Based on Click to view
Artist Shadowflight13 [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1117

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To enter, you must own a founder and be at level 1, or must not have a founder form submitted and can adopt this cat as your founder!

Tell me how this cat feels about snow! Do they love it? Hate it? Find it mildly inconvenient? Up to you! You have no more than 300 words to do this.

This contest will end on November 9th at 11:59 pm EST.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username: Canary22
    Cat Name: Barkshine
    Clan: Dawnclan

Description: A long-haired brown marbled tabby with light hazel eyes.

Other Features:
    Siblings: None Living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Shadowflight13 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1107

Postby cyberdragon725 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Username: cyberdragon725
Cat Name: Mink of The Frozen Stream
Clan: The Tribe of Frosted Pines

Prompt:
Mink is far too familiar with snow. The burning cold underfoot, the harsh winds pushing falling ice through the thick layers of her fur, so many sensations brought upon her by her frosted foe. At least, that's how she used to feel. Over time, she found her hostility towards snow fading, the cold being replaced with a grudging respect for the risks yet advantages brought by a snow filled sky as well as a sense of gratitude. After all, if it weren't for the snow, she would never be where she is today.

She could recall it clearly. How the cold seemed to drain the life from her, her form collapsed with exhaustion. How she whispered prayers to starclan yet they never seemed to show her mercy as a blizzard whipped around her. She recalls the snow piling up on top of her, seeping wetness through her stiff furs. She sobbed gently as the last of her strength faded and darkness began to fill her sight she knew her time had come.

Her first thought when she began to wake was that death was painful. Her muscles ached and her body felt ever so hot. Still, she could hear the muffled sound of voices around her. Caution grew in her as she tried to force her eyes open. Wincing at the bright light, she heard a soft voice come near. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

That was the day she met the tribe as well as Light and Vixen. The hunter had found her, half frozen and dead, and carried her back to the tribe. Now she lived with them, hunting alongside her tribe-mates and repaying the tribe for all they've done for her. After all, the snow may be dangerous, but in these mountains, it brings cats together.
(299/300)
Last edited by cyberdragon725 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Username: .Lyrebird
Cat Name: Lily- [ lily, in reference to tiger lilies and her gorgeous leaf green eyes /
Clan: GaleClan

Prompt: As a molly who is *always* overheating and looking for ways to cool down, Lily- *loves* snow. The first snowfall each year sees her outside, searching for the perfect spot to make her winter nest, and she will sleep in the powdery white fluff until it begins to melt.
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Username: Canary22
Cat Name: Barkshine
Clan: Dawnclan

Prompt:
Barkshine wrinkled up her nose as she peered out of her den. The ground was covered with a light blanket of snow, and gentle flakes drifted from the sky. It didn't snow much in Dawnclan's territory, but when it did, the forest became a magical place. At least, that's what the Twolegs and most other cats thought. Barkshine had a different opinion. She thought that snow was wet, cold and disruptive of the day's activities. The prey always hid in its dens when snowfall was near, which made hunting difficult. It also brought things like whitecough and other illnesses, which were a hazard to all, especially kits. But worst of all was what it did to her fur.

Being a longhaired cat sometimes wasn't easy for Barkshine. It got caught in everything, and was a nightmare to clean. But when it got wet, like when she got snow on it and it melted, it didn't dry out for hours, sometimes not even until the next day. Being wet meant being cold, and Barkshine despised both things. Deciding that she would be petty (and that she didn't want tot get her paws wet), Barkshine came to the conclusion that she would stay in her den all day. She would eat no prey, and would therefore not have to hunt any.

(219 words)
Last edited by coppercanary on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

// canary // they/them // zoology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:35 am

Username: beau-tiful
Cat Name: Riverstep
Clan: Featherclan

Prompt: Res with a sweet, gentle boy who loves the snow and all that comes with it

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:24 am

Username: Chimericect
    Cat Name: Drypaw
      Drybones // Dry desert where heat beats down on barren bones
    Clan: Tribe of roaring flames
      To be messenger

Prompt:
      ”The...snow?” Drypaw asked curiously. “What’s that?”

“You haven’t seen the snow before?” Thrushpaw asked curiously, widening his eyes in horror.

“Well, no.” Drypaw admitted. “Mama never let us out of the barn, it wasn’t until... well the tribe helped us that I’ve seen the outside. It’s... weird.”

“Oh, right. I don’t remember tribe life all that well, but the snow! It’s cold and white. Everything is covered by it, and lots of things die.”

“Oh.” Drypaw sat quietly, looking uncomfortably at the sky. “I don’t think I like the snow, then. I don’t think I would be able to hide very well,” she murmured, glancing at her bright pelt. It would definitely stand out in a blanket of white. “And i can’t fight it? So we would just die?”

“Pretty much.” Thrushpaw said bluntly, remembering how the plants shriveled up and withered, the prey being scarce. It was a scary time, but they made it through!

Drypaw, however, could only envision a land of white, everything was gone. Her new clan was drowning beneath the cold, white blanket of doom. Drypaw gulped and flattened her ears against her head. “Oh,” was all she could manage for a moment. “ I don’t think I like the snow very much.”

—-
      Essentially, she has a fundamental understanding of what it is and what will happen come first snowfall.

[ 226 words ]
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clarke, » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:09 am

Username: clarke kom skaikru
Cat Name: charcoaltail
Clan: drizzleclan

Prompt: charcoaltail blinked at bright, untouched white surface. it sparkled like freshly fallen dew in the morning, and it was something he’d only seen one other time. he’d never touched it before, always being confined behind his twoleg’s windows. he yawned sleepily, his sharp teeth glinting against the reflection of the sun. he gave his fur a final grooming before he put his toes in the cool, soft snow. he purred at the sensation, his eyes widening as he moved further out. he felt like a fish in water, only the water was snow! he boundes through it, making a mess of the once-perfect structure. he noticed his clanmates beginning to wake up, especially the fiery spirit waspsting, and an idea came across his mind. he burrowed deep into the snow, hiding from sight. crunch, crunch, crunch. the ginger she-cat was getting closer. waiting for the perfect moment, charcoaltail leapt from his hiding spot, getting a well earned screech from waspsting. she practically spit fire at him (he was positive her anger would melt the snow), while he sat, looking at her innocently. he held back a mrrow of laughter, his tail curled tightly in amusement. yes, he quite liked snow.
[200 words]
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 am

Username: liightning
    Cat Name: Pikesnap
    Clan: DeltaClan

Prompt: [ 300 / 300 ]
    "It's snowing!" Wrenstar's small paws barely made imprints in the snow. "Join me for a walk!"
    "You must have bees in your brain," the elder muttered crossly. "Snow means to stay warm and not go running around in the marsh." His thick fur was fluffed out against the chill, his rasping breath making little white clouds in the frosty air.
    "Bet you haven't seen the marsh freeze!" The young she-cat nudged his shoulder.
    "Of course I have," he snorted. "I've been here seasons longer than you have."
    Wrenstar wasn't deterred. "Maybe we'll find some fish frozen in the ice!" Her tongue swiped over her jaws. "Easy prey!" Without waiting for a reply, she bounded out of the den, yowling teasingly, "Last one to the delta is a minnow!"
    Pikesnap frowned as the crunching of snow faded away. Can't have her freezing to death, he reluctantly decided, slowly rising to his paws. He winced as sharp jabs of pain jolted up his legs. He felt a little better once he was moving, though - a rhythmic pattern of left paw, right paw. The pain faded away as the frosty air embraced him. He lumbered across the marsh, following Wrenstar's mottled pelt flashing through the frozen reeds. She stopped abruptly where the river split like the branches of a tree.
    "Look!"
    Pikesnap followed her gaze out onto the delta. The sun glittered on the crystal-clear ice and the sky was a pale shade of blue. He'd seen this every marsh-frost, but something about this time was more stunning. Everything was so light and clean and glimmering. Breathing came easier, and his aching joints finally subsided.
    "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Wrenstar breathed.
    Pikesnap felt a smile creeping across his muzzle. Despite his original reluctance, he was glad he'd come out after all.
    "Beautiful."
Last edited by liightning on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

liight (she/they)

artist who draws silly and funky characters
    <--- enoki is my baby boy

discord: ask! || twitter: liightpinked
    toyhouse: liightning || art fight: liightning
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 am

Username: zippo.
Cat Name: jadebranch
Clan: The Land of Three Crows

Prompt: 299/300
"Winter is coming" Jade murmured, staring out of the den with a hardened expression.

"The air will become crisp, hopefully it snows. It's refreshing" Doveshiver smiled, looking up to the masculine cat next to her.

"Refreshing" They repeated, the word rolling around in their mind. He glanced down to the young molly who smiled brightly towards him. She was optimistic, an air of positivity that he couldn't escape.

"You don't think so" It wasn't as much of a question as it was a statement. She tilted her head with curiosity to egg him into talking more. She knew he was a tom of few words.

He tore his eyes from her and stared back into the wilderness before them. "The prey run to warmer hills, the predators become crazed with starvation. The air reeks of desperation. In the bleak midwinter, where the earth stands as iron and the water as stone; the world is hellbent on survival but finds only the final absolution" his words were colder than any winter coming.

The young herbalist nodded slowly, contemplating his tone. "Death brings rebirth," she finally broke the silence after weighing her words. "Through the winter we become stronger, closer. The prey always returns, the darkness always subsides, and the sun rises to shine on us again" she concluded with a soft nudge to his shoulder.

He let out a hearty and raspy chuckle, one that shook his entire body. "I suppose you're right, young Dove."

"For someone so wise, I sure do give you a lot of advice" She teased with a playful gleam in her eyes.

"To be wise is to listen, to learn and to grow" He responded sagely with a tap of his paw on the top of her head.

"You could learn a lot from me."
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:01 am

Username: Knickknacks
Cat Name: Sedgetail (formerly Sedge)
Clan: NorthClan (link in signature)
Rank: Warrior, though she holds a slightly elevated status as Lynxstar’s sister and closest friend.

Prompt:

Sedgetail scowled down at the snowbank, her fur fluffed out against the chill wind. She hated walking in snow. Her paws sank into the stuff with every step, leaving her floundering and generally feeling clumsy, while clumps of icy snow collected on the fur of her belly and legs, adding to the discomfort.

“What’s the matter, Sedge?” Lynxstar meowed, turning to glance at her, looking far too amused at her obvious displeasure with the weather. Her brother, opposite to her, loved the snow- his pelt was covered with the stuff, and he looked completely unbothered.

“You know what,” she responded, glaring halfheartedly at him. Her brother’s eyes sparkled with mischief as he looked at her, shifting her paws uncomfortably in the snow.

“Oh, the snow?” He asked. “You don’t like walking through the snow, is that it?”

Sedgetail fixed her brother with a severe look, her tail starting to lash. He twitched his whiskers and flicked a pawful of snow up at her, spattering her muzzle and chest with freezing white flakes. Sedgetail sputtered indignantly as he hopped easily away through the snow.

“You’re a Clan leader, for StarClan’s sake!” She said in exasperation, shivering slightly. “Quit behaving like a kit.”

“A kit, am I?” Lynxstar said, eyes wide and mock-innocent.

“That’s right,” Sedgetail said, drawing herself up. “Someone’s going to have to teach you some manners,” she said, springing at her brother and sending up a spray of snow, her discomfort forgotten. Lynxstar yelped as she hit him, toppling them both into a deep drift.

The siblings laughed as their banter devolved into a play fight, flinging snow at each other and pouncing through the drifts. Sedgetail may not enjoy walking through the stuff, but... it wasn’t all bad. Good for fun, at the least.

-297 words
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes