astrid the viking

Postby broken* » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:13 pm

username; broken
name; astrid (old norse name meaning 'divine beauty')
gender; female
art or writing;
{{500 words even}}
"i was born a viking, the daughter of the chief, but i am also a warrior. i have the same dream often, although its really a memory from my past. it is no nightmare, but quite the opposite; it is the day all of my hopes and dreams officially came true.
my village was known as vinland (pronounced 'winland') in the unknown country of north america. we lived along the eastern coast so we could fish and sail, but we still had enemies. our biggest enemies lived in the forest on our western side. they were not regular kalons like we were, but they were massive scaly creatures with sharp teeth/claws/horns/spines, that could fly and breath fire. we called them dracos, more commonly known as dragons. since the day my people had landed here many years ago, we had been at a constant war with the creatures.
the dream that replays in my mind is the day i fought my first draco. i had been born the village chief's daughter, and since my mother had died during child birth, my father was extremely protective, refusing to train me or allow me to fight. this didnt settle well with me. my uncle, aka my father's younger brother, trained me in secret practically from the day i was born. he saw my mother's fighting spirit in me, and wanted me to not only make her proud but to be able to defend myself. and i am so glad that he had this mindset, instead of the one that my father, and many of the other members of our village, had.
the dream starts off the way any regular day does; waking up with the sun and finding something to eat. i excelled with bow and arrow, as well as with small dagger throwing, and so often i would be the one to go out hunting for breakfast, or other meals. that particular morning i went out into the forest like always, only to hear several high pitched shrieks. i didn't think, i just acted based on my instincts and i bolted towards the sound. there i found a massive black draco, covered in spines and horns, who had managed to pin three kalon kits into a corner. the kits i recognized as a trio of siblings, two sisters that commonly followed their daring brother on his dangerous adventures, likely one of which they had tried going on that morning which had ended so badly. everything after that happened so quickly, all i knew was i had to protect the kits. i attacked the draco using every trick my uncle had ever taught me, yelling at the kits to run back for the village. they must have been screaming about what was happening, because the next thing i remember, warriors were surrounding me, there to help. but i hadnt needed it. i was standing on top of the draco's body. that was the day my father made me a warrior."
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: nameless readopt

Postby Dreamie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 pm

ahh didn't end up finishing my form -- but good luck to everyone !!
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmileChild » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 pm

good luck! you all had lovely forums :D
!!!MISSED THE HALLOWEEN TRADE IN!!!
Desperately looking for wishlist 23halloween pets, feel free to send a trade over if you have any spares!

╔══════════════════════╗
-----------------------
☽:Vis's | ☽:Kal's
-----------------------

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
text
text
text
text

╚═════════════════════════╝

SmileChild

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelMellyMel » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:26 pm

I got so busy I never got to actually post my form. Oh well, I can't wait to see who wins this beauty!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby undead » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 pm

noriia wrote:
━━━━━. ᴡ ʀ ɪ ᴛ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ..ɪ ɴ..ᴛ ʜ ᴇ..s ᴛ ʀ s
    username: noriia // name: emilia // gender: female
    art or writing: word count - 483
      At first, all Emilia could see was darkness. It was familiar and comforting now though, she'd been here many times before. It was a recurring lucid dream she knew like the back of her hand. Typically, she'd welcome it with open arms, appreciating the chance to spend some time in what she called her happy place. Her safe haven away from the busy world she grew so tired of.

But tonight it felt...different. Looked different.

The spectrum of lights that would dance around the dreamscape, as if the sun were shining through stained glass windows from all around, just simply weren't there. They should've appeared by now, as vibrant and beautiful as always, filling her with joy. Instead, the lack of colour left the atmosphere...almost sombre. It felt so dead. And she in turn grew apprehensive. Emilia was certain that if she spoke, she'd be greeted with echoes that would go on...and on...and on. Even her breathing had become slightly strained, less that be the only noise to fill the space.

Emilia was aware that she was free to roam, but where would she even go in the vast emptiness that surrounded her?

She soon reminded herself that she was dreaming, things might change if she simply started exploring. She didn't have anything to lose, so why not give it a try? Emilia took a deep breath before taking her first, somewhat tentative, step forward into the unknown.

As her foot made contact with the "ground", Emilia heard a light twinkling sound accompanied by a faint glow to her left. She turned her head to see what it was, and was greeted by a single star. She couldn't deny the small smile creeping onto her face at the sight of it. Perhaps the more she steps she took, the more stars would appear?

So, Emilia continued on, slowly at first but it wasn't long before she speeded up, soon breaking out into a full on run. Stars lit up all around her, hundreds, thousands of them shining brightly. Their twinkling like wind chimes, or notes from a piano, providing her with a whimsical soundtrack, you could say.

She'd never seen something so breathtaking before. Not even her usual lights could match the beauty before her eyes.

And after what felt like hours, but really was only a minute or so, something clicked. Emilia was well versed in constellations and general star positioning, how didn't she see it before? The stars had painted a picture for her, a message. She didn't know yet the urgency of it, but she knew what this meant for her as an individual now. She thanked them, her newfound lucky stars, and promised to return whenever she felt them calling.

From there on out, she made a quiet vow to be a messenger of the stars. Spreading whatever information it was that she had too.

kinda inspired by two of yayoi kusama's mirror rooms ("the souls of millions of lightyears away" & "aftermath of obliteration of eternity") as well as just stained glass pieces in general for the first part if it weren't obvious enough aha, and a slightly different take on a sort of prophet/oracle role!

i highly recommend you check the rooms out, they're stunning!

winner!! i really loved your story,, it made such a beautiful image and i could imagine it so well- i almost heard music going through my head as i read it i swear :0 i could get a little sense of the character through the story, but just enough that it kept her mysterious!!
      congrats^^ i'll add you and post on the archive thread!

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ᴋᴜʀᴛɪꜱ | ʟᴠɪᴄʜᴛ
▇▇▇▇{ | | ♑︎ }

▇▇▇▇hello! proud ghost artist
▇▇▇▇▇for Cozie Critters! you
▇.▇▇▇can dm me here or on
▇.▇▇▇ discord if you need me.
▇.▇..>>▇▇▇@ooeeoo
▇.▇.▇▇▇▇art by Panya
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
undead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valour » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 pm

oh my godd
    thank you so much!! i'm so glad you enjoyed my story!
    i promise i'll take good care of emilia!

i enjoyed reading everyone else's stories too and wish you all good luck for future tryouts!

hey, i'm val
pretty much inactive. i check back every once in a blue moon
valour

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 pm