Re: LOC Adopt #117 - closed

Postby Charboo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 am

Forgot to post yesterday lol. c,:

No new forms can be posted! You have two days left to make your final edits to your forms! ♥

Closed for judging!
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #117 - Closed

Postby Lady Tuesday » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

aw man, didn't see that you could apply if you only had only lion..........

Good luck all and congrats to future owner! ^^ <3

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #117 - Open!

Postby Rohan. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello all~ Im so very sorry for the wait on the judgement here, life gets rather busy, but thank you so much for your patience. WIthout further ado, our winner of this delightful little mole is Nanorat! While you didnt have a competition, you put a lot of thought into the form and formed an adorable and lethal character. Jothra was delightful to read about and had quite a bit of character written into her past and her profession. I especially liked her little quirks and her hobby of facetting jewels and rocks, puts a nice little spin on her!
Thank you so much for applying and reading into the species! I hope to continue to see you, and Jothra, around~!

Nanorat wrote:
    Username:
      Nanorat
    Name:
      Jothra
      nicknames: Joe for friends ; enemies use Runt, Midget, or Pipsqueak
    Element:
      Earth
    Alliance:
      Neutral
      Nomad
    History:
      Jothra was born far out in the Unknown Lands, on a territory filled with angst, struggle and despair. Absent the golden dust, the inhabitants fought for their survival against harsh conditions - and each other. On the bottom of that bitter struggle was a lonely cub, sole daughter of her elderly parents, different from the rest and seemingly doomed to perish. Since the very first day, her life was fighting for survival. Slower and clumsier than other cubs of the neighborhooding - occasionly fighting, occasionly not when they had to take time to catch their breathes and rest - lion pairs, she was always a bullied outcast. The painfull life lessons, however, Jothra took differently that other cubs would - from them, she learned how to gain advantage. Long before she mastered her element was that she figured out how useful eavesdropping was - ostracised by other cubs, little shorty didnt run back to mommy's den, but stayed out of sight to hear and take note. Unnoticed and ignored, she gathered valuable secrets from other cubs, like their hidden stashes and good playing spots, and before long, she realised how useful that skill was. Hardly into adolescence, she was already on her way to becoming a mole - digger, listener, and - trader. She needed to struggle for survival no longer - a good bit of info listened in the right moment became her upkeep. She gathered and traded information - locations of the herds or underground deposites, plans of angry neighbours, most fitting places for dens, and everything useful she could claw up - with other lions, lions who were faster and stronger than her and could hunt much better and were more than happy to relinquish some of their lion shares for secrets Joe put up for bids. As she grew and became more adept with her element, she started to feel like just one territory was too small of a workingspace - beyond it, limitless possibilities were waiting, one only needed not to fear reaching out for them. And so she began wandering farther and farther away from her birthland, taking odd jobs here and there untill eventually, it became a solid job - she became a Mercenary. A mole for hire, working for those that can pay her service, not favoring any side of the Civil War over another - both had lions with possessions they were willing to part with for a share of sweet gossip so choosing just one would cut down her "clients", and her solitary up-bringing doesnt help with building long-term relationships in big groups either.
    Powers:
      Tunneling: An obvious, primary and most important power of any mole, Jothra mastered it to near perfection. With powerful scoops of her heavy paws, any ground obligingly diverges to make her way. She makes her tunnels very narrow, and not two steps behind her they collapse, making her a tricky target for most enemies. She prefers tunneling over walking on the surface even when not on a mission - in an enclosed space, she feels safe and comfortable. Even her den is not a cave like most lions would use, but a deep undergound burrow, accessible only through tunnels, and is rumored by some to be a secret treasury filled with hoarded riches.
      Seismic Blast: Another useful and often needed power, is creating a mini-spot of earthquake at a thud of a paw - not powerful enough to do real damage to opponents, but good for disorienting them. When on the topside, she often uses it when roaring - she has a low, "stomach" voice - to intimidate enemies, or sometimes to announce her presence when she wants to enter with a flare. When used on a mountainside can cause a landslide down the slope.
      Rock Wall: One of basic earth element powers, creates a wall in front of the caster - it's sturdyness depends on the floor material around. Not very useful in a close up fight but can effectively stall pursuers for a much needed moment to make a retreat.
      Rock Hurl: Throwind some of the nearby rocks at the opponent - sadly for Jothra, her mastery with this one is wishing for better. She never could quite get the trick with hurling big ones - so her game, is all close-by rocks smaller than a paw size flying at the opponent like a meteorite rain. It is also good enough for distracting and stalling opponents, and also for creating small diversions.
      Faceting: Not a battle skill, but one Joe greatly enjoys using. She can facet and shape rocks and gems into various shapes, and spends most of her free time doing just that. This skill of hers can also be used for building designing but she doesnt apply it for that often - "Im not an architect", she says. But mostly it's due to working on big dull rocks is, well, boring.
    Short Personality:
      Active | Opportunistic | Sassy | Singleton | Professional | Egoistic
    Detailed Personality:
      Her activity is a born trait - she was always restless and refusing to stay put, which exactly led her to developing the mindset she has. Even when shunned and chased away, she couldnt stay put but rather, always looked up the ways to do something about the situation. Healthy opportunism came with years of careful observation and analysing it, and learning to pick up important tints in everything. Sassy and bold way of communicating developed as a defense against the bullies that attacked her early in her life - later, she had the secrets to sting them back and didnt hesitate to prove it. Singleton is a result of her way of life - she never really lived among big groups of friendly lions, save her parents, so she's quickly starting to feel antsy when job brings her together with others.
      She's trying to uphold a "professional" image among her clients - although the rules of thumb are but a few. She does not change sides mid-mission - never, no matter the circumstances. If you wish to hire her, contact later and a new contract will be discussed, but only when the current is fulfilled and paid. She does not lie - it is something she learned early on that keeps her successful and afloat - about whos side she's on, and never tries to pretend she's with a friendly visit when she's actually eavesdropping - for that, there are tunnels and stealth. When she's spying after you, you must not know she's around or it's a job lously done, that is her motto (plus a strong belief that no matter how well you know someone and how much they trust you, they will still reveal a lot more secrets when they dont know you're around). She's not very good at lying and pretending - she's a field kind of spy, not a "mix with the crowd" one.
      She's still a fair bit of a "bad guy", and most lions tend to think of her as such. Only the desperate and unscrupulous seek out her service, as aside from her simple working rules, there's pretty much nothing she will turn down for the right pay. She's egoistic and doesnt do charity; you cant afford, you dont get to hire her, no matter the reasons or noble causes. She's also not afraid of making enemies - tough life have taught her that no matter what you do, there will always be more enemies, trying to stay friends is a futile effort; best to devote that effort into learning to outmaster enemies, instead.
      It is nearly impossible to scratch through the hard shell of a "pro merc" she built for herself, but deep down, there may still be good in her. Every lion has a baby cub hidden inside, a cub that is innocent and loving. However, it is buried so deeply inside her that hardly anyone can see it behind her self-righteous smirk and harsh, cutting words.
    Quirks:
      Hoarder: The biggest quirk of Jothra is her obsession with shiny things - just like a magpie, a glitter of a pretty thing makes her basically drool. Favorite and most treasured ones are precious gems, found on her own in tunnels or obtained as payment for her work. If one could see her sleeping in her underground lair, they could think they're looking at a wingless dragon upon their hoard - so much of shiny things she's gathered over time. She specifically keeps one tiny crack in the ceilling of her home - so that light coming down it can lit the gems and they glitter all around her like a galaxy full of little stars - her own little sky that she can cozily rub her side against.
      Gluttonous: Another thing she will never turn down, is food. Half-starved childhood left it's feely mark on Jothra, and she's always hungry - even after she just had her meal. Most of the time it doesnt pose any issue, because her activity and missions usually keep her in a fit form - but sometimes, in particular when visiting the pride and having to stay around for a while, it becomes a problem. She cannot just stop eating, even when physically she's not hungry - her gluttony comes from psychological trauma - she will still look out for food every X time period, when she'd be eating was she not visiting the pride. It causes her to gain some extra weight and seeing as her tunnels arent actually dug out but burrowed with the use of her element, always the same size, she may even not fit in it, and have to apply extra willpower for making a bigger tunnel for a time.
    Relationships:
      Jothra wrote:Gorgos: Negative
      "Leader of a local gang Ive encountered searching for job in these parts. Ambitious, like most males, wears those horns like they're crown! Tried to submit me into his "army" - he can dream! I think my little remark on high chance of fart should he butt his face into my tunnels when I got away offended him slightly, his henchcat's been on me for quite some while now. Just you wait till I find out a few of your dirty secrets, sweetmuzzle, then we'll see who'll laugh last."

Jothra wrote:Dustumi: Negative
      "The henchcat looking into Gorgos' mouth, trailing me since my sweet little acquaintance with their mob. Persistent like a raging caffer matron and hits about as hard. For now, it's evade and avoid tactic with her. When I get some compromising stuff on her boss, that should ward her off my tail."

Jothra wrote:Oleander: Neutral
      "Heard of him when I started going close to pride territories, but, never met personally. Ive got to admit, I was pretty excited to find out there's another one like me and our kind is called "moles" - I used to believe I was just a freak.. From the rumors, however, he doesnt sound like the kind of lion to deal with a naughty kitty like me, so I dont think we'll ever meet. I still wonder what it'd be like to see someone.. like me. Of my kind. Gah, enough with the mushy stuff, contracts are waiting!"

Jothra wrote:Lutalo: Positive
      "Noteworthy client - dont have any witty remarks about him - wish all my clients shown such courtsy and manners! A regular customer Ive run a few jobs for already, all went nice and smooth and we both ended in profit of it. Pure pleasure working with a lion not trying to guilt-trip or force me into submission or treat me like a thug. His charming way of talking is refreshing. I hope he needs something else sniffed out for him again."
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #117 - Closed

Postby Nanorat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Oh my god thank you so much!! OvO I shall cherish her, eeek! <3 My merc bae <3
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥