Artist Cooluser1615 [gallery]
Time spent 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sweetnose Mastiff #020

Postby Cooluser1615 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Adopted from the Rescue Event
    Backstory wrote:This female dog excelled in her former career as a sheepdog. Her herding instincts and seemingly boundless energy was put to good use. However, the female got in a fight with a bobcat who she attacked afte the predator tried to attack one of the lambs. The Mastiff came off worse for wear in the fight. She was left into a no-kill shelter after her owner decided that bills for her treatment would too expensive, and that there was no guarantee that she would even survive. The young dog ended up needing an amputation due to a fungal infection. She also became blind in her right eye, which is now a milky blue shade. Despite this, the female dog reminds highly energetic and work driven. While she has certainly demonstrated her herding abilities, she remains quite an obedient, friendly creature, and adores learning new things.

If rehomed, post here with the username of the person you're giving them to.
    Current Owner: D.J.D Vos
    Show Name: n/a
    Pet Name: Revenant (Revy for short)
    Size: 118lbs 28in
    Color: Blue Tweed with Tan Points
    Genotype: ata/BB/dd/kk/Ee/Mm/hh
    Breeding Notes:
    Carries one copy of the recessive red gene
    *has a blue right eye with milky white pupil
Last edited by Cooluser1615 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cooluser1615

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #020

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 am

Current Owner: D.J.D Vos
Show Name: n/a
Pet Name: Revenant (Revy for short)
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Task 1 - 372 words

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:43 am

I got a call to retrieve a lovely ex herding mastiff from the Sweetnose association. Apparently she is blind in one eye and has had one of her forelegs amputated due to injuries from a bobcat. I don't know what her old name was, but I've decided to call the gal 'Revy' and give her the stimulation she needs working with some goats on the SHF property. I load a crate into the truck and take off to get her. I keep the GPS on to guide my path, and I drive a few hours to a meet-up point where I'll pick up Revy. I wait around ten minutes for the handler dropping the mastiff off and she transfers into the crate I brought without too much fuss. The missing foreleg doesn't appear to hinder her movements much, so any worries about her not being able to keep up with the Friesians or goats are immediately dispelled.

I shut the crate door once she's in and make sure she has a little water before I start up the truck and head back. I can hear her rattling the crate and whining a little, so I gently shush her at a red light. We arrive at her new home and I bring her out to the stall where she'll be temporarily sleeping. It's got a big dog bed and some straw laid out for her to mess with if she chooses. I haven't bought her any toys yet, but I decide to give her one of the balls I let the horses use so she can entertain herself before I introduce her to the goats that will become her charges. I give her some love before getting her shut in for the night with some food and a small automatic water bowl, hoping the 8x12 foot stall is enough space for the gal to get comfortable in. I bring in the two horses and the small herd of goats into the barn before locking up for the night and making sure the heating is appropriate, since it gets pretty chilly at night. I head home, planning on returning the next morning for the usual feedings and to introduce Revy to her new companions.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Task 2

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:44 am

res
OutdatedBoombox