Re: Kalon #1476 -- Ghost Flame

Postby deerbroken » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:41 pm

username: neongraveyard
kalon name: Norn [meaning one of the norse goddesses of fate]
mask:
explanation [500 words max]:
Norn's mask is meant to represent the three faces of one's self. The first face on the left is the one Norn shows to the world, the right face is shown to his close friends and family, and the center face is the mask that represents his true face. He never shows this face to anyone, which is why it's the mask that fits over his muzzle. The dried grass beneath the mask is meant to conceal his identity further and give a smooth appearance to the two false heads on both sides.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whim » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 am

x
Last edited by whim on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 am

username: Hinode
kalon name: Elnar
mask:
explanation:
to elnar, halloween has always been a rather sad holiday. he never really understood why people have to celebrate the dead, demons and pretty much anything spooky by sending their children on a candy hunt, or, why they have to celebrate it in the first place. he believes it is disrespectful towards the deceased and even though it is a tradition, he just cannot seem to be able to find a reason to enjoy such a grotesque holiday. and this is the reason he made his mask. the black mask consists of smooth black dyed leather, a plastic skeleton keeping the beak from bending over. a mirror has been embedded into the its head and blueish glow in the dark paint is creating the mouth. the eyes are made of blue stained glass and have the Form of an "X".
the raven-like resemblance of the mask is a form of elnar's own symbolism, as for him, the mysterious birds symbolize magic, a way to pass the boundaries between the world of the living and the world of the deceased. the mirror on the mask's head is supposed to remind him and the spirits he may encounter that what's most important is to stay true to yourself, and never to bargain with entities that may want to trick you. finally, the X-shaped eyes of the mask symbolize death itself.
and not only the symbolism is important to him, but also the fact that he admittedly doesn't want to get caught "sneaking around the graveyard" halloween night.

with this mask he goes to the graveyard of his town every halloween and celebrates it in his own way to honor the deceased. he brings small treats and incense for every single grave, hoping to please the dead laying below. he spends time meditating and praying to the deceased, wishing them well wherever they may be now.
it might seem strange to some, but he finds peace in maybe making the forgotten smile again, and he is putting a lot of effort into the work he does for them. to him, this is a proper way of celebrating halloween, the night of the dead.

[362 words]
Last edited by snowdrake on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 am

username: Peppermint Mist
kalon name: Orpheus
mask:
explanation [500 words max]:

The night air was freezing, it was as if I could feel it and yet I couldn’t. I’d been struggling to cope with these senses ever since that day. My feet lightly crunched the leaves and I turned a corner and saw the house. It was overly decorated with Halloween decorations and as I walked closer it began to reveal all of the effort the host had put into it. To the side was a small pumpkin patch and an old, crooked oak tree, its leafless branches extended over the patch and tied to the branches were sheets, presumably, they were meant to be ‘ghosts’ I chuckled. I could hear the faint thump of music as I reached the gate, the place was crowded which made my task a little more difficult. I needed to find him first. I blended right in, thank goodness this was a dress up party, I strolled down the path at a leisurely pace and stepped into the house and was immediately greeted by extremely loud sounds. The music was louder than I thought, deafening even and I stuck to the walls of the house trying to push my way through the endless crowds of people. It was a good thing that my sense of smell had been cut off, as I don’t think I could have been able to stand the stench of a large crowd. I made my way towards what looked to be the kitchen and spotted the host right away. He looked busy, dividing his time between helping his girlfriend with the constantly disappearing snacks and greeting new guests. I leant back against a wall to watch and wait, and after a while he noticed me.

“Hey! Nice mask you have there, can I get you anything?” he grinned nervously, he was obviously under a lot of stress, maybe he didn’t host that many parties.

“Thanks, I need a little help finding someone, you might know where they are.”

The host almost grimaced, but he caught it the second it came along.

“Yeah, I think I may be able to help you with that, who are you looking for?”

“Joe Hayes.”

The host grinned, “ah I know him, the class clown. The last time I saw him he was in the ‘graveyard’, which is in the back garden.”

I thanked him and made my way into the back garden, the weapon in my coat felt heavy. It wasn’t Joe’s fault what happened that day, in fact, he wasn’t even there, but then again, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. To me, my mask meant vengeance, something that I’ve wanted ever since the day I passed into this purgatory. I found the mask lying around in an old pawnshop; it was easy to possess it. My life was taken away from me, my senses almost all gone and all that runs through my veins is the coldness of the night. I wanted to settle this score, and I did.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rustyroxy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm

Rss

roxy
he/they
my kalons
pms are open
rustyroxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

whats out there

Postby parker; » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:43 am

username: parker;
    kalon name: Deluge
    mask: Image
    explanation:

"what is it you see when you look into the night sky?"

"you see the stars"

-----------------"no,
    ---------------------------you see the ghosts"
parker;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namida_☾ » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm

username: Namida_☾
kalon name: Jake
mask:
DBB40688-5D5F-4112-A227-0F1BBBA47FC4.jpeg
DBB40688-5D5F-4112-A227-0F1BBBA47FC4.jpeg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 185 times

explanation [500 words max]: The mask is a skull of an ancient mystical animal. An ancient legends says that whoever wears the mask can see the true feelings and intentions of other. And sometimes you can see ghosts. Jake always wanted to meet ghosts.
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gloomurai » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:48 am

best of luck to everyone!! i looked over everyone's entries and i love all of the designs!!

savannah any pronouns
gloomurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legend speaker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am

good luck everyone!! these masks were so cool and i had a blast designing mind, early congrats to the winner of course!!
legend speaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifekind » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm

early good luck to everyone!! i'm so excited to see the winner of this kid - i saw some amazing ideas and i really think everyone had awesome concepts!! ❤️❤️
adult he/it bisexual
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me