LoC Adopt #134 - Winner by .The Bootless Box.

Based on Click to view
Artist .The Bootless Box. [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Eriecht

LoC Adopt #134 - Winner

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Adopts | Species Info | Archives | Archive Update Forms | Nursery | Fan Club | Customs | ReVamps

DA Group | Re-Colors | Website | Gift Lines | LoC Item Redemption Thread | Bank | Contest Thread

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt No. 134 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

For this comp two extras are allowed; meaning that either two pieces of art or two written pieces with a max word count of 300 (or a total of 600 words for both). Coding and images (like of the sky, no more than 2 art pieces) are always welcome. You may also choose an element from the list of common & uncommon elements on the loc website.

I'd like to see how that element fits into your characters history/story and their personality. I'll be judging on the overall character you show and the effort <33 Have fun and good luck! If you have any questions please pm me, i'm happy to answer any you may have.

Without Wings Version here!!

Code: Select all
[list][b]Username:[/b] here
[b]Name:[/b] here
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Element:[/b] here
[b]Rank:[/b] Scout
[b]Personality:[/b] here
[b]History/Story:[/b] [you may choose whether or not to tell me a story involving her, [u]or[/u] her history]
[b]Extra One:[/b] [one art piece or 300 words here]
[b]Extra Two:[/b] [one art piece or 300 words here]
[/list]

End Date is: Feb 8th
Last edited by .The Bootless Box. on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt #134 - Open!

Postby Aravel » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Beautiful lady! No intention of trying, but I would like to watch! <33
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cutieduckpie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Res

Username: Cutieduckpie

[img]bloop[/img]

Name: Samoon
    Origins of her name wrote:A hot, whirling wind in the Sahara and Arabian Desert that plays a role in reshaping dunes; it can move vast quantities of sand.
    Also from the Arabic for “poison.” As if The die were cast, the dice of her fate, as she was born, damning her to poisonous relationships.

Element: Air
    Abilities wrote:bloop

Personality: Strong headed - Passionnate - Talkative - Romantic

Story:
    Her message had arrived far too late. The currents in which she relied heavily upon had not carried her quick enough to avoid this bloodshed. Several scouts had not been fortunate to escape the ambush, however. She was lucky in that alone.
    It had been her job, after all, to ensure the enemy never gained an advantage over her pride. In this endeavour, she had failed and she could already feel it weighing heavily on her conscience. At this point, all she could do was continue to circle ahead and tear down any that flew in her path.
    Claws unsheathed, she hurled herself in the direction of an enemy scout. Blood coated her pelt, dying it an ugly crimson. Wings became entangled and both struggled to remain above their comrades on the ground. Perhaps the most terrifying was the fact that Samoon had so much staked on this task.
    Far too many scouts had already been slain by the enemy, and the few that remained were locked in ferocious battles that could claim their lives. This was why she felt an even larger dose of adrenaline surge through her.
    Hind paws placed on the shoulders of the enemy, she propelled herself backwards. Wings quickly folded against her back for a second as she decreased her altitude before snapping open in an instant. Pain reverberated through her muscles at the sudden impact, yet she knew she could not win in close combat.
    Desperation mixed with a desire to claim victory, her primal emotions were soon balled into a surge. Steadily, slowly, did the power began to increase inside her as she evaded each blow the enemy sought to deal. She knew she could not sustain this for much longer, yet she acknowledge that this would be her only chance to catch the enemy by surprise. She had restrained using her powers thus far and assumed the other lioness had probably assumed she could not launch an attack in the air.
    Power welled inside of her and, suddenly, she released it the instant a smirk had formed on her lips. She was arrogant, proud, of this power she had been born with and had honed ever since. It was not powerful in its own right but, used skillfully, it could spell the end of any of those in the air around her.
    The rival had been forced backwards, wings unable to fold properly and merely tearing through the strong air currents. The force had not been enough to kill, but enough to cause internal injuries. Even if she was able to return to Samoon, the battle could be won with a simple swipe to the wings or face.
    Bringing her wings down and lifting herself higher, she observed the battle below. It had grown small during the brief time she had been engaged in her fight. She could see, even from this great height, the distinctive pelt of her leader. Engaged in a battle with the leader of the ambush, she could envision the bloodshed each caused on the other. Even so, confidence flourished in her heart that he would claim victory. It was foolish to believe that he would be bested.
    The battle, which had begun with her pride’s back against the wall, had ended in their favor. Not too many had been lost to the fight alone, but a great many were injured. The only rank to sustain heavy losses were the scouts, which would hinder further exploration and patrols for a time.
    Adrenaline began to fade and this was when realized she was using a sprained wing. The small aerial trick she had performed had sprained her right wing. The pain was not enough to render her to be unable to fly, but it was enough to ground her once the fight had ended.

She stood guard as the warriors streamed past her. Some gave her acknowledgement with either a slight nod or brushing their muzzle against her shoulder. This was a silent way of showing gratitude and thanks, which did caus her slight guilt to grow. Many more could have survived if she had reacted quicker than she had. Yet, no matter how few or how many were lost, scouts risked more than most to ensure their pride emerged victorious. Typically, this did not come without a cost.
    The small troop that had fought consisted of nearly fifteen warriors, which was reasonably small compared to previous engagements. Normally, the enemy brought a stronger force yet they, too, might had grown tired of this constant bloodshed. Even so, the clash of ideals often brought most lions to fight with both tooth and claw. Such wars were endless till one claimed a definite advantage. Samoon felt this was the case this time.
    Purple eyes watched the stream become a trickle as time marched on, and the progress was slow. Some at the very forefront had been seriously wounded and had to relay on a pridemate’s shoulder to walk. The sight caused her hatred for her enemies to grow and an irritated growl rumbled deep in her throat.
    This anger is what caused her concern to grow for those that lingered behind. It drove her to rise to her paws and pad over to where they where. Most had found someone to lean on or to carry them, which brought some relief to her. The ones that had were managing to move on their own, and she knew she could not help them.
    In order to carry them, she would have to unfurl her wings and this would cause her some degree of pain and displeasure. It might also delay the healing process and she knew she would be needed more than ever in the months to come. The decrease in scouts all but stated this as a fact.
    Padding behind those who were at the tail end of the stream, she felt, for the first time, pain across her muzzle. The lioness she had battled in the air had managed to claw her face and chest, though the blood had long stopped from dropping to the ground. They were shallow, fortunately, and hopefully would not leave any scars if she had a healer treat them.
    Then, suddenly, she felt something land on her back. Claws tore the soft flesh that laid across her shoulders, barely missing the top of her wings. Shock flooded her soon after, rendering her unable to move for a moment.
    It was in this brief time that she was taken into the air, claws piercing her skin more and tearing it. She had to force her captor to release her before more damage was done, and this thought caused adrenaline to flow through her veins once more.
    Wind sliced upward, knocking the head of the lioness toward the sky and, surprisingly, it enough to cause her grip to loosen. It as at this moment that she unfurled her wings and brought them down, increasing the force of her ascent by intertwining wind to the simple action. With a great deal of force, her back knocked against her captor’s stomach, which forced her to release Samoon.
    Blood coated and soaked her shoulders and ran down her pelt, and she felt it begin to cool. The pain had faded when desperation and adrenaline had kicked in, and her training came back in force. Instinct took control and her limbs moved on their own accord.
    Planting a hind paw on the lion’s stomach, she released another gust of wind so that the impact did more damage than the blow alone could. She had been fortunate her attempt to stun the enemy had succeeded. Otherwise, it would have been near impossible to break free.
    Pain then tore up her left wing as her sprain began to actively voice its protest, yet she remained in the air. Her narrowed eyes watching the enemy struggle to regain her balance. It was only when she disappeared from Samoon's sight did she slowly descend.
    Pain continued to engulf her wing even as she folded it against her back and began the trek back to her pride. Even so, pride filled her and a smile formed on her lips. She had defeated yet another enemy that would dare cause harm to her and her family. Today held more than one victory.

Extra One: [one art piece or 300 words here]
    Extra Two: [one art piece or 300 words here]
Last edited by Cutieduckpie on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 am

-Dropping I apologies-
Last edited by Vraska the Unseen on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmileChild » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

im really gonna try my hardest!
oof forgot
Last edited by SmileChild on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
!!!MISSED THE HALLOWEEN TRADE IN!!!
Desperately looking for wishlist 23halloween pets, feel free to send a trade over if you have any spares!

╔══════════════════════╗
-----------------------
☽:Vis's | ☽:Kal's
-----------------------

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
text
text
text
text

╚═════════════════════════╝

SmileChild

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 am

Username: here
    Name: here
    Element: here
    Personality: here
    History/Story: [you may choose whether or not to tell me a story involving her, or her history]
    Extra One: [one art piece or 300 words here]
    Extra Two: [one art piece or 300 words here]

res
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 am

Username:
Keen

Name:
Caeli
Pronunciation:
KAY-lee
Definition:
Air

Element:
Darkness
Scout

Songs:
Barbra Streisand - Being Good Isn't Good Enough
Taylor Swift - The Outside
Matisyahu - One Day

When you first meet Caeli, your impression of her might be that she is a rather quiet, caring lioness. She seems perpetually upbeat and concerned for the well-being of others. While you would be correct in your assumption, there is more to her than meets the eye. Underneath that fluffy, kind, happy surface lies a troubled and lonely lioness. You would think that someone like her would have many friends and a happy family life, but the opposite is true. With no friends and no family, Caeli does not exactly have a life to be envied.

Hoping that one day the war will end and everyone will live in harmony, Caeli believes that all lions have some good in them somewhere, no matter how deeply buried it may be. She wishes to show kindnesses to all lions that cross her path in hopes of encouraging that good seed to grow and flourish, causing the lions to realize that there is an alternative to violence, thus ending the war. She believes that all lions have a paw in ending the conflict, no matter how small the part may seem to them. However, a utopian world where all lions co-exist is simply unrealistic, as there will always be differing opinions on the best way of life. The dreams that Caeli nourishes are far-fetched at best, but she is blind to that fact.

When another lion is in pain, whether physically or emotionally, Caeli feels the need to step in to help, regardless of whether the lion wants it or not. Most often, her well-intentioned aid causes more harm than good, which tends to create tension between her and the lions she was trying to help. If she would simply discuss her desire to help with the lion involved, her plans would see more success than they currently do, but that thought never crosses her mind. She instead reacts on impulse and usually throws off the plans of the lion as they are not expecting any interference.

Due to her impulsive nature and bumbling attempts to help others, Caeli is usually found by herself in her small den. Most of the lions do not want her around in case she decides to “help” one of them again. She tells herself that the other lions are simply wanting some time alone, but the feelings in her heart tell her that she knows this is not true. The pain inside her own being, the sinking feeling in her stomach when they turn away from her, the stinging in her eyes when she feels the rejection of those she wants to protect… Telling herself a lie is better to her than to accept the truth that she is not wanted.

Hoping one day to have a family of her own, Caeli enjoys watching the families of the Pride as they go about their lives. The playful romping of the cubs, the watchful love of the parents, and the adoring gazes they cast at one another all work together to fuel her fantasies of her own future. She longs for the acceptance of a mate and cubs, for the love that she would share with them. She is often found lying at the mouth of her den with a dreamy look in her eyes as she imagines how her life might be some day. She dreams of a mate, handsome and strong and brave, of cubs, playful and loving and cuddly, and of a peaceful world for her cubs to grow up in.

The desire to help others is something that comes naturally to Caeli, but the way she handles that desire is where things go wrong. Instead of talking with someone about the problem they are having and asking if she can help, she just tries to help in her own way. This usually ends in disaster. Acting on instinct and impulse instead of with thought and care to her actions, she has caused harm on more than one occasion to the very lion she was trying to help. This is especially detrimental during scouting missions, where one false step can leave a lion dead or maimed. As a result, most lions tend to shy away from her, avoiding any close contact or association with her for fear that they will be the next victim of her “help.”

Impulsive nature aside, Caeli is one of the kindest lions you will meet. Her only wish is to make others around her happy and content. She loves when others are at peace and strives to help them achieve this. Her greatest sorrow is that she fails so often in her desire to help. Her kindness stops at her own den, though, and she has no sympathy for herself. She is everyone’s hero but her own.

This is more of a fault than an asset to Caeli. She spends so much time thinking about others that she rarely takes her own comfort or happiness into account. One exception to this is her great desire for a mate and cubs. She longs for acceptance and love. For the most part though, she ignores these feelings in herself and instead focuses on the feelings and desires of others.

Caeli was born to the Pride nearly 400 years ago, during a time of peace and prosperity on Lochren. She was an only cub at first, and reveled in the attention from her parents. One morning though, about 150 years after she was born, her parents introduced her to her little brother, born during the night. She adored her baby brother and tended him like she was his mother herself. Her own mother and father seemed distracted throughout Caeli’s childhood. They became increasingly distant as she grew older. She desperately wanted to find a way to pull them out of it, but the solution eluded her. All of her attempts ended in failure. They simply seemed to stop noticing her most of the time. When they did notice her, they would reprimand her and tell her that there were more important things for them to worry about. It wasn’t until she was in her adolescence that she began to understand the rumors that flowed around her: Talk of Unrest in the Pride.

When she heard that Aeon, the Alpha, had been killed by his close friend, Arknon, her world began to come apart at the seams. When she was just 176 years old, her father joined the other warriors in the battle and her mother was beside herself. Looking back, Caeli fears that something was maybe not right with her mother’s mind. She was always upset about something, but perhaps that was what came of living in a time of such turmoil. Caeli tried to help her mother in any way she could, but nothing seemed to work. And then one day, 74 years after the start of the war, the horrible news came back to them that her father had been killed in the fighting. Her mother did not live much longer than it took for her to run to the lake. Caeli and her little brother ran after her, not knowing where she was going. When she realized what her mother intended, Caeli threw up a blind over her brother’s eyes, not wanting him to see what was about to happen. Her own vision perfectly clear, save for the tears in her eyes, Caeli watched her mother plunge into the icy, beautifully deadly waters of the Lake of Eternity. She cried out in anguish, stumbling to the ground, as the vapors rose from the water and air bubbles broke on the surface of the lake.

Her brother began to cry at her wail of dismay and she struggled to her feet, staggered back, and wrapped her paws around him. She removed the blind from his eyes and told him that their mother was gone. She wanted to scream and cry and be comforted, but she knew that her young brother was not mature enough to be that support for her. She instead choked down her own emotions and sudden terror and laid her cheek on the top of his head. “Don’t worry little cub, I will take care of you,” she said through her tears. “Mother and Father are both… away for a while.” She could not bring herself to tell him that they were both dead. She could not stand to see him in such pain. He was still so young. He should not have to experience this kind of torture at such a tender age.

She went in to the den with her brother later that night and laid him down in the back of the cave. She placed a small cloud of darkness around his eyes to allow him to sleep more easily. As she turned away from him, her heart heavy with unspent grief, she looked up into the deep purple eyes of Acacius. She had met him before her brother was born, when they were both small cubs. She had no closer friend than this lion. She could see that the fur around his eyes was wet. She stood, frozen to the spot, as he came forward to comfort her. "I am so sorry about your father, Caeli," he started to say. He looked around the small den. "Where is your mother? I thought she would be here with you..."

Caeli finally released the pent up emotion that she had held in check for hours. Her body was racked with the sobs that ripped from her chest. The images of her mother running into the lake would haunt her for the rest of her life. After what seemed like hours, she was able to choke out the awful truth about her mother's whereabouts. He wept with her then, lending his comfort to her in the form of shared grief.
"Please, don't ever leave me, Canie..." she sobbed. She feared he would be drawn off into the war like all of the other lions she knew.
His voice was a ragged whisper when he answered, "Never."

As the years passed and the memory of her parents faded, the scene of her mother’s death stayed vivid in her mind. She was saddened to realize that most of her memories of her mother were clouded by the vapors rising from the Lake that night. She would often go out and sit on the bank, watching the reflection of the stars on the shimmering water. She thought about the war, how senseless it all seemed to be to her. She thought about the suffering of the lions of the new Rebellion and of the Pride… all for what? Her chest hurt with the pain that she could feel radiating from the Lake. So many new souls have gone to rest there, but how many more had not made it that far? How many spirits wandered the Unknown lands causing more pain and heartache? She feared those spirits. What stopped them from coming here to the Pride and destroying them all? Had her father made it to the lake? Or was he one of the damned? Would she be able to tell if she saw him? Would the thought even cross her mind? She shook her head to dispel the disturbing thoughts that plagued her mind and heart. She felt chills standing her fur on end.

She stood and shook her whole body, nose to tail, as if shaking off water. The depression that settled over her just then nearly crushed her. The Pride was without an Alpha. Lochren was being torn apart by lions on both sides of the war. Her brother had left her five years before, when he was barely an adult, running to the rebellion. There had to be something she could do, something they could all do, to end the madness. She closed her eyes and laid down with her head on her paws, tears dropping into the Lake. As her sorrow shed itself in the form of tears, she felt a presence beside her. She opened her wet eyes and looked up at the form of a lion by her side. His coat was too dark to see in the gloom of the night, but his white mane gleamed in the starlight.
“Canie…” she murmured sadly, leaning slightly closer to him. He shifted his paws and then laid down next to her. His purple eyes reflected the light back out into the night.
“What are you doing out here alone, Caeli?” He asked her, laying his head down on his paws.

She did not answer him, but instead laid her own head back down on her paws. She gazed at the water again, all of the same thoughts whirling around in her mind. How to fix it all… How to end the pain? The only solution that came to her mind was that she needed to help as much as she could. She had to help end the suffering of others, however she could. And maybe, just maybe, she could inspire others to do the same by her actions. Her heart pounding now, from excitement more than anxiety, she jumped to her feet. This startled Acacius and he also got to his feel rather quickly.
“What’s wrong??” he asked her, real worry in his voice. The light in her eyes shone bright as she answered him. She told him everything about what she had been thinking about and feeling that day and about the conclusion she had come to.
He seemed to weigh his words very carefully before he finally spoke. “Caeli… This war is so much bigger than just you or me. There is little that any one lion can do—”
She cut off his words in her excitement. “But we can do it together, Canie! If we talk to the other lions and convince them that they can help too…” her voice trailed off as she looked into his face and saw the doubt there. Seeing that he was unconvinced, she said, “Well, I will just prove it to you then.”
“Prove it to me later, okay?” He nudged her toward the dens. “You have a mission in the morning.”

Scout training had gone very smoothly for Caeli, except for a few notable occasions. She loved going out and exploring the wilder areas of Lochren. The landscape was beautiful to her and the few nomads they met were friendly for the most part. Her most difficult challenge was to keep her mind focused on the task at hand, as she tended to let her thoughts wander as she flew. At this point in her life, she began to really notice the emotions of those around her and that also tended to distract her as she focused on them. She focused so hard on how other lions were feeling in her desire to help them, as she vowed she would do. Her empathy for them grew so much that she began to feel their emotions as a physical thing. Their pain became her pain, their joy became her joy. This started to affect her in ways that she had not foreseen. Her own emotions became clouded and unstable, as she had a hard time discerning when it was indeed her own emotion, or that of another lion. This confusion led her to begin to react to help a lion quickly, on impulse. But without the proper thought and care put into her actions, she rarely succeeded in easing another’s pain. More often than not, she made their situation worse than it had been before.

On one occasion, while out in the field with her trainer, they came across a small band of rebel lions. They were caught off guard and were definitely outnumbered. She could sense the hostility rolling off of the opposing group and felt it as a physical blow. Glancing at her mentor, she was surprised to see that he seemed to be frozen on the spot. If she didn’t do something then the rebels would hurt him. Impulsively, she threw out a blanket of darkness and covered the entire field in shadow. She heard her name called out in the blackness and was sure it was her mentor’s voice. A moment later she heard the sound of shattering ice and then her shadow vanished. One of the rebel lions also controlled the element of darkness and easily overpowered her own control of the shadow. She could see a pile of ice shards in the middle of the group of lions, lying where her mentor’s ice spear had slammed into a boulder. She had caused him to miss his shot by blinding him too. She should have only blinded the rebel lions, she thought with embarrassment. She barely had time to feel chagrin before the rebels charged at them. Fear tightened its hold on her chest and she could not find the means to react to the attack.
“Fly, Caeli!” Her mentor’s yell shook her out of her terror and she raised her wings into the air. Bringing them down with a great w h o o o o s h, she lifted off of the ground. She saw with relief that none of the rebels were winged lions, and so could not follow them. Their taunts followed loud and clear though.

She received a long lecture from her mentor following that event, but the only thing she could think about was the taunts that the rebels had thrown at her. They said she could not control her element, that she screwed up. Her face hardened, and then went slack. Oh, who was she kidding? They were right. She did mess up. She narrowed her eyes. She would do better next time.

Darkness
A lion with the gift of darkness can:
Cover any area with darkness, can blind foes,
create distractions, cloud the mind, manipulate shadows.

How does she feel about her element?
Her mother's elements were Love and Hate, and her Father's element was Darkness. She regrets that the one element that might help her in her quest to end the war is not the one she inherited from her parents. Her father used his element with great skill,
but had few qualms about using it for personal gain. Caeli is different. She only desires to do good, but how can she do that with the element of Darkness? How could she show others the compassion and care she feels when all she can do is move around a shadow or two? This leaves her feeling an ache in her heart for what might have been whenever she pauses long enough to think on it. She believes that her mother's dual elements perhaps caused her to become progressively weak of mind, which she had heard of happening from other lions. She was truly grateful that she did not inherit the hate element, as she knows this would have made her dream impossible.

Moveset

Blanket of Peace

Caeli creates a thick blanket of darkness that covers an entire area, blinding all within. This usually causes enough disturbance to stop any fighting between lions that are within the darkened area. This takes a bit of effort and little time to prepare, but lasts for no more than 15 to 20 seconds, but that is usually enough time. Outside of combat, she will sometimes use this ability to hide herself from the world. She will lie in the back of her den and shroud the interior in darkness. Rarely does a lion enter her den when this is in effect, as the blackness is complete and very disorienting. When used this way, it lasts until she removes it.

See no Evil

Related to the Blanket of Peace, this move targets a specific lion or set of lions, rather than an entire area. The darkness clings to the chosen lion as they move, until Caeli dispels it or the ability wears off. This move takes very little effort, but more time to prepare as it is a more focused move. It lasts for 10-15 minutes or until she removes it, whichever comes first.

Think no Evil

There has not yet been an occasion where Caeli felt the need to use this move, as she feels that it is wrong to influence another lion’s mind. This move clouds the mind of another lion or group of lions, causing them to grow confused about things they were once sure of. It takes a great deal of focus and energy for her to use, but not much time to prepare. It’s effect can be permanent if she has enough energy to pour into it.

Acacius

Being such a similar personality to her, Acacius has been a true friend to Caeli since they were cubs. He shares the same elemental control as she, so they were able to learn to control their element together. They both want to see the end of the war, even if they see different ways of getting there. On a more personal level, Caeli adores Acacius. He is the only lion that has given her much thought since her brother went away. He takes her seriously, even if he doesn't exactly agree with her mindset. She has elevated him to a position of great esteem in her own life, and puts great weight on his words. He helps her when she is feeling depressed, and perhaps one day he will be able to teach her a better way to live her life.

Credits
GIMP Brushes from Here
Art piece by Starry <3

Notes
The choice of a single relationship was deliberate. She has no other meaningful relationships other than her parents and brother. Lions do not tend to feel strongly about her, they are just careful to avoid close contact, but do not wish her ill. She has no enemies, as it is not in her nature. She is a very lonely girl and I wished to portray that. This may change in the future if she learns to control her impulsive nature.

I was informed that a moveset is not counted as an extra, so the art will be the second extra.

The art piece that Starry made provokes so much emotion and thought about Caeli's feelings about the war and other lions.
It just gets me *right here*.
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt #134 - Judging!

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am

Okay. Results are in and we have a winner! Keen is the winner of this adopt. Congratulations! Take good care of Caeli. Your form was simply outstanding and I love Caeli’s character and story. I would like to give an honorable mention to Cutieduckpie, because although your form did not include extras it was complete and the story was enjoyable! I also offer you a reward of 20 tokens for your hard work. I hope to see you both around and adopting some more lions in the future!
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt #134 - Winner

Postby Cutieduckpie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you <3
And congrats keen !
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt #134 - Winner

Postby Keen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am

Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me