Based on Click to view
Artist Keen [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#604 Khimaira Friesians

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:07 pm

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: Keen
Show Name: Sugar Boy
Barn Name: Shug
Height: 14.2 hh
Color: Chestnut Minimal Tobiano
Genetics: ee aa T+

Keen's Artist Custom, my real-life first horse. We have no idea what his color genetics were!
Last edited by Keen on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #604 Khimaira Friesians

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Last edited by Keen on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:04 pm

The purple streak is really unique, pretty base as well.

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Ezai wrote:
    The purple streak is really unique, pretty base as well.

Thank you :) This is how he looked in real life. No leg bars, but a purple dorsal stripe. He also had cataracts which is why his eyes are white. If he were still alive he would be 17, nearing 18.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Slots:
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image

could you add minimal tobiano to it? i know your boy didn't have it but the friesians don't have facial or leg markings =)
it can be that your boy was a normal chestnut and had a dorsal stripe because one horse in his lineage was a dun ^^ sometimes the dun markings can pass on even if the horse isn't a dun =)
but when he had a dorsal stripe, dark points on legs and cannon bone and a face mask he would be a dun for sure, because these markings always show on a dun horse ^^
and i'm sorry that he died on such a young age ._. my foster horse is currently 15 years old and io hope he will life for 10 more years at least
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:00 am

I sure will! Would you like me to add Dd as well?

And thank you, I hope yours sticks around for ages yet! The worst part of having a horse is losing them.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:36 am

Keen wrote:I sure will! Would you like me to add Dd as well?

And thank you, I hope yours sticks around for ages yet! The worst part of having a horse is losing them.

no ^^ you don't need to add dun if you don't want to =)

and yes >.< my sister lost the horse she learned riding on after only 1 year ._. it was a friesian and she had heavy asthma
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:50 am

NeriHyuga wrote:
Keen wrote:I sure will! Would you like me to add Dd as well?

no ^^ you don't need to add dun if you don't want to =)

and yes >.< my sister lost the horse she learned riding on after only 1 year ._. it was a friesian and she had heavy asthma

Oh that is so sad :( Shug died when he was 7, so I had him for 2 years. I am hoping to get a horse again soon, but I am going to be super picky about which one I get. Shug spoiled me XD
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:53 am

Would Splash be a better gene than tobiano? The way the white comes up past the hocks and the blaze comes down onto the lower lip suggests splash to me, but there is none on his front legs, so maybe minimal splash?
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Keen wrote:Would Splash be a better gene than tobiano? The way the white comes up past the hocks and the blaze comes down onto the lower lip suggests splash to me, but there is none on his front legs, so maybe minimal splash?

minimal splash and minimal tobiano can look very alike because sometimes tobiano is only shown on legs and face ^^ so you can choose what you like more splash or tobiano =)

and sadly, he was really young >-< still a child about to grow up into an adult. i hope you will find a horse that will not be a replacement but a new friend to you =) it's best to never compare the horses but choose the one you like and feeling sympathy when you work with it ^^
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me