LOC Revamp - #7 - Open by starry--knight

Based on Click to view
Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

LOC Revamp - #7 - Open

Postby starry--knight » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 am

This female, wielding the element of Life and Light is up for adoption!

Her original name was Kiani, you may choose to keep or change the name once claimed/ adopted.
original design can be found here;; viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1932408&hilit=kiani

NOTE:: Kiani already has cubs and a mate (Ronin who was killed in battle). You may re-mate her to another male, however she is UNABLE to breed again.

Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Element;; Life & Light
Rank;; Base Healer
Personality;;
Story;; (How has she coped since her mate died?)
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Revamp - #7 - Open for Claim Slots

Postby Red weasel » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:41 am

Username;;Red weasel
Thanks to;;
Poison Wolf
Starlight109
NARANDA
Willow
Whisky
For letting
me use
their lions

Owned;; 1, Nyx
Name;;Kiani
Gender;;female
Element;; Life & Light
Rank;; Base Healer
Theme song;;
Gone - By JR JR
Of the Night - Bastille

Art by yoyo8888

Personality;;

Kind-hearted ~ Kiani is a very kind soul, and takes great concern in those around her. Often she will put the needs of her pride before her own, even if they are similar needs. She is very much the motherly type, which helps with her job of healing the wounded. She is know to be very comforting to those in her care, being a but of a sweet talker. Before Ronins death, the pair adopted a young Jacques, a symbol of The kindness they both had. Kiani feels a great need to take care of her pride, which fuels the passion of her rank as a healer. She gravitates toward those who have lost loved ones, feeling that her own loss can help others cope. Sometimes, there are no strangers in kindness.

Independent ~ Kiani is strong willed, and carries the spirit and spunk of a warrior. Kiani is independent, and to a point stubborn, to the point of denying help when she should really take it. She never relied on Ronin to make a decision, so in that regard she was no worse off with his loss. Kiani rarely confers with others on her plans, unless it's something she really needs. When she does confer, it is usually with someone of authority, such as Avril, or Ethereal, or she will confer with her children. She is self supportive, self reliant, and she uses the strength she generated from her independence is what she uses to help those around her.

Positive ~ To those who know her, Kiani may just be the bright light of the pride. She does her best to keep everyone in as high of spirits as she can, even in the darkest of times. The way she see it, you have to hold your head up high, and fight your way through you hardships. When you get stuck, she'll be right there for you. Kiani uses her powers as a way to try and cheer up others around her, be it bring literal light to a situation, or bouncing a ball of light around to cheer up sad cub, to healing nature. She will do what ever it takes to help others fight in dread and sadness in their heads, and keep her pride going.

Sophisticated ~ Kiani is a lioness of culture, so to speak. Kiani does't carry any sort of false supiorty, but she does hold a higher than average sense of behavior. To some she may sometimes come off as a bit prudish, and she cam come off, at times, as a bit picky. Kiani walks with grace, and keep her head held high, and brings an air of power with her. She never talks in slang, and very rarely shortens words. Much of this sophistication comes from her sense of duty toward her pride. Even so, she has an at least decent sense of humor, and loves fun as much as the next lion.

Headstrong ~ When Kiani sets her mind to something, it's hard to convince her otherwise. Coupled with her independence, this can sometimes make her difficult to work with. She does tend to get it in her head that she is right, and will defend that position strongly. Kiani can be argumentative, and downright difficult. Kind as she is, it can be very easy to get on he bad side. She isn't trusting, give her a strong reason to dislike you or mistrust you, and she will act on it. She will follow out her suspicious on someone, even if she has to do it in secret because other disagree. Enemies of the pride should fear her bad side.

Story;;

Of course Kiani had known that there was a risk, a risk of losing Ronin. She had always known that he could die for his pride, and with a war raging on, the risks had been high. Even so, among all the chaos and devastation, it still shocked her. She was busy, very busy healing those that had been bought to her, she hadn't even had a chance to check the battle field, and the news of his death was a hard blow for her to handle. The news was circulating of not only Ronin's death, but Aeon's as well. To the surprise of many, she showed no signs of sadness at the news, instead, Kiani continued to work hard to heal those around her. No matter how upset she was, she new that the pride needed her now, in this most desolate time, she could grieve later. She believed not only that this is what Ronin would have wanted her to do, it was what Ronin would have done himself, had roles been reversed. She worked greatly throughout the night, and it wasn't until she was alone that she cried.

It wasn't until later the next day that Kiani was even seen. She had, in truth felt like keeping to herself. What made her change her mind was the sight of of one of her son Kirito. On the spot she knew she wanted to talk to him, and raised from where she lad been laying. Kiani tried to appear strong as she approached her son, feeling now some sort of weight. He had never been the most expressive outwardly, and she now wish that her and Ronin had pushed more for his attention. She called ahead of herself, "Kirito, Kirito!" He stopped and looked at her, and she skidded to a stop behind him. Before he could speak, she knew exactly what she needed to tell him.

"He-he was proud of you, I am too. He was so proud of you, Kirito," she said, in a rushed, but somber voice. She didn't know how he would respond, and in fear of any response, she began to ramble out, "I'm hear for you dear, I want you, I need you to know that. I-". Kiani had cut herself off, knowing that she could be interrupting something important, something he had to do. This left him the opening to speak, and with a quiet but powerful voice he did, simply saying, "Thank you." Kiani looked into his eyes, and felt tears trickle down her face.

Kiani sat down in the patch of grass they stood in, overcome with a sudden great sadness over the loss of Ronin. She could not bring herself to speak, and maybe Kirito was aware of this, or maybe he just didn't know how to respond, for he sat closely to her, but said nothing. For a moment, she thought she might have seen a tear slip for his eyes, but she wasn't sure, and never would be. Once she was able to compose herself, she rose, and nodded to Kirito. "If you could, " she spoke in a slightly shaky voice, gather your siblings later if you seem them, I'd like to, well, send him off you know?" Kirito nodded somberly, "Of course," and the two went their separate ways.

Kiani was hit with some form of determination, and suddenly decided she needed to work, and with such, went off to find Avril to see what the pride needed today. Making her way to Avril, her tail pointed high in the air, she tried to push out the thought of Ronin all together, not wanted to have any more break downs while she was working.
"Avril," She called out as she approached the lioness, "What do you need me to do today?"
"Oh good more he-", but the lioness cut herself off, as she slowly turned to see Kiani's face. Avril shook her head, and sat down, rings of light pulsating steadily from her horns. After a moment of looking into Kiani's eyes, as if judging how to bare bad news, she spoke.
"What you can do for the pride is rest," her voice was calm and unwavering, like water on an untouched lake. Sensing debate, she added, "You have suffered a great loss, take this time for yourself." Kiani was in debate with herself on what to do, it was not in her nature to debate Avril, but she really felt there was a great need for her now. Avril knew the lioness better than Kiani had expect, for again she spoke, "You are not working today, nor will you tomorrow. You need to do what is best for you." Kiani pondered this for a moment, and she found that she had no grounds to make any debate. With a final nod, Kiani turned to leave, bet was met, one final time, with a rushed tone in her voice that one has when they have forgotten something, "I am truly sorry for your loss." Kiani turned her head back, and nodded. "Thank you, thank you so much" she said softly, and then went on her way, pondering how much Avril cared.

~~

Kiani padded aimlessly across the pride territory, just thinking, running her mind over everything that happened, running over her memories of Ronin. She became lost in thought until a lioness came bounding toward her. "Have you heard who the new leader is" she bellowed in a loud harsh tone, as if she was unaware that Kiani had lost anyone one, or who she was altogether. Kiani gave a annoyed "No", but then realized, Aeon was dead too, a friend of her's dead, another family in turmoil. The lioness meanwhile,blabbered on about rumors of who it could, for she didn't know herself, but Kiani had no interest to listen to anything the gossiper had to say. She consented that she would have one of her children confirm with her about the happenings, and ran off, in the guise of having seen a friend.

It was much later in the evening, when the time came for her family to meet. She never specified a location, but she knew they would cross paths in time. On her way to the destined meeting, she spotted Jacques, her adopted son. Seeing him filled her with some sort of comfort, she felt, hopefully, that he was coming to join the rest of the family. Without thinking, she walked up next to him, so that she was walking stride for stride at his pace. She was overcome with panic as the lion looked at her, she wasn't sure what to say to him. This was calmed some though, we she noticed the look of sadness in his eyes. The words that came to mid practically fell out her mouth, "I miss him already." Jaques nodded,with a quiet reply, "I do too." They walked in silence for a while, and Kiani thought she her him mutter something about "doing this because she wanted him to", but his voice was covered by to lions belting "MOM".

Rona and Saturn ran to their mother, each one taking turns giving her a comforting embrace. Kinani smiled sadly at each child, as Jaques moved on ahead to the sit with the other two lions, Kirito and Kouhei. Saturn and Rona walked Kiani over to the others, staying close by her, as if they had to protect her. Her eyes met Kouhei, and she simply nodded to him as a greeting. The group of lions sat two together in a circle; Rona and Saturn, Kirito and Kouhei, and Kiani and Jacques. Kiani glanced around at her family, and in her mourning found some joy in the family sitting around her. It was a bittersweet and each lion was visibly upset. Kiani thought it would be best to start by telling a story, bur became overwhelmed with grief. Very quickly Kouhei started, telling of the adventures he had with his brother growing. He spoke on their closeness, and told a few stories of the fun the had.

The rest of the night went something like this, and it continued for a very long time. Kiani was able to gains some composure, and most of the night was filled with stories Kouhei and Kiani told. Saturn spoke of the awe he had as a child with his fathers abilities, while Rona of the impact her father had on her adulthood. Jaques spoke highly of Ronin, and his care to treat him just like the rest of his family. Kirito talked the least that night, but spent much of his speaking time helping his mother finish what she was trying to say when Kiani lost herself to grief. Kiani took particular comfort in that each child had something to say, and each one would check on how she was doing. The night ended on her words, "Ronin was greatly loved, and loved greatly, and he will always live on in the hearts of those who knew him best". With the night drawing to a close, Kiani's children walked her to her den, each bidding her goodnight before going there own way.

Kiani spent the week mostly by herself,resting and remembering. Recovery for her took some time, but she knew the pride needed her, as it needed everyone else. She is still, to this day, saddened by the loss of Ronin. For Kiani coping hasn't been to hard, she continues to do what she did that day with her family. Her main method is keep his memory alive, sharing stories to those who want to listen. Cubs in particular, she's found, love to hear stories of the deceased head warrior, and his great adventures. She loves her family, and she keeps them as close to her as she can now, for Ronin and for herself.One of the important things that she believes she can do for her and her family is to contine bringing the light.

Relationships:

Kirito
Kiani hasn't been as close to her son as she would like, but her love for him is a strong as the love of all her other children. In an attempt not to push expectations on her children, she leg go of the reigns when they got older, and in doing so, let Kiriro slip a little too far from he daily life. This added to the shocking blow to the death of Ronin: the son who, in her eyes, who in some respect reminded her the most of Ronin, was the son she wasn't sure how to talk to. In present day, Kiani has been more forceful with gaining his attention. As a mother, she may play to his ego a little to much, being proud of all he has accomplished. She always makes her love know.

Saturn
As the once troublesome cub attached to Rona's flank, Kiani is just glad that Saturn grew into role in life. While she was alway fond of the protective relationship between Rona and Saturn, she was more glad that Rona was there to pacify him when possible. He is a great solider, for which she knows Ronin would be proud. Kiani hopes that he too will find himself a mate one day, and finds himself the happiness that both she and Ronin found in each other. As with his sister, she wishes that Saturn would be close to his brothers.

Rona
The lioness named after her father, and the child Kinai feels is the most like her. Kiani feels a special connection to Rona, as Rona is the only child of hers to carry on her powers. Rona carries the positive light the Kiani had always prided herself in bringing to others. Admittedly, she had hope Rona would follow in her footsteps, but she is very proud of Rona for her warrior rank. Her only wish for her child, besides the happiness she hopes for all her children, is that she will one day become more comfortable with her brother Kirito's powers, and that she will becomes closer to her brothers. She is very glad that Rona has established her own family.

Jacques
Just like her biological children, Kiani shows great pride and love for him. To her, his growth as a warrior mirrors that of Ronin himself, as both had to grow into that role. Similar to Kirito, she is not as close to him as she would like to be, and with the death of Ronin, she's is making a larger push to get closer to her so. She has a great fear that Jacques will think that she loves him less than her biological children. This though, has been lessened in recent years, as he has been reaching out to her too. His quiet nature sometimes makes it hard for her to communicate with him. She is very fond of his family, and is very happy that she has grandkids. Kiani is truly grateful that she got the opportunity to raise Jacques, and call him her child.

Kouhei
Kiani is fairly close to Kouhei, as Ronin was very close to him. In away, he almost feels like a brother to her, having known much about him from the stories she heard of the dynamic duo. With the loss of Ronin, Kiani has made the push to to remind Kouhei that she and her children are, and will always be part of his family.She knows that if she ever needs a talk, he is someone she can go to, and he is someone she talked to very much after Ronins death. She admittedly hopes he will one day find a mate, as she'd love to see an extension to her beloved family.

Hael
Kiani couldn't have been more excited to have grandkids, and Jaques kids were no exception. She loves them all to death, and of course spoils them quite a bit. Kiani wasn't a big fan of his attitude when he was younger, but she still loved him just the same. Her motherly instinct causes her to try and teach him as much as she possibly can. She may be caught lightly scolding him if she catches him in the act of being a little to sassy. She was very glad when he grew out of that phase.

Avril
Kiani holds a great respect for Avril, not just because Avril is her superior, but because Avril is a kind and respectable lioness. Avril is the kind to help other before herself, and because of her thoughtfulness, Kiani often finds herself trying, and sometimes succeeding to, to convince Avril to let her help her out. While Avril isn't the sociable time, Kiani finds that she gravitates towards her, often talking to, or at,the lioness about anything, especially that which she needs to get off her chest. Because of the workload Avril gives herself, Kiani is very hesitant to to ask for any help, in generally only will do so as a last resort.

Nyx
Nyx and Kiani aren't exactly close, in fact, they really only know each other because of Kiani's personal mission. Due to the fact that Kiani wants to help all those grieving in the pride, she began to take up the mantle of pestering the lioness to makes sure she is okay. She cares about Nyx, but her and Nyx aren't exactly, nor do they really have in special defined relationships. Kiani checks up on Nyx, and Nyx talks to her when needed. Secretly, Nyx wishes they could be friends, but the air about Kiani tends to make her nervous.

Q&A with Kiani

Do you still miss Ronin?

Do I still miss him? My dear, I don't know many who could ever shake the feeling of loss from something like this. Losing him was like losing a piece of myself. I will always miss him.

What is your favorite thing about your elements?

I like this question a lot more. Life is the element that has given me a purpose. My rank in the pride is dependent on it, and I love being able to heal others. Light just compliments it very well. I know most would think I like its beauty, or happiness, but I find that it usefulness is best. I can use a ball of light to light my way as I heal, things like that make me love it.

Will you ever find a new mate?

The simple answer my dear is no. To be honest, I couldn't if I wanted to. I hope that you will never have to question if you could find a new mate yourself, but for me, he will always be the only one.

How do you feel about the rebels?

I'm honestly stunned that the answer isn't obvious, but maybe I come off as a bit too nice to you. There is nothing to like about the rebels, not to me. I hate what they did to my family, and I hate what they want to do to the pride. Honestly, I do think I hate them. They pain they've caused my family, but they'll get what they deserve one day, now won't they.

Would you ever trust a rebel?

Well that really depends. If you mean, should one waltz into the pride and say they've changed. No. I'd be keeping my eyes on them for sure. could I trust a rebel? Its possible under some unknown circumstance. Of course it is.

How do you feel about Ethereal?

He's a good leader, honest too. He's not perfect, but no one is. Anyone who tries to say Aeon was perfect is quite foolish, he was great, but not perfect. I was there when Ethereal came of age. He cares about us, and that matters more than anything else.
Last edited by Red weasel on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 54 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Revamp - #7 - Open

Postby starry--knight » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:03 pm

bump!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:38 am

Username;; Vraska the Unseen
Name;; Kiani
Gender;; Female
Element;; Life & Light
Rank;; Base Healer
Personality;; -snipping for later-
Story;; -snipping for later-
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:21 pm

POOR RONIN
reserved
    koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

RIP: [UNCLE B] 1/6/2016 || [ROCKY] 8/14/2020 || [GPA] 2/27/2021
    RIP: [THICK44] 2/13/2023 || BIGGERTON OUNCERTON] 10/19/2023 || [AKIRA TORIYAMA] 3/1/2024

THANK U & GOODBYE: [MAGGIE] 3/4/2021
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:50 am

bump!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Revamp - #7 - Open for Claim Slots

Postby starry--knight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Congrats Red! Kiani is yours <3
take good care of her!
and I really want to say how much I enjoyed your story portion of your form. It was so fitting into the lore of loc but also her own tale of losing her mate ronin! <3

Red weasel wrote:Username;;Red weasel
Thanks to;;
Poison Wolf
Starlight109
NARANDA
Willow
Whisky
For letting
me use
their lions

Owned;; 1, Nyx
Name;;Kiani
Gender;;female
Element;; Life & Light
Rank;; Base Healer
Theme song;;
Gone - By JR JR
Of the Night - Bastille

Art by yoyo8888

Personality;;

Kind-hearted ~ Kiani is a very kind soul, and takes great concern in those around her. Often she will put the needs of her pride before her own, even if they are similar needs. She is very much the motherly type, which helps with her job of healing the wounded. She is know to be very comforting to those in her care, being a but of a sweet talker. Before Ronins death, the pair adopted a young Jacques, a symbol of The kindness they both had. Kiani feels a great need to take care of her pride, which fuels the passion of her rank as a healer. She gravitates toward those who have lost loved ones, feeling that her own loss can help others cope. Sometimes, there are no strangers in kindness.

Independent ~ Kiani is strong willed, and carries the spirit and spunk of a warrior. Kiani is independent, and to a point stubborn, to the point of denying help when she should really take it. She never relied on Ronin to make a decision, so in that regard she was no worse off with his loss. Kiani rarely confers with others on her plans, unless it's something she really needs. When she does confer, it is usually with someone of authority, such as Avril, or Ethereal, or she will confer with her children. She is self supportive, self reliant, and she uses the strength she generated from her independence is what she uses to help those around her.

Positive ~ To those who know her, Kiani may just be the bright light of the pride. She does her best to keep everyone in as high of spirits as she can, even in the darkest of times. The way she see it, you have to hold your head up high, and fight your way through you hardships. When you get stuck, she'll be right there for you. Kiani uses her powers as a way to try and cheer up others around her, be it bring literal light to a situation, or bouncing a ball of light around to cheer up sad cub, to healing nature. She will do what ever it takes to help others fight in dread and sadness in their heads, and keep her pride going.

Sophisticated ~ Kiani is a lioness of culture, so to speak. Kiani does't carry any sort of false supiorty, but she does hold a higher than average sense of behavior. To some she may sometimes come off as a bit prudish, and she cam come off, at times, as a bit picky. Kiani walks with grace, and keep her head held high, and brings an air of power with her. She never talks in slang, and very rarely shortens words. Much of this sophistication comes from her sense of duty toward her pride. Even so, she has an at least decent sense of humor, and loves fun as much as the next lion.

Headstrong ~ When Kiani sets her mind to something, it's hard to convince her otherwise. Coupled with her independence, this can sometimes make her difficult to work with. She does tend to get it in her head that she is right, and will defend that position strongly. Kiani can be argumentative, and downright difficult. Kind as she is, it can be very easy to get on he bad side. She isn't trusting, give her a strong reason to dislike you or mistrust you, and she will act on it. She will follow out her suspicious on someone, even if she has to do it in secret because other disagree. Enemies of the pride should fear her bad side.

Story;;

Of course Kiani had known that there was a risk, a risk of losing Ronin. She had always known that he could die for his pride, and with a war raging on, the risks had been high. Even so, among all the chaos and devastation, it still shocked her. She was busy, very busy healing those that had been bought to her, she hadn't even had a chance to check the battle field, and the news of his death was a hard blow for her to handle. The news was circulating of not only Ronin's death, but Aeon's as well. To the surprise of many, she showed no signs of sadness at the news, instead, Kiani continued to work hard to heal those around her. No matter how upset she was, she new that the pride needed her now, in this most desolate time, she could grieve later. She believed not only that this is what Ronin would have wanted her to do, it was what Ronin would have done himself, had roles been reversed. She worked greatly throughout the night, and it wasn't until she was alone that she cried.

It wasn't until later the next day that Kiani was even seen. She had, in truth felt like keeping to herself. What made her change her mind was the sight of of one of her son Kirito. On the spot she knew she wanted to talk to him, and raised from where she lad been laying. Kiani tried to appear strong as she approached her son, feeling now some sort of weight. He had never been the most expressive outwardly, and she now wish that her and Ronin had pushed more for his attention. She called ahead of herself, "Kirito, Kirito!" He stopped and looked at her, and she skidded to a stop behind him. Before he could speak, she knew exactly what she needed to tell him.

"He-he was proud of you, I am too. He was so proud of you, Kirito," she said, in a rushed, but somber voice. She didn't know how he would respond, and in fear of any response, she began to ramble out, "I'm hear for you dear, I want you, I need you to know that. I-". Kiani had cut herself off, knowing that she could be interrupting something important, something he had to do. This left him the opening to speak, and with a quiet but powerful voice he did, simply saying, "Thank you." Kiani looked into his eyes, and felt tears trickle down her face.

Kiani sat down in the patch of grass they stood in, overcome with a sudden great sadness over the loss of Ronin. She could not bring herself to speak, and maybe Kirito was aware of this, or maybe he just didn't know how to respond, for he sat closely to her, but said nothing. For a moment, she thought she might have seen a tear slip for his eyes, but she wasn't sure, and never would be. Once she was able to compose herself, she rose, and nodded to Kirito. "If you could, " she spoke in a slightly shaky voice, gather your siblings later if you seem them, I'd like to, well, send him off you know?" Kirito nodded somberly, "Of course," and the two went their separate ways.

Kiani was hit with some form of determination, and suddenly decided she needed to work, and with such, went off to find Avril to see what the pride needed today. Making her way to Avril, her tail pointed high in the air, she tried to push out the thought of Ronin all together, not wanted to have any more break downs while she was working.
"Avril," She called out as she approached the lioness, "What do you need me to do today?"
"Oh good more he-", but the lioness cut herself off, as she slowly turned to see Kiani's face. Avril shook her head, and sat down, rings of light pulsating steadily from her horns. After a moment of looking into Kiani's eyes, as if judging how to bare bad news, she spoke.
"What you can do for the pride is rest," her voice was calm and unwavering, like water on an untouched lake. Sensing debate, she added, "You have suffered a great loss, take this time for yourself." Kiani was in debate with herself on what to do, it was not in her nature to debate Avril, but she really felt there was a great need for her now. Avril knew the lioness better than Kiani had expect, for again she spoke, "You are not working today, nor will you tomorrow. You need to do what is best for you." Kiani pondered this for a moment, and she found that she had no grounds to make any debate. With a final nod, Kiani turned to leave, bet was met, one final time, with a rushed tone in her voice that one has when they have forgotten something, "I am truly sorry for your loss." Kiani turned her head back, and nodded. "Thank you, thank you so much" she said softly, and then went on her way, pondering how much Avril cared.

~~

Kiani padded aimlessly across the pride territory, just thinking, running her mind over everything that happened, running over her memories of Ronin. She became lost in thought until a lioness came bounding toward her. "Have you heard who the new leader is" she bellowed in a loud harsh tone, as if she was unaware that Kiani had lost anyone one, or who she was altogether. Kiani gave a annoyed "No", but then realized, Aeon was dead too, a friend of her's dead, another family in turmoil. The lioness meanwhile,blabbered on about rumors of who it could, for she didn't know herself, but Kiani had no interest to listen to anything the gossiper had to say. She consented that she would have one of her children confirm with her about the happenings, and ran off, in the guise of having seen a friend.

It was much later in the evening, when the time came for her family to meet. She never specified a location, but she knew they would cross paths in time. On her way to the destined meeting, she spotted Jacques, her adopted son. Seeing him filled her with some sort of comfort, she felt, hopefully, that he was coming to join the rest of the family. Without thinking, she walked up next to him, so that she was walking stride for stride at his pace. She was overcome with panic as the lion looked at her, she wasn't sure what to say to him. This was calmed some though, we she noticed the look of sadness in his eyes. The words that came to mid practically fell out her mouth, "I miss him already." Jaques nodded,with a quiet reply, "I do too." They walked in silence for a while, and Kiani thought she her him mutter something about "doing this because she wanted him to", but his voice was covered by to lions belting "MOM".

Rona and Saturn ran to their mother, each one taking turns giving her a comforting embrace. Kinani smiled sadly at each child, as Jaques moved on ahead to the sit with the other two lions, Kirito and Kouhei. Saturn and Rona walked Kiani over to the others, staying close by her, as if they had to protect her. Her eyes met Kouhei, and she simply nodded to him as a greeting. The group of lions sat two together in a circle; Rona and Saturn, Kirito and Kouhei, and Kiani and Jacques. Kiani glanced around at her family, and in her mourning found some joy in the family sitting around her. It was a bittersweet and each lion was visibly upset. Kiani thought it would be best to start by telling a story, bur became overwhelmed with grief. Very quickly Kouhei started, telling of the adventures he had with his brother growing. He spoke on their closeness, and told a few stories of the fun the had.

The rest of the night went something like this, and it continued for a very long time. Kiani was able to gains some composure, and most of the night was filled with stories Kouhei and Kiani told. Saturn spoke of the awe he had as a child with his fathers abilities, while Rona of the impact her father had on her adulthood. Jaques spoke highly of Ronin, and his care to treat him just like the rest of his family. Kirito talked the least that night, but spent much of his speaking time helping his mother finish what she was trying to say when Kiani lost herself to grief. Kiani took particular comfort in that each child had something to say, and each one would check on how she was doing. The night ended on her words, "Ronin was greatly loved, and loved greatly, and he will always live on in the hearts of those who knew him best". With the night drawing to a close, Kiani's children walked her to her den, each bidding her goodnight before going there own way.

Kiani spent the week mostly by herself,resting and remembering. Recovery for her took some time, but she knew the pride needed her, as it needed everyone else. She is still, to this day, saddened by the loss of Ronin. For Kiani coping hasn't been to hard, she continues to do what she did that day with her family. Her main method is keep his memory alive, sharing stories to those who want to listen. Cubs in particular, she's found, love to hear stories of the deceased head warrior, and his great adventures. She loves her family, and she keeps them as close to her as she can now, for Ronin and for herself.One of the important things that she believes she can do for her and her family is to contine bringing the light.

Relationships:

Kirito
Kiani hasn't been as close to her son as she would like, but her love for him is a strong as the love of all her other children. In an attempt not to push expectations on her children, she leg go of the reigns when they got older, and in doing so, let Kiriro slip a little too far from he daily life. This added to the shocking blow to the death of Ronin: the son who, in her eyes, who in some respect reminded her the most of Ronin, was the son she wasn't sure how to talk to. In present day, Kiani has been more forceful with gaining his attention. As a mother, she may play to his ego a little to much, being proud of all he has accomplished. She always makes her love know.

Saturn
As the once troublesome cub attached to Rona's flank, Kiani is just glad that Saturn grew into role in life. While she was alway fond of the protective relationship between Rona and Saturn, she was more glad that Rona was there to pacify him when possible. He is a great solider, for which she knows Ronin would be proud. Kiani hopes that he too will find himself a mate one day, and finds himself the happiness that both she and Ronin found in each other. As with his sister, she wishes that Saturn would be close to his brothers.

Rona
The lioness named after her father, and the child Kinai feels is the most like her. Kiani feels a special connection to Rona, as Rona is the only child of hers to carry on her powers. Rona carries the positive light the Kiani had always prided herself in bringing to others. Admittedly, she had hope Rona would follow in her footsteps, but she is very proud of Rona for her warrior rank. Her only wish for her child, besides the happiness she hopes for all her children, is that she will one day become more comfortable with her brother Kirito's powers, and that she will becomes closer to her brothers. She is very glad that Rona has established her own family.

Jacques
Just like her biological children, Kiani shows great pride and love for him. To her, his growth as a warrior mirrors that of Ronin himself, as both had to grow into that role. Similar to Kirito, she is not as close to him as she would like to be, and with the death of Ronin, she's is making a larger push to get closer to her so. She has a great fear that Jacques will think that she loves him less than her biological children. This though, has been lessened in recent years, as he has been reaching out to her too. His quiet nature sometimes makes it hard for her to communicate with him. She is very fond of his family, and is very happy that she has grandkids. Kiani is truly grateful that she got the opportunity to raise Jacques, and call him her child.

Kouhei
Kiani is fairly close to Kouhei, as Ronin was very close to him. In away, he almost feels like a brother to her, having known much about him from the stories she heard of the dynamic duo. With the loss of Ronin, Kiani has made the push to to remind Kouhei that she and her children are, and will always be part of his family.She knows that if she ever needs a talk, he is someone she can go to, and he is someone she talked to very much after Ronins death. She admittedly hopes he will one day find a mate, as she'd love to see an extension to her beloved family.

Hael
Kiani couldn't have been more excited to have grandkids, and Jaques kids were no exception. She loves them all to death, and of course spoils them quite a bit. Kiani wasn't a big fan of his attitude when he was younger, but she still loved him just the same. Her motherly instinct causes her to try and teach him as much as she possibly can. She may be caught lightly scolding him if she catches him in the act of being a little to sassy. She was very glad when he grew out of that phase.

Avril
Kiani holds a great respect for Avril, not just because Avril is her superior, but because Avril is a kind and respectable lioness. Avril is the kind to help other before herself, and because of her thoughtfulness, Kiani often finds herself trying, and sometimes succeeding to, to convince Avril to let her help her out. While Avril isn't the sociable time, Kiani finds that she gravitates towards her, often talking to, or at,the lioness about anything, especially that which she needs to get off her chest. Because of the workload Avril gives herself, Kiani is very hesitant to to ask for any help, in generally only will do so as a last resort.

Nyx
Nyx and Kiani aren't exactly close, in fact, they really only know each other because of Kiani's personal mission. Due to the fact that Kiani wants to help all those grieving in the pride, she began to take up the mantle of pestering the lioness to makes sure she is okay. She cares about Nyx, but her and Nyx aren't exactly, nor do they really have in special defined relationships. Kiani checks up on Nyx, and Nyx talks to her when needed. Secretly, Nyx wishes they could be friends, but the air about Kiani tends to make her nervous.

Q&A with Kiani

Do you still miss Ronin?

Do I still miss him? My dear, I don't know many who could ever shake the feeling of loss from something like this. Losing him was like losing a piece of myself. I will always miss him.

What is your favorite thing about your elements?

I like this question a lot more. Life is the element that has given me a purpose. My rank in the pride is dependent on it, and I love being able to heal others. Light just compliments it very well. I know most would think I like its beauty, or happiness, but I find that it usefulness is best. I can use a ball of light to light my way as I heal, things like that make me love it.

Will you ever find a new mate?

The simple answer my dear is no. To be honest, I couldn't if I wanted to. I hope that you will never have to question if you could find a new mate yourself, but for me, he will always be the only one.

How do you feel about the rebels?

I'm honestly stunned that the answer isn't obvious, but maybe I come off as a bit too nice to you. There is nothing to like about the rebels, not to me. I hate what they did to my family, and I hate what they want to do to the pride. Honestly, I do think I hate them. They pain they've caused my family, but they'll get what they deserve one day, now won't they.

Would you ever trust a rebel?

Well that really depends. If you mean, should one waltz into the pride and say they've changed. No. I'd be keeping my eyes on them for sure. could I trust a rebel? Its possible under some unknown circumstance. Of course it is.

How do you feel about Ethereal?

He's a good leader, honest too. He's not perfect, but no one is. Anyone who tries to say Aeon was perfect is quite foolish, he was great, but not perfect. I was there when Ethereal came of age. He cares about us, and that matters more than anything else.

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Thank you so much!! I'm super excited to have Kiani in my pride! her story was fun to write, and she will be shown lots of love :3
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me