None

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]
Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#323 First touch

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Joules came to me by way of the agency. I finally had trained all my herd. I was so proud. I thought I'd take a while off and just enjoy their company before adding to the crew. I had some pretty fancy Nera already, Clovis with his ribbons and gloves, Skhiz and her dazzle camo markings and Iris's blue sky coat stood out the most but they all appealed to me in one way or the other. Then I made the mistake of glancing through one of the adoption pamphlets the agency sends out periodically. I was struck by BLUE, bright and glorious with electric blue bolts across her back. I was already checking my resources while I reached for the phone. I had to meet this girl and see if we could work something out.

The next morning found me outside her enclosure waiting for the representative to unlock the gate. For some reason the fence was higher here. I worried that perhaps she was dangerous. When the nice young lady brought the key, she laughed and put my fears to rest. Apparently this girl was just super energetic so they took the precautions to keep her from accidentally getting out. While my concerns seemed to be unfounded, I was now mystified by what that might mean. After the gate was opened and I was hustled inside, I got a better idea why they existed and then started making plans for a play area for my soon to be new Nera. Think of the most manic cat you have ever met only over 8 feet tall on all fours, never mind how tall on their hind legs. She crossed the enclosure in one and a half bounds at high speed, her momentum carrying her halfway up the wall then reverse flipped off only to land gracefully and head off in a new direction for similar maneuver. Super ball, perpetual motion? Many other comparisons came to mind as well then she dropped as if shot and flopped on her side, tail whacking down slightly later only inches from my feet, a puff of dust rising around the mare. Moments later, just as I was beginning to wonder if she was alright, she rolled over, feet pawing the air only to come to rest on her other side, perfectly still again, for all of 2 minutes. At this point she deigned to notice my existence. She raising her head and turning it in my direction, ears swiveling like mad. Not quite sure what to do, I said, "Hello?" The brilliant blue tail lazily snaked around my leg and tugged me forward, gently. I flailed my arms and hopped forward a few times then tripped over an outstretched hind leg and sprawled across her middle. She proceeded to hold me with her tail and started to lick my hair. This girl was nuts and I was nuts about her. When I finally managed to extract myself, I signed the paperwork and loaded her into my trailer.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #323 WH32#85

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:00 pm

The next day I accepted delivery of a truck load of railroad ties and heavy lumber. My goal was to build a Nera sized jungle gym play area. I had spent the previous evening drawing up a few sketches and, with the help of the workmen I had hired from the lumber yard, we had a heavy duty assortment of walls, bridges and platforms assembled by late afternoon. During the construction, the herd hung around curiously, especially the new girl. In fact, Joules had to be tied while the workman took down the temporary construction fence they had erected. I honestly don't know if they put it up for the safety of the Nera or themselves. The looks they kept giving my little group made me think the latter. I had gotten so accustom to them I tended to forget most people had never met a Neravontii face to face.

The plan was to give my high energy girl a chance to wear herself out some before I even attempted to saddle her. Since the agency said she loved to be ridden, I hoped that it would be relatively easy to get her tacked up but it was hard to keep her in one place long enough. Perhaps as she got a bit older and more settled, she would slow down - at least a little bit.

Once the fences were down, the workman had packed and left and I was positive that not one nail or screw remained to damage a sensitive foot, I released the manic mare and awaited developments. She rushed up to the former fence line and stopped abruptly then slowly stretched her neck out to check if she could actually get further this time. Finally satisfied that nothing separated her from the enticing construction, she pranced forward, abruptly lunged upward. Swinging, bouncing and climbing in ways that nearly defied both imagination and gravity, she reached the top in a matter of minutes. Several of the younger girls were slipping in closer and Iris finally climbed onto one of the lower levels only to settle down contentedly as if to say, "see, nothing to it." At that point, everyone but Clovis started investigating the "new thing" which thrilled Joules to no end. The stallion casually leaned on the fence, idly scratching his hip with his tail hand as if such "horse play" was not for such a elegant fellow such as he.

Once I had made sure the new construction would hold up, I went back into the barn to gather the tack. When I returned about 20 minutes later, there were Nera sprawled all over the various platforms. At the very top I could see a bright blue hide gleaming in the sun. The energetic mare did have some limits, it seemed. Of course, I now see a major flaw to my logic. I can't exactly saddle her way up there. Time for plan "B" (and I didn't have one yet.)

I deposited the gear along the top rail and nearest post, pulled out my keys and went back inside. My snack budget had been cut in half since I locked up the fridge in the barn. Shortly I returned with the custom cart I had a friend weld together for me after the second store bought contraption came apart a few months ago. The first one smashed flat under Smore when she leapt over the crowd, cutting line to grab the her marshmallows. The second one virtually exploded when one of Clovis' boys wedged themselves onto the lower shelf, trying to hoard all the anchovies and the other boy tried to join him. The third, and hopefully final cart rode on 5 solid steel rollers. Not much good out of the paddock but I never planned on serving lunch in the back pasture anyway. The top had two compartments that slid open, their covers disappearing into the cart. Latching drawers filled the lower section on both sides. I had seriously considered cancelling my gym membership since I started making use of this behemoth but there were few stolen treats.

Everyone but Joules knew the sound of that cart and there was already movement by the time I parked at the base of the play area. Several raised heads, ears swiveling like little sonar dishes. The new girl still up there sunbathing though. Soon the herd was mostly on the ground, jostling for position a bit but largely behaving for once. I did see a long, sneaky tongue toying with the latch on a couple of drawers which meant Chia was trying to hide on the other side of the cart and filch something. I gave it a gentle poke, like I wasn't use to that by now. Clovis got his cookies, Iris a handful of worms, cheese for Selma, a little something for everyone. By the time I had served two thirds of my kids, a bright blue head had risen curiously way above. As the twins swarmed up a nearby oak, fussing over the last anchovy, I felt warm breath on the top of my head. I glanced up just as she leaned over my shoulder to sniff at all the delectable aromas. I'd managed to save a bit of everything but the anchovies. I laid out an assortment on the closed top and petted her neck while she browsed the treats. I carefully dropped back and transferred the saddle to her back, hooking the main straps to secure it in place. A slight twitch of her hide was the only sign that she even noticed. She must have really worked up an appetite with all her gymnastics.
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #323 WH32#85

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:47 am

From that point on I saddled her at least once a day, till she was getting bored with the process. Sometimes I'd lean on the saddle and by the following week, I had nearly my full weight on her back with little reaction. I figured I should stop dawdling and just climb aboard the next day.

First thing in the morning I tacked up the beautiful blue girl. Various nera were laying about the climbing assemblage. I really wish I had thought of it before, it saved wear and tear on the trees, if nothing else. Swinging aboard Joules, I sat and awaited developments.

Schiz was on the top platform, tail hanging off one side and feet hanging off another. She must have finally scented us because her head raised slowly and one ear swiveled forward then she made a little noise. It must have been Neravontii for "come and get me" because Joules started forward with a lunge that nearly unseated me and I grabbed various straps for stability. When she started climbing, I nearly wished I had fallen off. Closing my eyes, I hung on for dear life.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me