Re: Feather Boa ~1~

Postby chop top » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am

name: Sal McDaniels
phobia (500 words max):
Fear of Aliens (a form of Xenophobia)
Sal was always the kind of guy to be different, and has a lust for adventure, and a fear of nothing. Almost. He found this home to be the desert, somewhere he can go on elaborate treks to go treasure hunting, and you'd be surprised with the fun things he's found; skeletons of strange creatures with long limbs and flat teeth, covered in loot, buried "treasures" and "gems" (which were just pieces of broken glass and pennies), letters to loved ones, tombstones, a tortoise friend, and eventually a whole entire ghost town. Most of the time, he was rather unsure if he was simply going crazy or if he really was being watched the entire time. Losing sleep by endless conspiracies running through his head, he'd start seeing things that he could only explain to be aliens. They stood tall on their two legs, and had their bodies covered in cotton, and held small mechanical devices they'd point at him. He'd see the flash they produced through the corner of his eye in the middle of the night, he grew paranoid of foods being suspiciously left out in the open and what sounded like his voice saying "what a fine day this is" repeatedly. He'd never feared anything this much in his life, because these creatures were no ordinary predator, they messed with your mind by stalking you, leaving traps, and trying to capture you in small metal cages. He's since left his small section of the desert to another, more isolated place with his little turtle friend, but still lives in constant fear that those two legged aliens may find him again.
273/500
here's my lil gif of the guy
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
I AM REXXAR !!!
!!! it/he !!! adult user !!!
i am your local creepy hippie
i LOVE the texas chainsaw
massacre. ask me 4 music!
i am " mostly harmless "

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
chop top

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 am

---
name: Tessa Jones-Aleco

phobia:
Anatidaephobia 🦆 Fear of Ducks
---
Tessa hasn't always feared ducks, nor was it just a silly childhood fear. While the name of the fear itself relates to the fear of a duck watching someone, for her it's the fear of a certain duck watching her: the duck who, she is sure, is responsible for her mother's disappearance.
°°°

When Tessa was heading out to explore the world as an adult for the first time, a strange fog fell onto her town. Thinking nothing of it, as her mother didn't seem frightened by it, she bade farewell to her mom and her home and headed to the desert. On her way out of town she noticed an odd, unblinking duck with one bulging eye - it's irises a vibrant purple. The duck stood perched on the edge of the Mourning Fountain by the graveyard. Feeling put off by this duck's overall presence, Tessa quickened her pace and left town, out of the fog and into the open desert air.
Not even a day passed and Tessa felt as though the presence of the duck followed her. It's purple eyes haunting her dreams. Worried about her mother, Tessa made the short journey back to her town where she found both the duck and the fog gone. Entering town, however, she found most of its inhabitants gone as well, one of which being her mother. Frantic and scared, Tessa attempted to ask the remaining Boas about her mom's whereabouts. Not one replied but instead stared blankly with half blinded eyes toward the broken graveyard, the Mourning Fountain still wet from the mysterious fog.
Terrified and full of sorrow, Tessa fled her old town and stayed in the desert - a place she knew the duck could never lurk.
°°°
Now a days, Tessa roams the lands on edge about this odd duck, fearing that its gaze will one day meet up with her in person, taking her away like how, she believes, it has with her mother.
🦆🦆🦆
//329 words
Last edited by Evils on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:12 am

name: rockosaur
phobia (500 words max):

wip with agoraphobia

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:24 am

name: Beckham Walsh
phobia (500 words max):
Chronophobia - Fear of Time Passing

Half past eleven he stood dead center upon the mound, earth worms wriggling beneath his feet. In the next five minutes, women and children retreated into saloons and shutters hid the inhabitants from above. Ten minutes later, he counted, seventeen tumbleweeds had dashed by. A quarter more hands of the clock passed and Beckham glared down the street, narrowing his eyes for any signs of life, now a desolate scene. Late, his opponent was late, he spat into the ground as the clock chimed its tune for twelve o'clock. He raised his sight to the clock now, desperately, as if pleading with it to stop. Sweat ran off his face, but he did not stop to wipe it. These minutes could be his last, if only they could wait like he so did for the Boa who challenged him. What was the crime Beckham was accused of? Well, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a lady's man or that he exclusively sought out single ones. See, he was caught with his adversary's wife, but to his defense, he wasn't aware of her status and besides, it was her fault for cheating. Anyways, it was almost like he was always so unlucky with his romantic encounters, and this time it could lead to his doom.

Time was against him as a Boa emerged from a carriage and stood opposite of him. Oh how he wished to curse time, if it were a Boa! Or maybe face off against time instead of the death that awaited him from across the dusty road. His fingers pricked and longed for the touch of his gun, but he knew the rules. Time did not have to follow rules! Time only took and stole, the real villain in this battle! His teeth met his lips, shredding them out of rage for time. He always felt like he was running out of time. If only he could grab time and pull it towards him like a rope or a lasso, then he'd feel in control. However, now he had to face responsibility.

It all happened so quickly. Time has a habit of doing that, speeding up and slowing down with no warnings. When the bells tolled for twelve fifteen, he gripped his gun, lifting it with force, the Boa opposite him faster. His breath withdrew into his stomach as he was met with the front of a gun. The bullet flew past his head, soon his ear rang, but he gritted his teeth hard and aimed, landing his shot. His opponent fell to the ground with a thud and dust clouds flew up. Despite not physically doing much, his breath had completely fled him and he dropped to the ground as well, clutching his ear. Soon, life in the town returned to normal and he was left in the middle of it all, the clock grinning down on him. "Time... You saved me this one time." [496/500]
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chromium » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:23 am

User: Chromium
Name: Jesse
Phobia: Atychiphobia the fear of failure

Jesse slumped against the old rotted post, the wood groaning against his weight. He hated the sound and how the wood leaned from the pressure. It was weak. So worthless that it couldn't even do a simple thing such as being something to lean on, something to depend on. He hated this post. It Barely kept up the dang saloon, it was basically the the unofficial town hall for the rinky drink village, filled with all his townsfolk. Honestly the most important thing they have on the dirt road leading to no where and it can't even protect it from harm. It was gonna fail him and the townsfolk and he hated it. Tears welled up in the corners of his eyes and his breaths turned shallow, it felt like something pulled out his heart and he couldnt do anything but stand there watching himself fall apart. He pulled his eyes to the cemetary on the hill, swearing as his vision turned blurry and spotted the newly placed tombstones jutted from the side of the hill. The old post was shaking, or maybe he was shaking? He couldn't tell anymore. He hated that post, but he hates a sheriff that cant even protect his own people more.

207/500

Dear Mrs. Jones

I wanted to tell ya that I am sorryashamed that a could not save your boy in time. He was a good one, no doubt about that, we will all miss him. I can't but feel that this is all my fault. All the good townsfolk say that there was nothing the could be done but I don't believe it. You had to put your boy in the ground because I couldn't do one simple thing, keep everyone safe. I cant help to feel that if I would've ran faster, not have been where I was at the time I could've saved him. I knew I could've. I'm a worthless sheriff, Ma'am and I know you forgave me but I'm not really worth it. I failed you. And I'm gonna fail everyone else too. I know I'm never gonna have the guts to send you this, but it helped to write it down and let me reflect on what I done.

-Jesse

168/500
Hey there! I'm Akita_ or you can call me chromium. I doodle a bunch so don't be afraid to pm me about getting some custom art or doing an art trade with me.

Chromium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scissors » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 pm

closed for judging!!
can't take pms right now.. I'm sorry
scissors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scissors » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:44 pm

hey guys, so I have finally returned with the results!

runner ups go to

Evils, Chromium and NaCl, for their fabulous writing!! you guys will each receive 5 nanabucks!!

second place goes to Divantae, for your chilling tale, of an ever looming, and inescapable horror..... for coming in second place, I would like to give you 10 nanabucks!

and first place goes to Purrfectpal!! I had no trouble falling straight into your story, and feeling every ounce of anxiety, right along with your character! congrats man!! <33
can't take pms right now.. I'm sorry
scissors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Congrats! You can keep my art! ;w;
Thanks for the nanabucks!
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:46 pm

congrats and ty for the nanabucks!
you can keep my art, even though it is a human reference lol
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks so much for the nanabucks and congrats Purrfectpal!
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me