Based on Click to view
Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1176

Postby Placebo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

Tell me about this cat's favorite bird to eat and why! Feel free to interpret it as you wish, like a story of when they first tasted it or what significance the prey holds in their life.

Ends on the 21st at 11:59 pm PST

Username: glitched.
    Cat Name: Turtle | Turtlepatch | Patches of the Painted Turtle
    Clan: Cats of the Tides

Description: Torbie point with bright blue eyes and minimal white.

Other Features: None
    Siblings: None Living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Placebo on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1176

Postby kaminari.denki » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Username: glitched.
Cat Name: Turtle | Turtlepatch | Patches of the Painted Turtle
Clan: Cats of the Tides
(please excuse the mess as I transfer my clan)

Favorite Bird and Why:
"Turtle, must you always do this? Just leave them alone before they peck your eyes out!" came the whispered hiss of Reef as he and the rest of the patrol crouched out of sight. "I'd like to get home in time to spend more than just a few seconds with my mate, if you please."

The long haired she-cat swished her tail to silence him, eyes on her prize as she crept forward slowly. "Not my fault you decided to mate a Fengári cat, Reef.." she mumbled lowly, glancing up at a loud squawk to make sure she wasn't noticed. A brief pause confirmed that another seagull was simply diving into the ocean and was paying her no mind.

She allowed a slight smirk to make its way onto her face as she continued to creep forward, sea air blowing the smell of salt and a nesting seagull right towards her. There was no way she could miss her shot at these birds this time.

Unfortunately, it seemed as though the wind had different plans, picking up and switching directions, her scent now being blown directly towards the nesting bird and the rest of her family and a mix of panicked and annoyed squawks filled the air. Wings flapped heavily and the birds began to take off, forcing Turtle to make a desperate leap for her target. Her claws only just snagged on a few loose tail feathers and her paw hit the sand empty.

"Oh, for Solis' sake!" she screeched in annoyance, kicking the sand and not noticing a group of the normally loud birds circling above her silently.

"Turtle! Get out of there!" Reef called, popping his head over the crest of a hill and beckoning wildly as he glanced up at the sky.

"Alright! Keep your claws in!" she snapped, trudging her way through the sand with her ears flat back as irritation pickled through her fur. She'd almost caught her prized prey this time if the wind hadn't betrayed her: though if it was easy, it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

"Turtle!"

"What! What do you-" A loud squawk caught her attention and she looked up to see five birds dive bombing her and her fur bushed in panic. How could she have been so stupid to forget that these birds liked to fight back.

Beaks snapped at her face and tail while wings beat at her fur, Turtle hissing in anger as she batted at the attacking avians. Being that there were more of them than of her, it took her a moment to escape and the moment she did, she fled to the safety of her patrol where Reef was watching her with unfiltered amusement.

"Would it have killed you to help?" she scoffed, shaking a few feathers from her fur as she fell into step with the other cats, the patrol finally heading back to camp as the sun touched the edge of ocean.

"Maybe.."

"Fishface," she snorted, shoving the older tom with a playful growl.

"Perhaps stop trying to catch birds that fight back and I'll help you next time."

"Where's the fun in a simple mouse, thrush or water vole? Those just run away. There's no challenge!" she insisted. "Besides, I've caught one once and I'm not going to stop until I catch one again! Best meal I've ever had!"
Last edited by kaminari.denki on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

aiden || he/they || slytherin
ArtFightDappervolk
toyhou.se: TranScribe
discord: FireLordLee #9462

Halloween is ✨5 9 days✨ away
kaminari.denki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Username: grizzly.
Cat Name: Smudgecloud
Clan: PikeClan

Favorite Bird and Why: Smudgecloud’s favorite bird is a barn swallow, although it’s rather rare for her to come across a barn swallow in the clan’s territory. The reason behind it being her favorite, is she was in fact born as a barn cat. She lived there with her siblings and their father. It brings her fond memories to think back on when her father would bring her and her six other siblings a barn swallow to share. Her and her siblings didn’t really have actual names, but her father had always called her Smudge because of her pelt. Smudge was the only female of her deceased mother’s litter and she believed she was her father’s favorite, which wouldn’t necessarily be a far stretch from the truth. In fact, it was her father that taught her how to hunt birds and mice at a young age, and her first kill was when she was four moons old, of course with the help of her father.

It was one night, the night she joined the clan that stamped the barn swallow as her favorite bird. Her father was out, she was playing with her siblings in the hay when her father comes barreling into the barn, eyes wild before starting to shoo his kits out of a small hole in the barn, but stopped Smudge right before she squeezed through the hole, “don’t forget where you came from, Smudge. You’ll always be my little girl. When you see a barn swallow I hope you’ll think of me and know I tried my best to care for you and your brothers.” He mewed softly before diving her out the small hole. Now, whenever she sees the small blue and orange bird, she thinks of where she came from and how her father tried so hard to care for seven kits without their mother. It wasn’t always easy, but she knew he tried his best to care for them.
Last edited by grizzly. on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feminine » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 pm

mark
feminine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pm

-
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Username: Wolfiedog3
    Cat Name: FeatherJump
    Clan:

Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ mapleclaw | rise | #1176

Postby nightshyne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:52 pm

username ;; rockpelt.
clan link;; boulderclan

name ;; mapleclaw
gender ;; female
age ;; 25 moons
rank ;; warrior

prompt ;;
Maplekit leaped into the air and brought down the monster that flew above her. Her claws pierced its body with precision and she watched as the wings underneath her tore. “Wow, Maplekit!” Her brother, Emberkit, shouted with immense proudness. “You took down that eagle so quickly!” The she-cat puffed out her chest.

“I’m a natural, aren’t I?” Maplekit smirked. “Did you catch anything?” Emberkit nodded enthusiastically, flicking his tail towards the small creature that lay dead near their sister Flowerkit, who was busy trying to keep her own catch from flying away.

“It’s just a sparrow. Nothing too special.” Hearing how disheartened he sounded, Maplekit pressed her nose to his cheek, making him lose balance.

“C’mon, don’t be like that! You caught something. There are kits our age who can’t catch anything!” Maplekit looked over her shoulder to the nursery, where Riverkit and Cloudkit were curled up asleep. There were only a few days difference in their ages, yet Maplekit and her siblings were significantly more alive than the other two.

Emberkit helped tug Maplekit’s catch over to Flowerkit. “Look at what Maplekit caught!” The tortie’s cheeks were warm from the look her sister gave her.

“Maplekit… It’s massive.” Flowerkit padded around the deceased creature, admiring its sheer size.

“It’s an eagle.” Maplekit was met with a pair of curious eyes.

“How’d you do it?” Her sister’s voice was quiet. In a swift few moves, Maplekit leaped into the air once more, demonstrating her moves; her claws sliced through the air like she was in a mighty battle, her life depending on every move she made.

A growl from the nursery made the three siblings turn around. Streamnose, their foster mother, was eyeing them all like they were nothing more but prey. “Get in here. Now.” Knowing better than to disobey the queen’s commands, the three quietly padded into the nursery without even glancing back at their catches. Emberkit and Flowerkit curled up near their foster siblings, but Maplekit was pulled back. “You need to stop forcing them to play that stupid moth game!” Her voice was rough, and the she-kit gulped. “You will never catch an eagle, Maplekit. You won’t even be able to catch a stupid sparrow. You will be nothing more than fodder for this clan.” With a harsh push, Streamnose threw her into the den.

Maplekit’s heart pounded in her ears. She’d show her. She would catch an eagle.

Just as soon as she was old enough to leave the nursery for good.

--

The mighty bird towered above her clanmates, cawing to the sun above. In all her life, Mapleclaw had yet to encounter an eagle. Despite her promise made to herself in the nursery that night, she never had the chance to put it into action. For a split moment, her eyes drifted to the flat surface below; BoulderClan’s camp. Blood pooled in the centre, with Tigerstep’s limp body laying atop the mess. Aldertail and Falcondream passed herbs to each other in an attempt to stop the bleeding. But they were all just a blur as Mapleclaw looked toward the sky once more. Roseflame stood behind her as support, but as soon as the she-cat opened her mouth, Mapleclaw pounced into the air. Within moments, her claws pierced the eagle’s wing. It let out a scream, though the beast couldn’t do anything as her back legs ripped into its stomach. With tremendous strength, she flipped her body above the eagle and forced it down.

The fall to the camp was over in an instant, the eagle’s bones breaking on impact. Mapleclaw tumbled from the bird and felt blood trickling down her leg. Her entire body collapsed as she attempted to walk. Falcondream rushed over to her side, leaving Aldertail with the still semi-conscious Tigerstep. The tom gasped as he saw the talon that was stuck in her leg. Mapleclaw heard him say something about pain but couldn’t understand the sounds he made. They all blurred to one as pain shocked her entire body; the talon was pulled out quick and fast, but not without immense pain. Unconsciousness soon followed.

--

“I love eagles.” Mapleclaw whispered to Aldertail. The tom had offered to stay with her while Falcondream went to look for some more herbs. Tigerstep was asleep and didn’t require any immediate care, but he could tell the she-cat needed someone to talk to.

He flicked his ear at her words. “Even with that massive hole in your leg?” Mapleclaw nodded.

“They’re so powerful, you know? Powerful, and dangerous, and beautiful. Just look at Tigerstep.” The pair looked over at the sleeping cat. “One bird did all of that. He could have bled out if it wasn’t for you and Falcondream.” Aldertail nodded slowly at her explanation. Her reasoning was strange, but he understood where she was coming from.

“Does that mean Eaglefoot will be your mate?” He laughed as her tail flicked him in the face.

There was a big difference between the mighty creature that ruled the skies, and the young and ambitious tabby. Deep down, Mapleclaw didn’t know which she loved more.
Last edited by nightshyne on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlToTheWind » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Username: HowlToTheWind
Cat Name: Heathertuft
Clan: Foxclan

Favorite Bird and Why: WIP
Cain ∙ all prns ∙ isfp ∙ capricorn
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
thstableart shopcredit
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"stop thinking so much"
HowlToTheWind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Username: dolly
      Cat Name: rowanflight
      Clan: jayclan

Favorite Bird and Why: the blue jay. if theirs one thing to define rowanflight, it's loyalty. especially her loyalty to her clan. the blue jay is a sacred symbol of the clan as clearly shown in their name. from her first memories, she knew she'd do everything in her power to serve and protect her clan. her name even came to reflect that. she was given the warrior name of rowanflight due to her ability to climb and catch birds such as the blue jay, almost as if she were an eagle in flight.
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zombiehund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Username: Zombiehund
Cat Name: Dappleflame
Clan: Eichclan

Favorite Bird and Why:
Dappleflames favorit bird is the Sparrow. Not only was it the first bird she ever catched, but it also reminds her of her Brother Sparrowfang. They were littermates and trained together, but she hasn't seen him since she left her Clan to join Eichclan. She often wonders how he is doing and hopes he is happy in his clan.
Last edited by Zombiehund on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items