Based on Click to view
Artist hiraeth + hound [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sweetnose Mastiff #018

Postby hiraeth + hound » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:32 am

Adopted from the Rescue Event
    Backstory wrote:This sweet girl was an owner surrender after 5 years, they were moving out and their new home did not allow animals over 50 lbs. She's already very used to the home life, and her experience here in the shelter has shaken this sweet girl up. She loves going on walks and is a very laid back dog! The previous owners rescued small animals, so she's perfect with other friendly dogs, cats, birds, people, kids, anyone and anything, really! This perfect girl is all ready to go back to her happy days of laying on someone's couch and enjoying a nice and quiet nap. Please take good care of this sweet girl!

If rehomed, post here with the username of the person you're giving them to.
    Current Owner: jesdar16
    Show Name:
    Pet Name:
    Size: 97 lbs, 26 in.
    Color: Fawn brindle harlequin
    Genotype: Kbrk / mcmc / EmE / BB / Dd / slsl / Aya / SSp / CchCch / Mm / Hh / twtw / rr / TiTi / gg / uu / ww
    Breeding Notes:

hope you like her!

Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #018

Postby jesdar16 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 am

Oh she is beautiful!! Thank you!

Current Owner: jesdar16
Show Name: Sweet As Sugar
Pet Name: Sugar

Themes
First Introduction
Seated in the waiting room, I kept casting my eyes eagerly back towards the door. When would she come? I pulled out my phone, reading yet again an article on sweetnose mastiffs. There wasn't much on the breed, but I was determined to prepare myself to the fullest. A small creak from the door and the soft sound of pads on the tile flooring caused my head to jump up in extreme excitement. My eyes fell upon a beautiful young female dog. Her soft eyes gazed at me with intelligence and curiosity, and immediately I felt respect for her settle on my shoulders. She was enthusiastic; I could tell by the wagging of her tail and her bright gaze.
"Here she is, ma'am." The voice of the handler was pushed to the back of my mind as I crouched down, slowly stretching out my arm to allow the dog to sniff my hand. Her tongue flicked out and ran across the surface, and I giggled, letting her climb over me, stretching her tongue in all different places, at one point in my ear.
"Thank you again ma'am!" I exclaimed, taking the leash from her. "She's gorgeous!" I could see that there was a bounce in the dog's step as she was led out of the shelter. It was like she was happy to be away from it.
"Come now, Sugar." I cooed softly, watching her pad alongside me as we walked home.

[242 words]

Meeting Another Pet
It had been a few days since I had brought Sugar home with me; and I was sure she was ready to meet my other two dogs, Ginger and Coco. Both were greyhounds; currently staying at my brother's house while I let Sugar become accustomed to her new home. She had noticed the extra dog beds and food bowls, and I guess she was curious about them.
"You're here? Alright, let me get a leash on her." I hung up on my brother and attached a leash to Sugar's collar. Her papers said she was good with other animals, but better safe than sorry.
The door to my house opened and a long, narrow muzzle poked out. Eagerly the lean shape of my baby girl, Ginger, bounded out of the doorway and ran straight to me.
"Hi, honey!" I exclaimed, cupping her head and placing a kiss on it. "Where's Coco?" I asked as my brother stepped in behind Ginger. The skinny brindle appeared behind him, her ears flicked up intelligently. She could already tell something was different.
"Okay Ginger, Coco, meet Sugar." I led Sugar out from behind the table, keeping her leash tight to prevent her from leaping. She sniffed delicately at the other two dogs, while they did the same.
"Good girls." I whispered softly, stroking each one's head while they got accustomed to each other. "I think they're fine." I noted to my brother as he gripped the greyhounds' leashes tightly in his hand.
Ginger was enthusiastically circling Sugar, sticking her nose everywhere. Sugar stayed still patiently, occasionally stretching her nose out to the white and ginger dog. Coco's tail was wagging slowly as she too sniffed Sugar.
"Yep, they're good." I said as I released Sugar from the leash.

[294 words]

New Toy
WIP
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #018

Postby Neah » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:27 am

Dep and I are regening these kiddos. ^^

Genotype:
Kbrk / mcmc / EmE / BB / Dd / slsl / Aya / SSp / CchCch / Mm / Hh / twtw / rr / TiTi / gg / uu / ww

Phenotype:
Fawn brindle harlequin.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me