Based on Click to view
Artist woolly [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#4827 Light Gray (black base)

Postby woolly » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:03 pm

ufa floof foal!
    This is a raffle but to enter you've got to write a small bit about where they're from or what happened to them to make them an orphan foal. Has to be at least 250 words.
    Feel free to pretty up your form and add any extras and whatever else but I'm not judging on the form, as long as you have completed the form with the bit of history your username will be entered in a raffle for this foal
    Ends five days from now

Owner: Sandy Hoofprints
    Show Name: Couch Potato
    Barn Name: Spud
    Eye Color: Mixed Easter Pastels
    Genotype: EE/aa/ff/crprl/GG
    Breeding Notes: carries flaxen and pearl gene, floof passes same way as chim is rolled
    Age When: Bump to age after April 11

Last edited by woolly on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #4827 Light Gray (black base)

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 pm

Owner: tomijojo
Show Name: that one extra step
Barn Name: two bits
Halter Color: something to match her blanket :)
History:

The reason why she is an orphan foal is because her mother died at birth. She has been bottled fed ever sense and is growing very well for an orphan. She started out pretty bad for she wouldn't eat or drink for the first couple of days. The reason was cause she didn't trust anyone and she was confused of where her mother was. She eventually started to trust and feed. Her first actual friend was an old milk cow who she actually started to feed on for a while until she was transferred to a bottle for the fact the cow was so old. They are still friends but she knows that the old cow might not make it for much longer, so thats why she started trusting others and such. she actully got fond of the farmers son who came to feed her every day. they started to become friends when he had to leave for collage so she decided that it was time to find a new family to love her and meet new friends. She is super happy to see who her new family is and what cool things she will find. She got off the bottle a month ago and now it's her time to finally find a forever home where she will be loved and maybe even find a new mother to teach her things about life. And that's when I come into her life and hopefully she and I will become the bestest of friends :) ( 252 words )
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Chomp » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Res

Hey Captain Chomp here, wanna talk, just PM me I really like making new friends on here.
-
Sweetheart
My Bae
More To come <3

Click him please <3
Captain Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Wolfy- » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Owner: -Wolfy-
Show Name: FreeWind
Barn Name: FreedomBarn
Halter Color: Dark Green
History: Wind was born normally and lived a few days with his mother before she died of a illness, he was taken into the care of humans. At first he was scared but after a while he grew a bond and now lives with them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I love to rp so pm me if you want to.
I can come up with topics fast if you don't have one, and I am up for almost anything, I am better at playing female but I can do male also, so yeah.

They laughed saying that I will not get through the storm but I turn around saying I am the Storm! I have been saved and I will fight against all bad, for I am the Storm! I shall fear no evil God is with me, He is my Rock my Mountain, I will survive even if I die.

Credit - ~SS~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-Wolfy-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zomsith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Owner: helix
    Show Name: anghenfil eira
    Barn Name: vaughn
    Halter Color: muted raINBOW with white flecks imitating snow & golden clasps
    History:

broken promises
        sad farewells
        where was my family when I needed them

xxxVaughn had a tough start to life. His dam, once a great show jumper, passed moments after birth. Heart failure they said, too much blood lost too. The awkward gangly colt was raised by suckling an old goat. He was unlike the others at his stable. Other colts and fillies would tease him about being so fluffy and for having such odd coat texture. His odd long legs made it hard for him at first to learn to flash his beautiful tolting gait and to gallop as fast as the others.

xxxWho was his sire? you ask. Well his sire was one of the handsomest white tolters on the farm. His magnificent white coat and his smooth gaits were often the centre of attention. Many admired him and wanted to be him, Vaughn was no exception. His name, Hofnau. Besides beauty the stallion was quite self-centred to be honest. When first meeting Vaughn he tried to like the colt. However he was mortified by his leggy-ness and disliked his odd quirk of crow-hopping and making odd snorting noises when excited. Hofnau wanted nothing to do with the colt and basically disowned him. "no offspring of mine will be less than perfect." he thought.

xxxAs time passed Vaughn had little self-esteem. No mother to guide him, disowned by his father, and made fun of by his peers. "he must be part goat, look at his coat!" one of the fillies used to say. It was often when they made fun of him for being raised by a goat. The fuzzy colt would shrink to the side grazing quietly wanting to be invisible.

xxxIt wasn't until a year later, as his dark coat began to grey more and more. First a few speckles of grey here and there, then a few patches on the barrel and the haunches. What was happening? he thought. The humans seemed so interested in him now. As spring came and left, he had shed his dark coat and now had a light grey coat. He no longer had odd long legs that didn't fit his body. He slowly became a great attraction for the farm known as Vaughn the fluff.

lost in the abyss
        drowned in the deep
        there is a world inside of me
Last edited by zomsith on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zomsith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raury » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Dropping~ I could never Win something so precious C: Congrats to the lucky winner <333
Last edited by Raury on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raury

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inupait » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Owner: Inupait
Show Name: Canes Venatici
Barn Name: Hunter
Halter Color: blue galaxy
History:
Hunter was a very large foal when he was born, and because of his large size and broad build he did not turn over in his mothers belly like foals are supposed to. So even from the first seconds of labour both mother and foal were in a deadly situation. Coming hind feet first made the birth too difficult for his poor mother. Though she strained endlessly she was not strong enough to have him without assistance.
A vet was called and carefully the mare was assisted in delivering her foal. Unfortunately it wasn’t careful enough. Though Hunter was saved and only suffered a slight twist in his back legs from the pulling chains his mother suffered terribly. She was with him for the first three days of his life, but the birth had been too much, her body had not managed the ordeal and slowly she began to fade. It was internal bleeding that slowly suckled the life out of the poor mare even as she cared for her newborn foal.
Over the short time Hunter had with his mother he watched her fade. By the third day he went to nuzzle her to stand and allow him to nurse but she didn’t move. Her flank had already become cool and her eyes her forever paralyzed in the haze of death. He will never forget that look; it is a look that turned his insides to stone.
He was given to a nurse mare who eagerly accepted him after the loss of her own foal and he was cared for by her but he never felt the same love for her as he did for his mother. As for his father he will never know. He had never been apart of the question so the young colt felt very much alone despite his nurse mother’s efforts and the other horses for him to romp with. Something about loosing his mother so young has displaced him emotionally from everyone else.
( this is how I lost my mare and foal two years ago, so this was hard to write)
Last edited by Inupait on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inupait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:17 pm

Owner: Ariana Black
Show Name: Fluffy Bunny
Barn Name: Bun Bun
Halter Color: Something based on this with white bunnies?
History: Bun Bun was born in a cold chilly Spring in Switzerland. The landscape of the farm was still covered in a soft layer of snow. When she had nursed and rested, Bun Bun and her mother went out into the pasture so that her mom could be out in the sunshine and Bun Bun could play in the snow. Bun Bun's father and their owner's son were out riding that day on the mountainside. They were having such a great time that they didn't notice the ground shaking. All of a sudden they hear a roar. It was an avalanche! They raced as fast as they could but they couldn't escape. They were buried under hundreds of pounds of snow where they froze to death. They would not be found for days if not weeks because of the amount of snow. Meanwhile, Bun Bun and her mom were playing tag in the snow. Both were kicking up their heals enjoying their time in the snow. When it got too cold they went back inside the barn where their owner brought them warm towels to dry them off and heated blankets to keep them warm. It was late at night so he had brought a lantern. The owner's wife came and got him for dinner and he forgot the lantern. Mother and daughter settled in for the night and prepared sleep. Before truly drifting off though Bun Bun heard the hoot hoot of a barn owl. She ignored it and drifted off. They had been asleep for only an hour when Bun Bun's mother started screaming in terror. During that hour the barn owl had knocked over the lamp and started a fire! All around them horses were screaming. Bun Bun's mom tried to get to the pasture but the door had been shut so she couldn't get out. She knew she had to keep her daughter safe so she started pounding on the door with her hooves. Their owner was coming and letting out the others as he reached their stall. By the time he got there though Bun Bun's mom had died. Bun Bun was barely alive herself. Her owner scooped her up and raced out of the barn. Already neighbors were there helping to put out the fire. The neighborhood vet was there and he took Bun Bun while her owner worked with the others to stop the fire. Bun Bun made a full recovery but was now an orphan. None of the other mares would take to her so she would have to be bottle fed which her owner and his wife did happily. Though Bun Bun missed out on having her real parents she never had a need that wasn't met. When she was weaned she got the chance to play with some of the other foals that had been kept away by their mothers. Now she gets to run and play all day. Sometimes she still thinks of her real mom but it is a faint memory. She remembers the fire though and stays clear of any flames even controlled ones.

Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khans » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Owner: Khaos

Show Name: Snjór Kanína (Snow Bunny)

Barn Name: Bunny or Kanína

Halter Color: White and Gold

History: Kanína was born on a late winter's day. Her mother, Snjór, tried nickering to her new foal, but had little luck. The air was far too harsh for the new lungs. All the little thing could do was blink, but even that stung her poor peachy eyes. The mare panicked "was this normal?" "what do I do?" It was her first foal and she was the only horse to her owners. She nuzzled the foal, soft at first, then with force. Kanína had frost covering her weak, curled body by now. Salty tears started to fall from the mare's face as she nudged the foal. Snjór refused to lose her. She began biting Kanína at the hind end. It wasn't until the mare blurted out "Get up!" in a deep bletch that the foal leaped up and staggered onto her numb legs. The adrenaline forced her to breath in the brutal, crisp air, giving her life. Her body shivered as she waddled to her mother and nursed for the first time. The mare was still in fear for the foal, but was content that it had a chance of survival.

Snjór had a plan to keep the foal warm. She dug a hole in the snow and stumped the rest down, making a shallow borrow. She then called for her swaying foal who was trying her hardest not to collapse. One step at a time, she made her way to the laying, white, fluffy mare. Kanína fell into the warmth of her mothers belly. Snjór then wrapped her neck around, giving her foal an additional warmth.

Kanína survived her most difficult night

The foal had rapid fur growth as her body needed to stay warm. By morning, she was a damp, fluffy mess. She staggered at first in the deep, glistening snow. Each step heavier than the next due to the clumps on her ever growing feathers. As the day longed on She would tier. Her legs sore and her eyes burning, she would stand quietly with her eyes closed shut every now and then. That afternoon a small child with a bucket of grain came out to the padlock. She was stunned to see the filly. When their eyes met, it was sheer confusion. Kanína shivered in protest, but hopped over to the child. Snjór followed her foal, watching the odd behavior. Kanína would lift her knees to her chest, attempting to avoid the deep snow. It was surely a sight to see. The child then ran back to the small house to only be seen from time to time in the distance.

Kanína was bound to survive

Locals would appear by the side of the fence, bring daily goodies such as potatoes or bread for Snjór. They would also watch the pluff of a filly leap above the snow, sometimes eyes closed. People started calling the foal Kanína because of how she would pounce like a winter hare.

One day Snjór stopped coming to the fence. She grew weaker and weaker, to the point where she would not even let Kanína nurse. Visitors would call to her, others jumped the fence to try to feed the mare. After a week, a group of locals decided to complain to the owners, but had no luck. That night, the wind was harsh and snow began to fall. Snjór made a shallow borrow like before and laid down. Kanína crawled next to the mare and drifted into a dream. The filly awoke to a loud tuckering noise. She looked up to see strangers ripping the fence apart. Snjór didn't more an inch through all the commotion. "grab them both before he notices" a hefty guy whispered to his companions. First was Kanína since she was easy to drag along into the trailer. The filly weld for her mother. Her crying was abruptly cut short when the trailer door slammed behind her. The trailer ride was long and bumpy, the poor filly stumbled and tumbled around. Everything halted and the trailer door opened. "Quick, take her!" "bring them in the house" an elder lady ordered to the men "I dont care about the rug, just get them inside." The hefty man who had Kanína in his arms looked down to the ground "Snjór didn't make it..."

Kanína was all alone

Takes place in Isafjordur (Ísafjörður),Iceland
Last edited by Khans on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ImageImageImage
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

all arts, beh
avior,psycho
logy,equines
, canines, ce
rvides, bovin
es← ← ← ← ← ← ← ←

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
FGEE // CEE // Ask.fm // FR
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

INPT, naturally curious, dist
ant at times, wanting drea
mer, confused, procrastina
tion queen ← ← ← ← ← ←

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
↑↑
Khans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Owner:
.Taz.
Show Name:
--
Barn Name:
Chey
Halter Color:
Pastel yellow with silver buckles.
History:
817 Words

Chey was cantering around having the time of her life in the meadow. It was huge compared to the small stall she was born in. She heard the careful whinny of her mother behind her as she remembered not to stray far away. Chey spun and trotted proudly back to her mother, obeying her command. She looked up at her mother's eyes, only to see them faded blue and glazed over like she was dead. Chey knew her mother was blind but it was hard to remember when all the other foal's mothers were normal. Chey nuzzled her mum, named Petal, and started to drink. Her strength replenishing quickly as she finally felt full. Chey smiled and bounded away from her mother and back towards the foals. Later that night, when chey was snuggled up against her mother's side, a truck pulled up. The truck was towing a horse float behind it. The first person to step out was the owner of the farm. The second was a middle aged woman who wore tight jodhpurs and a show jacket. She was carrying a small halter and lead rope, as well as a foal blanket. Chey watched them with curiosity as they both entered the meadow. Petal was still sleeping soundly while her daughter restlessly wriggled around. The woman came closer to the pair, being followed by the man. Chey finally decided they were too close for comfort so she let out a high pitched squeal that woke up all the horses in the area. Petal shot up faster than you could say 'Run!'. She twisted quickly around to leap in front of Chey but froze when she heard her owner's gentle voice. Her muscles were still tensed as he walked up to her and clipped her halter on her. He stroked her neck and patted her shoulder as he distracted her from what was going to happen next. Chey stared in awe as her mother turned from a wild protector to a cuddly kitten. She snorted and turned her attention to the woman in front of her. She didn't seem so bad but she quickly revoked her judgement when the woman slyly clipped the halter easily onto Chey's head. Chey's first reaction was to turn and gallop away but her head was violently jerked to the side when the woman held onto the rope. The foal panicked and reared, attempting again to escape from the woman's strong grasp. But alas, it didn't work. Petal's frightened whinny rang out into the sky as she heard her foal's distressed squeals. The man was all too prepared and had lead the mare further away so there was nothing she could do. The woman walked towards the foal but Chey shied away too quickly for her to react. The woman sighed and tugged on the lead rope. She was stronger so Chey reluctantly followed. She was being lead to the trailer where her fate would be sealed. The woman lowered the ramp and started to pull Chey up it. The filly let out more squeals and neighs for her mother but this time there was only a faint answer in the distance. Chey lost the tug of war battle as she was tied in place by the woman. The clang of the ramp being lifted and locked against the trailer was unforgettable for the young filly. It was the most blood chilling noise she had ever heard, because it meant that she wasn't going to see her mother again. The windows were too high for Chey so she couldn't see out to try and search for her mother's face one last time. The truck jerked into motion, heading down the gravel track towards the road. Chey's eyes widened with true terror as her mother's distant shrill neigh barely reached her ears. At that moment, the filly realised that this was really happening. She was going to lose her mother, her father, her home, and everything. Years later, Chey grew up on a stud farm. She never liked it because the grooms were too rough with her floofy coat. The only thing Chey remembered about her mother was her blind eyes. When she got older, Chey discovered that she was originally too young to be weaned from her mother. So she was taken too early but was given to a nursing mare when she arrived at the farm. She drank slowly, knowing that she was an orphan. She heard gossip around the farm about her mother being put down because she was blind, and her father was sold overseas. Her family was in ruins all because of that day. Chey doesn't like adults but she loves this one girl, Morgan. She was the daughter of a poor groom. But she loved horses so when she was allowed to come to the stud farm with her dad, she would brush Chey all day long, feeding her treats in between.
Last edited by Tazaria on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes