My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1472 CYOS

Postby Half Tree » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm

username] Half Tree
    name] Tamsin
    gender] Female
    story]
    .....“Ah, my associate will be quite pleased to learn I’ve finally acquired this book.” with a gesture he calls the butler over, “Send a raven for Smaragd.”
    .....Once the other man leaves the Blackbird turns piercing eyes back to the thief he hired to get the ancient book. He settles back in his chair before speaking, “Were you seen?”
    .....Clutching the heavy book to her chest Tamsin walks at a careful pace around the edge of the building. She comes up short when she nearly collides with a sleepy guard making his way around the same corner. His eyes only have enough time to widen before she spins into a kick aimed at his head. The man’s unconscious body hardly has time to touch the ground before she’s slipping out the side gate into the night.
    .....“No.” she lies.
    .....His eyes narrow for a moment before he returns his expression to neutral. “You only took the book, nothing else?”
    .....The ribbon selection in the sewing room is fantastic. She riffles through the various colours and textures before cutting off a few lengths of the expensive material, stuffing them into a pouch at her hip.
    .....She has to make an effort not to guiltily glance at the ribbons dangling from her hair, “Of course not, sir.”
    .....He closes his eyes with a sigh, “You wouldn’t lie to me?”
    .....“...No?” she hesitates.
    .....The Blackbird’s jaw tenses as he stands to his full height, the large windows behind him casting a looming shadow, “I appreciate your moxie, kid, but if you want to leave this room the lying stops.”
    .....She glances around quickly marking any escape routes and for the first time she realizes that there is no door or window not covered with a magical glow. Oh no.
    .....“The rumours were true, you can see magic with the naked eye.” he smiles at her slyly, “I’ll forgive this little...indiscretion if you do another job for me.”
    .....“How do you know I can see magic auras?” she questions.
    .....“Well I put the spells there myself just now and I saw the look on your face when you noticed the lack of an escape route.” he answers crossing his arms. “Will you take the job or not?”
    .....Tamsin narrows her eyes and really looks at the man now, beyond his long raven hair and perfect pale skin. Nothing. He has no aura. How could he have set the spells? An activation item would still stand out. The Blackbird watches her search for a moment before holding up a simple perfectly smooth black stone.
    .....“I am a cautious man.” He drops the stone onto the desk in front of him and the moment his contact with it is lost there is a bright flash as his aura becomes visible with halos of glowing script surrounding his biceps.. “I never show all my cards at once.”
    .....Her jaw drops as she blurts out, “Why would a demi-god ever need to hire a thief?!”
    [496/500]
Last edited by Half Tree on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:59 pm

[username] high noon
    [kalon name] Ophelia
    [gender] fluid [she/they]
    [story]
      Under all the dirt and detritus, the color of the bones is surprisingly stark. Brushing away the grime and peeling off the roots of moss, the white is revealed. The color is only interrupted by the runes seared into the surface. A rib or two curled around the root of the old yew. A coffin bone under a rock. The entire skull eventually excavated from under the loam.

It's tedious work, collecting them all. But worth it in the end, when they're cleaned and sorted and the ageless creature rises to shake its head and stare at her. Puffs of breath are visible from the holes in it's face, steaming in the autumn chill. She says nothing, waiting to be addressed. Best to respect your elders.

"Why have you woken me?"

In truth she hadn't thought it would work as well as it did. The eldritch guardian stands imposing and despite her usual self confidence, she's shaking, opens her mouth to answer, and has to try again when her voice cracks, comes out of a dry throat as a whisper of a sound. The old god is patient and she is grateful.

"I need your help."

She knows the rituals and rites, but does not have the time. Prays silently the deity may understand her intentions, as she places a hand on the ancient one's slope of a snout. Jagged edges of nasal and incisive bone brush against her palm, and are surprisingly warm. The stiff skeleton cannot emote, but there is a knowing smile in it's quiet huff of breath and the way it’s spine curves elegantly as the creature stands to it's full height.

"I am sorry I have been absent so long. Fear not, child. I will set things right."

292/500
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:17 pm

had no time rip
Last edited by sillies on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AshenStardust » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:56 pm

username: AshenStardust
name: Jericho
story:
She felt them approach. She heard voices in the hall – distant and garbled – and her mind began to wake. That she was regaining consciousness surprised her for she could not remember losing it. Her memories, her life, felt trapped in her mind behind a wall with no door. As she clawed at the wall the beings entered. Their words lost to her as she struggled to reclaim herself. A hand touched her shoulder, warm, and her mind sensed calm curiosity coming from the two strangers. There was a sort of command that reached her, wake up, and it was enough to pull her from her mind.
AshenStardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby withtheroses » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:03 pm

username: ♥rose♥
name: Rosalie
story:

Walk through this field of pink roses, reach out and brush against them. What do you see in these petals? Lost chances? Or everyone you love? How about the thorns? Do you see blood? The blood you would spill to protect your friends? Or perhaps pain and suffering? Pick one, carefully now. Don’t prick yourself on those sharp, sharp thorns. Precious child be careful. There is much more to you than that sweet innocence, I can see it. Watch out before those sharp thorns grow around your heart, and up through your mind. After you are gone, I am sure a beautiful pink rose will grow in the place you fell, but before that happens keep the darkness at bay. Hold onto your foolish, childness for a little longer. Shh don’t cry, for you must have your own thorns around you for what this cruel, cruel world has to offer you. Breathe in the sickly-sweet fragrance that occupies so much of your dreams before you wake. You were born to bear this world beautiful petals, but you soon grew thorns, which your gardeners didn’t expect. As the thorns close in to snag at you, you must start running, or turn and die fighting. Open your eyes child before you are lost forever in that cynical field of pink roses.
(219/500 word limit)
Last edited by withtheroses on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
withtheroses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Mark ❤

Lil book shoppe owner who keeps the characters in their books ❤

Or

Keeper of the hidden realm ( similar to cerberus in her duties) where she guards the door to the land of the mythical creatures (unicorns, hippogryphs, etc) and is always up for a bribe of some sort lol
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 am

a little tempestarious
    username: solasta
    name: sarah
    story: what is more alluring than a rose under the twilit sky? what creates beauty and mystery using mere
    storms and the hymn of a soft voice? is it a mere rain witch, tempestarii, or a hoax?

mark mark mark
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gone---- » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:09 am

mhm res
──────────────────────
selling my kalon staff custom (1 rare, unlim under)
for da points! Pm/ note (da) me for details!
[Sterling pixel by ȶigressa] code shop | my kals
gone----

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 am

username:Dragobstars