Based on Click to view
Artist noreptiles_ [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Meteor Shower #004 - Huntress of Artemis

Postby noreptiles_ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Paint-Tailed Pythons(PTP) are a unique breed of pythons that have paint seeping from their tail tips. PTP tend to be slightly smaller than their close cousins, ball pythons, females being around 2-3 feet long and males 1-2 feet long. Hatchlings are dramatically smaller at only 5 inches long.
Pythons tend to be quite intelligent, and PTP are no exception. PTP tend to be quite shy when first introduced to their owners, but will warm up quickly and soon become inseparable. PTP have exceptionally long lifespans, and have been known to live for upwards of 60 years.

This snake is slightly covered in smoky quarts! Yes, those are little crystal horns xD

PTP Name: Flynn
PTP Gender: male
PTP Rarity: rare
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meteor Shower #004

Postby Butter Dragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:35 pm

PTP Name:
w.i.p
PTP Gender:
male
PTP Rarity:
rare
How you bonded with this snake:
w.i.p
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:07 pm

PTP Name: Astro
PTP Gender: Male
How you bonded with this snake: I smiled as I took my snake home, happy that the Calix allowed me to have such a beautiful and wonderful creature. I set it down in It's cage: it was big and clear, and as much to It's previous home I could make it. I observed Astro for a minute, was that...smoky quarts shards on him? My, he must be special! I went into my kitchen to wash some dishes, my mind racing with thoughts. Let's see...I already bought his food, so I'll feed him after I clean the dishes! Hey, he'll be eating while I have dinner! How cool is that? So maybe- a loud crash of glass immediately interrupted my thoughts, and I rushed into my living room, thinking a burglar had thought no one was home. I looked around rapidly, no one was there! So who had-oh, awwww, silly Astro! He must be hungry and had broken his case! Still, I need to scold him! If I get too soft, he might get a bit too spoiled! "Astro! That's a no-no!" I said, trying to scold the snake for his behavior. "You don't break your home! Now I'm going to have to run to the pet store and get a new one for you!" I held Astro in my hands, he looked at me in a confused and slightly guilty way. I set him down on my couch, hoping he wouldn't get in trouble. And if I wanted to keep it that way, I'd need to run to the store, and fast! The whole trip took about 10 minute's (long, I know, but I got in school traffic and it was hard!) As I was reaching to open my door, a loud, high pitched screech had escaped from my house. I opened my door harshly and loudly: that was defiantly not Astro! I looked around, and in the corner, there was a burglar, it had my family heirloom! The heirloom is a dragon statue: it holds a sign that says "Home is where your stuff is." I know it may seem silly, but it holds a special place in my heart! "HEY!" I yelled at the burglar, angry that he dared come into my home. "Please!" he said, terrified, "Call your pet off! I promise I'll give this back, but please get him away!" I tilted my head, slightly confused, then, I saw it. Astro, the brave thing! He was facing off the burglar, a particular displeased look on his face. I closed my door and walked to the burglar: grabbing the heirloom right out of his hand. "Astro will back off soon," I start, "But not before I make a phone call. In the meantime, you'd better stay put, or else!" I went over to my house phone and called 911: and in minutes the police had taken the burglar away. After this, I put Astro in his new home, and made his dinner and mine. As I rested on my couch watching TV, I heard a hiss behind me. "What is it, Astro?" I asked as I looked at the snake: he looked sad. As if the big case was nothing at all. Feeling guilty, I took Astro in my arms and sat back on my couch, starting to feel very relaxed as he rested in my arms. "You know, Astro..." I said quietly just before drifting off to sleep. "I don't think you need a case in the house." And, after that, we both fell asleep, this only being the start of a beautiful relationship.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huntress of Artemis » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:50 pm

I had done all my research. Paint-Tailed Pythons were one of the most intelligent species of snakes and had very similar brain structures to humans. They could feel love, hate, excitement, fear, pain, joy, depression, and any other feeling just as well as humans can. PTPs are most recognizable by their paint cover bodies. I felt like I was ready to adopt one for my own. That was when I got the call. No, not one or two, but a number of snakes had fallen literally from the sky. Well in a meteor, but never the less, I rushed to the scene hoping and praying that I would get one of the pythons. Suddenly, I notice a strange figure in the back of the crowd. He was wearing a black hoody so that you couldn't see his face, but I knew this wasn't one of the usual adopters. I walked over to him when I noticed a small, squirming lump in his jacket pocket. The hooded figure knew turned and started to walk away. Then it hit me. He had just stolen one of the snakes.
"Hey!" I exclaimed and burst into a sprint after the man. The man started running, fulfilling my suspicion. Suddenly, the hooded figure tripped, sprawling out along the ground. I pounced on him, pinning him down. I pulled the snake from his pocket and looked at him in the eyes, "Do you have any idea what this is? Do you know-"
"Please.." He cut me off, "Please don't turn me in" the man begged and I realized he was just a child.
"Why shouldn't I?" I demanded, but my voice had softened.
"I have a family, and I need to provide for them... My mom is sick, and I have to care for her. I can't do that if I am in jail. I thought this was the only way I could make money, but I can find another way. Please." He repeated with a strained voice.
"Go." I believed him, besides everything I believed him.
"What?"
"I said go, and leave before I change my mind,"
I growled. "Wait. What's your name anyway, kid?"
"Flynn."
Then he was gone. I took a deep breath and looked down at the snake I was holding. It looked back up at me with caramel eyes full of wonder. As our eyes met, the world seemed to stop. I understood its fear of what would of happened if I hadn't intervened, it's confusion of what was happening, and it's security as it lay in my arms, and I knew this snake was the one for me. We had the exact same gift of being perfectly in the wrong place at the wrong time, luckily that was to our benefit today. I carried the python back to the meteor site, awaiting that fateful moment when it would be decided if the snake was mine.
~485 words~

Last edited by Huntress of Artemis on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁
Hi there!
I am Huntress of Artemis, but please
feel free to call me Huntress.
Please feel free to pm me about
anything. Thank you for your time! c:

BMWsPTPsCKsCLsOther Art
Huntress of Artemis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby altiora » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:39 pm

PTP Name: Occhio
      [From Occiolism]

Occhio had trouble sleeping. It wasn’t obvious; the lack of eyelids made you wonder for a while, but the fact his head drooped when you weren’t watching and that even when you were quiet his tongue instantly tasted the air when you neared… he wasn’t even sleeping at night as you noticed singular words like ‘Sky’ and ‘Emotion’ and ‘Red’ and ‘Words’ written on the almost hidden side of large objects that he hides in within the enclosure; words that he wouldn’t write when you were with him, and you amnesiac didn’t sleep long each night for him to write so many and so neatly written words and still have time to sleep fully. Something was wrong but he wouldn’t make any attempt to tell you what.

You wanted to connect with him. It had only been two nights, one day (having received him gratefully from Calix in time to put him in his new home and then sleep after just watching him and trying to communicate with him for hours) and now, on the second morning, you decided to do something with the words you just could see. You put down words and concepts that related in your view to one of his singular words.

‘Sky,’ you wrote, ‘blue and soft. Holder of white and grey and black candyfloss, which drifts below the ever-changing colour of its ceiling.’ Sometimes it didn’t make sense but you continued writing.
    ‘Emotion,’ you started again, ‘unknowingly vibrant to all. Creates bridges out of spiderwebs and skyscrapers out of fire.’
    ‘Red,’ you continued, ‘is something if not seen then felt by all. It’s a hurricane within a gentle touch. A gentle touch within a hurricane.’
    ‘Words,’ you finished, desperate, ‘a closer approximation to memories about the transparency and versatile abilities of perception.’

You had finished and he had only turned his head towards the piece of paper which was angled towards him. Did anything he read peak his interest? Would he reply in any way? He turned his head back around and you left, disappointed.

You came back that night. Of course you did.

You sat on the chair next to his large enclosure and just stared at your piece of paper still lying there. Occhio was curled up, but awake, his tail making circular motions on his bedding, creating a circle that overfilled and turned irregular. As he wasn’t looking at the new lines you had made, you spoke them out loud. His tail slowly stopped moving. You wondered if you should leave, if you were boring him. But you stopped and he hissed and you continued speaking until you yourself yawned. When you stopped this time, he didn’t make a single sound, didn’t twitch even once. You went to bed earlier than usual, and slept fully, and peacefully. The next day, a few words were written in open view.

Perhaps in some cases, there isn’t an instantaneous bond. But, you think, two lonely souls like yourselves can keep each other company.
        [-500 words exactly]
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Huntress of Artemis wrote:

[img]-snip[/img]

I had done all my research. Paint-Tailed Pythons were one of the most intelligent species of snakes and had very similar brain structures to humans. They could feel love, hate, excitement, fear, pain, joy, depression, and any other feeling just as well as humans can. PTPs are most recognizable by their paint cover bodies. I felt like I was ready to adopt one for my own. That was when I got the call. No, not one or two, but a number of snakes had fallen literally from the sky. Well in a meteor, but never the less, I rushed to the scene hoping and praying that I would get one of the pythons. Suddenly, I notice a strange figure in the back of the crowd. He was wearing a black hoody so that you couldn't see his face, but I knew this wasn't one of the usual adopters. I walked over to him when I noticed a small, squirming lump in his jacket pocket. The hooded figure knew turned and started to walk away. Then it hit me. He had just stolen one of the snakes.
"Hey!" I exclaimed and burst into a sprint after the man. The man started running, fulfilling my suspicion. Suddenly, the hooded figure tripped, sprawling out along the ground. I pounced on him, pinning him down. I pulled the snake from his pocket and looked at him in the eyes, "Do you have any idea what this is? Do you know-"
"Please.." He cut me off, "Please don't turn me in" the man begged and I realized he was just a child.
"Why shouldn't I?" I demanded, but my voice had softened.
"I have a family, and I need to provide for them... My mom is sick, and I have to care for her. I can't do that if I am in jail. I thought this was the only way I could make money, but I can find another way. Please." He repeated with a strained voice.
"Go." I believed him, besides everything I believed him.
"What?"
"I said go, and leave before I change my mind,"
I growled. "Wait. What's your name anyway, kid?"
"Flynn."
Then he was gone. I took a deep breath and looked down at the snake I was holding. It looked back up at me with caramel eyes full of wonder. As our eyes met, the world seemed to stop. I understood its fear of what would of happened if I hadn't intervened, it's confusion of what was happening, and it's security as it lay in my arms, and I knew this snake was the one for me. We had the exact same gift of being perfectly in the wrong place at the wrong time, luckily that was to our benefit today. I carried the python back to the meteor site, awaiting that fateful moment when it would be decided if the snake was mine.
~485 words~

[img]-snip-[/img]

Congratz! I love the story, and that art is adorable! <3

I'm also offering runner ups to DragonGirl987 & Desertea because I loved your stories too, and it was difficult to choose! Just post on here, or pm me your favorite colour, and favorite gem/stone.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meteor Shower #004 - Huntress of Artemis

Postby Huntress of Artemis » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Thank you so much!!! I really love this PTP!! <3

(I also loved both of your stories as well! <3)
Hi there!
I am Huntress of Artemis, but please
feel free to call me Huntress.
Please feel free to pm me about
anything. Thank you for your time! c:

BMWsPTPsCKsCLsOther Art
Huntress of Artemis

My pets
My items
My wishlist