My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine

Postby kolyakun » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm

username; kolyakun
kalon name; Kaito
kalon gender; Male

myth - art;
Legend has it that a Kalon named Kaito was a tamer of dragons, most notably known for taming the infamous Watatsumi, a japanese water deity, and the ruler of seas and oceans.
[32/50]
omg this is a hUGE canvas I'm sorry
Last edited by kolyakun on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby castiiian » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 pm

res

animation of a fish that grants wishes?
      guy wishes for wife??
      guy gets a monster??
      guy hates monster??
      fish punishes??
      wip
Last edited by castiiian on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

username;
gay ♡
kalon name;
Crannog
kalon gender;
Male
myth (max 500 words) / art;
It was a cold, foggy morning in early March when our story begins. The sky was a huge paintbrush stroke of dull grey and it was drizzling just enough to muffle the morning sounds of birds singing and the lakeside town waking. Bakers opened their windows, allowing the sweet smell of fresh bread to cut through the fog. Fishermen dragged their feet as they made their way back from the lake and everyone turned their heads, expecting to see arms laden with nets overflowing with fish. But today something was different.
They held very little, and it was so early for them to return. Their eyes were shadowed, faces grim. And then the scream cut through the pitter-patter of rain.

"He's missing! My son is missing!" A woman in hysterics came barreling down the road, tears pouring in thick streams down her face.

"Please, has anyone seen my son?" A fisherman caught her shoulders as she tried to push through them on her frenzied chase. Slowly he lifted his face to meet her gaze, eyes full of remorse and regret. She flinched back but he grabbed her more tightly, staring into her eyes.

"It's all my fault. I- I didn't notice he had followed me to the docks and- and he snuck onto the boat with us but I didn't realize until I heard him cry out but-" His voice cracked and he paused, pain crossing his face before he continued.

"And then he was gone.. I'm so sorry- I should've known to check but I never thought- and he couldn't swim, he was so little-" The man broke off again and the mother just stared at him, her eyes filled with a million different thoughts that ran wild in her head. Then she broke away from him, taking first one step back, and then another, and then pushing past the fishermen, running desperately down towards the dock as if he would be waiting for her there. With a sorrowful glance at the crowd that had gathered, the fisherman gestured at a few of the others to follow him after her.

They ran after her for the few minutes it took to return to the dock, eyes adjusting badly to the thicker fog. Slowly, the small group approached her shadow on the dock. She was collapsed in a heap. The fisherman sighed in relief that she wasn't hurt and hurried to help her up, but noticed that she wouldn't meet his gaze. Her eyes were fixed on something else- a huge shadow behind the two of them.

They say it was the size of a bear- a massive lake monster with eyes like sapphire and fangs like a bear's. And in it's mouth, lying limp and soaked through, was her son. There was a great cry from the terrified mother who felt a thrill of rage run up her spine. She reached to her side, her hand finding a harpoon used to reel in rather large fish, and plunged it deep into the monster's chest. It dropped the boy with a great cry, splattering blood hitting the dock with a sickening splat. It tore the harpoon out and then disappeared into the lake again, followed by a deep red trail, never to be seen again.

The boy, held tightly by his mother, woke back up. The mother and fisherman were both surprised to find him unharmed, though very cold. And so the legend of the lake monster was born- they called it Crannog, or lake dweller. It was a joke, for most people, used as a threat for children who didn't eat their greens or wouldn't go to bed. But the mother, the son, and the fisherman know the truth about the huge monster at the bottom of the lake- and his huge heart.

WIP; need to shorten it lol
Last edited by teddy. on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

「edda 」

Postby nyabeille » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:58 pm

i. user / nadenade
            ii. kalon name / edda
            iii. gender / female
            iv. myth /
「 listen with your ears, see with
your heart
the tigris deity edda brings an
aura of truth
see your evil or see your purity
look within yourself, search the
turmoil for calm
search the calm for ambition
and turn yourself over a new leaf
she yields us sunshine in the worst
we yield her peace in her sorrows」

edda resides in the tigris-euphrates swampland, spending a good portion of her time singing hymns to tourists and locals and growing her gardens around the swamp. she is labeled a deity, or swamp goddess by locals, as her hymns are rumored to bring sun in a typhoon, creating a great ecosystem around herself. lore has it that she's saddened - she sings the hymns to grow her plants to keep herself company, to keep her tethered to this earth. she's seen gracefully walking, but if you're met face to face with her it's sacred. you are meant to bow your head, and she will deem you blue or green. to tell, the water she leaves behind in a trail as she walks away will shine bright blue or murky green. the blue is seen as good fortune, whereas the green is seen as a bad omen.

edda doesn't mind the attention she receives being labeled a deity and all. she was abandoned as a kit, and the swamp is all she's know. she grows her gardens and sings her songs, mostly because the reply from the birds keeps her company. all she has is a glowing aquamarine pendant that she wears around her wrist, that glows faded green in the face of evil and a shimmery blue in the face of purity. she uses this to show humans and other kalons what lies deep inside, and to show them that deep down they are capable of much more than they might think.
        shes incredibly lonely, but she doesn't mind it. she enjoys the freetime brought with just herself and her. others might loathe it,
        but she finds comfort in it - there are other words for isolation and loneliness. they are privacy and independence.
Last edited by nyabeille on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
nyabeille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 pm

username; anxious ghost
    kalon name; Selene
    kalon gender; bigender (uses she/her or they/them)
    myth (max 500 words) / art;

Sometimes, on the journey from Life to Death, souls would get lost. If they weren't taken care of properly, if they were out of range of their gods. There was never a guide for them, and so they wandered, lost forever.

Selene was the child of a prince and his wife, who were very close to Life and Death. The gods favored them greatly, even though they couldn't directly show it.
    Once, Selene took a ship out in search of a treasure to save her parents' kingdom. A storm came, darkening the sky, churning the sea.

They said that her ship was destroyed in the storm, and that her soul was lost.
    They said that, because of how the gods favored her parents, she was spared. It was said that Death made her a guide for lost souls. The gods could not save her, or give her a proper afterlife, but that she didn't have to be lost to time.

Sometimes, on the journey from Life to Death, souls would get lost. If they weren't taken care of if they were out of range of their gods. There was a guide for them, though, so they wouldn't have to wander, lost forever.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 pm

reserved
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuno. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

ress!!
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starchx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Res
starchx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Username; Planiteri || Kalon Name; Kai || Kalon Gender; Female
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kai settled around the soft glowing flames as the embers flickering up and creating faux stars in the sky. Her family laughing and smiling as stories were shared around the circle. Her grandfather stood and with a smile settled them down. Her eyes sparkled as she knew the story he would be telling, after all, it was her favourite and it was one he had told every year.

"A long time ago, in a land far away..." He started, instantly she was whisked away. Her mind creating beautiful imagery to follow her grandfather's story, one that had been passed down for many generations and would soon be given to her to continue on. There was something special about being told a story rather than reading it.

“through rolling waves there sat an island, beautiful and bright, green rolling meadows that disappeared into the soft sand. A lone princess walked the edge of the beach, toes dipping into the water momentarily with each wave.” He spoke, deep baritone voice enhancing each sentence and bringing life to the story with each breath.

Kai sat, head in paws as her eyes followed her grandfathers every move. Mesmerized by him and the story.

“The lone princess, quiet and gentle as a mouse hardly spoke, for she would save her breath for this one night each year when the land would graze the sea and she would be able to see her prince.”

Inhaling deeply, Kai let out a sigh and glanced over her shoulder to see the water lazily lapping against the sand and the sky, so beautiful narrowly grazing against it.

“As the moon fell, and the water rose the princess swam out deeper and deeper. A fish, large and strong swam beneath as they danced in the waves. Once the moon had fallen disappearing under the water a bright light formed and the fish transformed… But the moon was not happy, for the fish prince was, in fact, her son. The sky above darkened and the thunder crashed, the waves pulled and pulled, separating the princess and the prince from one another.”

There were gasps, gasps from the younger kits who had never heard the story before, but there were also gasps from those who did, those who still knew the outcome but were encapsulated by the story just as the younger ones were.

“Diving down, the princess swam against the current, towards the glowing light in the water where she knew her prince would be. As she got closer to the light it faded just in time for her to see the piercing blue eyes of the boy she had fallen in love with many years ago. Leaning forward, they kissed softly before breaching the waves as one. Arms around each other they settled in the now calming waves and muttered gently…-“

“I love you!” Kai burst, eyes wide as she realised what she had done. Her grandfather smiled, head nodding softly for that is what they said.

┌─────────────────┐
“I love you.”
└─────────────────┘

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[500/500 words]
Last edited by khvoxtic on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me