Based on Click to view
Artist Mortikat [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

LoC #150 NON-OWNER CONTEST;; OPEN

Postby Mortikat » Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 am

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is adopt No. 141 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

Hey everyone!! This is my final design as a guest artist, so I wanted to do something interesting!! This girl is a NON-OWNER/SINGLE OWNER contest, meaning that only users who are not owners, or who only own one lion, may enter. Its also a little different in the fact that Im not allowing ANY extras :) Coding and coloring/prettying up your form is allowed, but no extras, aside from what is asked for in the form prompt, are to be added!! You may also choose her element from the list of the Original elements, excluding time, of course :)

Have fun <3

Code: Select all
Username;
Name;
Gender; Female
Element;
Rank;
Personality;
History;

Contest ends May 15th!

[/center]
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC #150 NON-OWNER CONTEST;; OPEN

Postby Eriecht » Fri May 04, 2018 2:52 am

Wow these colors are stunning!! If anyone wants assistance (maybe if you need other lions for your story?) I can offer some friends you can use!
I’d totally go for her XD amazingly pretty!
Eriecht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T h e M a r t i a n » Fri May 04, 2018 7:18 am

Username; T h e M a r t i a n
Name;
Gender; Female
Element; Ice or Darkness
Rank; Nomad (most likely )
Personality;
History;

gonna see if I can whip up a form. could definitely use some relationships if people are up for offering their kiddos. this is a wonderfully done babe, and will certainly try to make a form for her.

My toyhouse
My Viscets
My French Warmbloods
My Tolters
Hello Everyone. I am T he M a r t i a n, as you probably have seen, and I prefer she/her pronouns. Hope to meet all of you at some point. ^.^
T h e M a r t i a n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

---

Postby AngelsRuin » Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

❝ 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒔 ❞
(♞) ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

username ; ; "angelsruin."
      Hey there, I'm AngelsRuin, a non-owner at the moment.
    lion's name ; ; "I-it's been a while since someone has asked me that..."
      This pretty lady's name is Makaria [Ma-car-ia]. The name comes from Greek origins, Makaria being the daughter of Hades. In mythology she
      appears to have embodied a blessed death. The main motivation behind choosing this name is that while Makaria is a minion to her father,
      she is considered to be a more merciful counterpart to the god of death, Thanatos. I chose this name as a sort of guideline, a reminder that
      her element can be used for the good of others. To relieve others of pain just as well as it can cause others pain.
    lion's gender ; ; "You're seriously asking me that?"
      Makaria is so blatantly female, if it couldn't be told by the obvious lack of a pride or warrior mane. Her gender is also stated within the
      skeleton form in the first post, and the constant use of feminine pronouns should have been a dead give away. Although, while she may be
      offended if you proposed the opposite, Makaria won't make a big deal about it - instead choosing to brush it off.
    lion's element ; ; "D-death. My element is death."
      Makaria has a rather common element, and it's not the fact that it doesn't make her all that special, but she is bothered that of all the
      elements, she had to get death. Death had taken everything from her, and by some twist of fate, she was always going to be surrounded by
      it. She was stuck with such a destructive element, and for a long time she couldn't figure out how she could be of any help to the pride.
      Eventually she realized that death could be merciful, and had sworn to do her best to use her element for good.
    lion's rank ; ; "I'm following in my family's pawprints..."
      Makaria had chosen to become a warrior because she believes it is what would make her family proud. They were all warriors and they all
      died warriors, she is just following their path. Her family was proud of their positions and of what they did to protect the pride, they took
      their positions very seriously so she just wants to make them proud and take up their role to finish what they had started years ago. She
      became a fighter, as the role compliments her element quite well.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (♞)

❝ 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 ❞

history ; ; "Everything was great, at least, for a little bit..."
      Makaria was born into the pride, the only cub in her litter, and the youngest child born into her family - outranked only by her older sister.
      For a while, everything was great! She had two adoring parents, and a sister who would do anything for her. In fact, when her parents
      couldn't be around due to the duties of the pride calling, it was her sister who took time out of her day to look after the younger cub.
      Makaria absolutely idolized her, the way most young siblings tend to do. Her sister was her hero, and while it helped that she held such an
      important rank within the army of lions that protect the pride, Makaria's devotion went much deeper. That all ended one disastrous night.
      Makaria often thought her family invincible, they risked their lives beyond the pride's borders, and they returned to her every time. Yes,
      they had suffered injuries but they always promised to come home and they always did. Until one day they weren't so invincible anymore.
      One day, they broke their promise. Makaria would never again see her small family all together, never again would she hear her father's
      laughter and her mother's disapproving voice, never again would she be able to spar with her sister. At least that's what she believed, and
      it was true - for the first few weeks. It had just been another normal day at training when she had first seen her sister standing off to the
      side, watching her. At first, the young lioness believed she was going insane. While Makaria's element often caused her to catch glimpses
      of lions that had died in the past, never once had she actually known that those she saw around her were really dead. Not until that day.
      The event itself was quite a scare for the little lioness, and so she had disappeared from training early that day. Ultimately scaring the
      adults around her. It was rather late that night when she returned to the den that she had shared with her caretaker - Klay, and to say
      hat there was an underlying tension between the two afterwards was an understatement. Never really taking the time to grieve the loss
      of her family, it didn't take the young female long before she had crumbled and had gone looking to the older male for help. Not just with
      controlling her element, but also controlling her feelings. Which allowed for a closer bond to grow between the two. Although as she grew
      closer to her mentor and caregiver; as she explored the extent of her abilities and she began to find herself comforted by the appearance
      of her sibling as opposed to scared of the apparition, she found herself becoming more distant with the other cubs. She still trained with
      them, but instead of choosing to spend her free time messing around and wreaking havoc with the youths, Makaria was more interested in
      learning about what she could do with her element. She was more interested in spending afternoons talking among the deceased lions that
      had appeared before her. While such a choice caused her to lose touch with the others her age; while it caused her to withdraw from the
      social aspect of pride life, she couldn't have been happier. And some point during the long afternoon training sessions with Klay, or the
      evening talks with her departed family, eventually the female had known exactly what she wanted to do. Slowly finding her way across the
      path that would lead to her becoming a warrior, just like her family before her. Just like the lion she had come to look up to as a father
      figure. Just like her sister, who even in death, still appeared to be just as invincible as she had been in life.
    personality ; ; "Sometimes I don't even recognize myself..."
      In the years before her family's death, Makaria had been a rather loud and rambunctious young cub. Always willing to play, never
      appearing to understand the need to lay down and rest. During these years, she had been overly friendly. In fact, it was a commonly
      known fact that if you had seen the young lioness, you had better bet that within minutes she would be next to you ready to chat up a
      storm. That all changed when her family had died. The once vibrant female became quiet, cold, more isolated. The once bright and sunny
      attitude that she had carried with her became full of darkness and despair. Although she did try to keep up pretenses for a while - she
      could fake a grin and go out and try to have fun with the other youths like nothing had bothered her - after the episode in which Makaria
      had disappeared for hours on end, almost everything changed. She stopped trying to act like everything was normal, in fact she seemed to
      find a sort of solace in the souls of the dead that appeared to her. So while she shut herself away from the ambience of the pride cubs -
      deciding that it was for the best as she would just ruin their fun with her somber attitude, she found herself spending more and more of her
      time talking to the deceased. However, there were quite a few of her traits that didn't change. Like her stubborn and rebellious nature,
      which would only serve to give Klay a run for his money. Or her determination, which often times caused her to work twice as hard as she
      normally would have because she wouldn't settle for being anything less than a fighter. Although, while those traits did make her, it was her
      heart that was the biggest influence in her character. Even after suffering her losses and fighting against the corruption that could have
      easily taken hold, her heart still remained pure. It never faltered. Just like her name suggests, Makaria would turn out to be merciful but
      strong. She knew pain, and she had sworn to do what ever was in her power to stop others from feeling the same.

❝ 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 ❞

elemental abilities ; ; "If I tell you, are you just gonna judge me too?"
      "A lion with the gift of death can: Kill anything they touch, create crippling wounds, can visit the dead or see dead souls."
        Epione's Kiss ; ; Named for the Greek goddess of the soothing of pain, this move is used to give lions a merciful death. The
        ability isn't used much in combat, as it requires Makaria to get extremely close to her target. Despite that, such an ability doesn't
        require much energy on her part. Instead, it needs a fair amount of concentration to work quickly and effectively, relieving a lion
        of the pain they are suffering while helping them pass easily.
Last edited by AngelsRuin on Wed May 16, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 13 times in total.
AngelsRuin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 am

Last edited by A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ on Tue May 08, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 am

Username; Jack
      Name; Alexandria
      Gender; Female
      Element;
      Rank;
      Personality;
      History;
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Yall got one week left <3

Also, while adding onto the form with element explanations is allowed, adding anything else extra is NOT, not even voice claims.
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 am

4 more days! This contest will end on midnight CST when the 15th turns to the 16th.
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kassypen » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 am

▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑
▉⌑

⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
⌑▉
LAKRA
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Username; Kassypen
Hello! I am a non-owner as of now, but I would like to join this amazing community.

Name; Lakra
prononced; lock-ra

Means ‘morning star,’ brave, and ‘jewel child.’ Parents gave her this name for the patches on her sides
that ripple with color. They are the colors of the beautiful sky on Lochren. They wanted her to always remember she was a part of something larger then her. A community that she would fight for, a community she would die for.

Gender; Female
Despite her sex being female, Lakra always seemed to find herself playing with the male cubs when she was younger. She always loved to play the more “boy-ish” games like tag or play-fight. But as she has aged, Lakra has found pride in her gender, deciding that she didn’t want a pride mane anyway. They took too much work to keep clean. At least that was her answer when asked. But on the inside, though she is glad and proud of her gender, she wishes the lines between ‘male’ and ‘female’ weren’t drawn so deep.

Element; Darkness
Despite her color-rippled patches, Lakra has know forever that her element was darkness. From the moment she was born to present day, darkness has just seemed to fit. She prefers shadows to light. Though her favorite time of day is either early or late, for that is when she feels closest to her parents.

Rank; Distractor
Lakra uses her powers more then the average lion. Though her friends warn her against it, she still loves to play with and manipulate shadows. While in battle, she will choke the opponent in shadow, as that is her most used ability. She will create copies of herself in shadow to confuse. She will also conjure shadow to cover another lion’s head, costing them their ability to see. Her favorite way to use her ability in battle is find a rock or place to hide and use her element on as many others as possible. That way the tanks and fighters can move in and deliver the actual, physical fighting efforts.

Personality;
Lakra could easily be described in one word: determined. After her spell of detachment from the real-world (see history) she has worked on her abilities as often as she can. She can often be found testing her abilities on unknowing subjects for fun. A lot of her pride-mates see her as slightly immature, but those thoughts are quickly banished when they see her in true practices, as her abilities and connection to her element is quite strong. Though she can crack a joke once and a while, she is usually quite taciturn. She usually chooses to prove herself with ability and strength instead of word choice or vocabulary. Though do not be fooled, if you were to get into an oral fight with her, expect to have some very personal things brought up. To her there is no ‘fake’ or ‘insignificant’ fight. She balances them all equally, judging her own worth on the amount she has won, taking the opinions of others very seriously. This can cause her to loose a lot of friendships, but if you do happen to break down her sturdy walls, you will find a dreamer who only wishes for others to adore and respect her.

History;
As soon as Lakra was born, the flickering fire lanterns lighting up the cave dimmed. Everyone helping with the birth began feeling their mind close. Though at that time she was weak, so they only experienced a short period of light headedness.
Throughout her cub-hood Lakra always loved her shadow manipulation trait the best. She would spend hours facing a wall in her family’s cave, playing out stories and creating worlds that she would make dance between the stalagmites and the stalactites. Sometimes she would be so absorbed in her show that she was unaware of what was going on around her. She started hearing voices in her head, the voices of her characters, asking, begging her to come ‘play’ with them. She started loosing sleep and soon her bones jut out from beneath a shaggy, dull coat. Her color patches dimmed. She was so focused on the shadows that her mind was becoming corrupted. But then her closest friends pulled her out of the cave, forcing her to start her new rank. The distractor.
This rank was a new beginning for Lakra. She put all her time and effort into being the best distractor she could possibly be. Day by day, piece by piece she dragged herself back to interacting with the living, instead of the voices inside of her mind. She learned to tune them out, and soon they disappeared. Her weight returned to a normal standard and she even started to grow some muscle. She used her element of darkness to envelop her opponents with their thoughts. She turned their mind against them, meanwhile wrapping them with shadow. She learned to conceal herself when needed, and conceal others or special objects. She worked tirelessly to perfect her skills, and the work started to show. What had previously been heavy tasks she could now complete with a swipe of her paw.
She remembered the meaning of her name and why her parents chose it. She needed to protect her community and her family. She needed to do it in the best way possible. Though the work with shadows had impacted her mind greatly, she quickly rose to the top as a result. She was happier, stronger, healthier. She had found her way back to what was important.
Last edited by Kassypen on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kassypen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 am

Sorry for the delay, this contest is now closed and I will judge it shortly <3