacsaj

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spitfyre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

Mark! Gorgeous!

My very first
CB Prize!!
Spitfyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow Striker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 am

username: Shadow Striker
name: Gage Proust
gender for breeding purposes: male
what is changing, and how do they feel about it?:

“Think about the offer, and then get back to me, G.”

The captain’s paws left his, leaving them cold and exposed to the outside air, and she exited the conference room. Wyx gave Gage much to consider, and he shivered as his nerves flared to life. Captain Vemora Calawyx just offered him the prestigious role of first officer to her beloved craft, the CSS Phoenix, but one stipulation hung in the air: most of the crew he knew and loved would board the new CSS Minokawa come her launch, including Captain Wyx herself. They would all move on to a new chapter of their lives, leaving him behind to start anew alone.

Or he could leave to board the Minokawa in her maiden voyage with the people who have grown to be his only family over the years and keep his position as Captain Calawyx’s chief engineer. It was a role so familiar, it brought great comfort and familiarity to the vast uncertainty of space. Minokawa however would be a learning curve, her design brand new and untested. Anything could go wrong.

Either decision he made left his life full of uncertainty, full of new beginnings. Anxiety bubbled in his chest, and he tapped his tail nervously upon the ground. Gathering up his holoscreens, he retreated to his quarters, ready to analyze his choices as thoroughly as possible.

Gage squinted at the clock, annoyed to have woken up five minutes before his alarm. The last few weeks his sleep had been subpar, though he contributed much of that to the hemming and hawing he had been doing. He created lists, pros and cons, and wrote a twelve page analysis trying to figure out which choice would be right, and he finally settled on his decision.

After careful consideration, Gage had decided that staying on the Phoenix to be the first officer for the new captain would be best. He knew the ship and could still help in engineering if needed, as well as further his own career. The Phoenix was his home. Since deciding, the viscet enrolled in the necessary captaincy curriculum in the academy and had been studying diligently since. Today though, he woke on his free day to help see his friends off as they departed on the recently completed Minokawa.

The Minokawa was a feat to be proud of. The improved design of the starship allowed for interdimensional travel, something Captain Wyx helped create herself. She worked tirelessly on the ship, always pushing the team to make the Minokawa faster and more efficient with better navigation, fuel system, and controls. Gage envied the new crew and how they would get to explore different realities, something in the past dubbed impossible. They would be the talk of Cygnus, no, the galaxy.

And he would miss them greatly.

Gage knew he had made the proper decision however. He couldn’t regret his choice this late in the game. Shaking his head, he cleared his doubts and went to clean up for the Minokawa’s launch. Brushing his coat, he hurriedly readied himself for the day. Once content that he was presentable, Gage grabbed his pack and darted out the door.

The best part of being enrolled in courses again on base was that he only had to walk about ten minutes to get to the launch site. The starship bay overflowed with the crowd who came to witness the historic launch. Pushing his way through the crowd, he made his way to the front, where his old crew stood before him, answering questions in what was probably one of the galaxy’s most tiring press conference.

Wyx stood at the mic, flanked by her lieutenants. No new face stood among them as chief engineer however. Wyx was probably waiting until she had time to evaluate the engineering team before appointing someone. Gage felt a pang of longing to stand amongst his friends as they answered questions of their upcoming voyage, wishing he could join them for one final expedition.

The ceremony proceeded much as anticipated and finally, the crew waved their farewells and started boarding the craft. Captain Calawyx hung to the back of the crowd, surveying the sea of attendees before locking eyes with Gage and gave him a melancholic smile. In that instant, Gage realized he made the wrong choice. He belonged with his team as they started their new journey.

“Wait!” He cried, just as Vemora stepped foot into the Minokawa. The shout caught her ears, and Wyx turned around to find Gage sprinting towards the ship. “I can’t be the first officer of the Phoenix,” he panted, out of breath. “I belong with our crew, with our team. Is it too late to accept the position as chief of the engineering department?”

The captain’s eyes widened in surprise by his question, but soon she beamed ear to ear. “G, I thought you’d never ask! There’s always room for you with us.” Holding out a paw, she helped Gage board the Minokawa and the mouth of the great ship closed shut behind them.

The systems roared to life, illuminating the halls of the new ship, the interior unfamiliar but so reminiscent of the Phoenix, he instantly felt at home. His anxiety boiled beneath the surface as he ran his paw over the smooth metal walls as they proceeded to the the bridge

“Anyone have a manual for this metal monster?” He joked, chuckling nervously, remembering he knew almost nothing of the redesigned ship.

Wyx pulled Gage to face her, her paws on his shoulder, sensing his stress. “Listen closely Gage Proust. You know your job, you know your ship, you know your stuff. Most importantly, you have us to rely on. We will not let you fall. Breathe easy. The ship will thrive under your care.”

Gage exhaled a breath he never realized he was holding and nodded. She was right. With this team, nothing could get them down. [990/1000]

Captain Vemora Calawyx (Wyx) is owned by me
Last edited by Shadow Striker on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Avatar is made by the wonderful Yugi
~My Viscets~

Mordecai and Aonani owned by me.

Art by bellumi
Marrock and Whispering Echoes owned by me.
Aviana owned by ~Phantom
Art By Grifforik
Shadow Striker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrashFan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am

Mark
TrashFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crackerbox_palace » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 pm

mark! gonna watch this one
I actually want to have my custom done based off of rk900 in the near future, so when I have them official I am totally open to relationships!
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2883

Postby Shadow Striker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 am

When does this close today? I want to know if I have time to add extras to my form ^.^
Avatar is made by the wonderful Yugi
~My Viscets~

Mordecai and Aonani owned by me.

Art by bellumi
Marrock and Whispering Echoes owned by me.
Aviana owned by ~Phantom
Art By Grifforik
Shadow Striker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2883

Postby milo. » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:19 am

I'll close this at 11:59pm, PST !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Congratulations, and happy holidays! I'll update everything when I get to my laptop tonight after work ♡

Shadow Striker wrote:username: Shadow Striker
name: Gage Proust
gender for breeding purposes: male
what is changing, and how do they feel about it?:

“Think about the offer, and then get back to me, G.”

The captain’s paws left his, leaving them cold and exposed to the outside air, and she exited the conference room. Wyx gave Gage much to consider, and he shivered as his nerves flared to life. Captain Vemora Calawyx just offered him the prestigious role of first officer to her beloved craft, the CSS Phoenix, but one stipulation hung in the air: most of the crew he knew and loved would board the new CSS Minokawa come her launch, including Captain Wyx herself. They would all move on to a new chapter of their lives, leaving him behind to start anew alone.

Or he could leave to board the Minokawa in her maiden voyage with the people who have grown to be his only family over the years and keep his position as Captain Calawyx’s chief engineer. It was a role so familiar, it brought great comfort and familiarity to the vast uncertainty of space. Minokawa however would be a learning curve, her design brand new and untested. Anything could go wrong.

Either decision he made left his life full of uncertainty, full of new beginnings. Anxiety bubbled in his chest, and he tapped his tail nervously upon the ground. Gathering up his holoscreens, he retreated to his quarters, ready to analyze his choices as thoroughly as possible.

Gage squinted at the clock, annoyed to have woken up five minutes before his alarm. The last few weeks his sleep had been subpar, though he contributed much of that to the hemming and hawing he had been doing. He created lists, pros and cons, and wrote a twelve page analysis trying to figure out which choice would be right, and he finally settled on his decision.

After careful consideration, Gage had decided that staying on the Phoenix to be the first officer for the new captain would be best. He knew the ship and could still help in engineering if needed, as well as further his own career. The Phoenix was his home. Since deciding, the viscet enrolled in the necessary captaincy curriculum in the academy and had been studying diligently since. Today though, he woke on his free day to help see his friends off as they departed on the recently completed Minokawa.

The Minokawa was a feat to be proud of. The improved design of the starship allowed for interdimensional travel, something Captain Wyx helped create herself. She worked tirelessly on the ship, always pushing the team to make the Minokawa faster and more efficient with better navigation, fuel system, and controls. Gage envied the new crew and how they would get to explore different realities, something in the past dubbed impossible. They would be the talk of Cygnus, no, the galaxy.

And he would miss them greatly.

Gage knew he had made the proper decision however. He couldn’t regret his choice this late in the game. Shaking his head, he cleared his doubts and went to clean up for the Minokawa’s launch. Brushing his coat, he hurriedly readied himself for the day. Once content that he was presentable, Gage grabbed his pack and darted out the door.

The best part of being enrolled in courses again on base was that he only had to walk about ten minutes to get to the launch site. The starship bay overflowed with the crowd who came to witness the historic launch. Pushing his way through the crowd, he made his way to the front, where his old crew stood before him, answering questions in what was probably one of the galaxy’s most tiring press conference.

Wyx stood at the mic, flanked by her lieutenants. No new face stood among them as chief engineer however. Wyx was probably waiting until she had time to evaluate the engineering team before appointing someone. Gage felt a pang of longing to stand amongst his friends as they answered questions of their upcoming voyage, wishing he could join them for one final expedition.

The ceremony proceeded much as anticipated and finally, the crew waved their farewells and started boarding the craft. Captain Calawyx hung to the back of the crowd, surveying the sea of attendees before locking eyes with Gage and gave him a melancholic smile. In that instant, Gage realized he made the wrong choice. He belonged with his team as they started their new journey.

“Wait!” He cried, just as Vemora stepped foot into the Minokawa. The shout caught her ears, and Wyx turned around to find Gage sprinting towards the ship. “I can’t be the first officer of the Phoenix,” he panted, out of breath. “I belong with our crew, with our team. Is it too late to accept the position as chief of the engineering department?”

The captain’s eyes widened in surprise by his question, but soon she beamed ear to ear. “G, I thought you’d never ask! There’s always room for you with us.” Holding out a paw, she helped Gage board the Minokawa and the mouth of the great ship closed shut behind them.

The systems roared to life, illuminating the halls of the new ship, the interior unfamiliar but so reminiscent of the Phoenix, he instantly felt at home. His anxiety boiled beneath the surface as he ran his paw over the smooth metal walls as they proceeded to the the bridge

“Anyone have a manual for this metal monster?” He joked, chuckling nervously, remembering he knew almost nothing of the redesigned ship.

Wyx pulled Gage to face her, her paws on his shoulder, sensing his stress. “Listen closely Gage Proust. You know your job, you know your ship, you know your stuff. Most importantly, you have us to rely on. We will not let you fall. Breathe easy. The ship will thrive under your care.”

Gage exhaled a breath he never realized he was holding and nodded. She was right. With this team, nothing could get them down. [990/1000]

Captain Vemora Calawyx (Wyx) is owned by me
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me