Time spent 12 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

lupin

Postby suds » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:04 pm

huge wip

ref before edit

prologue

xxxthe wick of a candle burned dangerously close to the translucent yellow pool waiting at the bottom. wind pushed against his bruised face as he darted through the tunnels he once found welcoming. cold tendrils wrapped themselves around his toes when they pounded on the worn down stone, his candlestick providing the only fading warmth. at last, the promising rounded opening arrived and he thrust his crooked nose through, moth-bitten cape engulfing his thin, stubborn figure. slipping through the cracks so thin shadows could not reside, the man ended up at a door he loathed with his head. he saw no reason to believe in the spirits and line shelves with potions that looked like colored swamp water.

xxxa dark, dark room. that was, until, a small burst of hopeful light pushed its way through the sludge of the black and washed away into new. a mother, lap laden with child, mind covered in rest and bright red poppies, kissed the air with her last gift she had given. baby, clueless, takes its first immature breaths with the wailing of sirens in the bleak night. men raise their balled gauntlets to the air in the clearing just a few hair lengths away, father coddling the bundle of cloth and pale skin to the moon.

"a boy," they cheered, "a prince."

chapter 1

xxx"prince indeed! heir to the throne of rats."

notes
      yes!! okay so the storyline is that theres this ragtag band of men in the undergrown tunnels of this like.. kingdom back in the day. so, it is rumored that the 'king' of the sewer group's first born son shall fulfill the prophecy and lead the kingdom to the upper-ground, where it will take over and get rid of the 'upwalkers' society. lupin is born in a disgusting a gross nursery, which is the only room with a window so the baby can have the first rays of the moon/son and give it health and happiness

now the king is fairly unhappy because his scholar rereads the prophecy and at the very bottom where the king skipped over in excitement, it says that lupin will one day overcome his own kin in a power hungry rage. lupin is 6 years old when he meets this woman who was very close friends with his mother (that's daphne in this case!) and she is a very prim women, works in an orphanage and scrubs dishes while changing rags all day. she has her shirts rolled up to her sleeves and isn't afraid to stick her strong hands into a pile of month old food to find a toy some kid threw in there. she didn't like the upper-ground kingdoms king because he rides into town with parades and fancy golden rings stapled to his ears and clothes.

so daphne was obviously entrusted with lupin, and his father cant just get rid of his son thatll lead his civilization to victory. the father makes lupin become daphnes apprentice, and lupin goes out of the sewers where daphne lives and works. he takes up painting in his spare time, and daphne doesn't have the money to pay for his paints but they've developed together for so long that daphne has become his mother figure in his life. lupin didn't have any education or training to fight this way, which is what his father wanted. lupin always wanted to see the world, daphne could see that but was overworked and didn't have the time.
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me