Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Batch #848 - Beagle - Winner!

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Winner wrote:user; memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=661452
name; Benji
gender; male
(form)

So national puppy day was 2 days ago, and I had meant to do some PPS babes to celebrate it. I decided that it's really never too late for puppies, so prepare for several pups to show up! All of these are based on purebred dog breeds that ranked in the top 20 or below list of most popular dog breeds in 2016!

This babe is based on a Beagle!
All the contests for these PPS babes will be short competitions, most only lasting roughly 24-48 hours. Also some of these may receive RUs (based on a similar dog breed or a color variant of the breed), so do your best!

[Form]
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
their childhood;

-fill out the form
-tell me something, anything about their childhood. max of 400 words.
-no editing your form!
-prettying up is allowed & encouraged

End Date: Ends on 2nd post of 3rd page or Mar. 27th, 2017 @ 9pm CST

Mutations wrote:ear variation (hound) - uncommon

[img]-img-[/img]

Code: Select all
[url][img]-img-[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Batch #848 - Beagle

Postby Lioashu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 am

username; humerussin
name; Benji
gender; Male
their childhood; ( 399 / 400 w )

Benji originally lived with a family of humans domestically, eating out of a dog bowl just like an ordinary beagle would. He often lounged around the house, being doted on and loved by them; some even called him a puppy just with how he behaved. The collar only reinforcing his new title, too.

He adored it at the house; especially when the weather was rainy. Benji would always race outside on his small legs and splash in the puddles, or roll around in the mud. Of course, this resulted in a certain human of the house sighing in contempt and shaking their head at his muddy body. “Oh Benji, now you need another bath...” They’d say in genial scorn, while he would just gently wag his tail and smile back up at them in spite. In the following moments, Benji would be brought back in carefully and set down into the tub—where he’d take the opportunity to lightly splash the human; sure, he liked trouble, but he was very mild about it. There’s a line I just wouldn’t cross. Mild inconvenience is all I aim for.

After his baths on those rainy days, Benji would always curl up with the human on the couch, dozing off as they watched whatever the strange box was in the room. He picked up words here or there about it—something called a… TV? Something like that. A strange box that made lots of sounds despite there being nothing in it. The concept never made much sense to him. All he really cared about was the popcorn the human would sometimes bring in a large bowl with them, and how exactly he could manage to stuff his face into it and eat the rest while they weren’t paying attention.

His favourite moments, though, were the times he finally was able to sleep after a long day of bounding around the house and around the backyard. Benji’s favourite spot to sleep was the end of one of the human’s beds—one that slept in just like him. The other humans aren’t too fond of it, but what’s wrong with some extra sleep?

Eventually, though, Benji began to grow tired of the same house, having explored every inch of it. He wished to wander more freely, and perhaps even meet more of his kind. While everyone was asleep, he slipped away.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 am

username || kamelgirl
    name || jason ("jace")
    gender || male (he/him)
    their childhood ||

Three days after Jace was born, his mother gave him away.

"It's not that I don't want him," she'd explained to Morgana. "I don't have time for a child. I'm a show pet! Morgana, you understand, right? You're looking at me weird. Weirder than usual."

"Luce, you're a good friend, but you suck as a mother," Morgana had said.

That had been two years ago. Now the pathetic, mewling scrap of fur had grown into a loud, bouncy scrap of fur. Life on the road was a questionable environment at best for a kid, but this one seemed to have turned out alright. As far as annoying little furballs went.

Said annoying little furball bounced up to Morgana with an excited gleam in his eyes. "Look, Mama! I found a ladybug!" he chirped. Between his teeth, Morgana saw a flash of red; doubtless the unfortunate ladybug.

"It's probably toxic," she said drily. "Eat it and you'll have to see Donny again."

Jace's eyes widened and he spit the bug onto the ground. Morgana pitied it.

As the kid bounced away to play with a caterpillar, Morgana paused to survey their surroundings. There was an empty cave nearby, and she could hear a stream a few yards away. Seems as good a place to bed down as any, she thought, sliding the travel pack off her back.

"What's that?"

Apparently the nuisance had returned. "It's a fork," she proclaimed, holding it up. "I'm going to eat you with it."

Jace giggled and poked into the pack to investigate. "Ooh!" he gasped, pulling out a red leather collar. "What's this one?" Morgana suppressed a frown; when Jace's mother had dumped him in her lap, that had been the last thing she'd left him. Morgana had held onto it, but she hadn't spoken to Luce since Jace.

"Oh, that?" she asked. "That's just.. a present a friend gave you when you were born. I was waiting until you got big enough to wear it."

Jace grinned. "I'm big enough now!" he declared and slipped it on.

This time, Morgana did frown. Something about seeing the kid (her kid) in a human collar made her feel uneasy. Shaking it off, she forced a smile. "Looks great," she said.

Jace spun around in a circle, trying to admire himself. "I need to look in the stream," he said before tearing off down the hill. Morgana's bitter half-smile morphed into something more genuine.

"Don't fall in!" she called before beginning to set up camp. (400/400)

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Username:
Softballpup12
Name:
Maxwell
His childhood:
Maxwell comes from a very well known family. They are respected and influential, and also expected to be perfect all the time. Max wasn't sure what to think of this, and he was definitely sure he didn't love it. See, he had an obsession with space and the stars. He loved to theorize about what else was out there. His sketchbooks were filled with beautiful sketches of the night sky, the stars and sun, planets, but most of all, aliens. He loved the idea of alien life. In fact, he worshipped it. He would sit outside his window, on the roof, and stare at the stars for hours past his betime, often thinking about what it would be like to be abducted by aliens. He loved that thought, and often came up with new languages, hoping that one day he'd be able to use them to communicate with an alien. He would build cardboard spaceships, and ask his friends to play in them with him. He had one or two that would comply, but many thought he was weird when he walked around town, babbling gibberish to anyone he met. His father disapproved of this behavior, and often pushed him to forget his ambitions. He didn't want his son to become an astronaut, or even worse, an engineer for NASA. No, he wanted his son to become a great business man, like himself and his father before him. He pushed and pushed, until one day, Maxwell gave it all up. He decided that he would become a business man like his father, and he'd forget his intergalactic obsessions. He promised his father that he would forget the stars and the planets, but on occasion he still goes out to his place on the rooftop to watch the stars, and wonder what might have been had he followed his dreams. He would never know, because, like they say, you only live once.
Reusing the concept! :)Image
Last edited by Softballpup12 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 am

Boop to watch
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am

This one was a little tough to judge despite the small amount of forms. Regardless I really loved Humerussin's form. It was an interesting perspective and I liked how you enforced that Benji acted like a dog but still wasn't a dog in reality. I've seen some of the pps pups forms confuse the two a bit. I look forward to seeing what else happens now that Benji has slipped off and where that will lead him! Congrats, I'm sure you'll take great care of him!

I'm also going to award an HM (x1 stubs) to softballpup12.

humerussin wrote:

username; humerussin
name; Benji
gender; Male
their childhood; ( 399 / 400 w )

Benji originally lived with a family of humans domestically, eating out of a dog bowl just like an ordinary beagle would. He often lounged around the house, being doted on and loved by them; some even called him a puppy just with how he behaved. The collar only reinforcing his new title, too.

He adored it at the house; especially when the weather was rainy. Benji would always race outside on his small legs and splash in the puddles, or roll around in the mud. Of course, this resulted in a certain human of the house sighing in contempt and shaking their head at his muddy body. “Oh Benji, now you need another bath...” They’d say in genial scorn, while he would just gently wag his tail and smile back up at them in spite. In the following moments, Benji would be brought back in carefully and set down into the tub—where he’d take the opportunity to lightly splash the human; sure, he liked trouble, but he was very mild about it. There’s a line I just wouldn’t cross. Mild inconvenience is all I aim for.

After his baths on those rainy days, Benji would always curl up with the human on the couch, dozing off as they watched whatever the strange box was in the room. He picked up words here or there about it—something called a… TV? Something like that. A strange box that made lots of sounds despite there being nothing in it. The concept never made much sense to him. All he really cared about was the popcorn the human would sometimes bring in a large bowl with them, and how exactly he could manage to stuff his face into it and eat the rest while they weren’t paying attention.

His favourite moments, though, were the times he finally was able to sleep after a long day of bounding around the house and around the backyard. Benji’s favourite spot to sleep was the end of one of the human’s beds—one that slept in just like him. The other humans aren’t too fond of it, but what’s wrong with some extra sleep?

Eventually, though, Benji began to grow tired of the same house, having explored every inch of it. He wished to wander more freely, and perhaps even meet more of his kind. While everyone was asleep, he slipped away.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Batch #848 - Beagle - Winner!

Postby Corvuss » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:36 am

Congrats humerus~ ♡
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 am

aah congrats guys! <33

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:05 am

ohmygoshididntseethiscomingatall ;O;
thank you so much mint and everyone for the congrats! ;v; and congrats to softballpup for the HM~
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for the HM! And congrats humerussin. I knew you were going to win from the start! The character you created for Beji was just so cute and creative! If he'd like some friends, pm me, because I've got a little traveler I'm developing right now too!
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me