Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#5455 & #5456 titles below

Postby dreamwalker » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm

dam (#5455) blue roan tovero
foal (#5456) gold champagne roan tobiano

Grown version of foal will be posted later on c:

Please welcome the newest members of the bear run family!

These two were brought in together from an auction. Both mother and foal were in poor condition upon arriving at bear run, but have since been brought back to a healthy weight and given time to settle down and adjust to a new environment. Not much is known about the conditions the two were kept in before being brought to auction and sold, but they have begun to show a bit of personality since joining us.

Mama is a little protective of her baby and it may require some work for her to be comfortable allowing people to handle the little guy. The foal has gone from lethargic and rather pitiful looking, to quite the little ball of energy. Despite mama's attempts to keep s/he clear of the staff around bear run, s/he does seem to be curious about humans and will approach if s/he can slip away from his/her dam long enough.

Now that they're well on the road to recovery, we'd like to find a forever home for the pair.

In order to adopt these two, I'd like you to give me your take on what happened to them before they came to bear run. For brownie points you're welcome to update us on how they settle in after being adopted as well as part of your form :3

Please feel free to decorate your forms a bit if you'd like. Your writing piece(s) can be as long or as short as you like, but I will accept quality over quantity.

Username: Isabella45
Dam name: Highland Queen // Isolde
Foal name: Lady of Legend // Guinevere
foal gender: Filly
Last edited by dreamwalker on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #5455 & #5456 titles below

Postby naumachy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Res
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muffy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:04 pm

res
muffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Username: Isabella45
Dam name: Highland Queen // Isolde
Foal name: Lady of Legend // Guinevere
foal gender: Filly
Dam halter color: Teal
foal halter color: Pale mint
What happened to them before they joined us here at BR?:
Isolde belonged to a well known ranch that had top ratings for the way they treated their clients and horses. Isolde had known a charmed life, having always been treated like a queen and never knowing any hardship. Her every need was catered too. She always had plenty of food, a clean stall, neat hooves, and a fully belly. Eventually her owner decided to breed her after she became a success in the show ring. She was a little nervous about becoming a mother, but she was relieved that she would be able to raise her foal in the safety she had always known. But sadly, this was not meant to be. The stable owner died of a heart attack. No one had expected it. It was found that he had no relative to inherit and he had apparently been in debt. So all of his lands and his horses were put up to auction. Isolde was barely three months pregnant when she was was put up for auction. Her expert breeding was obvious just by looking at her, but unfortunately her official papers hadn't been found so few breeders were willing to take a gamble on her and buy her in hopes that she had good lines. Instead she was sold to a man who bought cheap horses then sold them expensively to the highest bidder. He had no concern for his animals and Isolde found herself living in a rundown shed that lacked food, bedding, and water. Her new owner treated her harshly and no matter how well behaved she was things didn't get better. For months she was alone in the shed in the center of a field. The shed offered little protection against the wind and rain and Isolde grew skinny and sick. Once her new owner discovered she was pregnant he decided to move her into his barn so that the foal would be born healthy and he could make extra profit. By then Isolde was so used to having nothing even the little hay he offered and the shelter of the musty barn was a miracle. At the time she found it amusing to think back on everything she had once had. during those times being left outside all the time and going one day without grooming would have been the worst thing she could imagine, now she was so grateful for what little she had she dared not wish for anything more. Her health didn't improve too much, but when her time came she was able to deliver her foal safely.
After the birth of her filly she became very protective and almost aggressive toward her owner. He kept her for a couple months while the foal was growing, hoping to keep them until the foal was weaned and could be old separately, but he soon grew tired of her new found confidence and aggression and brought the pair to auction.
It was there that Bear Run found them.
Isolde had little left of her former glory, no sparkle in her eyes, no spring in her step. Her coat was drab and her mane and tail tangled almost beyond repair. She had also acquired some welt like marks and scratches from her owner's rough treatment.
Her foal wasn't much to look at either. Due to having been almost entirely indoors and having a lack of nourishment the filly was listless and skinny. Isolde didn't trust the new humans and didn't let them come close to her or her foal.
Eventually they had to separate them by force for the sake of the foal who needed some emergency care.
Once the pair was reunited a short time later Isolde wouldn't let them even lean on the stall door without a show of aggression. Her filly, however, seemed very curious. She'd had very little contact with humans and they seemed to fascinate her.
Isolde did her best to keep her foal away from the humans, but in the end, it was her curiosity that made Isolde give in and allow them to try to help. Once she grew used to a loving touch once more she seemed to relax a bit, though she was still very protective of her filly.
How have they settled in at their new home?:
About a week after they were brought in Isolde and her foal were brought in a man who used to work at the stable of her first owner showed up. He said he had been trying to trace his boss's old horses and thought they had purchased one. When he saw Isolde he recognized her immediately. He was even able to produce papers on her and information on the foal's sire.
By the time the papers showed up Isolde was settled in and seemed to be learning to trust her new owners. Her curious foal had won over everyone's hearts with her antics and just one thing was left for them to do. Give her a name. Once they saw Isolde's papers they decided to keep her old name and give the foal a name that sounded like the other royalty based in her dam's pedigree. So, she became Guinevere. Guinie for short. Isolde isn't getting used to people as quickly as Guinie is, but with her past no one is surprised and they are even more determined to be patient with her. What trust she had given them she did for the sake of her foal. Isolde's time with her second, abusive owner, had made her realize what she had always taken for granted. Though her time with owner #2 had been anything but pleasant, part of her is glad. She feels that her time there helped to strengthen her in many ways and she feels better prepared for motherhood than she did when she first became pregnant. Thinking back, she is almost embarrassed to admit how naive and foolish she was. She is relived to see that her daughter shows no signs of being at all naive. Already she is more clever than some grown horses. Also a trouble maker! She keeps the humans and Isolde on her hooves.
Now that they have their own stall (Double sized to fit them both) Guinevere likes trying to figure out how to open it.

WIP
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eulee » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Res c:
Eulee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny!! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Mark! :3
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm

resssssyyyy!!!
Username:
Dam name:
Foal name:
foal gender:
Dam halter color:
foal halter color:
How have they settled in at their new home?: (optional):
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Username:
Dam name: Sapphire
Foal name: Clark
foal gender: colt(stallion)
Dam halter color:
foal halter color:
Ideas;
-neglected
-rescues from feedlot

Res
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:55 pm

b]Username:[/b]
Dam name: blue a fuse//blip
Foal name: Tennessee whiskey//tenn
foal gender: colt
Dam halter color: surprise
foal halter color: something funky
What happened to them before they joined us here at BR?: wip
Res - from up north
- abused and neglected
How have they settled in at their new home?: (optional): wip
- tenn is a trouble maker
- blip is slowly warming up to everyone

Dropping out I just moved and have no wifi for awhile and I'm stuck on mobile.
Last edited by ajax. on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Username: MiloThePitBull
Dam name: Damaging Prayers//Ammavaru
Foal name: Brahma's Creations//Brahma
foal gender:stallion/colt
Dam halter color: red with gold buckles
foal halter color: gold with red buckles
Well lets start way back before Brahma was born, it had been a hard winter and Ammavaru was pregnant with her first foal, a colt who she wished to name Brahma. Now, Ammavaru was an older mare at the age of 15 years she had had a hard life and was dreading having her foal, with the risk of being pregnant she lost alot of condition and wasn't fairing too well. After being abanonded many years back, none of the horses had faired well but it was alot better than what they had faced when that demon of a man had owned them. Ammavaru was covered in battle scars but now the memories had faded just as her coat had jaded from years of weather and sun beating down on her.
One day after a heavy snow and the wind had seemed to destroy everything in it's path a truck arrived, it didn't get that far up the driveway because of a tree that had been blocking the way. The old mare trotted slowly up to the fence and was greeted with carrots and a soft pat on her old neck, soon after, a halter was placed on her head and she led calmly out onto the truck. Several other horses were loaded with her and the rest onto the trail of trucks and trailers behind them.
After hours and hours of being in the float, Ammavaru and the other horses were unloaded at a new place which smelt of cattle and horses. She led easily into a pen and waited patiently as the other horses joined her in the yards around the small one she was in, Ammavaru didn't know how long she stood in the baking heat of the sun but it was long enough for her to long for cool, cool water to rush down her throat. The mare had her head hanging down when a man walked over and clipped a lead rope to her halter "Time to find you a home, old girl." his voice was rough and thick but calming to the old mare as she trustingly followed him.
As the mare followed the human around slowly, many people waved cards with black mumble jumble on them and the man who sat in a wooden box spoke quickly and hit the desk with his hammer. The mare's ears went forwards as she was led out of the yard and stood in her pen, without water, near the other horses and on the brink of giving birth to Brahma. As the mare dropped down onto her side she let out a whinny, causing commotion around her as horses paced and whinnied and called out. Soon enough, two human walked out to check out what had gotten into the horses only to find the weak mare standing, covered in sweat with her new born colt, Brahma.
Lucky for Ammavaru, she had been bought by a wonderful rescue name Bear Run. They named her Ammavaru and her colt, Brahma after the Hindu god of creation and his mother, Ammavaru, the goddess who existed before the beginning.
For the first few days, Ammavaru was nervous and protective over Brahma as she felt that she needed to protect the colt, even though she knew that she was in a safe place. But little Brahma was very rebellious against his mothers will and wished to play with the humans, he galloped and he reared and invited the strange humans to play but his mother wasn't too keen on the idea and nipped at him when he got too excited.
It took a while for Ammavaru to warm up to the workers that tried to help her and was very weary of them as she tended to watch them from a distance before going in to eat. She wished to be brushed but at the same time, she didn't want the humans going near her little foal as she didn't want his to get hurt. After a while she started to warm up and allowed them to touch and bush her colt, as well as herself. This made her happy and comfortable around everyone as she enjoyed the feeling of the body brush pushing the dirt and the mud out of her coat.
Ammavaru and Brahma are very happy now and enjoy going for walks around the property with their favourite humans (the ones that give Ammavaru treats) and is enjoying life in the paddock. Brahma is getting bigger and therefore more adventurous, he enjoys galloping and playing with his mother and even the humans when they are in his paddock.
Pretty soon, Brahma will begin training with ground manners and leading with the halter and hopefully with the help of his mother he would be easier to train. Ammavaru is starting to go under saddle again and from what we have seen, she would make a great first horse for a little kid to fall in love with as even though her baby is still around her, she is being very co-operative with everyone and we think that she may even enjoy taking a little bit of time away from Brahma as his energy could put anyone too sleep after a few minutes of playing games.
Last edited by buckskin. on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thunderbolt Tolter Stable-Gypsy stable
    one day i woke up and smiled for the memories we had, instead of crying for the memories that we cant make
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me