BWSDA Spring Event #004 by canis,

Based on Click to view
Artist canis, [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

BWSDA Spring Event #004

Postby canis, » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 pm

This pup appears to be a mix between a Baltic Husky and a Chow Chow. We can not only tell by the extra fluff around the head and ears and the coat color, but also by the fact that this pup has a blue tongue, a signature characteristic of the Chow. She was found as a stray along the side of an interstate as a puppy, appearing to have been thrown from a vehicle. As a result of her past and the fact that she grew up in the shelter, she is extremely shy and wary of people and other dogs, but does not appear to show aggression towards either.

[size=85]Owner:
      Kennel:
      Full Name:
      Call Name:
      Colour: Masked Fawn
      Genotype: kk/aa/BB/DD/EmEm/gg/ilil/PP/SS/tt
      Stats:
        speed- 22
        stamina- 15
        strength- 24

Code: Select all
    [b]Owner's Name:[/b]
    [b]Dog's Name:[/b]
    [b]Other pets and their personalities:[/b]
    [b]Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog?[/b]
    [b]Do you know what heartworms are and how they are prevented?[/b]
    [b]Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?:[/b]
    [b]What may be a reason that you would return this dog?:[/b]
    [/size]
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BWSDA Spring Event #004

Postby aray17 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Owner's Name: aray17
Dog's Name: Road of Isolation // Ballari "Lari" (means walks quietly)
Other pets and their personalities: here are all of my dogs: Golden Hills Baltics. Lari would probably warm up to Lajila my shyest girl because Lajila is very introverted and likes to be by herself a lot but, she has warmed up to certain dogs and likes being around only a couple dogs. Alaska, Juneau, Zada, and Phoenix are all very mellow girls and would be comforting companions for Lari. They are all easy-going and very friendly. Ford, Everest, Harley, Lyra, Alei, Bentley, and Davidson are all very exuberant, which might overwhelm Lari at first so I would have to keep them away from her at first so she can ease into her new home. Levon and Russell are very mellow gentlemen and could also be great friends for Lari to warm up to because of their calm demeanor and sweet personalities. All of my dogs are very approachable and sweet dogs so they would all greet her and welcome her into the family graciously. All of my dogs are socialized very well so she would not be snarled at or barked at.
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog? Yes, I am willing to earn her trust through hours of hard work and determination. I believe by giving her time and the ability to run freely, she will warm up and I can earn her trust. By feeding her by hand, that would build up trust and hopefully she wouldn't fear me or others. I would not have her inside when there are other people in my house so she would not panic. Also, I would keep her away from my ranch hands for a long time and slowly introduce them one by one to her and allow her to warm up without force.
Do you know what heartworms are and how they are prevented? Yes, they are passed by infected mosquitoes and are treated with shots. They can't necessarily be prevented, but topical creams and chews can help prevent them.
Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?: To get her warmed up to her new home, I would put her in a run-in stall in my barn. It would have a separate corral so she could run around and not feel trapped inside a kennel like in the shelter. I would introduce her to one dog at a time and would allow them to bond naturally. I would not force it. Whoever Lari would want to be friends with, I would allow her to be friends with. I would feed her separately so she is not anxiety-ridden, worried about getting enough food. I would try my best to bond with her as much as I could and would approach her slowly and without anything in my hands so she wouldn't feel threatened. To train her not to eat out of trash cans, I would have bear lock trash cans installed throughout the property. I would allow her to run with the horses in the pasture and make friends on her own timeline and when she feels ready. After several months of keeping her in the run-in stall, I would try to eventually move her into my home. I would make sure she is comfortable around several of my dogs before moving her into my house.
What may be a reason that you would return this dog?: If Lari did not like being around any of the dogs, then I would return her so she could be a single dog instead. If she was overwhelmed by my dogs and did not adapt to them, I would bring her back so she could be happy.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BWSDA Spring Event #004

Postby .Foxtrot. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 am

Owner's Name: SpeednGrace
Dog's Name: Left Beside the Interstate // Stacy
Other pets and their personalities: Here's my kennels with all the personalities => x
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog?
Of course I'm willing to put time and effort into training Stacy. Modern day chow chows were bred for herding, pulling, hunting and guarding whereas their predecessor was a hunting during the Han Dynasty. So I'm going to train Stacy in the art of hunting and pulling sleds, to go back to the origins of what chow chows and baltic huskies originally did. She would learn to hunt fowl and to pull a sled in the think snow.
Do you know what heartworms are and how they are prevented?
Yes heartworms are a parasitic roundworm organism with the scientific name of Dirofilaria Immitis. They can be prevented by administering a heartworm preventive year-round as directed by your veterinarian.
Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?:
Yes I am definitely willing to make special alterations to accommodate any special needs for Stacy. As she is quite wary of others, I would situate her kennel further away from the other dogs but close enough so she can get used to their scents. I would also probably pair her up with a companion, to keep her company and ease her into the complex's way of life.
What may be a reason that you would return this dog?:
Under no means would I voluntarily return Stacy. I would do everything in my power to make sure that she is as comfortable as possible. Thus hopefully eliminating anything that could make her wary or fearful of her home.

thoughts ☆ are
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.Foxtrot. | She/Her
Hello there I'm .Foxtrot., nice to meet
you. I'm often called Fox or (was) Speed (neither
my real name) but you can call me what ever.
Anyway, have a lovely day c:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LinkLink ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cannot ☆ fathom ☆ into

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    The NITROGEN
    in our DNA.
    The CALCIUM
    in our teeth.
    The IRON
    in our blood.
    All came from a collapsing star
    WE ARE MADE OF
    ☆ STARS!☆
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ImageImage
.Foxtrot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BWSDA Spring Event #004 - #94

Postby Venatici » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 am

good afternoon everyone! I apologize for the delay on this adopt.

for reference, this will be baltic husky #94!

with baltic huskies being reopened, I have spoke to CS oekaki staff about these competitions and what to do with them! all unjudged dogs will be transferred over to new lines, and their competitions extended! this being said:

this dog is being temporarily revoked and placed on hold so that they can be transferred for free to the new lines. anyone who was entered in a competition for this dog will still be honored and have their forms automatically counted in the new competition, and will be welcome to edit+add to their forms if they wish!

for dogs that have competitions that will be impossible to judge by someone else other than the artist (such as a guess the genotype), these competitions will be converted into raffles so that everyone who entered will get a chance.

thank you for being patient, we greatly appreciate it! if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist