Based on Click to view
Artist hiraeth + hound [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
115 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anniversary Adopt — May | Emerald

Postby hiraeth + hound » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Called the “Stone of Successful Love,” Emerald opens and nurtures the heart and the Heart Chakra. Its soothing energy provides healing to all levels of the being, bringing freshness and vitality to the spirit. A stone of inspiration and infinite patience, it embodies unity, compassion and unconditional love. Emerald promotes friendship, balance between partners, and is particularly known for providing domestic bliss, contentment and loyalty. It was dedicated in the ancient world to the goddess Venus for its ability to insure security in love.

wicc and karm were kind enough to let me make one of the anniversary adopts
& i hope u guys love him as much as i do !! i just had to take my birth month, may! go geminis ( ;

competition: this kalon's best friend just confessed their love to them! tell me, how do they respond?

word limit is 750 words, 1 extra is allowed! (extras include: art, writing (300 words max), playlists, etc.)
prettying up is fine, banners dont count as extras if they dont include the kal.
comics are limited to 4 panels

[nr] sclera color, weight edit (skinny)
        [s] claws, shine
        [c] longer fur, backmane, tail, hair
        [uc] tongue, pupil, ears
        [r] munchkinism
Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petrify » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:57 pm

username: petrify
    name: previously known as "eight", now barthélemy
    confession response:
    barthélemy, at one point in time, was named "eight". his best friend was named seven, and they were always together. they shared a pod together, ate together, played together when they were kids. so it was only natural for them to plan an escape together and go through with it, right? they lived in a science lab where they were tested on - hence barthélemy's short stature - so it was either take the chance or stay and be tested on for the rest of their lives. barthélemy was eighteen at the time and seven was nineteen, so it was time. at first they were ecstatic that they had escaped, finally feeling freed as they ran through the darkened forest. it was only until a week later that they realized that they wee lost among the trees and that the mist was something that seemed to always be there, even when it hadn't rained for the entirety they were out there. it was strange, and barthélemy didn't have a good feeling about this forest. was there something supernatural in these woods? maybe that's why the lab was out in these particular woods; the beings out there probably prevented anybody from entering. or escaping, most likely. it was another few days before they found a run down shack, which had boards ripped from the outside of it. seven suggested they stay there, and barthélemy was too tired to argue. they spent a night there, even if he was creeped out by the whole situation. when he woke the next morning, he heard things outside of the small shack. was it footsteps?

"seven," barthélemy whispered, shaking his best friend awake.

"hm?" seven grunted in response, not moving an inch.

barthélemy was silent for a moment; simply just listening. he heard people talking then, and his eyes shot down to look at seven, who was now beginning to open his eyes. seven quickly sat up then, eyes widening.

"what the hell?" he whispered, starting to stand to his feet, barthélemy following.

the voices around them were just mumbles, but it was definitely people. how did they find them so quick?

the footsteps were starting to grow closer, and barthélemy felt his chest start to tighten, anxiety settling in. then, a shout was heard, which caused the two boys to jump, backing up into a corner and huddling together. an inhuman screech was then heard, almost ear-deafening. shots were being fired then, and barthélemy slid quickly down the wall, hugging himself as his breathing began to pick up. something hit against the wall outside, causing the small building to shake.

seven, seeing how scared barthélemy was, bent down next to him, bringing him into a hug and whispering affirmations that they were going to be okay. when he pulled away, they met eyes.

"i'm gonna need you to run," he said calmly, hands on barthélemy's shoulders.

"what?" he whispered back, confusion spreading across his face.

"i'm going to go out there and make sure everybody is distracted, and you're going to run. run as fast and as far as you can until you get the hell out of this place, okay?"

seven's voice was still oddly calm, although there was a slight shakiness to his voice.

nodding slowly then, seven gave a small smile. "now stand up," he whispered, helping his best friend up from the floor.

the two of them made their way to the door then, still hearing the shrieking and shots being fired on the outside. seven turned towards barthélemy then, the two of them locking eyes once again. stepping forward, seven cupped his face, and barthélemy leaned into the touch, eyes fluttering shut.

"i love you... a lot. live for me."

opening his eyes then, seven's lips were on his, and then they were pulled away in the matter of seconds, and out the door he went, already beginning to shout to draw attention to him. barthélemy was so surprised, not being able to move at first, and then bolting out the door. he only got a glimpse of the creatures, and seven near one of them. he ran as fast as he could, and he heard seven shout; this time in pain. barthélemy felt tears beginning to well in his eyes, which then overflowed as he continued running. once the noise died down, he sat down near a tree, bringing his hands to his face. he never got to tell seven that he loved him, too.
    [ 747 / 750 words ]
    extra:
    "do you think about him a lot?"

barthélemy was silent at that question, eyes still staring out the window.

"barthélemy?"

he looked towards the woman then, and she offered a small smile, and he looked down at the floor then.

"yes."

"and what usually comes to mind when you think of him?"

there were a lot of answers to that question; sometimes it was the happy times they had, the scary moments they shared, and their last meeting together and how idiotic barthélemy felt for not telling him to run with him.

"barthélemy, you're spacing out again."

"sorry," he replied quickly, looking back to his therapist then. she gave a smile again, fidgeting with the pen in her hand. "it's okay, just answer the question," she said softly.

"it... it depends. sometimes i think about when we were kids and thought everything was fine. then other times i think of me being in pain and him always being there for me. then... a lot of the time i think of our last moments together. i feel so damn guilty for letting him run out."

the woman nodded, clicking her pen and beginning to write some things down.

"why do you feel guilty for that? he made the decision himself to do that, correct?"

"yes, but i still let him do it. i knew it was dangerous."

"and so did he. he wanted to make sure you were safe rather than himself because he cared deeply for you. i'm sure he would've felt terrible if both of you ran out and you were," she paused for a moment, "captured. then he would've been in the same position as you."

barthélemy felt a bit of comfort in her words, but he still felt as if seven should've been the one to survive.
    [ 300 / 300 words]
Last edited by petrify on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
petrify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt — May | Emerald

Postby astral. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 pm

username: astral.
    name: Bellamy
    confession response:
    Gypsies or merchants, vagabonds by nature. Bellamy and xxx had been through it all; from hunting dragons with princes, to sneaking away with a handsome loot by the light of the moon, stowing away on ships to be the first 'non-privileged' to take a few steps in the 'new world'.

extra: (optional)

wip
Last edited by astral. on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

dayle rutter ● prince without a people

Postby Marsh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x

x
x

username ● Marsh
name ● Dayle Rutter
gender ● Male

"I-I have something to tell you..." said Nora, his best friend of a few years since his exile. He knew that no matter what, right or wrong, she would stand by him and he would do the same for her. If he was being honest, on the rare occasion this happened, Nora was probably the only reason he was still here. Shame and guilt had almost driven him to take on the life of some nomadic reindeer herder in a rural and forgotten part of Siberia, but Nora - who had been a stranger at the time - convinced him to stay. Now, he found himself staying in a permanent room in her inn. At first he had been apprehensive and distant, but she had persisted and eventually forced her way into his life.

Dayle glanced up at her through his magnifying spectacles and nodded for her to continue. Nora took a deep shaky breath and a somewhat uncomfortable silence ensued, causing him to give her a concerned once-over. She wasn't normally this quiet, in fact it was rare to find her not talking someone's ear off at the bar downstairs.

"I'm fine!" she reassured him, unsuccessfully, so he decided to ignore the issue for the moment and continue his what would be his next masterpiece. He had been delicately arranging the various cogs and springs within the mechanism of the watch. This was a commission for one of the nobles of the village and would have to be his best work in order to satisfy his customer. Dayle had already planned the design for the lid of the pocket watch and he couldn't wait to get to work on it, but first he had to concentrate on this part.

As if Nora had heard his thoughts and subsequently decided to ignore them, which quite frankly wouldn't be a surprise, she inhaled and prepared herself to speak again. Slightly irritated at the constant interruptions, he placed his tweezers down and started to count to ten in the hopes that he would calm down enough in time for the 'important' thing she absolutely had to tell him at this very moment.

"I think I, well, I'm almost certain that I... I love you... more than I could ever explain," she trailed off. At this, Dayle accidentally knocked his spectacles off as he spun around to look at her in shock to see if she was playing a joke. He was even more shocked as he noticed that she was completely sincere. Nora's face had reddened slightly and she was trying not to look desperate for him to reply and say something in response.

Why hadn't he seen this coming? It wasn't likely that anyone would ever stick around him for that long unless they were interested. He mentally scolded himself for not having done anything to ever stop the development of this little crush. Dayle was definitely better off alone or he would just end up hurting people the way he was about to. He had got too close to someone and was now paying the price.

"Why?" he questioned, sighing and standing up to face her, "Trust me, you don't want to be with me. Ever. I'm not the man you wish me to be and I never will be. And besides, you're not the kind of girl I would ever go for." He launched into his attack scathingly. With every word, he could see her heart break a little bit more. "Now please find it in you to leave me. I have work to do," he added, feeling particularly cruel but it was necessary. He needed to end this now before it spiralled out of control. Nora's face sank and she looked like she was about to say something, but instead she turned away from him and left the room. As she made her way down the stairs Dayle was sure that he heard muffled crying, but he shook it off and continued his work once more.

Out of politeness she had let him keep the room, but had raised the rent to the regular price and never spoke to him again. The few times they ever spoke were only for pleasantries with regards to the room. He wasn't perfect, but even he knew he had been unnecessary and it had caused him to lose who was supposedly his best friend. So much for standing by each other no matter what, he had been the first one to break that.

[ 749 / 750 ]

When he was a young boy, the royal family with it's supporters were at war against the army who wanted to sieze the throne and dissolve the monarchy. One by one, support for the royal family dropped out until they were left with just themselves. Once they had been easily overpowered, the general took pity on him spared the young prince. Instead, he sent him into exile rather than allow him to suffer the same fate as his parents, on the condition he could never return. A few months later a horrible illness swept the towns and the next he heard of his beautiful kingdom was that all those in it were perishing at the hands of some awful plague.

Shamed and officially a prince without a people, Dayle turned to his watchmaking as both a distraction and a means to get by. He took to joining regular pub brawls, thinking he could take on anyone, but due to his height he found himself reguarly beaten. Nevertheless, he's still very easy to provoke and will try to do anything to win a fight. Dayle grew to be a bitter man incredibly defensive of his title with many secrets clutched so tight he rarely lets anyone in. His former kingdom and title are a burden he bears daily but doesn't share with anyone. Nobody, not even those rare few he's close to, know he is a prince.

He became guarded, preferring to be mean rather than admit any feelings towards others - especially those of a romantic nature.

Over time, his skill at watchmaking gained him local renown and he found himself accumulating some expendable wealth but nothing he could ever buy would replace the life and people he used to know.

[ 291 / 300 ]

[ Nora is a character I created as part of this story, she is not a real kalon ]
Last edited by Marsh on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 am, edited 8 times in total.
x
art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimerri » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm

username: coffeebean,
name: lilith
confession response:

Res!
Last edited by whimerri on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦

she/her ✦ infp ✦ hufflepuff ✦ aries

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚nya˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

hi god, its me again ~ i'm bea and
i like bunnies art and anime

✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦
My DAMy thArt shop
whimerri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opossumbreath » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 pm

res

kalons
➳ he/him
➳ icon by hamstermoon
opossumbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluewingz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

username:
name:
bluewingz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jianwai » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 pm

pulled.
Last edited by jianwai on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

We just straight chillin
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉
jianwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 pm

username: DragonOfEmber
name: Callianne
confession response: Callianne sat on the stone wall that separated her village from the rest of the world, sighing as the sun set over the mountains. This was her favourite spot, one no one else knew about - no one, except her best friend.

Often times, Callianne's best friend would come visit her on the wall,

Res - Ember
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Mark with him being a prince and his longtime friend has confessed his feelings for him. Startled, shy, bewildered, etc. but so what calm and wise?
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me